PDA

View Full Version : HARP game

rlutke
05-12-2009, 10:58 AM
Hey guys, I know we are scheduled for the 20th to start but I have a few questions. Has anyone found a place yet? What time? Are we going to make up characters the first session?

Thanks,
rlutke

kirksmithicus
05-12-2009, 11:19 PM
As far as I know, no. I can ask Ben over at the Original Game Shop on 51st and Memorial if we can play there, but I thought I would talk to Matt about it first and see if he had come up with anything.

I assume we would be making our characters at the first session. I don't know enough about the system to it myself. You can download the HARP lite (http://www.harphq.com/free_downloads/3000L_HarpLite.pdf) version of the game to check out the character creation if you want. It might give you an idea as to what type of character you want to create.

Also, here is a PDF version of a character sheet (http://www.harphq.com/free_downloads/CharSheets/2pg_form%20HARPCS.ColinSmith.pdf) you can fill out and print.

mattiyaho
05-13-2009, 06:02 PM
I have not found a place yet you could ask Ben ifyou want. I have some time tommorow I was going to go to a couple of places and see if we could get a table wednesday night. For creating characters you can draw up your own or i have seven pregenerated characters that you can pick from, whatever you want. I was thinking about starting at 7:00 or 6:30 I would like your opinion about what time is more convienient.

rlutke
05-14-2009, 07:37 AM
6:30 is better for me. I'll try to work up a character in the next week.

mattiyaho
05-15-2009, 12:11 PM
Ok I went around to a couple game stores and both closed at 7:00 so no luck. There is a great character generator here http://www.harphq.com/free_downloads/CharSheets/Maher.HARPCS_OpenOffice.zip
but it is for open office which is a free program I like it. I found this wednesday and have had a lot of fun with it. I made 9 characters with it in no time. You can download open office at openoffice.org

kirksmithicus
05-15-2009, 11:55 PM
Where did you go?

Also Kyle let me know yesterday that he won't be able to play. Also none of the guys from Ken's RM group have expressed any interest. So that just leaves us back with the three of us.

rlutke
05-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Bad news guys, I am out for this Wednesday. That means the next time I am free will be on the 3rd of June. However, I think I have found one more player for Wednesday nights. If he is a go, we might be able to game at his place. I will keep you informed over the next couple of weeks. Thanks.

mattiyaho
05-18-2009, 11:30 AM
I went by Casle Comics and games and Wizards asylum. If rlutke can't game wednesday maby we could meet at Gardners used books wednesday I know there is a coffe table with some cushy chairs around it somewere, they close later to I do believe, and Ken and Kirk can pick out characters or roll some up maby talk about the characters back stories get some preleminary things out of the way. I'm thinking of meating about 7:00 and just staying for 30 minutes or one hour depending on how much we want to talk. I can find a time I can get with rlutke and do the same or talk over the cell phone. Other wise we can shoot for starting the game June 3.
Also rlutke you were talking about rolling up a character. I was wondering what you wanted to roll up.
Also I don't have internet at home and tuesday is my birthday so I'm taking the day off to visit my grandparents, so if anyone has questions my cell will be the best way to reach me. I think I sent a PM with my number to Kirk and rlutke.

rlutke
05-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Happy Birthday Mattiyaho.

I was thinking of a Rogue or WarriorMage, but hadn't made up my mind yet.

kirksmithicus
05-19-2009, 11:41 PM
Yes, Happy Birthday. I was thinking about a Rogue, but I'm open to pretty much anything really.

mattiyaho
05-20-2009, 11:11 AM
Thankyou for wishing me a happy birthday. I knew someone would want a warrior mage. Warrior Mages are very uncommon in Cyradon the few that are around are members of the Pascalline order. Members of the order have a black briar rose tatto on their necks, und use a weapon as a spell casting focus if they don't have the weapon they are at a -10 to cast spells. They are dedicated to defending the Treaty Kingdoms, or the warrior mage profession may be handed down in a family over the generations. Rouges are my favorite profession in HARP and Rolemaster. I'll be at Gardners 7:00 tonight or a little before. I will see who ever shows up there.

kirksmithicus
05-21-2009, 12:03 AM
Was running a little late, wife, kid and all of that. Anyway I got there at about 7:15, but I guess you had left already.

mattiyaho
05-21-2009, 12:46 PM
I knew I should have waited a few more minutes I left about 7:15. Sorry

mattiyaho
05-27-2009, 03:58 PM
Anything to report on where we are going to play I'm still shooting for June 3rd. Also any word on the new player rlutke found.

kirksmithicus
05-28-2009, 12:07 AM
Well I talked to the guy that runs the T.O.G.s over on 51st and Memorial and he says they close at seven on Thursdays. Despite the fact that it was 7:15 and Thursday when I asked him. Mostly I got the impression he didn't want us to play there because he does not know me/us...*rolls eyes* So anyway that place is out and I don't know of any where else to try.

Also, I will probably not be able to make it on the 3rd. My wife has to go to a conference for work and will be out of town June 2nd through the 5th. So unless something changes at the last minute I'll either be out of town or at home with my son. I'd bring him, but he's two years old, and quite the handful. Sorry, I hope you guys can still get together and get started without me.

rlutke
05-28-2009, 06:29 AM
My friend is out on Wednesdays, which I should have known. However, he can do Tuesdays, if that night is good for anyone. Let me know and we can try to set something up for the 2nd or 9th, whichever works for kirksmithicus.

mattiyaho
05-29-2009, 11:44 AM
Tuesday is fne with me. What ever kirksmithicus can swing.

rlutke
06-02-2009, 12:00 PM
So, are we going to be able to meet this week? Has anyone been able to find a place?

mattiyaho
06-03-2009, 10:41 AM
No havn't found a place probably woln't meet this week and I think it will have to be tuesday that we play, maby it will be easyer to find a place then. If rlutke's friend which I will refer to as new guy can let us play at his place then we may be able to do the 9th.

rlutke
06-03-2009, 12:27 PM
I will check w/my friend to see if we can use his place. If kirksmithicus is available on Tuesdays, lets plan for that.

rlutke
06-10-2009, 12:38 PM
I talked w/kirksmithicus and he is not going to available for a while. I think this just drops us to two people, so I guess we will try to recruit and see what happens.

kirksmithicus
06-19-2009, 10:14 PM
Yep, I'm out for a while. The wife is in the hospital, but is currently stable, as is the baby. She has low amniotic fluid which is causing problems for the baby and they don't know how long they can keep her (the baby) in without it causing her problems. At the same time, they need to have her stay in so that she can develop a little more otherwise she will have problems caused by being born premature. They they are going to try and keep the baby in as long as possible by trying amniotic fluid injections. This however is very painful and very risky, i.e. it often backfires, ruptures the placenta, causes infections etc. In all likely hood the baby will probably be born next week or the week after and will spend the next 3-4 months in the NICU.

mattiyaho
06-23-2009, 01:08 PM
Sorry to hear about your wife and child my prayers are with you.

Jmkeylon
07-19-2009, 08:53 AM
Did this ever get off the ground?

rlutke
07-20-2009, 08:05 AM
Not yet. We are still trying to recruit players so we can start. If you are interested we can keep you informed.

Nir
02-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Put me in too. I'm an avid HARP fan even though I have hardly played it, mainly due to the invention of Pathfinder. But I do love the rules. So keep me informed too please.

mattiyaho
05-16-2011, 05:52 PM
I'm seeing if i we can finaly get this game going reply here if interested

jukimt
05-27-2011, 12:56 AM
I'm interested.

mattiyaho
05-27-2011, 01:17 PM
ok thats 2 Any one else interested

Nir
05-28-2011, 01:51 PM
Maybe? What are we talking about?