PDA

View Full Version : Post your Favorite Recipes

GoddessGood
05-27-2009, 08:30 AM
Inspired by a thread I saw in another forum. I'll start with something I had for dinner a couple days ago.

My Favorite Grill Sauce
1 cup ketchup
1/3 cup honey (any kind is ok, wildflower or orange is better, local is best)
1/4 cup soy
2 cloves garlic, chopped fine

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Salt and pepper the meat you'll be grilling and then spoon or brush the sauce on liberally. Use it all, this stuff makes a crappy dipping sauce. I usually halve this recipe and it is enough for 3 butterflied pork chops.

My Best Key Lime Pie
4 egg yolks
1 14 oz can sweented condensed milk
1/2 cup key lime juice (freshly squeezed is best)
1 pre-baked pie crust (follow the instructions on the box)

Make sure the pie crust is cooled before you start on the filling. Separate the 4 egg yolks into a bowl and beat vigorously with a whisk until they lighten in color (about a minute). Add in the sweetened condensed milk and combine with a spoon or the whisk. In small batches (1 to 2 tablespoons) add the key lime juice while stirring gently to combine. I don't like to use the full 1/2 cup of juice because I like my pie a little less sour. Let this sit in the bowl to thicken for a good 5 minutes and then pour it into the pie crust. Leave it on the counter for a good hour before putting it in the fridge. What do you do with the egg whites? I never use them, but you can make them into a meringue to put on top. I prefer (homemade) whip cream. No need to bake this pie, the acid in the key limes "cooks" the protein in the eggs and turns the mix into a custard. If you're nervous about eating raw eggs, you can use pasteurized eggs without hurting the recipe. If done right, this pie will be yellow, not green. :lol:

Homemade Whip Cream
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (don't skimp on this!)
1/2 tablespoon plain sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Before you begin, freeze a glass or metal bowl in the freezer for about 15 minutes. When you're ready to make the whip cream, take it out and set it in a pan or larger bowl with ice water in it. The colder you keep the bowl, the easier this will be to make. Pour the (cold) cream into the bowl and beat on slow speed with a handmixer until the cream really froths up. Kick up the speed to medium and beat until you start to see tracks (or wakes) in the cream. Then add the sugar and vanilla on the side of the bowl and continue beating on medium-high until the cream forms soft or medium peaks. You can test this by turning off the handmixer, dipping the beaters into the cream and pulling them out straight up. When you turn them over, the cream should form a little peak that may droop or wobble a bit. A lot of drooping means soft peaks, not so much and you've got medium peaks. If it's more clumpy than peaky, those are probably hard peaks and you should stop mixing or the cream will just become a runny mess. Apply the whip cream to your chosen dessert immediately. This recipe should make enough for one pie (recipe above). If you're making whip cream to fold into another dessert, stop when you've made soft peaks and be gentle with it. Cool whip is healthier for you, but I think this tastes better.

templeorder
05-27-2009, 10:45 AM
Can these be in-game recipes... like adventurer stew? Tossed Halfing Salad? Grilled Goblin? Tiefling on a stick?

yukonhorror
05-27-2009, 12:02 PM
Swedish (sweetish?) pancakes:
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup flour
1 egg
pinch of salt
pinch of sugar

Mix all, put in frying pan, cook, flip, DONE.

when done, put butter, powdered sugar, jelly, nutella, on it, roll it up, and BOOM, swedish pancakes.

GoddessGood
05-28-2009, 09:42 AM
Ooh, swedish pancakes :) moar plzkthx

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-28-2009, 10:48 AM
Here's my favorite casserole:

Oven at 350.
Cook up 1.5-2 lbs of ground beef or chicken

Mix one silver packet block of cream cheese, 1 cream of chicken, or cream of mushroom, quarter cup ketchup and half cup milk together (you'd be thankful if you used a mixer), then mix in the cooked meat. Put into oven for 30 minutes, then add rolls from a can, or 2, and put on top of casserole. When rolls are done, casserole is done. Remove from oven and serve. Feel free to use a cookie sheet if there isn't room on top of the casserole for all the rolls. I like to cut up the rolls with my fork and mix it with the casserole when eating.

It's a fat pill, but damn it's good.

GoddessGood
06-13-2009, 08:25 PM
Speaking of fatty:

Buttermilk Pie
5 tbsps All purpose flour
2 cups low fat buttermilk
1 pie crust (uncooked)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
4 tbsp margarine or butter (1/2 a stick), room temp
3/4 cup sugar

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour and 1/2 cup buttermilk, mix vigorously and set aside. This is a slurry to be added later. Beat egg in a large bowl and add sugar, butter and vanilla. Mix until blended and add (non-slurry) buttermilk and mix in. Finally, add the slurry and mix that in, too. Poor that in to the unbaked pie crust and bake for 40 to 45 minutes. The pie will puff up in the middle, but it will settle down after it cools. Garnish with whip cream or coconut if you like. This tastes like a cheesecake but with a nice buttermilk twang.