PDA

View Full Version : Worst Movie Ever Made???

Panthro82
05-22-2009, 09:44 PM
Alright most of my lists are best ever, but I decided to twist it and ask people what is the worst movie you have ever seen? Why?

I can narrow it down, but the ones I am thinking about are,
1)Operation Dumbo Drop-I made it through about half an hour before I was nearly puking with disgust!
2)Kangeroo Jack-Seriously? I watched like 25 minutes and almost died from it. Tremendously aweful movie.
3)Alone In The Dark-This movie stars Tara Reid and Christian Slater. Tara Reid is gorgeous but not even her looks could save this tragic mess. Great concept, but absolutely aweful execution/acting/everything. There is actually a scene towards the end when a dead body gets up in the background of a shot!!!!! There is nothing in the script about living dead! They just ran the shot too long and didnt have the budget to cut it out!!! Absolutely horrible!!!
4)Flightplan-Rarely is a movie so tremendously bad that it makes me angry. I was angry for almost a month after watching this one. PLOT HOLES EVERYWHERE!!!! Massive gaping plot holes. It is almost as if the writers suffer from short term amnesia, and they forgot what they wrote in the scene before and this continues to happen throughout the entire movie! I figured Jodie Foster is in it so it couldn't be that bad cause shes a good actress. Wow, was I horribly wrong. Everytime I think back to this movie it works me up lol.

Sascha
05-22-2009, 11:46 PM
Worst movie ever? So many categories to fail, I'm not sure it's possible for a single film to achieve that kind of suckitude. I'll limit myself to only tortures I, personally, inflicted on myself, and not to things of which I only hear rumors.

Peter Jackson's King Kong (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0360717/), while not the worst movie ever, managed to both annoy and bore me ... and it's title character is a giant ape! Seriously, how did this one get messed up? Between the pacing and the lame primates chattering around the screen, it's a wonder I saw the ending at all. "Kong" was his childhood sled, right? :P
Score: 4, maybe 5/10; decent special effects, but wasted on this weak telling of a decent love story. Cut almost all of the humans out, and we'll talk again ;)

Overdrawn at the Memory Bank (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089759/) is in the right direction. Think Holodeck Malfunction: the Movie~!, starring (shaming?) Raul Julia. It's really only watchable, as the MST3k folks proved, with snarky robots. Even Time Chasers was more watchable as a stand-alone film.
Score: 1 or 2/10, depending on the jokes made; mocking makes the film better, which obviously goes against the "affront to your very soul" that the Worst Movie Evar requires for the title.

Fortunately, the Worst (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102034/) Movie (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110027/) Evar (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0144964/) doesn't actually exist (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0299981/). I mean, sequels to Highlander? That's the craziest idea I've ever heard~! So breathe large lungfuls of relief that we're all spared the horror of incredibly bad sequels. It was all a dream, all a dream.

PhishStyx
05-22-2009, 11:51 PM
Uhm, I don't know? Ultraviolet is the worst one I can remember. Most movies that I dislike are ones that I'm not going to waste time thinking about.

Ultraviolet is memorable because it was the first time I'd ever gone to 2 movies in the theater in the same evening. The other was the 2nd Underworld movie, and I shocked my friend Brian (who is also my LCSG*) by telling him Underworld was the better movie of the two.

(* LCSG = Local Comic Shop Guy)

BrotherDog
05-23-2009, 06:22 AM
I would have to say that worst waste of 2 hours I'll never get back is "Dazed and Confused"

MortonStromgal
05-23-2009, 11:37 AM
Fortunately, the Worst (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102034/) Movie (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110027/) Evar (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0144964/) doesn't actually exist (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0299981/). I mean, sequels to Highlander? That's the craziest idea I've ever heard~! So breathe large lungfuls of relief that we're all spared the horror of incredibly bad sequels. It was all a dream, all a dream.

There should have been only one!

I would say Event Horizon for me, now there are worse movies but I couldn't even go mystery science theater 3000 on that one...

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-23-2009, 12:01 PM
Blade Master was the worst evaar!

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/blade_master/

Mindbomb
05-23-2009, 12:28 PM
All the Pretty Horses. I kept telling myself that SOMETING interesting had to happen for this to make it to theatres, but no, not one interesting plot point or even a half-assed action scene...

1958Fury
05-23-2009, 03:21 PM
Alien 3
Batman & Robin
Cool World

Panthro82
05-23-2009, 05:24 PM
yea Batman & Robin was horrible! I must have blocked that one out :)

tesral
05-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Attor the Fighting Eagle.

How can I describe the fail?

Acting: Acting would have been nice. I don't know what they were doing, but it wasn't acting.

Dialog: Acting would have been more likely if they were not making it up ad lib. I hope they were making it up. I don't think anyone would have claimed to have written that script.

Plot: Written by a 14 year old DM for his game, and stolen by the producer.

Cinematography: High school film classes do better, seriously.

Special Effects: They were "special" all right. As in...no that is unkind to people with disabilities. Let us just say that no other film was allowed to suck in the FX that year, Attor used it ALL!

So, we have a film that simply fails in every possible category.

Rook
05-24-2009, 04:21 PM
This is a tough one; so many to choose from...
Ok. Here are the criteria I'm going to use:

1. Had to a be a movie I was expecting to be good.
2. Cannot have the "so bad it's good"/unintentionally funny aspect (some of the movies listed already in this thread fall into this category- Blademaster and Ator the Fighting Eagle).
3. Left me angry or depressed after it was over.

I guess HIGHLANDER II has be close to the top of the list for me. I'm a huge fan of the original movie and this sequel almost ruined it for me. I like to pretend it doesn't exist. The only thing keeping this from the top of the list is that I went into with more trepidation than hope.

CYBORG would be another. I was a big Van Damme fan back in the day and was coming off a BLOODSPORT/KICKBOXER high (not great cinema, but fun movies), saw the previews for this one and thought "awesome".
Ugh. Choppy editing, repetitious, and wooden performances made it not even laughable. Didn't really meet criterion #3, though, so not quite the top of the list.

HOSTEL was worthless and left me feeling dirty after I watched it, but I knew it would be going in.

Uhhh...I guess I'll have to give this some more thought.

Panthro82
05-24-2009, 04:33 PM
I guess that shows how different people have different tastes because honestly Morton, Event Horizon is one of my all-time fav's! I mark out for that movie so much! Besides Event Horizon and Dazed & Confused(some classic 1 liners in this movie!) I agree with pretty much every movie on this list so far. All very terrible movies indeed!

1958Fury
05-24-2009, 05:00 PM
I guess that shows how different people have different tastes because honestly Morton, Event Horizon is one of my all-time fav's!

Heh, someone should start a thread about "movies you love, but everyone else hates." I've got tons that could go on that list. :lol:

Dytrrnikl
05-28-2009, 08:44 AM
For me it's a toss up between 3 movies...

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. I even tried to watch this drunk off my ass and still though it was the one of the biggest loads of crap ever made. I stand by my original assessment, anyone who thought this movie was funny should have their head examined.

Queen of the Damned. How in the hell did they go from a decent adaptation like Interview to that horrible slack-jaw inducing mistake.

Pineapple Express. To the parents of the people responsible for this one - you should've used contraceptives.

Now, if you were to include TV series with this...Legend of the Seeker.

Moritz
05-28-2009, 09:26 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058548/

santa claus vs the martians

1958Fury
05-28-2009, 09:48 AM

...but the MST3K version is definitely worth watching. :D

Deadone
05-28-2009, 10:01 AM
To me it has to be the new punisher movie my god I had a root canal that was less painful then 20 minutes I watched this. Went and demanded a full refund and got it too.

tesral
05-28-2009, 12:14 PM

I can smell the fail from here.

To me it has to be the new punisher movie my god I had a root canal that was less painful then 20 minutes I watched this. Went and demanded a full refund and got it too.

Speaking of that can we forget The Hunk? (No, it's burned into my brain.)

Rook
05-28-2009, 12:20 PM
I think I may have figured out the movie that meets all three of the criteria I set; PAY IT FORWARD. Souded like a great concept and was a good movie for the most part but the ending destroyed the movie for me and left me with an unpleasant feeling afterwords...

Baldwin Stonewood
05-30-2009, 09:14 AM
I'm not sure if it is the worst fantasy theme movie ever but "In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale", currently on cable, didn't win any artistic awards.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-30-2009, 10:31 AM
I was disappointed with this one, as with all dnd type movies, LOTR being really the only exception.

Rook
05-30-2009, 11:53 AM
Meant to start a new thread. Oops.

tesral
05-30-2009, 12:07 PM
I was disappointed with this one, as with all dnd type movies, LOTR being really the only exception.

I believe the problem is that fantasy is treated as the red-headed step child. "Oh, it's only fantasy". So the film makers do not respect the story or the characters. End result? Neither does the audience. You must take the subject seriously for the audience to buy into your story. Even if the tale is about an utter buffoon. Indeed comedy is the most serious of the arts.

My simple rule is always take the subject seriously, but never take yourself seriously.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-30-2009, 12:15 PM
Meant to start a new thread. Oops.
Well get that thread started, Rook. I have some movies to add.

Panthro82
05-30-2009, 03:26 PM
I would like to see a fantasy film that fed the dorks and still appealed to the general audience as well. I could go for an epic D&D type film. I think the genre just needs a couple break out movies like the comic book scene got.

Rook
05-30-2009, 05:15 PM
I'm not sure if it is the worst fantasy theme movie ever but "In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale", currently on cable, didn't win any artistic awards.
When I first heard about this one, I was pretty stoked; a modern sword and sorcery flick starring Jason Statham, upon whom I have a serious man-crush. After seeing the previews, I've avoided it because it looks so bad. I'll guess I'll check it out eventually, but my hopes aren't particularly high.

tesral
05-31-2009, 11:18 AM
I would like to see a fantasy film that fed the dorks and still appealed to the general audience as well. I could go for an epic D&D type film. I think the genre just needs a couple break out movies like the comic book scene got.

When they take the world they are creating seriously. Tell a good story with compelling characters you will get your wish.

Why did LotR rock? It was approached with genuine love by those that made it. That comes out of the images on the screen.

When a film is made in the fashion of the 2 cent a word hack pounding out the next pot boiler, you can tell and the result is a bad film.

Panthro82
05-31-2009, 01:39 PM
agreed Tesral. Its got to have the budget and the time. A good, quality D&D flick.

PhishStyx
05-31-2009, 01:54 PM
I can smell the fail from here.

This line made me giggle like a little girl for about a full minute (and this while listening to Coldplay's Cemeteries of London!).

tesral
05-31-2009, 08:59 PM
agreed Tesral. Its got to have the budget and the time. A good, quality D&D flick.

Budget and time are not enough. They are helpful, but you need love and respect for the subject.

Lat you can't tell a D&D flick. You need to tell the story that you have without the consideration of "This is for D&D players". First tell your story to please yourself. I am of the opinion that if what I write does not work for me, it will not work for anyone.

Malruhn
05-31-2009, 09:13 PM
Godzilla - the Matthew Broderick mess from a couple years ago. I didn't care about any of the characters - not even 'Zilla - and that equates to an epic film fail in my book. Give me someone to hate and someone to love and you'll have a good movie - this failed at both.

Firefox - I went because it had Clint Eastwood in it, and I have a serious man-crush. The plot was easy - go steal this plane from the Soviets, but watch out for all of these potential plot complications - and he did - while stepping boldly into every one of those foretold plot complications. This movie broke the laws of physics by both sucking and blowing in one fell swoop!!

I'll also put in a second (third?) for Attor. Thanks for screwing up my evening, Tesral, by bringing up that tripe. Jerk. I had deleted it from my memory banks, and you just HAD to remind me...

Baron_Samedi
05-31-2009, 09:22 PM
Try "Zardoz", it had Sean Connery in a red speedo, a bushy moustache and ponytale, wearing bandoliers and boots, running around in a future dystopia where a floating head drops guns out of its mouth, and he apparently gets his jollies from women getting smacked in the face. Oh yeah, the title comes from the worn off letters of a book that is the basis of morals of society called 'The Wizard of Oz'...yeah...:confused:

tesral
05-31-2009, 09:27 PM
I'll also put in a second (third?) for Attor. Thanks for screwing up my evening, Tesral, by bringing up that tripe. Jerk. I had deleted it from my memory banks, and you just HAD to remind me...

Misery loves company. snerk.

BrotherDog
06-01-2009, 02:10 AM
This movie broke the laws of physics by both sucking and blowing in one fell swoop!!

That's quite possible. I live such aplace where that frequently happens, Wyoming. Utah blows + Nebraska sucks = Wind tunnel

Oldgamer
06-01-2009, 07:44 AM
And why hasn't Mazes and Monsters been mentioned? OMG ...

GoddessGood
06-01-2009, 08:20 AM
I would say Event Horizon for me, now there are worse movies but I couldn't even go mystery science theater 3000 on that one...
I actually am with Panthro on this, I loved that movie.

All the Pretty Horses. I kept telling myself that SOMETING interesting had to happen for this to make it to theatres, but no, not one interesting plot point or even a half-assed action scene...
Have you read the book? If it's the one by Cormac McCarthy, then read it and you will understand.

Queen of the Damned. How in the hell did they go from a decent adaptation like Interview to that horrible slack-jaw inducing mistake.
It's called Hollywood. They f everything up.

Pineapple Express. To the parents of the people responsible for this one - you should've used contraceptives.
It's a pothead movie, and if you didn't know that when you purchased the ticket, then I have no sympathy for you. :)

I think I may have figured out the movie that meets all three of the criteria I set; PAY IT FORWARD. Souded like a great concept and was a good movie for the most part but the ending destroyed the movie for me and left me with an unpleasant feeling afterwords...
Oh good lord, I saw this as a kid. My mom took me to it because we thought it'd be a feel-good, good-message-for-the-kids type of movie. Then again, she also took my younger brother (18 at the time) to see Knocked Up. I don't think he'll be having sex ... evar. And I think that was her goal ...

Try going to see that one not knowing it was an Uwe Boll flick. It wasn't on the advertisements anywhere. Went with a bunch of friends and sat ripping it apart the whole way through. "He's the king now? Why don't they give the king any ARMOR?!", "WTF? Lesbian tree-elves?" and so on. When the credits came up, the first thing you see is "An Uwe Boll film," and half the theater goes "Oh." like, "Oh that's why it sucked."

I'm having a hard time coming up with a movie that I really hated. I probably just blocked them all out :)

tesral
06-01-2009, 10:37 AM
Yor, Hunter of the Future -- A post apocalyptic...thing that wanted to be Conan, but wasn't. We called it Yor the Bore.

Dick Tracy -- I walked out of this film it was so bad. As comic adaptations go it stands right next to Hulk on how not to do it.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-01-2009, 10:41 AM
Has anyone mentioned BeastMaster? Ugh!

Panthro82
06-01-2009, 05:40 PM
was Beastmaster the movie that had that half naked guy walking around with two ferrets for pets? If I am thinking of the right thing then yea...that was horrible

RoryN
06-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Oh come on now, y'all ain't even trying! Get off those mainstream stinkers and look for those "D" movie thrillers.

These are so bad, I don't even know if they have info over at IMDb (and I'm afraid to look).

Mardi Gras Massacre (as Beavis & Butthead would say: "These effects aren't very special"

Dave's Party (only redeeming thing is the idea to carry your beer stein on a chain around your neck)

Toga Party (so bad, I don't even remember anything but the title)

There was one other we rented that was so bad, we turned it off like 15 minutes into it or so. Some scene with a priest expelling his organs out his mouth because some devilspawn or another drove by did my friends in on that one.

Harwel
06-01-2009, 06:25 PM
Oh come on now, y'all ain't even trying! Get off those mainstream stinkers and look for those "D" movie thrillers.

Well in that case... I submit "The Driller Killer" for your approval.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079082/

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-01-2009, 07:55 PM
--- Merged from Double Post ---

was Beastmaster the movie that had that half naked guy walking around with two ferrets for pets? If I am thinking of the right thing then yea...that was horrible
Yes it was. Painful memories.

Kaewin
06-02-2009, 05:42 AM
I see no one has mentioned that steaming pile called Dungeons and Dragons. After that movie I wanted to run headfirst into a wall five or six times. One of the guys that went with mne said he was going to laugh but he was afraid of what I might do.

At least the sequal was better.

The Spongebob movie was pretty bad (my kids love it). Any Nick movie could be taken that way (unfortunately I have seen a couple)

Any one after Highlander, there could be only one. And of all of them the one with Adrian Paul was the worst. I thought Conner won.

Attack of the Clones, after I saw the name I should have known.

Almost any Next Gen Trek Movie

Space Pirates with Molly Ringwald

Any of the Superman movies fit the bill along with the third and fourth Bat film.
HAs anyone Seen Captain America, FF or Punisher from the late eightes? If not you can count yourselves lucky.

tesral
06-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Attack of the Clones, after I saw the name I should have known..

I call it Attack of the Clowns. Natale Portman in the sprayed on what ever it was is the only redeeming part of the film, if you are male of course.

My reaction to the name? "George, 3 million words in the English language and that is the best you co do?"

Tamburlain
06-02-2009, 09:54 AM

Haha! I'm ashamed to admit that I liked BeastMaster. That was the one with the ferrets, right? I have a soft spot fer teh ferretz.

Rochin
06-02-2009, 09:58 AM
Ok, while you guys have done a fine job listing movies that were bad, though I disagree with a few. You have missed the whole intent on the worst movie that has currently been released. The worst movie so far on DVD is "From Justin to Kelly." Here is why,

1. I watched it with my wife, we turned it off a little over half way through.
2. I only remember this movie because even my wife says its the worst movie ever, and she likes some stuff that you have to be married to watch with a person.(Else you would have no other reason not to leave.)
3. The moive plan is awful, no plot, the acting from everyone is worse than my sons kindergarten graduation.
4. We have not thrown it away yet, for fear the trash company would site us for dumping toxic waste.

So there is my pick for worst movie currently released. Normally I like most movies I watch, and most of what was mentioned here would not make my top 10 bad movie list. Now I have to go throw up for even thinking about that movie again.....ugh.
--- Merged from Double Post ---

Haha! I'm ashamed to admit that I liked BeastMaster. That was the one with the ferrets, right? I have a soft spot fer teh ferretz.

I really loved that movie. Have not watched it since becoming an adult, but it is a classic. We even made a DND adventure about it! lol Man I miss the good ol days.

Rook
06-02-2009, 10:14 AM

Loved this movie as a kid. I guess I was starved for anything sword and sorcery, but I still think it was a fun movie.

[quote=GoddessGood;81078] "WTF? Lesbian tree-elves?"

IN THE NAME OF THE KING has lesbian tree-elves? I'm putting it on my Netflix list NOW.

Oldgamer
06-02-2009, 12:14 PM

I wasn't even going there, they are D listers for a reason.

I Spit on your Grave (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077713/) was pretty bad.
The Last House on the Left (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068833/) was really bad, and it has been remade for some reason.

Rochin
06-02-2009, 11:22 PM
Loved this movie as a kid. I guess I was starved for anything sword and sorcery, but I still think it was a fun movie.

[quote=GoddessGood;81078] "WTF? Lesbian tree-elves?"

IN THE NAME OF THE KING has lesbian tree-elves? I'm putting it on my Netflix list NOW.

LOL that is the best quoted quote response ever! Made my sides hurt.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-02-2009, 11:39 PM
Just watched Drag Me To Hell, today. What a crapfest! Bring earplugs for they try to scare you with incredibly loud noises--painfully annoying, as well as try to gross out the audience--repeatedly. Trust me when i say, don't bring in any food or drinks, because if you do, you will project it all over the one sitting next to you. :eek: Needless to say, not a date flick.

tesral
06-03-2009, 12:44 AM
Just watched Drag Me To Hell, today. What a crapfest! Bring earplugs for they try to scare you with incredibly loud noises--painfully annoying, as well as try to gross out the audience--repeatedly. Trust me when i say, don't bring in any food or drinks, because if you do, you will project it all over the one sitting next to you. :eek: Needless to say, not a date flick.

Well if you're trying to break up....

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-03-2009, 02:54 AM
Well if you're trying to break up....
In this case, success would be guaranteed.

BrotherDog
06-03-2009, 03:49 AM
I guess this means somebodie's got to smack Sam Raimi, and say, "Bad! No! Bad Sam!, now go into the corner until you make Spiderman4!"

GoddessGood
06-03-2009, 08:04 AM
Dude, did you not catch the teasers where they said, "From the maker of Evil Dead"? Have you not seen the Evil Dead movies? Sam Raimi made the first one as a class project in college with his buddies. It won an award for most pointless blood in a movie, ever. The fake blood supplier they used ran out of red blood before the movie was over, so if you watch they start to use pink, blue and white blood. At one point, they have fake blood spraying out of a firehose. C'mon, do your research ;). Did it have Bruce Campbell in it, tho? I may go see it just for that.

Dytrrnikl
06-03-2009, 09:30 AM
It's a pothead movie, and if you didn't know that when you purchased the ticket, then I have no sympathy for you. :)

Fortunately I didn't waste the $20 bucks to see it in the Theater...I only lost $5 by renting in PPV for my wife and I. We both thought Zach and Miri Make A Porno was a funny flick and thought another Seth Rogan film would've been entertaining. That movie is proof that recreational drugs are the handmaiden of the root of all evil.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-03-2009, 09:35 AM
Dude, did you not catch the teasers where they said, "From the maker of Evil Dead"? Have you not seen the Evil Dead movies? Sam Raimi made the first one as a class project in college with his buddies. It won an award for most pointless blood in a movie, ever. The fake blood supplier they used ran out of red blood before the movie was over, so if you watch they start to use pink, blue and white blood. At one point, they have fake blood spraying out of a firehose. C'mon, do your research ;). Did it have Bruce Campbell in it, tho? I may go see it just for that.
Sure did. Loved Evil Dead. Problem is, comparing this movie to Evil Dead is an insult to Evil Dead.

1958Fury
06-03-2009, 09:43 AM
Sure did. Loved Evil Dead. Problem is, comparing this movie to Evil Dead is an insult to Evil Dead.

I haven't seen it yet, so I can't argue the quality. But I should mention that GoddessGood is not the first to see the similarities. My brother just sent me a glowing review, calling it, "Awesome. Like Raimi re-made Evil Dead 2 with a bigger budget." Entertainment Weekly (admittedly not the best source of opinions) gives it an "A", concluding the review by saying, "Going back to his roots, Raimi has made the most crazy, fun, and terrifying horror movie in years."

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-03-2009, 09:52 AM
No doubt some folks will love the movie, no question. I just wouldn't put it in the same basket as Evil Dead. Again, bring the earplugs. Movies that try to scare you with incredibly loud noises can anger many, as was the ongoing complaint from the people i know that went to see it with their teens(teens agreed, btw). As far as the grossout factor, 1-5 stars, 5 stars being best, this movie earned 5 stars. So, like i said, go into the movie empty. he he

Moritz
06-03-2009, 09:53 AM
Low Rider Evil

Oldgamer
06-03-2009, 11:31 AM
I see no one has mentioned that steaming pile called Dungeons and Dragons. After that movie I wanted to run headfirst into a wall five or six times. One of the guys that went with mne said he was going to laugh but he was afraid of what I might do.

If you have seen the sequel to this, you will applaud the first :) Number 2 (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0406728/) is horrid.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-03-2009, 01:05 PM
If you have seen the sequel to this, you will applaud the first :) Number 2 (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0406728/) is horrid.
Sadly, both were steaming piles. Hopefully, one day there will be a great dnd movie made.

Oldgamer
06-03-2009, 01:20 PM
:amen: