PDA

View Full Version : Slipstream's Obligatory LFG Thread

Slipstream
05-28-2009, 03:30 PM
Hi there. Been on the board for the past few weeks and optimistic about finding the group that will fit my schedule. I've been using the Player/Game Finder every few days and used all the suggestions on this site (great tips and tools, good work) but I figured I'd place an ad here just for as added buffer.

I'm looking for any sci-fi/space/steampunk/dieselpunk/fantasy or mixture of all. Would love being a part of a crew on a trader ship, whether it's at sea, the aether, or in the farthest depths of the galaxy.

D&D, in its various versions, doesn't really fit my tastes/character style. But if you've got a fantastic campaign going, shoot me a line and it might convince me. :)

I'll go ahead and say no right now to any horror themed games. Just not my cup of tea.

Thanks!

MortonStromgal
06-05-2009, 12:41 PM
You may want to check out Emerald City Gamefest. They meet on Thursday nights to play more indie games but its not indie only.

linkage http://emeraldcitygamefest.org/

Slipstream
06-23-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm now part of a Star Wars d20 group in Bothell on Monday nights, and going to see about groups at a local shop on Saturday (beginning with a playtest group for this Sat only that I signed up with). Otherwise, I'm still open to trying any others. Thanks!

Anarkeith
06-24-2009, 05:03 PM
D&D, in its various versions, doesn't really fit my tastes/character style. But if you've got a fantastic campaign going, shoot me a line and it might convince me. :)

Hey Slip,

Keeping your quote in mind (and revealing that I don't have a campaign ongoing, but am looking to start one) I decided to post anyway, since it seems we're neighbors.

I'm in the process of trying to put a group of experienced GMs/players together for some shared world-building. So, what the world will be is undecided at this point. I'd prefer 4e D&D, but might be convinced something else is better with the right mix of people. I'm talking to folks outside my usual gaming group as most of them are pretty casual gamers and I'm looking for a little more intensity in a group (both from a roleplaying and a game mechanics perspective.)

Drop me a line if you want to chat more.

~Keith