PDA

View Full Version : Mentor needed

Hera
05-27-2009, 07:20 PM
I havent played D & D in many yrs. I want to try and get in some of the online games. The thing is, since its been so long since I've played, I've 4got most everything. I pick things up quick, but only in the hands on kinda way. I can't seem to absorb the "how to play" if Im only reading it.

I think what I really need is someone who doesn't mind being my mentor of sorts and showing me the ropes. And I'd like be able to get in a game where the other players dont mind me kinda learning as I go.

So, all that being said, do I have any mentoring volunteers? I know it can be a pain in the rear, but I really do catch on pretty quick. :D

mnemenoi
05-27-2009, 07:32 PM
I run a 2nd edition realms game on the board here and I'm certain everyone would welcome another player. Feel free to look it over and I'd be more then happy to answer any questions you might have.

gajenx
05-27-2009, 07:34 PM
Um I run a DnD game about 20 minutes probably from where you are if you are interested you are mroe than welcome to join.

Hera
05-27-2009, 09:13 PM
Both of suggestions work for me! Thanks!
--- Merged from Double Post ---

I run a 2nd edition realms game on the board here and I'm certain everyone would welcome another player. Feel free to look it over and I'd be more then happy to answer any questions you might have.

There's so much to go through on the board, Im not sure where to find your game. Mind pointing me in the right direction so I can check it out? Thanks

gajenx
05-27-2009, 09:16 PM
I take back my 20 minutes if the google map is right for you. I live over by the Piggly Wiggly in Bluff Park if you know where that is.

Hera
05-27-2009, 09:42 PM
I take back my 20 minutes if the google map is right for you. I live over by the Piggly Wiggly in Bluff Park if you know where that is.

Yep, I know where it is. I have a couple friends who live over that way.

tesral
05-29-2009, 09:29 PM
That really is a face to face kind of thing. I'm willing, but that distance thing is happening.

gajenx
05-29-2009, 09:30 PM
Come on it woudl only be about a 11 - 12 hour drive to get to the game. I promise to make it really fun for you.

mrken
05-30-2009, 10:44 AM
:) Think he meant Hera was welcome to his game kind of thing. :)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-30-2009, 12:18 PM
I didn't catch it till i saw the response. :laugh: