PDA

View Full Version : Unexplained sightings?

Oldgamer
05-14-2009, 05:47 PM
If so, let us know what they were, I've had many myself and have posted a few of them on other pages ...

What see(say) you?

cplmac
05-14-2009, 06:48 PM
Since I work at a mall, does some of the "people" that we see come passing through count?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-14-2009, 07:54 PM
I'll admit to an unexplained sighting. This kind of sighting is actually kind of common so lets see who else will admit to it.

Last time I've heard them described, they were referred to as Dark Hooded Beings. Covered from head to toe in a pitch black aura or a black cloak as dark as pitch from head to toe. Usually, one gets a feeling of a presence and will see this being for a moment only, always staring down at you, unmoving. During your blink, the being will disappear.

They always visit at night, usually in the deepest of night. They say nothing. The don't move. I know quite a few folks that have dealt with this. For me, it was in the 1980's. When it happened to me, i was laying in bed and listening to the radio. Got this weird feeling something was behind me, i rolled over and saw this being, and during my fight or flight response, lunged at this being only to crash onto the floor.

Pretty scary stuff, right?

How's that for an unexplained sighting?

nijineko
05-14-2009, 11:18 PM
mine all fall into the weird / benign category.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-14-2009, 11:40 PM
mine all fall into the weird / benign category.
As Ricky would say to Lucy: Lucy, you got sum splaining to do.

So nijineko, lets hear some of these benign stories you speak of.

nijineko
05-15-2009, 01:11 AM
oh, i suppose. lets see.

i once was woken and saw a pillar of light in my room filled with stars slowly flowing upwards. the light was somewhat a deep blue, as i recall. eventually a figure came into view outlined entirely in stars. i received the distinct impression that him/her/it wanted me to take their hand and join him/her/it in the pillar(door?) to go somewhere. uncertain as to what this would result in, where i might go, and whether i would return or not, i elected to remain.

another time, i was standing upon holy ground (yes, the real thing) somewhat near it's border, in a crowd of people. the person i was trying to talk with was too busy at the time to talk with me so i turned to leave, and began walking towards the center of the holy ground, away from the border region.
about that time, a passerby, apparently unaware of the nature of the location, performed what might be considered a profane act in passing, apparently in some attempt at humor with regards to the crowd of people i had just left. the majority of the crowd starting laughing at what had happened. the abrupt vacation of the holy presence from the region around the crowd out to the border was physically palpable, and nearly knocked me off balance. i was very shaken. i looked around and saw maybe two others of all that were there who noticed and realized what had just happened.
the really interesting thing about this is that i completely missed what had happened, having had my back turned to walk away from the crowd. my first clue was the change in presence. i had to grab someone nearby and ask them what had happened as i was unwilling to enter the vacated area. once i understood what had happened, i immediately retreated deeper into the holy ground, contemplating what i had just learned... then, and for a long time after.

the majority of the rest involve seeing something before it happens, with rare exception. i never really thought of this sort of stuff as being unusual. judging from my own experiences, it is perfectly normal.

Etarnon
05-15-2009, 06:35 AM
Many things I'm not at liberty to discuss.

Suffice to say the world is a much stranger place than the average person who has not seen something realizes.

Oldgamer
05-15-2009, 12:23 PM
Since I work at a mall, does some of the "people" that we see come passing through count?

Lol, yes! Sometimes I go to a mall just to sit and look at people, my wife calls it People Watching like it's a sport, some oddities out there for sure :)

Suffice to say the world is a much stranger place than the average person who has not seen something realizes.

Tease!

cplmac
05-15-2009, 12:49 PM

There are probably more of us out there than even we know about, huh Etarnon?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-15-2009, 02:37 PM
It's a pretty big boat, no doubt.

Panthro82
05-15-2009, 06:32 PM
one of the many things I have had happen to me....

When I was in 8th grade I was in NJ visiting my family. We always stayed with my grandma(blood relation) and grandpa(no blood relation). As we were pulling out of the driveway My grandpa was at the edge of the driveway waiving and smiling like he always did. As I looked at him in that moment a voice in my head said, "This will be the last time you ever see him alive"

A short while after that the night before my 8th grade graduation, my grandpa died in a freak accident. My grandma was with us attending my graduation. A day after we found out I went up to talk to my sister because my dad had said that she wasnt emotional or crying or anything. I went up and I asked her why and she said something weird had happened. She then explained to me that the day my grandpa waived and was smiling and saying goodbye to us as we were pulling out of their driveway a voice in her head said, "This is the last time you will ever see him. He is going to die." I had never told anyone that I had heard almost the same exact thing in my head that day, until after she told me that...

nijineko
05-15-2009, 11:23 PM

right there with you. i can't share all that i've experienced either.

Panthro82
05-15-2009, 11:31 PM
men in black got to you guys??

nijineko
05-15-2009, 11:42 PM
i'll not speak for etarnon, but some experiences, while not secret, are too sacred to share. even among friends.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-16-2009, 12:16 AM
For me, I'll just share the really mild stories. I'd love to share more than the mild, but wont, for the same reasons others don't.

i don't want it ever to be said that i blew a wisdom roll.

Etarnon
05-16-2009, 04:49 AM
It's not always about Men In Black.

Ever watch any shows about Psychic Detectives?

When they go to most police with the insight about the crime, etc etc, they typically might fall under suspicion or get arrested.

Oh, and you saw it as a psychic. Labeled, and stigmatized as Schizophrenic.

Found innocent later...still got that darn label. Poor confused, but helpful psychic person. No good deed goes unpunished.

That's one spin.

The next spin is:
I know (civilian) people who claim to have been abducted by aliens, experimented on by aliens, seen werewolves, seen and summoned demons, called for and had angels appear, cleansed houses of spirits, seen and interacted with ghosts, performed feats of precognition, all sorts of things along those lines.

Fourth spin:
Lots of things happen in the military, in service, that are just better left alone.

I had a similar experience with my grandfather, when I was 10. 3 days later, he was dead.