PDA

View Full Version : I have an idea for a book ... what do you think?

Oldgamer
05-08-2009, 05:42 PM
I don't know if this is the correct place to ask this, but here goes ...

It's been a dream of mine, sitting idly in the back of my mind for a while now ... to write a book. Fantasy with a D&D base but not setting specific. I thought I'd write about the life of one of my favorite characters that I've been playing for many years; an evil cleric of Arawn.

The idea of wanting to write a Fantasy novel has been stirred recently when I posted a little something about him on this site, I thought, "That's it!" Why not write about his life?

From birth to ... well he's not dead yet, but I could continue past his current predicament. His childhood to his early 20's would be all made up, and the rest, until now anyway, would be his adventures filled in with color of course. The game has been played by email for better than 10 years now, and it's 1st Ed (eek!) and he's done a lot.

So I was wondering what everyone thought of this idea ... please be kind, I've never written a novel before and I've seen some harsh critics on here :biggrin:

jade von delioch
05-08-2009, 06:10 PM
It would be interesting to see how an evil cleric became an evil cleric. I would imagine that they are not just born that way (unless its in their culture or something). If you can do it right i would think it would be a very successful book.

Oldgamer
05-08-2009, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the encouragement jade, he is somewhat (loosely) of a Damien from The Omen but he wont know it as Damien did. The order does know it though, and there will be jealous clerics that think they can step in the way of Arawn's plan along the way to his adulthood.

Also, for those on here who have published work ... any suggestions?