PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Resources

Farcaster
12-07-2006, 03:00 PM
We have a lot of Talented Dungeon Masters visiting the site. I'd love to start pooling together some of our ideas. Take a look at the sample resource I posted for "Ice Forged Armor and Weapons (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1031)." If you have unique and interesting creations you've created for your games, please feel free to share them. Things that would be awesome to start collecting would be:

Magic Items and Templates
Custom Spells (and Epic Spells from D&D would rock too)
Monsters
Maps
Scenarios
Adventure and Campaign Ideas

Deathworm22
04-25-2007, 04:14 PM
I am currently working on a set of 10 vampire weapons. I have the magical abilities all set but i don't have the weapon damage stats,yet.Please give me some advice.

Revolt268
04-26-2007, 04:59 PM
I am currently working on a database for D&D 3.5 (with a bit of 3.0 stuff in there). I am making it in MS Access and so far what it contains is class, feats, spells, skills (not all, just basic ones for now), and monsters. I will admit that I cheated on some of this by using the indexs that wizards posts on their website to create tables and then I imported them into Access, but I am adding in more information as I go. For example, I am adding in requirements for feats, the breif describsion of what they do that is in the quick tables in the books, and what Feat type they are. I hope to get it to a point where you can easily look up those spells and feats for your character and have a quick reference to what they do and which book to find them in. I may even link it to a java script that will allow people to create quick characters or items (but that will ahve to wait for my java skill to improve). As for ideas for my games, I'll have to post that tomorrow cause I get off of work...oo now and I'm going home to the no-internet kingdom. See you guys tomorrow.

InfoStorm
07-24-2007, 10:05 AM
I personally have too much fun making myriads of characters cause I never know what I want to play, but end up using them as NPC's when I'm running. I'm starting to get a sizable archive, and with the way I design and write up characters, they are easy to put at any level.

RealmsDM
07-24-2007, 07:45 PM
I personally have too much fun making myriads of characters cause I never know what I want to play, but end up using them as NPC's when I'm running. I'm starting to get a sizable archive, and with the way I design and write up characters, they are easy to put at any level.

same here... maybe we should start a "Rogue's Gallery" of NPCs???

RealmsDM
07-24-2007, 08:01 PM
Death Throes

Evocation
Level: Wizard 6
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 round
Range: Touch
Target: 1 or more animated corpses touched
Duration: permanent
Save: Ref half
Spell Resistance: No

This spell is cast on mindless undead created by the caster via an animate dead spell. You can imbue as many HD of undead with this spell as twice your caster level. Undead enchanted with this spell release stored magical energy upon their destruction. The spell that detonates is declared when the death throes spell is cast. The spell must be an area of effect spell of 4th level or lower. Each undead created cost the caster 10xp.

Bloodwyrm
01-08-2008, 02:45 PM
Im in the process of working on an weapon/armor set for the bard, and for a corrupt avenger. an example is

Bard: Sitar of illumination- Lights up at a range of 30 feet around character if successful perform check. does 1d12 damage to monster if sucessfull perform check. weight 8lbs. type music. range 20 feet. critical 19/20/x2

Corrupt Avenger: Corrupt Rags Of Disguise- Allows Ability to disguise self as elf if sucessful disguise check. Type: Light. Ac Bonus: +3. Max Dex: +4 Check Penalty: -2. Spell Failure: 15%. Speed: 40 feet. Weight 2lbs.

tesral
01-08-2008, 03:37 PM
Maps

Well I have an index of maps (http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com/fantasy/maps/map.html) on my website. People are free to use them for private purposes. There are also critters (http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com/fantasy/gs_fant.htm#creature) and other things on the main page (http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com/fantasy/gs_fant.htm).

Bloodwyrm
01-15-2008, 02:58 PM
here's a longsword i came up with for lvl 20+ guys.

LongSword of Forbidden Magic: attack bonus +12(+ whatever base attack is for character) damage- 3d20+8 critical 19/20x2 range- 5ft type- slashing. special properties- +4d10 magic damage +2 flame lick.

Hope that helps you out with higher level characters. also if unidented then it is a longsword with a purple orb attached to handle with a faint red glow in the guard.

Farcaster
01-24-2008, 06:13 PM
LongSword of Forbidden Magic: attack bonus +12(+ whatever base attack is for character) damage- 3d20+8 critical 19/20x2 range- 5ft type- slashing. special properties- +4d10 magic damage +2 flame lick.

I assume this is a D&D item, but it doesn't seem to have been made within the framework of the D&D magic item creation rules -- even for epic.

Anaesthesia
01-25-2008, 11:22 AM
I'm currently working on Armor and Simple Weapons for the Revenge of the Dragon campaign. It involves gems and crystals being the major part of the armor or weapon. When I get them where I want it I'll post it.

Riftwalker
01-25-2008, 11:25 AM
Have you seen/considered the weapon/armor/shield augment crystals as put forth in the Magic Item Compendium? I thought some of that stuff was cool.

Anaesthesia
01-25-2008, 11:30 AM
Have you seen/considered the weapon/armor/shield augment crystals as put forth in the Magic Item Compendium? I thought some of that stuff was cool.

Nope, don't have the Magic Item Compedium. hm...that sounds interesting..

MortonStromgal
01-25-2008, 01:27 PM
Adventure (I ran it with Shadowrun and inserted other adventures in between parts)

Part I:
PCs are hired by a guy to find his missing daughter. When they do she has been "altered" by a mad scientist/wizard type

Part II: PCs are hired by same guy to track down mad scientist/wizard and capture him so he can have his revenge. Ends with them handing him over.

Part III: Rumors circulate at the local bar/tavern of missing people and "altered" bodies being found. Ends with the tower/lab blowing up.

Part IV: "altered" people attack the PCs. Ends with the final showdown

A scene I've always wanted to run but never have - D&D

"its been a long day and the inn looks warm and inviting, as you open the door all eyes turn on you" the inn is of course, full of beholders...

Drohem
01-25-2008, 04:30 PM
"its been a long day and the inn looks warm and inviting, as you open the door all eyes turn on you" the inn is of course, full of beholders...

hehehe...now that would be hilarious!

Riftwalker
01-25-2008, 04:35 PM
Eyecarumba!

Lexdragon
02-01-2008, 11:12 PM
Not my idea or creation but there is a really great character generation tool that is available free to the public called "hero forge". Ties together alot of information from tons of 3.5 books and lays out a very well put together sheet when finished. I imagine many of you know of this already.

Lexdragon
02-01-2008, 11:28 PM
As far as special items go i have always used an assortment of augmented non magical crossbows in my games. It's basically the equivalent of compound archery design made by dwarves to get the most stopping power out of a quarrel. There really expensive and dont do well with quarrels that are not made for them. Players might find them made in different sizes at times by gnomes or perhaps crafty giants. I figure the reason they are so rare is that an item like this represents the work of not just a great weapon smith but an individual that is an enthusiast of the weapon as well. They are always at least masterwork and sometimes have automatic loading capabilities or folding arms so that they fit into concealable cases. I generally have them do damage as if they were one size larger.

tesral
02-02-2008, 02:35 PM
As far as special items go i have always used an assortment of augmented non magical crossbows in my games. It's basically the equivalent of compound archery design made by dwarves to get the most stopping power out of a quarrel. There really expensive and dont do well with quarrels that are not made for them. Players might find them made in different sizes at times by gnomes or perhaps crafty giants. I figure the reason they are so rare is that an item like this represents the work of not just a great weapon smith but an individual that is an enthusiast of the weapon as well. They are always at least masterwork and sometimes have automatic loading capabilities or folding arms so that they fit into concealable cases. I generally have them do damage as if they were one size larger.

Haflings have the compound bows in my game. a strength bow two points stonger than you could draw normally and it allows a +1 in addition of you have precise shot.

Anaesthesia
02-02-2008, 02:52 PM
I just remember a campaign I wanted to do (but never got around to).

Scenario:
Evil/Villian NPC has plans to destroy the world, with a magic item. The NPC has a 2nd lieutenant that has bragged about it and word has got out about (the 2nd can be killed, imprisoned whatever because of that). The only way the PCs can find out what the Magic Item is or how to make a "counter" magic item, is to get to a Beholder (yes, the creature!), as how to create the magic item was tattooed on the Beholder. Don't ask me how they tattooed the Beholder.

tesral
02-04-2008, 12:03 AM
I just remember a campaign I wanted to do (but never got around to).

Scenario:
Evil/Villian NPC has plans to destroy the world, with a magic item. The NPC has a 2nd lieutenant that has bragged about it and word has got out about (the 2nd can be killed, imprisoned whatever because of that). The only way the PCs can find out what the Magic Item is or how to make a "counter" magic item, is to get to a Beholder (yes, the creature!), as how to create the magic item was tattooed on the Beholder. Don't ask me how they tattooed the Beholder.

How did they tattoo a beholder?

cplmac
02-04-2008, 11:02 AM
A scene I've always wanted to run but never have - D&D

This sounds very interesting. I would not mind playing a pc. Either a fighter or magic user, preferably.

nijineko
02-10-2008, 05:10 AM
heh, can i play a beholder mage for that one?

so, we should post links here for the various things we've collected, is that it?