PDA

View Full Version : Starting New 3.5 D&D Group - Carrollton Area

tom840
05-14-2009, 06:56 PM
I posted this to the general board, but thought I would post here for all the local DFW gamers. I am starting a 3.5 campaign (sorry to all those who are 4.0) in the Carrollton area. I'm hoping to get together a group of four players consistently about twice a month for four hour sessions. I'm keeping the group small so we can be flexible with game times to work around everyone's schedule. I've done some online gaming with Maptool and play-by-email, so we could use this in between sessions to stay in character in there is interest.

Here are the details on the campaign:

A century ago, there was a war between humans and orcs. The humans won this long and bloody war, and as things have come to pass, they now live in relative peace (at least in this corner of the world). As the decades have passed, while the alliance between humans and orcs have grown stronger, a new and menacing evil has come to the surface. Your characters are on the edge of the civilized world in a small town that borders the wild lands to the east and north. A strange and sinister force is at work, and the characters will be thrown into the action from the get go. Hordes of evil denzins have attacked the northern borders and even in the smaller towns to the south. The cities to the west have yet to answer the call for more troops and the abilities of the barbarian towns to hold off the invasion is faltering.

A few words about the campaign. I'm a new DM, so character classes will be restricted to the Player's Handbook. I will make full use of weather, varied settings (urban and rural) and will be balanced in terms of role-playing and combat. I can provide more details on request. This would be the perfect group for people that are looking to play a couple times a months or perhaps other DMs that miss having the opportunity to play or even busy professionals that have trouble squeezing in game time. (That's the reason I had to leave my last group. I love playing, but ten hour sessions were just too much)

Please let me know if you are interested. I have one player already and need three more to round out the group. Play times will probably be either Friday nights, Saturday (whatever works) or Sunday (whatever works) twice a month.

Thanks,
Tom

Oldgamer
05-15-2009, 01:08 PM
Poor orcs, they always lose :)

Where is the game to be hosted? The reason I ask is Carrollton may be a little far for me to drive, kindof at my limit depending on which side of Carrollton I'm available Saturday's during the day but that's it, morning to no later than 4.

tom840
05-16-2009, 01:20 PM
The closest major cross street is President George Bush Turnpike and Old Denton, so the northern side of Carrollton. I can imagine that Grand Prarie must be a bit of a trek!

Oldgamer
05-16-2009, 04:06 PM
Yeah, not only Grand Prairie, but south Grand Prairie to boot, near Joe Pool Lake. It would be about a 30 mile drive, a little too far I'm afraid :pout:

Rochin
05-16-2009, 09:30 PM
Yeah, not only Grand Prairie, but south Grand Prairie to boot, near Joe Pool Lake. It would be about a 30 mile drive, a little too far I'm afraid :pout:

I am almost the same distance away, I live in south Arlington. So yeah all the awesome games going on up that way, I always have to pass on. Doh!

DW120
05-17-2009, 10:23 PM
YES! YES! GOD YES. I just graduated from grad school and I suddenly have an assload of free time. I'm in Plano, and am totally interested. Just let me know when and where.

tom840
05-18-2009, 10:24 AM
Great!! I'll send you a private message with the details.

Nok
06-08-2009, 11:56 PM
I just got hyped - let me know if you're looking.