PDA

View Full Version : History of Beckenhausen

Tyg
05-20-2009, 05:31 AM
All out of character:

Could I get a summary/tour of Beckenhausen given what Walter/Heinrich know or have seen about the place?

How many live there, what's in it, what activities particularly occur, Ely's title over it, geography of the place, and so on. Walter particularly might have something to contribute to this thread or on Beckenhausen in general depending on the details.

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-20-2009, 12:11 PM
Paul asked for information.

Nate...give him the information you have (makes some up if you want...) and I'll flesh out the rest (I do have a good bit of info on it, especially NPCs, but you can populate it however you so wish).

Kelco and Paul. Throw in whatever you want that it is important to your characters' back stories. We'll synthesize it all into one history after everyone is done with their input.

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-20-2009, 12:58 PM
The NPCs living in Beckenhausen, in no particular order:

Wulf Jagerorcen, a mid level carpenter/herdsman who is known around town for killing the replacement Hai on the day the news came that Saithith was dead.
Widow Freirline, a mid level expert who took over her husbands armorsmithing business after he disappeared one night.
Victor Van Sustren, a low-level peasant farmer. Jack of all trades.
Vestein, professional soldier of higher low level.
Thorkell, professional soldier of mid level.
Stefan Holstein, a low level subsistance farmer.
Silke Von Furst, Ely and Brillara's mother. High level cleric.
Reginald Boehner, a mid level wilder who has now dedicated his life to Reeanan.
Redbird, a half-elf ranger/barbarian of high level. Taught Heinrich everything he knows.
Ranulf Meyer, a midlevel inkeeper making an above-average living for his family.
Phillip Gregor, a high level man-at-arms in the service of the Van Furst household.
Ottar, a professional soldier of low level.
Otkel, a professional soldier of low level.
Muhammed, a half-orc barbarian from across the sea, here with his brother. Skin so dark it is almost purple. In the service of the Van Fursts.
Marshal Volker Jagerdarken, Heinrich's half-brother. Also involved in the killing of the hai. High level paladin in the service of Reeanan.
Marcus Septimus, a man of reported noble blood from Farland. Low level professional soldier in the service ofthe Van Fursts.
Jessica Volksnowogol, a half-dwarf widow who moved here after husband was killed in Kale during the liberation.
Gretel Von Vranken is a widow and the last surviving member of the only other noble family in Beckenhausen.
Geirstein, a low level ranger who makes a living for himself on the edge of town, on the other side of the river, as a tanner.
Gardener Hans, Van Furst family lands overseer.
Fyodr, low level professional soldier in the service of the Van Fursts.
Farrier Mikela. What the name implies.
Drarin Eagleeye, dwarven blacksmith. Very fine wares. Very expensive wares.
Deacon Lupo, a very high level paladin in the service of Reeanan.
Brynjolf a mid level story teller and jack of all trades. Is the resident entertainer at the Inn of the Tumbling Bear.
Brewer Hans, a mid-level brewer in the employ of the Von Fursts.
Bishop Gregor, a high level cleric devoted to Reeanan.
Andrei Van Hausen, a mid level cleric devoted to Reeanan.
Now, one might ask, why all the high and mid level NPCs.
Think about what it took to just survive during the occupation. You had to be on your toes.

Panthro82
05-20-2009, 03:19 PM
ummm, Rana kept this inside him when he was in the church in elder Daven, but he has a passionate hatred towards orcs. Due to being elven and them being responsible for the death of his mother...

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-20-2009, 05:54 PM
What about half-orcs..?

Panthro82
05-20-2009, 06:02 PM
yea that's why i mentioned it(because of the two half-orcs in beckenhausen). I guess it depends on the individual half-orc. Like what is the other half of their heritage and their alignment. Elves in Farland typically kill orcs on sight, adding that Rana's mother was killed at the hands of orcs, it takes a lot of his effort to compose himself around them. It wouldn't take much for him to fly off the handle when they're around. They would have to prove themselves honorable beyond doubt I guess.

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-20-2009, 06:24 PM
Remember, though, you're a monk. Monks are very composed individuals. It is where their ki comes from.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
If you can't compose yourself, you will probably find it hard to be a monk.

Panthro82
05-20-2009, 06:53 PM
yea that is why he is able to compose himself at all, because he is a monk, but there is no worse blood in farland then that between orcs and elves.

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-20-2009, 09:14 PM
Just make sure you roleplay your character class well. I reward good roleplaying and I discipline bad roleplaying...

Panthro82
05-20-2009, 09:38 PM
course! If one of them confuses Ely for a lady what should I do? ;p

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-20-2009, 09:57 PM
Don't you worry about that.

Manimal6
06-06-2009, 12:51 AM
know this a really late post... Ely is also known as Lord Ely Van Furst of Beckenhausen.