PDA

View Full Version : Attention: ALL WFRP fans of 1E & 2E. This thread is for you.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Assassins in WFRP. They get your love?

Unlike dnd, it is very doubtful one will get rich adventuring in the WFRP world. Only masters of the Master assassins doingn well for a living. Usually, one lives day to day, week to week, but they do so for the alternative can be so much worse. Life sucks and is short, so why not try your luck being your own person, rather than slaving away 16 hour a day or more, 7 days a week, on near nothing. There is a reason the average lifespan is around 28, after all.

So when a party gets to town to make a little duckage, nurse their wounds, tell their stories at the local pub, and enjoy the company of the opposite-or same sex. During this down time, they go find work in their respective careers, or take the dirty jobs like cleaning sewers and killing rats. Off course, party not knowing the true nature of the rest of the party, there are secrets after all, the assassin in the party(usually claiming the Scout class) usually will opt to contact a local assassins guild and pick up a job. Doing a job on ones own would almost certainly end in ones death for the guild never looks nicely at rogue assassins invading their territories. If a player chooses not to pick up assassin jobs, then he or she will NOT be allowed to pick up said class.

This is where is gets fun for the players of assassins. Assassin goes to the local guild to take a job for a certain amount of money, plan out their attack, and go in to make the-hopefully successful-kill. It's great fun, takes no more than 30 minutes to run, and can be run either during break or right after a gaming session. Without exception, the rest of the players enjoy watching the assassin apply his or her trade, however they see fit per their specific skills. Same with Pit Fighters.

Some would argue, and have, that they would never GM this for the character can get killed in process. Well, i approach assassins the same way i approach pit fighters, and the like. If you are a Pit Fighter, then you will pit fight, just to earn the career of pit fighter. In fact this is how most careers are earned.

Do i make exceptions? Sure. The Troll Slayer need not kill a Troll to make the Troll Slayer class. What i do require though, is the tattoos and scarring to be done immediately, the hair painted orange, as well as the Dwarf to actively seek out a Troll, IMMEDIATELY, as well as making a trip to Slayer Moutain to make his or her oath. Party following alongside their comrade.

Oh, and yes, the Dwarf need not kill it alone, only being actively-the primary- involved in the slaying of said Troll to secure the title. I also have updated and added advancements to all the appropriate classes, slayers being one of them, but i digress for for now.

Okay, i rambled enough. I have no wish for others to chime in to say I'm wrong for this isn't the point of the thread. What i would like is for others to share their ways and experiences in their games, even if opposite of mine. There are no wrong answers and no wrong ways to approach things. This thread is for other lovers of the WFRP world to share stories, ideas, approaches, homebrew rules, dealings with classes & races, preferences, etc etc. No subject is off limits here. We fans are a dark and gritty lot, arent we. -Thoth proudly exclaims.

So, fellow WFRP fans, please share your thoughts. If there are gamers just interested in finding out more about WFRP, here is a great place to submit questions for the rest of us to field.

What share you?

Windstar
05-30-2009, 07:48 PM
What is WFRP Thoth?

Windstar
:cool::cool:

Dark
05-30-2009, 07:59 PM
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

William Murderface
06-06-2009, 12:43 AM
while I'm not terribly big on Warhammer I've dabbled and find it to my liking but I unfortunately prefer D&D for some odd reason

CEBedford
07-04-2009, 07:25 PM
I've never played 1e. I was quite late to the party back when I caught the WFRP fever.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Being to lazy and dealing with time constraints, so forgive me if i had already mentioned this, but i do play both editions, having everything both editions had ever put out. This being said--and i do love both editions--the first edition is the better of the two for me. Why? Well, it's a bit darker, grittier, and even a bit more unbalanced. This is why i houserule a few things in 2nd where i don't in first. I must admit, 2E with my houserules included, really make it bloody awesome.

1E or 2E, both are great. I love them both.

CEBedford
07-05-2009, 02:43 PM
I must admit, 2E with my houserules included, really make it bloody awesome.

Bring on the details. (I'll check the house rules thread if you've already posted them there.) I'm not big on house rules but there are times I find some worth using.