PDA

View Full Version : Camarilla

cigamnogard
05-22-2009, 05:52 PM
Well, I have made another character for the new Camarilla game. The game is played once a month as large game and every couple of weeks with side scenes.
This is my second "campagn" of the LARP universe. However, I have a tonne of experience writing/directing Murder Mysteries so I have quite a bit of experience with a "dark genre".
Now, on to my question. I am thinking that as my character is a despised salubri 'posing' as a tremare that the tremare will be "light in the loafers" and the salubri will be uninterested in any such pursuits. This should pose a major deflection to anyone wondering if the character is a salubri...
Any thoughts?

MortonStromgal
05-22-2009, 06:07 PM
Read some oWOD metaplot about Saluot (sp?) its a great concept but makes me chuckle.

cigamnogard
05-22-2009, 06:25 PM
How so?
--- Merged from Double Post ---
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salubri

MortonStromgal
05-23-2009, 11:32 AM
Well I don't know all the book & page numbers but basically Salout traded bodies with Tremere right before he died and thus why he blood bonds his childe now. So they can't betray him again. The other interesting note is because of Tremere experimentation with the Tzimiche Salout and all his tremere children are now bound by the Tzimiche cuse so when the Elder calls all his children to the sewers of New York to feast on them they all feel the call to go, including Salout. If you do some google searching you should be able to find all the books, page numbers, etc.

TheRageOfGaia
05-24-2009, 09:19 PM
Yeah, there's a HUGE metaplot involving Tremere (the person, not the clan), Saulot (the Salubri progenitor), Goratrix (Tremere's apprentice) and Tzimisce (the person, not the clan). It's in the Gehenna book.

Basically, in order to start the Tremere, Tremere diablerized Saulot, who is/was the last great hope for vampire kind redeeming themselves in the eyes of God. But, Saulot, being a 3rd Generation vampire and all-around BMF overpowers Tremere's spirit and takes control of the wizard's body.

As a last ditch effort, Tremere's "soul" jumps into the body of his apprentice, Goratrix, and pushes Goratrix's soul into a mirror. So now we have Saulot/Tremere, Tremere/Goratrix, and a magical mirror.

Saulot/Tremere or Tremere/Goratrix then proceeds to diablerize the majority of Clan Tremere in an effort to regain it's lost strength. After this Antediluvian(s) help to kill off the Baali, or help Lilith kill Caine. Depending on the scenario.

To make things even more convoluted, because Tremere used Tzimisce blood to become a vampire, all Tremere carry a "seed" of Tzimisce himself. Since his previous body (The Cathedral of Flesh; see Cb: Tzimisce) is mindless, Tzimisce uses Saulot/Tremere OR Tremre/Goratrix depending on how you run things as a vessel for it's rebirth.

It's up to the Storyteller whether or not Tzimisce actually achieves this, but for me, I like to have Saulot resist Tzimisce, or have Tzimisce take over Tremere/Goratrix, because in 4 out of the 5 Gehenna scenarios in the book, Saulot is the main way for the players to "win."

cigamnogard
05-25-2009, 04:41 PM
Interesting, I have come accross some of this story as well. Only time will tell what the storyteller(s) have in mind for my character.
Any suggestions for me?

TheRageOfGaia
05-26-2009, 01:36 AM
I'm not sure I understand the question.

You're playing a Salubri who is posing as a Tremere. And as a cover identity, you're going to be effeminate, in order to throw people off the scent, presumably, by playing on the homophobia of the rest of the group?

I see that backfiring. Once the players get over the initial "shock" they'll interrogate you.

There are a few other things you can do to secure a secret, however.

1.) Kill with a borrowed knife - Attach yourself to someone powerful, who can protect you, and give them a reason to do so. But don't be blatant, or they'll get suspicious. Favors and assistance are the best way to do this. Blackmail can work, but the other character may decide it's more "cost effective" to betray you and suffer the penalty.

2.) Hide a knife behind a smile - Be everyone's friend. Don't act like you're hiding any big secret. Once they trust you, you can dispose of them more easily, if they should ever learn the truth.

3.) Feign ignorance while providing knowledge - Tremere are "smart" characters. Pick a knowledge (I recommend Academics, Investigation, Law, Medicine, Occult, or Science) and raise it to a 4. Specialize in something commonly useful, such as surgery for medicine, or crime scenes for investigation. Now build the rest of your knowledges around that 4. This way you will bring useful knowledge to the other vampires, and they'll like and need you. At the same time, your Salubri isn't going to know what most Tremere should know. So rather than waste freebies on trying to become that character, play stupid. Maybe your Sire was killed, maybe your Sire didn't care enough about you, etc. This way you'll also be able to use one of the best secret keeping techniques which is...

4.) Feign madness while maintaining balance - Hide behind the mask of a fool, a drunk, or a madman to create confusion about your intentions and motivations. Lure your opponent into underestimating your ability until, overconfident, he drops his guard. Then you may attack.

cigamnogard
05-26-2009, 06:21 PM
I'm not sure I understand the question.

No, you nailed it!

You're playing a Salubri who is posing as a Tremere. And as a cover identity, you're going to be effeminate, in order to throw people off the scent, presumably, by playing on the homophobia of the rest of the group? I see that backfiring. Once the players get over the initial "shock" they'll interrogate you.
Possibly, it might backfire However, I have dealt with many an interrogation as I used to write/perform/act in murder mysteries.

1.) Kill with a borrowed knife - Attach yourself to someone powerful, who can protect you, and give them a reason to do so. But don't be blatant, or they'll get suspicious. Favors and assistance are the best way to do this. Blackmail can work, but the other character may decide it's more "cost effective" to betray you and suffer the penalty.
Excellent idea - already done, or the plan is in the works with hanging out with the Trem Prim & the city's Skourge.

2.) Hide a knife behind a smile - Be everyone's friend. Don't act like you're hiding any big secret. Once they trust you, you can dispose of them more easily, if they should ever learn the truth.

Again, perfect - I was thinking my friendly "magnetic" social skills would be an asset!

3.) Feign ignorance while providing knowledge - Tremere are "smart" characters. Pick a knowledge (I recommend Academics, Investigation, Law, Medicine, Occult, or Science) and raise it to a 4. Specialize in something commonly useful, such as surgery for medicine, or crime scenes for investigation. Now build the rest of your knowledges around that 4. This way you will bring useful knowledge to the other vampires, and they'll like and need you. At the same time, your Salubri isn't going to know what most Tremere should know.
Ah, but I have put "dots" in Trem so as far as I know I think I "know" as much as the trem prem!

4.) Feign madness while maintaining balance - Hide behind the mask of a fool, a drunk, or a madman to create confusion about your intentions and motivations. Lure your opponent into underestimating your ability until, overconfident, he drops his guard. Then you may attack.

Then I would have went in as a Malk instead of the Trem :). However, all great ideas! My thanks! There is a side scene tonght but I think I am going to be stuck finishing my daughters grade IX castle as it is due tomorrow :(.

TheRageOfGaia
05-26-2009, 06:41 PM
That all sounds pretty good. Those are all tools that my current Ventrue has used. He was a gangbanger who got Embraced to bring his gang ties under the influence of his Sire, who was the Prince.

Three months later, Javier is running his neighborhood, used his Sire's contacts to start a successful animal (and people) smuggling ring with folks in Central America, has what amounts to a small army of ghouls, and betrayed said Sire, putting an easily manipulated Gangrel on the throne. He also lives in a massive 8 bedroom home on the lakeshore thanks to his Sire's money.

cigamnogard
05-26-2009, 07:33 PM
That all sounds pretty good. Those are all tools that my current Ventrue has used. He was a gangbanger who got Embraced to bring his gang ties under the influence of his Sire, who was the Prince.

Three months later, Javier is running his neighborhood, used his Sire's contacts to start a successful animal (and people) smuggling ring with folks in Central America, has what amounts to a small army of ghouls, and betrayed said Sire, putting an easily manipulated Gangrel on the throne. He also lives in a massive 8 bedroom home on the lakeshore thanks to his Sire's money.

Nice, but the prince kind of sounds wimpy...

TheRageOfGaia
05-27-2009, 02:34 PM
The old prince is actually, a ridiculous character, with hundreds upon hundreds of experience points. I recently left the game after an argument with the ST (i.e. yesterday, lol), but I was one of the only neonates in a game full of ancillae and elders. But since Javier was the child of the ridiculously powerful Prince no one wanted to mess with him, then as Javier made friends with the Primogen council, and the Gangrel on the throne, Javier was able to betray the ridiculously powerful Ventrue elder without penalty, because he became Seneschal, and you can't attack the Primogen, the Prince, and the Seneschal, without getting labeled a traitor to the Camarilla, and most likely, hunted down.

cigamnogard
05-27-2009, 06:23 PM
The old prince is actually, a ridiculous character, with hundreds upon hundreds of experience points. I recently left the game after an argument with the ST (i.e. yesterday, lol), but I was one of the only neonates in a game full of ancillae and elders. But since Javier was the child of the ridiculously powerful Prince no one wanted to mess with him, then as Javier made friends with the Primogen council, and the Gangrel on the throne, Javier was able to betray the ridiculously powerful Ventrue elder without penalty, because he became Seneschal, and you can't attack the Primogen, the Prince, and the Seneschal, without getting labeled a traitor to the Camarilla, and most likely, hunted down.

But he betrayed the Prince - wouldn't the sheriff or the Skourge "hunt him down"?

TheRageOfGaia
05-27-2009, 11:17 PM
No, because, the way the city worked in this chron was that the Primogen Council voted in the Prince. And they could vote him out. There was also a Sabbat vampire who was causing all kinds of trouble.

Javier, with this Gangrel, hunted down the Sabbat and killed him, which put them in the good graces of the Council. Meanwhile, the Ventrue Prince was pretty much AWOL. So the Primogen voted the Gangrel in, and the Gangrel made Javier the Seneschal (2nd in command) so the Scourge and the Sheriff were under Javier's command (sorta) not his Sire's. The betrayal was helping the Gangrel take the throne.

cigamnogard
05-28-2009, 05:28 PM
No, because, the way the city worked in this chron was that the Primogen Council voted in the Prince.

Is that normal?

TheRageOfGaia
05-28-2009, 11:35 PM
It depends. Some cities are run that way, especially cities with large numbers of Brujah, Caitiff, and Nosferatu. The Brujah idealists, Caitiff survivors and Nosferatu loners all like the system because they have a say in some things.

The Book Counsel of Primogen offers a variety of "political structures" that are possible in a city

A strong, balanced, democratic council under a weak prince

A strong council, balanced, and in favor of a bloc

A strong, balanced, democratic council under a strong prince

Weak council under a strong prince

Weak council under a weak prince

The "advisory council"

Or an imbalanced council.

In this case, the term balance refers to there being one member from each clan in the city represented on the council.

But anything, really, can go. I ran a city with a large Arabic population, with an Assamite Primogen.

cigamnogard
05-29-2009, 02:56 PM
Interesting - have never seen the book. Actually, I am on the hunt for a newer Laws of the Night book.

TheRageOfGaia
05-29-2009, 04:08 PM
That I can't help you with. I've never done LARP by the "official" rules. I might like to. I think...

cigamnogard
05-29-2009, 05:09 PM
Oh, so the above is all table top? Cool!

TheRageOfGaia
05-30-2009, 03:46 PM
Yeah. But, the metaplot stuff should be the same. Of course, it's up to the STs how much of the metaplot gets used. Same with the structure of stuff

cigamnogard
06-01-2009, 05:06 PM
Will see how the metaplot plays out but I have a funny feeling that the story will suffer a reboot in 6 months...:(

cigamnogard
06-08-2009, 06:14 PM
Well it looks like I will not be playing in the campaign. Why, well another player is the DM from:

http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9832
Which is really crappy because this is my back history:

Name: Morgan S. Hasek
Clan: Toreador
Embrace: Unknown
Sire: Unknown
Notable Early Events:
Apr. 23rd, 1900 Performed as a Canadian cavalry soldier at Madison Square Gardens for Wild Bills Wild West Show.
Oct.22nd-Dec.30th, 1903 Worked as an evening watch-fireman in Chicago.
Jan.2nd-14th, 1908 Performed as an actor in Boyertown.
Feb.16th- Jul.11th,1909 - Assisted Paul Ehrlich and Sakahiro Hata in the development of Salvarsan.

Public Service:
Served as a doctor in the Balkan Wars, 1912 1913
Served as a doctor in the Great War, 1914 1918
Served as a doctor in the Northern Expedition, 1926 1927
Served as a doctor in the Spanish Civil War, 1936 1937
Served as a doctor in Second Sino-Japanese War, 1937 1945
Served as a doctor in Second Indochina War, 1954 1975
Served as a doctor in Cambodian-Vietnamese War, 1977 1991
Served as a doctor in Sierra Leone Civil War, 1991 1997
Served as a doctor in Second Congo War, 1998 2002

http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-free/pdf?_r=1&res=9C01E3D61330E132A25750C0A9629C946097D6CF
http://www.inficad.com/~ksup/iroquois.html (http://www.inficad.com/~ksup/iroquois.html)
http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=62782 (http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=62782)
 http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/36394/arsphenamine

TheRageOfGaia
06-08-2009, 07:24 PM
Aw, that's a bummer dude.

I think you should rochambo him for it.

cigamnogard
06-08-2009, 07:41 PM
Pardon?
Oh:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rochambo

Well, as long as I got the fisrt kick - I would be happy to let him win. ;)