PDA

View Full Version : Transformers II

Genesplicer
05-28-2009, 11:08 AM
Last month's get together over the Star Trek movie was a success. How about we do it agian this month for Transformers II. I've always been a big fan of the Transformers, and even though the live action movies are rather differant, I still liked the last one.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, opens twards the end of the month on Wednesday June 25th. How about that Saturday, the 27? The twilight showing (between 4PM and 6PM) at Keystone Regal Cinema on Spring Vally and 75 worked well last time, how about we keep it?

Anybondy else interested? Differant theater or date ideas?

GoddessGood
05-28-2009, 12:35 PM
I liked the last trip out, and am wondering how we might get some more attendance. Maybe Andy out at XMax games can advertise for us? I'd be game for another twilight showing at Regal Keystone, though I'll have to make sure I see the 1st movie first ;)

Genesplicer
05-28-2009, 08:30 PM
I liked the last trip out, and am wondering how we might get some more attendance. Maybe Andy out at XMax games can advertise for us? I'd be game for another twilight showing at Regal Keystone, though I'll have to make sure I see the 1st movie first ;)
Yea, that might help.;) It's not the 80's Transformers I grew up on, but it's still prety cool.

Good idea. I'm currently playing in his by-weekly Drow campain, so I'll be seeing him a week from tomarow. I can ask him then if it looks like enough of us are interested to form a core group.

gryphonjjh
06-02-2009, 05:37 PM
I would like to join you guys for Transformers 2, but I work till 7 pm on Saturday. The theater is very close to me, less than 10 minutes away. Can we watch a show after 7 pm?

Genesplicer
06-02-2009, 06:49 PM
We could, but it would cost $9 instead of $6 if I'm remebering the prices right. Also, the theater will likely be more crowded. What are peoples thoughts on this? Are we willing to pay the higher price for the prime time shows?

GoddessGood
06-03-2009, 07:49 AM
We could start up a poll, see how many responses we get. If we get a higher RSVP count on a later time, I think it's worth it, yeah. I think, since you're the OP, you can probably add a poll to this thread ... I could be wrong though, I haven't done that before.

Genesplicer
06-04-2009, 05:08 PM
No, you have to be a comuntiy supporter to do polls. But we can weigh in using posts.

I would prefer a twilight showing. I'm cheap, and broke. But if several people need a later or differant time, I'm willing to bite the bullet. Does any one else besides gryphonjjh need a later showtime? Is anyone else besides gryphonjjh and Goddess interested in seein this movie?

Genesplicer
06-05-2009, 10:44 PM
Hey, just spoke with the guys at Xmax. There is interest, but Sunday would seem to work much better. So how about Sunday the 28th between 4 and 6?

GoddessGood
06-06-2009, 11:09 AM
That's a good idea, Genesplicer. I could definitely do a sunday showing, and 4 to 6 pm shows are less than half price of shows at other times. Do they do twilight matinees on sundays, too?

Genesplicer
06-06-2009, 07:17 PM
They do it every day as far as I'm aware.

gryphonjjh
06-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Well, as it's just me that works weekends, 7 am to 7 pm both Saturday and Sundays, don't worry about changing your times.

Genesplicer
06-08-2009, 04:36 PM
Sorry man. :sorry:

Arkhemedes
06-11-2009, 07:20 PM
Not that I'm into party crashing or anything, but since this is being discussed on a thread, am I correct in assuming that any member of the Dallas is group is welcome to the Transformer showing? Thought it would be nice to meet some of you guys. If not please let me know. I promise not to pout.

Genesplicer
06-13-2009, 01:40 AM
Yes, Yes, and YES!!!! The more the merrier!!!! Current plan is for Sunday the 28th at the Keystone Theater at Spring Vally and 75 between 4 PM and 6 PM for the twilight show, which is even cheaper than the matinee. Final showtime to be determind when they anounce the showtimes that Friday the 26. Please come and meet us.

In fact, were having an offical informal get together at Xmax games the Tuesday before (June 23rd) at 6 PM (late comers welcomed). See the June 2009 thread for full details.

Arkhemedes
06-13-2009, 09:35 AM
Cool. Can't make the Xmax thing though. Tuesday night is my group's game night. So how does this work? Do you guys get a bite to eat before or after the show or is it just about the movie? It would be a shame to meet you guys and not get to talk for a bit because we're all watching a movie.

Genesplicer
06-13-2009, 12:31 PM
We all show up about 45 minuites before show time, we'll comgrigate in the back of the loby by the vidogames, and then we'll go in as a group 30 min. before showtime so we can be reasonably certain of getting good seats together. We'll watch the movie, and then we'll start blabering about it amongst eachother as soon as it ends. If you want to try to coordinate an after movie dinner session, feel free. You can do it add hock after the movie, or you can try to make more formal plans with everyone right here on this thread.

Arkhemedes
06-13-2009, 02:22 PM
Great. Sounds good to me. Count me in on anything and everything. I guess I'll send a descrip of myself sometime before hand so that I'm easy to pick out in a crowd. I'm making the assumption that Genesplicer is in the Dallas group picture (with Goddessgood on the right?). Now I just need to find the place - don't worry, I'll figure it out.

GoddessGood
06-13-2009, 05:48 PM
75 Central and Spring Valley in north dallas :) Yup, that's me and me beau on the right. I'll bring the camera again, fellas. Look sharp ;)

Genesplicer
06-15-2009, 12:52 AM
I'm in the blue Rifts T-Shirt. I'll post the available showtimes on this thread on Friday the 26th as soon as I pull in the morning paper. We'll select which one we want, and then I'll bug Ron to put it on the callender.

adaquacity24
06-16-2009, 10:12 AM
Well if I can get that day off, I'll be there.

Genesplicer
06-26-2009, 01:24 PM
Alright, showtimes have been released for this weekend. There is only one twilight showing, and that's at 4:10 PM. So the plan would be to show up between 3:25 and 4:40, and head in to grab seats as a group at 3:40.

Is this acceptable to everyone?

Arkhemedes
06-26-2009, 01:30 PM
Yeah, I'll be there, baring any unforeseen random encounters. However, I'm kind of wishing now that we were seeing another flick. Wasn't all that crazy about the first one and I'm hearing some awful stuff about this one (Be ready for two and a half hours of loud, blurry explosions where you can't tell who's fighting who.) No matter though. It'll be worth it just to meet you guys.

Genesplicer
06-26-2009, 01:38 PM
Well, that's part of the reason for us to all see it togther. We're all curious as to how it will turn out, and if its bad...instant suport group.

GoddessGood
06-26-2009, 05:52 PM
That's right. If it's good (like Star Trek), we'll be like, "Yaye! It's good!" and if it's bad, we'll be like, "Yaye! It's bad!" Count me and Zac in for the 4:10 :D

ronpyatt
06-26-2009, 06:43 PM
What day and what time?

Arkhemedes
06-26-2009, 06:59 PM
Too lazy to scroll back a bit, aye? Sunday is the day and check #21 above for the time.

Genesplicer
06-26-2009, 10:41 PM
Too lazy to scroll back a bit, aye? Sunday is the day and check #21 above for the time.Now, now, be nice to Ron. He's the groups official organizer, and the only one who can add this event on the official calender.

The movie is This Sunday the 28th at the Regal Keystone Theater at Spring Valley and 75. We are going to the 4:10 PM showing because it is the lowest priced for the day, and we (or at least me) are cheapskates who don't wan't to pay full price. The plan is to meet back by the vidogames in the main lobby (for those of you who went to see Star Trek with us, the same place) between 3:25 and 3:40. At 3:40, we're going to go in and get seats. At 4:10 the movie starts (we hope), and we are happily entertained (again we hope) for the next two or so hours.

I just spoke to Andy of Xmax Games. He has to take his wife to the arirport but he will be their before start time so I told him we would save him a seat. If anyone is in a simmilar situation, let us know and we'll save you a seat as well.

Arkhemedes
06-26-2009, 10:47 PM
Sorry Ron, It was the voices in my head I swear. They made me do it.

Genesplicer
06-26-2009, 11:06 PM
Hey Goddess, bring that cammera of yours again if you would, and we'll expand our picture album yet again, as their promisses to be a few new faces.

adaquacity24
06-26-2009, 11:45 PM
4:10 sweet i'll be there

ronpyatt
06-27-2009, 12:27 AM
Too lazy to scroll back a bit, aye? Sunday is the day and check #21 above for the time.
It was a succinct request for confirmation and summary of what was finalized so I could post the event. This is not the only thread in which the Transformers II movie has been mentioned. A comment elsewhere indicated that not everyone has the full picture.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
The movie has been posted to the Events Calendar.
You can RSVP here (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=3509&day=2009-6-28&c=9).

Let me know if I got anything wrong.

GoddessGood
06-27-2009, 10:37 AM
Yeah, you posted that you're not coming ... are you not coming, Ron? :(

I'll be there, with camera and boyfriend in tow. Glad to see we're garnering a healthy crowd :)

Arkhemedes
06-27-2009, 11:37 AM
It was a succinct request for confirmation and summary of what was finalized so I could post the event. This is not the only thread in which the Transformers II movie has been mentioned. A comment elsewhere indicated that not everyone has the full picture.
The movie has been posted to the Events Calendar.
You can RSVP here (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=3509&day=2009-6-28&c=9).

Let me know if I got anything wrong.
Once again Ron, though we've already had our discussion, I wish to publicly apologize for my callous remark. It was a sad attempt at humor.

On a brighter note, I just had my hair cut, so Goddess, hopefully I won't crack the lens on your camera. btw, I'm going to try to get there early because I'll be coming from Bedford and I've never been to this theater before. So if any of you see a guy with a brownish-red hair wearing a black T-shirt with Iron Man on it, standing around looking like a dork, chances are that'll be me, Russell. C-ya there.

Genesplicer
06-27-2009, 03:26 PM
Yeah, you posted that you're not coming ... are you not coming, Ron? :(I second that. We'll miss you.:Cry:
Thanks for putting on the callender for us.:o

ronpyatt
06-28-2009, 11:36 AM
I would love to go, but I have to help my boyfriend get things ready for his exhibit. We'll most like be able to see Transformers on Thursday morning... science willing.

Genesplicer
06-28-2009, 01:04 PM
Oh well. Good luck with the exhibit.
Well, we saw the movie. The general concensus was that it was a decent movie, and we weren't sorry we saw it. Thanks to everyone who came: GoddessGood+1, Arkhemedes, Coyote5, & adaquacity24. GoddessGood did bring our cammera, so we should have a group foto up soon. Sorry to those of you who's sceduals we couldn't acomodate.

Coyote5 has nominated next month's Harry Potter as our next "must see," so keep an eye out for his thread.

Arkhemedes
06-29-2009, 05:53 PM
It was great to meet everyone at the Transformer flick. I think we were all in agreement, despite what I was told, that it was better than the first one. It was a bit long I thought but pretty funny.

If we do the Harry Potter thing, I've got some movies to catch up on before hand. But I'll be watching for the next get together regardless.

GoddessGood
07-04-2009, 10:17 AM
Muchas disculpas, mis companeros. The photo is forthcoming, but my computer is currently being guarded by a sleeping hobbit. House guests can be fun (especially when they talk in their sleep), but occasionally they can get in the way of work. Hooray for laptops!

Genesplicer
07-04-2009, 01:25 PM
Ah... Was wondering what was keeping you. If you need to get rid of a hobbit, I can spare you a couple of wargs. Nice to see you posting again anyway.
:usa:Happy Independance Day all!!!:usa2:

GoddessGood
07-08-2009, 05:25 PM
The Hobbit was a house guest with curly hair and hairy feet (Zac has some of the nicest weird friends :) ). He is gone now, but so is my data transfer cable. Will keep looking :(

Genesplicer
07-08-2009, 05:26 PM
He is gone now, but so is my data transfer cable. Will keep looking :(Bummer! Good luck with your search.