PDA

View Full Version : DM / Player Tools Free online 3.5 Monster/NPC Generator

dingle
05-12-2009, 05:23 PM
Over the last 8 months I've been working on a tool to allow a quick and simple way to add HD or class levels to monsters and then to be able to tweak them to get the best out of an encounter.
If anyone would like a play you can on the "monster generator" at
http://www.dinglesgames.com/

For class levels the skills are worked out using a skill focus you select for the class. e.g. for Rogue you could select "Trap Expert" .
The project is still a work in progress. I am currently working on adding in spells.
I would appreciate any feed back good :) or bad :o.

Thanks

Malruhn
05-12-2009, 09:24 PM
After spending about an hour trying rather hard to break it, I gotta say that you did a fine job! Outside of the rogue class "problem", there is very little to whine about.

Nice tool! I have you bookmarked!!

dingle
05-13-2009, 06:53 AM
Thanks for the feedback Malruhn. Glad you liked it.
What did you mean about the rogue class problem?
A problem with the "Rogue" class or a rogue problem with with some other classes? or just not being able to fine edit the skills (I am planning on allowing changing skills in a later version).
I am trying to fix all bugs within a couple of days of them being reported. So I am grateful for any pointers.

Malruhn
05-13-2009, 06:15 PM
My complaint is moot. I totally misunderstood your initial post... and my "complaint" was based on my inability to comprehend English...

It works very well!

nijineko
05-15-2009, 12:26 AM
interesting. and useful. btw, where are the dragons?

dingle
05-15-2009, 09:52 AM

Well, dragons are a bit more complex, they need a generator all for themselves to get them working properly. I do propose to add them in soon though (Once I get all their rules defined).

Baldwin Stonewood
05-18-2009, 11:45 AM
Very interesting. I will put it through a test or two.

dingle
05-19-2009, 07:52 AM
Thanks Baldwin let me know what you find :)

Baldwin Stonewood
05-19-2009, 11:44 AM
I like the tutorial attached to the program. So far the few monsters I have created are good. Very handy GM aid. Thanks
--- Merged from Double Post ---

Thanks Baldwin let me know what you find :)

Is there anyway to add magical items such as: cloaks, rings, and gear?

dingle
05-19-2009, 06:42 PM
Is there anyway to add magical items such as: cloaks, rings, and gear?

Thanks for the coments Baldwin. I'm working on a way to add magic items, I will be adding this to the new version I'm creating (the new version would only be free for a month or so though I'm hoping to make the site at least break even with a one off lifetime membership fee, the current version will remain free).
You can upgrade the Natural AC/ Magic Armour Bonus/Magic Shield bonus and stat fields manually in the current version to represent magic items though.

Baldwin Stonewood
05-24-2009, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the coments Baldwin. I'm working on a way to add magic items, I will be adding this to the new version I'm creating (the new version would only be free for a month or so though I'm hoping to make the site at least break even with a one off lifetime membership fee, the current version will remain free).
You can upgrade the Natural AC/ Magic Armour Bonus/Magic Shield bonus and stat fields manually in the current version to represent magic items though.

Thanks for the update. Do you have any idea when it will be available?

dingle
05-25-2009, 07:46 AM

I'm working full-time on the generator at the moment so hopefully I should have a beta version working next week. This will include the spell lists from PHB and some Magic items.

Severion
05-25-2009, 01:08 PM
That is an awesome program, however i have one minor nitpick; no Dretch. i am going to run a module soon that has one in a leadership position and i am adding a level of cleric, simple job for any DM, however it was the first thing i thought to try on your site and it wasn't there, thought i'd point it out.

dingle
05-26-2009, 07:40 AM
That is an awesome program, however i have one minor nitpick; no Dretch. i am going to run a module soon that has one in a leadership position and i am adding a level of cleric, simple job for any DM, however it was the first thing i thought to try on your site and it wasn't there, thought i'd point it out.

Sorry about that :redface: I'm currently adding in the missing monsters. The good news is the Dretch is now there. (hopefully I'm not too late for you).
If anyone wants a missing monster adding just reply to the link or put a comment on the site, I'll add it as soon as I can (normally the same day :)).

dingle
06-02-2009, 06:42 PM
The spell lists (all PHB) are now available on the NPC Generator at http://www.dinglesgames.com/tools/NPCGenerator/dnd35/
I am still working in the magic items hopefully have some of them by next week.

Baldwin Stonewood
06-02-2009, 08:03 PM
The spell lists (all PHB) are now available on the NPC Generator at http://www.dinglesgames.com/tools/NPCGenerator/dnd35/
I am still working in the magic items hopefully have some of them by next week.

I am impressed at the speed in which you are developing your NPC generator. Great work.

William Murderface
06-06-2009, 10:49 AM
very nice one of the best i've seen in awhile congrats

dingle
06-08-2009, 07:45 PM
very nice one of the best i've seen in awhile congrats

Thanks William Murderface :)
Magic items should be available within the next couple of days. I'm doing the Beta testing as we speak.

dingle
06-09-2009, 12:32 PM
The Magic Items are now available on
http://www.dinglesgames.com/tools/NPCGenerator/dnd35/
Have a play and let me know what you think

Baldwin Stonewood
06-09-2009, 07:40 PM
The Magic Items are now available on
Have a play and let me know what you think

Awesome addition!!

dingle
06-17-2009, 12:29 PM
Awesome addition!!

Templates are now also available on the NPC Generator (So you can create a Hill Giant Wereboar)

dingle
06-26-2009, 09:14 PM
I am impressed at the speed in which you are developing your NPC generator. Great work.

I've now added a dropdown menu for monsters that advance by HD onto the Racial Hit Dice field, also if the size changes then the Str, Dex, Con and natural AC will be adjusted when the RECALCULATE button is pressed.
This is only available on the NPC Generator:
http://www.dinglesgames.com/tools/NPCGenerator/dnd35

The monster Generator will remain unchanged.

Baldwin Stonewood
07-03-2009, 01:14 PM
The additions that you made recently are working out very well. Thanks

dingle
10-07-2009, 07:50 PM
I've now added a D&D 3.5 Rogues Gallery/ 3.5 Encounter Generator It has over 700 ready created monsters.
http://www.dinglesgames.com/tools/encounter-generator/

You can also save your NPC's on-line in your own library.

I've also added a tool that enables you to add your own monsters to the generator.

http://www.dinglesgames.com/

WhiteTiger
10-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Sweet.. that's a pretty cool generator...

but I noticed something..

Name:
Human (Medium Humanoid) Half-dragon, Red
Fighter level 3 (skill points 30) Knight
Hit die: 0d10+3d10+9(25hp)
Init: 1
Speed: 20
AC: 24 + Full-plate, + Shield, light steel
AC flat footed :23
AC Touch: 11
Base Attack/Grapple: 3/9

What's up with the zero D10 ???

dingle
10-09-2009, 08:21 AM
Hi WhiteTiger
Thanks for the feedback.
The 0d10 is the creatures basic HD. The 3D10 is the HD for the fighter.
Half dragons get improved basic HD i.e d8 goes to d10 but a human can only go up in character levels so starts with no basic HD i.e 0d8 (which in this case has been upgraded to 0d10) .
A bugbear fighter level 3 would display 3d8 + 3d10, A Bugbear Half Dragon would display 3d10 + 3d10.
Hope that helps explain it.:)

Dr.Dead
10-26-2009, 07:22 PM
Here are some spells from the Draconomicon if you need more just give me a message.

Cloak of Bravery
- Abjuration [Mind-Affecting]
- Level: Clr 3, Pal 2
- Components: V,S
- Casting time: 1 standard action
- Range: 60 ft.
- Area: 60-ft.-radius emanation centered on you
- Duration: 10 minutes/level
- Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
- Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

All allies within the area (including you) gain a morale bonus on saving throws against fear effect equalto your caster level (max +10).

Dragon Ally, Lesser
- Conjuration (Summoning)
- Level: Sor/Wiz 5
- Components: V, XP
- Casting time: 10 minutes
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5ft./2 levels)
- Effect: One summoned dragon of up to 9 HD
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: None
- Spell Resistance: No

This spell summons a dragon. You may ask the dragon to perform one task in exchange for a payment from you. Tasks might range from the simple (fly us across the chasm, help us fight a battle) to the complex (spy on our enemies, protect us on our foray into the dungeon). You must be able to communicate with the dragon to bargain for its services.
The summoned dragon requires the form of coins, gems, or other precious objects the dragon can add to its hoard. This payment must be made before the dragon agrees to perform any services. The bargaining takes at least 1 round, so any actions by the creature begin in the round after it arrives.
Tasks requiring up to 1 minute per caster level require a payment of 100 gp per HD of the summoned dragon. For a task requiring up to 1 hour per caster level, the creature requires a payment of 500 gp per HD. Long-term tasks (those requiring up to 1 day per caster level) require a payment of 1,000 gp per HD.
Especially hazardous tasks require a greater gift, up to twice the given amount. A dragon never accepts less than the indicated amount, even for a nonhazardous task.
At the end of its task, or when the duration bargained for elapses, the creature returns to the place it was summoned from (after reporting back to you, if appropraite and possible).
Xp Cost: 100xp
Special: Sorcerers cast this spell at +1 caster level.

:)I hope this helps for you NPC Generator:)

dingle
12-11-2009, 09:17 PM

I've now added all the evil dragons (they take an age to add in). I've also added the bronze dragon (it was requested). I will soon be adding the other good dragons...
I've also updated the NPC Generator to include Prestige classes.
So now Assassins are easy to create.

I'm currently working on a pathfinder version; probably appearing in a few weeks (only just got the books through).

Baldwin Stonewood
02-22-2010, 08:11 PM
Awesome stuff.

tesral
02-27-2010, 07:39 AM
I tried a couple for fun, interesting breakdown on the skills to say the least. No way to alter it that I saw.

Useful for the more complex NPCs and monsters, however I'm skilled enough to knock together lesser critters faster than I can manipulate drop down menus.

Angelus789
03-15-2010, 08:00 AM
Really good program. Though it seems to be missing some monsters in the Demon and Devil department. Hezrous and such.