PDA

View Full Version : Who is participating in Game Day?

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-15-2009, 09:05 PM
May 23rd is a new Game Day.
Celebrating the release of 4e MM2.
Anyone celebrating?

I plan on doing it. Even though I'll be running 3.5

Kind of like a drunk taking any excuse to party.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Go to the D&D Website:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4dnd/gameday&BAC=may09%20
Find a location near you:
http://ww2.wizards.com/StoreAndEventLocator/

templeorder
05-15-2009, 09:16 PM
Well, i have a regularly scheduled non DnD game on the 24th... is that close enough? What if i promise the roll a D20 on the 23rd? Until i hit a "20"!? Heck, i'll even try and put together some back story for multiple groups for that day... there, i said the words... basically.

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-15-2009, 09:18 PM
Hehehe

I think I'm going to officially play it. Go to a store that is hosting it and all that.

BrotherDog
05-16-2009, 03:43 AM
I was hoping to go, but now it seems my only way there is going to a LAN party instead. We both hate 4e but still participate on game days as we can't find a group with room for more players. Oh well.

drewshi
05-16-2009, 05:25 AM
We have our regular game scheduled for the 22nd. We usually end just before midnight, but I'll keep it going into the next day so as to make it official. :biggrin:

mrken
05-16-2009, 09:53 AM
Our game is set for noon the 23rd. We run until about eight or so.

Grimwell
05-16-2009, 09:58 AM
I'm hoping to go. I was looking into running an event for the local P&PG'ers, but the requirements include a 'must use public place' provision -- so I'll try the FLGS instead.

Talmek
05-16-2009, 01:17 PM
I'd like to, but I'm working. This is the 2nd Game Day in a row that I've had to work...time to quit and make my own hours!

kirksmithicus
05-17-2009, 12:40 AM
I'm going to try and go, but we may or may not be out of town. So I'll just have to wait and see.

Etarnon
05-17-2009, 01:12 AM
Defintely not going. Went to the last one and has such a bad experience all around, I'm not going to another one.

gajenx
05-17-2009, 10:45 AM
not near where WotC does game day but I have a 3.5 game I run already set for the night of the 23 if that counts. I just hope I can get enough people to make it for it to work right.

cplmac
05-17-2009, 06:02 PM
Defintely not going. Went to the last one and has such a bad experience all around, I'm not going to another one.

Won't be able to go for 3 reasons. 1st) I work every Saturday so that means that the early round is out. 2nd) Our Tsojcanth campaign group will be meeting that day and that means that the late round is out also. 3rd) Etarnon has told us in the Tsojcanth campaign what all went on at the last one, that I really don't think that I would enjoy it.

Hopefully those that get to attend somewhere will have a good time.

Baron_Samedi
05-17-2009, 08:50 PM
I'd love to, but the group participating in my neck of the woods is clique-ish the point of exclusivity. If you're not down with the almight 4e and don't want to play their way...you don't get to 'get down'. Its like sitting at the 'cool kids' table in 3rd grade, but with grown-ups, with the obvious exception being that we're all nerds...go figure, fellow geeks on a power trip. I'll be having my own meeting at my place with all varieties of D&D that anyone is interested in playing in...

kirksmithicus
05-18-2009, 01:02 AM
I'd love to, but the group participating in my neck of the woods is clique-ish the point of exclusivity. If you're not down with the almight 4e and don't want to play their way...you don't get to 'get down'. Its like sitting at the 'cool kids' table in 3rd grade, but with grown-ups, with the obvious exception being that we're all nerds...go figure, fellow geeks on a power trip. I'll be having my own meeting at my place with all varieties of D&D that anyone is interested in playing in...

That's too bad. I was under the impression the whole point of the D&D Game Day was so that anyone could sign up and play. Yes, the scenario's run during the D&D game day events all use the 4E system, as it is a promotional event put on by WotC. So there is really no avoiding that. Also, all of the game day events, as I understand it, have to be run at a legit business or public forum, no at home games, in order to allow access to the event by the public. So if they are excluding people you can always file a complaint against them with WotC. A second course of action, would be to talk to the local event sponsor and ask them if they would be willing to run a second (or more) games. The event I go to has three seperate runs of the same scenario.

BrotherDog
05-18-2009, 01:22 AM

Are you sure you don't actually live here in Cheyenne? That sounds just like here, if you add in elitism, and them switching game systems everytime they exhail. On top of that, they be rich-boy mini-nazis. Most of us can't afford that stuff.

cpljarhead
05-18-2009, 09:52 AM
think i'm gonna try and go because i am on vacation and nothiing really else to do. besides i have not had a taste of 4th yet and maybe i can find some new players for the 3.5 ed gropu i play in that has lost many players recently

BrotherDog
05-19-2009, 04:02 AM
Something about this reminds of B.A.C. Not sure what though.

BrotherDog
05-26-2009, 03:27 AM
To anyone that went.

What was available to play? How was it in your opinion?

kirksmithicus
05-27-2009, 04:00 PM
Dragonborn Rogue
Eladrin Wizard
Tiefling Warlord
Dwarf Paladin
Goliath Barbarian

I played the Eladrin Wizard the first time and the Eladrin Wizard and the Warlord in the second game. The Wizard was very fun, both times, the warlord...meh. As for the others, the Paladin was fairly essential to the groups survival, providing healing and so forth. The Rogue, wasn't that great, armed with a dagger only. The Goliath was probably the most under played character in both games. Most characters also lacked ranged weapons, which I think was done on purpose, to force them into melee with the rust monsters. As far as the scenario went, it was pretty good for a one shot game, better than the last one IMO.