PDA

View Full Version : D&D 4 beginners in San Mateo

elenius
05-25-2009, 11:51 AM
I will be DMing. I'm 31 and I've played and GM'd/DM'd a lot of different games including the old D&D editions. New to 4th and want to try it. Only two players (beginners) so far and I'm thinking 2 more. Any level of experience is ok. The idea is to start at the beginning with Keep on the Shadowfell. If it works out and we're having fun, we can just keep going with more adventures in that series. Gaming style will probably be easy and fun hack and slash, this is D&D after all. Beer drinking during the game will not be discouraged http://forums.gleemax.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

I live close to caltrain in San Mateo so it's easy to get here. I will be hosting and game will be every other week or so.

http://forums.gleemax.com/images/misc/community/progress.gif

elenius
05-26-2009, 11:38 AM
Looks like we're full for now! Great site, this. I'll post here again if we need more players.

elenius
06-12-2009, 09:48 AM
We need one more player again!

We have only had one session, starting out with KotS.

trueamerican
07-04-2009, 05:21 AM
I am not new to D&D but I haven't played in about 6 years. I am looking to join a group. I am 23 years old almost 24. I don't have dice or anything yet. Do you play where we create our own characters or where it is completly random what kind of character you will have?

Jake Z
08-05-2009, 11:50 AM
Hey, wanted to see if you're still looking for players. I'm 32 and in San Mateo myself. I have a little experience with 4E.
I'm mostly available Saturdays, wanted to see what days you're playing and what you're looking for. Thanks,

-Jake

planetchain
08-09-2009, 10:26 AM
Hi Elenius,
I hope you and the group are having fun playing KOTS. In the future, if you need a few more players, please feel free to contact me. I played a demo of KOTS, at a 4th edition release party, and enjoyed myself. In fact, I own a 4th edition phb and some dice.

I'm 39, mature, hygienic, and outgoing. I've played the 3.0 and 3.5 editions of DnD. I prefer a high magic game that includes 50% combat and 50% roleplaying. I'll look for any future posts you may make. Have a great day. Huzzah!

elenius
09-01-2009, 08:49 PM
We need one more player. We are about to start Thunderspire Mountain. PM me or post here if you are interested.

elenius
09-07-2009, 12:26 PM
Bump, still need one more player. Next game is on Sun 9/13. PM me if interested.

Faro
11-28-2009, 02:41 AM
I just found out about d&D 4th after about 23 years of being out of circulation. Would you be able to fit in a total newb? I've been reading some of the books at the local Borders and am interested a lot! You'd have to be patient with me though.
About me, 36 yo, guy, straight, sane, likes to make jokes but want a serious game. No bad habits I can't abstain from during the gaming session.