PDA

View Full Version : Starting a new 3.5 game - seeking players

andrewb
05-18-2009, 05:38 PM
I'm starting a D&D 3.5 horror campaign that includes a lot of the taint rules from Heroes of Horror (very different from the UA and OA versions) and is set in the Forgotten Realms. I would like to use some other variant mechanics, chiefly gestalt. We will be meeting in the N. Dallas/Richardson area, days and times TBD, once or twice monthly, maybe more depending on player availability and interest.

After the Time of Troubles, the gods of Faerun face - more trouble. They find that they have suddenly lost the power to impose alignment restrictions on their clergy[a la Eberron]. Established churches are suddenly corrupt, full of infiltrators. The gods command their most trusted clerics to hold inquisitions to purge the churches of enemies, but urge them to do so quietly and out of the public eye.

Meanwhile, the people of Faerun - all the common races - have noticed that some among them, chiefly adventurers, have begun to show symptoms of bizarre new ailments and strange forms of madness. And there are growing rumors that in some places the land itself has taken on new, twisted forms.

Class list will be largely unrestricted. Alignment restrictions are lifted for clerics only (established human organizations like monastic or knightly orders can still impose alignment restrictions on monks, paladins, etc).

Reply to this thread or PM if interested.

Rochin
05-20-2009, 12:16 AM
I'm starting a D&D 3.5 horror campaign that includes a lot of the taint rules from Heroes of Horror (very different from the UA and OA versions) and is set in the Forgotten Realms. I would like to use some other variant mechanics, chiefly gestalt. We will be meeting in the N. Dallas/Richardson area, days and times TBD, once or twice monthly, maybe more depending on player availability and interest.

After the Time of Troubles, the gods of Faerun face - more trouble. They find that they have suddenly lost the power to impose alignment restrictions on their clergy[a la Eberron]. Established churches are suddenly corrupt, full of infiltrators. The gods command their most trusted clerics to hold inquisitions to purge the churches of enemies, but urge them to do so quietly and out of the public eye.

Meanwhile, the people of Faerun - all the common races - have noticed that some among them, chiefly adventurers, have begun to show symptoms of bizarre new ailments and strange forms of madness. And there are growing rumors that in some places the land itself has taken on new, twisted forms.

Class list will be largely unrestricted. Alignment restrictions are lifted for clerics only (established human organizations like monastic or knightly orders can still impose alignment restrictions on monks, paladins, etc).

Reply to this thread or PM if interested.

Dang, all the very interesting games are always out of driving range! Blast it where are the flying cars we were promised back in the 50's? This is the future right? *Grumbles*

Drazkathan
06-29-2009, 07:51 PM
There's 3 of us who would have an interest that are close to the Richardson area. We are available on the Weekends at pretty much any time. Ages range from 19-24.

adaquacity24
07-01-2009, 11:52 AM
I am intrested in joining, I am free everyother Friday and saturday