PDA

View Full Version : Who's the strongest?

Kaewin
05-08-2009, 08:35 AM
Hnads down if there were group of 5 mages, 5 Werewolves and 5 Vamps of about the same power level, who would be left standing?

MortonStromgal
05-08-2009, 11:24 AM
oWOD or nWOD?

and do the mages know there will be a fight? Cus mage = win if they do but without preptime they are toast.

Webhead
05-09-2009, 11:02 AM
Precisely. If we're talking about oWoD (I know very little about nWoD) and the Mages have any time at all to anticipate the fight or prepare, the Mages would clean up. Most likely they would simply defend themselves to buy time for the Werewolves and Vamps to knock each other around and then clean up whoever was left.

If the Mages had no forewarning, then it would probably come down to the Mages and the Werewolves, the wolves having enough sheer brute force and speed to finish things off.

Vampires are just too fragile. All you need is a box of matches...or a flame-spewing, demonic duck...;)

Mages rock.

Dimthar
05-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Well, depends on environment and what Clan/Tribe/Tradition we are talking about. And most important of all LEVEL. If Level 1:

Vamps are not fragile!, Werewolfs can regenerate and Vamps can spend blood points (regardless of tribe or clan), Mages who don't have the Life Sphere are toast.

You can always say that any damage from the Vamps claws/powers and Mages Effects will be aggravated, but then you are assuming none of the groups are going to use firearms. Mages worst enemy is not a Crinos or a Tremere, is an automatic weapon.

Preparation wouldn't be fair for the Werewolfs, trying to dodge fire from 10 dudes shooting silver bullets is a No-Win.

A Vamp can take a Mage on a One-one Melee, Fortitude (Can soak aggravated damage), Potence and Celerity are very well distributed across the Camarilla Clans. What is that Virtual Adept going to do with his 3 points of Correspondence? Run I guess.

Mages will earn Paradox Points like crazy.

I think the werewolfs are more into pack tactics and team work than Mages.

For me at Level 1 the Mages will be wiped out and the Werewolfs will prevail.

NOW! High Level ones ... that is a totally different story: the Mages RULE.

MortonStromgal
05-10-2009, 11:02 PM
Vampires are just too fragile. All you need is a box of matches...or a flame-spewing, demonic duck...;)

Not once they can spend multiple blood per turn... oWOD celerity + protean.... nasty, I go first I meld with the earth and pop up behind you slashing with my argo claws and then meld with earth again. Also high level of Fortitude(owod)/Resilence(nwod) make that flame spewing not matter so much.

Webhead
05-11-2009, 12:11 AM
Not once they can spend multiple blood per turn... oWOD celerity + protean.... nasty, I go first I meld with the earth and pop up behind you slashing with my argo claws and then meld with earth again. Also high level of Fortitude(owod)/Resilence(nwod) make that flame spewing not matter so much.

There's more than one way to flay a Vamp! :)

Yeah, Vamps can get nasty when configured properly. Still, in a equally-matched fight, they tend to have more vulnerabilities than Wolfies or prepared Mages. One of the main advantages of a Mage is their ability to deal with problems through means other than sheer "damage" capability. Correspondence, Spirit, Life and Mind are all great methods of removing or incapacitating enemies without having to inflict any harm on them. That's where the prepared-ness comes in. An experienced Mage aware of the danger is a force to be reckoned with. If a Vamp or Wolfie gets the drop on them though, they won't have enough time to do what they do best.

Also, their stored blood won't be any good if the Mage sucks it out of their body or turns it into cottage cheese. ;)

MortonStromgal
05-11-2009, 01:16 AM
Well like I said before Mages = Win with enough preptime, though with no preptime they may as well be mortals.

Wolf vs Vamp all depends on the build. The Wolf tends to win dot for dot but certain combos... I remember playing Werewolf and all 5 of us having a rough go at a Gangrel who while not a low generation vamp had learned celerity... I think he killed 2 or 3 of us and everyone left was badly injured.

Webhead
05-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Yes, how the Wolf/Vamp/Mage is built is ultimately what it comes down to, along with how well they work together with their compatriots.

I actuality, most Mages would prefer to flee rather than combat them if caught unprepared, and most Vamps would prefer to lure the Wolves into a trap or toward larger numbers than risk getting torn up in one-on-one.

It's kinda like my issue with the whole flawed premise behind the History Channel special "Spartan versus Ninja". It assumes you throwing both parties into an "arena" type situation which is not a realistic or reasonable condition. There, the Spartan clearly has the advantage (because that's the kind of warfare he is trained for and the ninja has lost the element of surprise). The ninja's skill is in never being detected by his opponent until it is too late, thus allowing no opportunity for defense. Still, it was entertaining if only because it included both the words "Spartan" and "Ninja" in the same sentence.

templeorder
05-11-2009, 09:13 PM
My votes on the werewolves. My experience, all things considered, in a stand up fight the wolf brothers have it. I've seen cracked out vamps take amazing punishment and dish it out too, but i've never seen anyone crack out a brute force warrior like a werewolf can be done.

Kaewin
07-29-2009, 10:09 AM
You are right that it does depend on the power level, once a mage hits is stride they can be unbeatable. Of course any good mage puts his armor on at the beginning of the day....