PDA

View Full Version : June 2009

ronpyatt
05-26-2009, 07:20 AM
Are we invading another meet in June?

Will there be another EAK demo?

Is there another movie that must be seen?

Genesplicer
05-28-2009, 11:03 AM
Are we invading another meet in June?I sure hope so. Xmax Games worked out prety well last time. I'd like to get back to that Cathulu Dimthir was doing for us.

Will there be another EAK demo?He said he was thinking about running another one at Xmax on the 7th. However, he's not yet confirmed that.

Is there another movie that must be seen?Yes, Transformers II. It comes out June 25th, which is, oddly enough, a Wednesday. I'll start the thread for it right now.

GoddessGood
05-28-2009, 12:37 PM
Just curious as to why the title of the thread is June 9th? Something special happening that particular Tuesday? I'd be up for another movie, but if Dimthar is up for it, I'd also like to continue playing that Cthulhu game at XMax. Zac seconds this, btw :)

ronpyatt
05-28-2009, 08:11 PM
That was to read June 2009. :redface: The 9th is cool too, but I'd suspect folks would want to chime in on the days we meet.

Genesplicer
05-28-2009, 08:34 PM
Well, if we continue the Tuesday evining tradition, then our target dates would be the 2nd, the 9th, the 16th, the 23rd, and the 30th. The 2nd is probably to quick for us to pull something together. I would suggest the 16th or the 23rd.

BTW, I was hoping we could all go see Transformers II together. I've started a thread for it, and I'm tentativly plugging Sat the 27th as the date for it.

GoddessGood
05-28-2009, 09:44 PM
Hmm, much as I'd like to have another session at XMax, perhaps this time we ought to go with the wings and beer gig? Seemed to attract more people, at least that was my impression.

gryphonjjh
06-02-2009, 05:31 PM
I would like to meet up with you guys in June. But I work till 8 pm on Tuesdays.

GoddessGood
06-03-2009, 07:50 AM
Aww, we don't mind if you show up late :) Do we, guys?

ronpyatt
06-04-2009, 09:14 AM
Being late is expected, and we stopped roasting people for it years ago.

I would also like to see where Dimthar is going with his Cthulhu game. It was off to a good start. Terrible storm coming. Trapped travelers. The last sanctuary is a big scary mansion. So, what happens next?

Genesplicer
06-04-2009, 05:12 PM
In order to find out, we must set a when or where (we have yet to do so) and Dimthar has to agrea to come.

I vote for Xmax on the 23rd.

Dimthar
06-04-2009, 09:34 PM
I would also like to see where Dimthar is going with his Cthulhu game. It was off to a good start. Terrible storm coming. Trapped travelers. The last sanctuary is a big scary mansion. So, what happens next?

Speaking about languages ... hehehe, I remember asking if you Guys have seen "El Padrino" movie ... I meant "The Godfather"

I am pretty sure you have seen it ...... right? :confused:

Genesplicer
06-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Bit's and peices of it. So, does this meen you'll do some Cthulhu for us? Pleaseeeeee!!!!!:pray:

GoddessGood
06-06-2009, 11:12 AM
Ditto to Genesplicer ;) I have seen the Godfather, but I need to rewatch the Godfather II.

Dimthar
06-07-2009, 06:46 PM
June 23rd is good for me ..

Genesplicer
06-08-2009, 04:16 PM
So, we have 2 for the 23rd. Any one else? Still at Xmax?

ronpyatt
06-08-2009, 05:37 PM
If actual gaming is involved, Xmax is one of the more ideal places for it and has worked very well thus far.
Since we are well into June, I think we're good with June 23, 2009.
Get there sometime after 6:00 pm.

I recall there was delayed eating last time. So we should be prepared. Bring dinner/snack, maybe get something from that Wings place, or there are other little spots around to grab a bite or even call in an order to be delivered. Also, there are some interesting drinks you can purchase at Xmax.

You are expected to be late. So, don't disappoint. However, if you get there after we adjourn, ah, well, maybe next time? If you arrive too early, you will be expected to levitate until the appropriate start time. In the event of an actual levitation, you may use Xmax as an anti-flotation device (with permission, of course.)

Did miss anything?

GoddessGood
06-08-2009, 11:12 PM
Sounds good :) Count me in!

Genesplicer
06-09-2009, 04:32 AM
Excelent. Suggest going ahead and putting it on the callender so people can see it and we can start RSVPing.

ronpyatt
06-09-2009, 10:10 PM
If I've done it right, this Event has been posted. http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=3501&day=2009-6-23&c=9

Baron_Samedi
06-11-2009, 08:41 PM
Hate to ask, being new to the event...what kind of shenanagans can one expect to find at this shindig?

Genesplicer
06-13-2009, 01:34 AM
Well, Dimthar will be running some Cthulhu for us, we'll sit and talk about rollplaying, will enjoy the wonders of Xmax games (high end gaming computers $3.50 an hour if you want to go electronic, or even the battle pods $5.00 a mission I beleve). Xmax doesn't mind if your bring your own meals, although they offers a variety of soft drinks, energy drinks, and snack food, and they prefer if you by that kind of stuff there. If there are any other shenanagans you can suggest that a group of gamers would like, you can probably get us to go along with them.

Baron_Samedi
06-13-2009, 06:32 AM
Well, Dimthar will be running some Cthulhu for us, we'll sit and talk about rollplaying, will enjoy the wonders of Xmax games (high end gaming computers $3.50 an hour if you want to go electronic, or even the battle pods $5.00 a mission I beleve). Xmax doesn't mind if your bring your own meals, although they offers a variety of soft drinks, energy drinks, and snack food, and they prefer if you by that kind of stuff there. If there are any other shenanagans you can suggest that a group of gamers would like, you can probably get us to go along with them.

Sound like some of my old haunts...i'll be sure to make it down there...i'm assuming its an open invite?

ronpyatt
06-13-2009, 10:19 AM
Yep. Open invite to those that can read this, and/or bring followers, leaders, and fodder.

Baron_Samedi
06-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Mmmm...fodder...so noted...thanks.

GoddessGood
06-13-2009, 05:46 PM
Btw fellas, it's Andy's birthday today. Be sure to stop in an say hi if'n ya can. I can't leave the house, I have to keep an eye on my cat, he's recovering from a very rough week.

Genesplicer
06-15-2009, 12:54 AM
Yea, I checked your twitter link when you disapeared for a few days. I hope the poor fella is alright. I saw Andy on Friday, and I leaked our invasion plans to him, so he'll be expecting us. He said he was going to mark it on the Xmax games website.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Yep, there it is: http://www.meetup.com/Xmax-games-Roleplayers-Meetup-Group/calendar/
Oooo!!! One shot Exalted this Friday. I see you're already involved Goddess. Running or playing?

GoddessGood
06-15-2009, 08:07 PM
Running, actually. Need 4 players and Andy's already offered if nobody else shows. I can run with at least two if people are willing to double up. Game starts at noon and should be done by 8 (I hope ;) )

Genesplicer
06-15-2009, 09:33 PM
See ya there, but Andy will be doing his Soul of the Underdark at 6 (in which I'm playing), so we'll be deserting you then.

GoddessGood
06-26-2009, 05:43 PM
Rawr, sorry I didn't make it. The other shoe dropped after my class and I just forgot. :S I am still fully intending to come to the movie tomorrow. And I'll be bringing the beau, too :D