PDA

View Full Version : Tell Us What You Think!

PnP News Bot
05-05-2009, 02:21 PM
http://www.wizards.com/books/images/dnd_logo_small.jpg

Check out this new article Wizards of the Coast posted recently:

Tell Us What You Think! (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4news/20090505)

Wed like to learn about your experiences with D&D and Dungeon Mastering.... (More)

Otakar
05-05-2009, 10:35 PM
I have to take surveys at work all the time but I didn't mind this one. I recommend that you take is as it asks what site we came from. I proudly proclaimed P&PG! Maybe they'll send Farcaster a "Thank You" card. :laugh:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-05-2009, 10:50 PM
Okay. I took the quiz and credited penandpapergames.com

Sending a 2nd 'Thank You' card to Farcaster

Oldgamer
05-06-2009, 02:06 PM
On one of the questions, I believe it was "How many sessions do you DM in a month", you can't say over 10 or it wont recognize it and the page loops back telling you to pick a number between 0 and 100 ... I thought 15 was one of those ... my bad. So I tried 14, 13, 12, 11 ...none worked...10 did though. They railroaded their own survey! :lol:

Farcaster
05-06-2009, 03:08 PM
Survey taken.

Good catch, Otakar :biggrin: I'm adding this to the front page to encourage everyone to go take the survey.

yukonhorror
05-06-2009, 03:10 PM
i tried, but it crashed on me. I guess I'll try again.

stormytyca
05-06-2009, 04:17 PM
I call discrimination on that survey. They are only letting you answer in relation to 4e. I play in 2 games right now, currently, and neither class is on their list for the PC section of the survey... which means, they don't care about people who still play 1, 2, 3, or 3.5e...

yukonhorror
05-06-2009, 04:52 PM
yes, but you can at least put in where you linked to the survey (via penandpapergames.com)

Baron_Samedi
05-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Survey complete;

Perhaps its the overwhelming negativity within me, but i'm a little concerned with the survey. Its worrysome that WotC seems to have adopted an interest in what players want.

Dark
05-06-2009, 05:40 PM
I call discrimination on that survey. They are only letting you answer in relation to 4e. I play in 2 games right now, currently, and neither class is on their list for the PC section of the survey... which means, they don't care about people who still play 1, 2, 3, or 3.5e...
Agreed but that is the way of WOTC they do it with each previous edition and change the subject when asked about it.
--- Merged from Double Post ---

Survey complete;

Perhaps its the overwhelming negativity within me, but I'm a little concerned with the survey. Its worrisome that WotC seems to have adopted an interest in what players want.Seriously do you think they give a toss about what players want?:lol:

Genesplicer
05-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Survey done, PP&G credited.

I call discrimination on that survey. They are only letting you answer in relation to 4e. I play in 2 games right now, currently, and neither class is on their list for the PC section of the survey... which means, they don't care about people who still play 1, 2, 3, or 3.5e...At least they did have a question which asked which eddition you played.

Deadone
05-06-2009, 06:56 PM
Agreed but that is the way of WOTC they do it with each previous edition and change the subject when asked about it.
Seriously do you think they give a toss about what players want?:lol:
True that.

Windstar
05-06-2009, 07:50 PM
i took and also said P&P Games. But though they may not like what everyone has to say atleast in my view they are putting forth an effort. Which is what is important, and I did not feel it was strictly 4e, I remember them asking what edition I played.

:cool::cool:

Talmek
05-06-2009, 09:37 PM
Survey taken, with P&PG mentioned as the referring website. I answered the question, "Why aren't you playing 4e yet" with about five different responses: However they didn't have a solution for not having enough players.

BrotherDog
05-07-2009, 02:59 AM
I too gave credit to this fine site when I did the survey.

i took and also said P&P Games. But though they may not like what everyone has to say atleast in my view they are putting forth an effort. Which is what is important, and I did not feel it was strictly 4e, I remember them asking what edition I played.

:cool::cool:

Looks are always deceiving when dealing these particular people.

Survey taken, with P&PG mentioned as the referring website. I answered the question, "Why aren't you playing 4e yet" with about five different responses: However they didn't have a solution for not having enough players.

They had a "Not enough players" option on mine. ???. Are there different versions of the survey? I wonder. I would never use that answer anyway, as it would imply an interest in 4e. I also stated my dislike of 4e, it being too expensive, the exclusion of my favorite stuff, the lack of ballance...

stormytyca
05-07-2009, 03:10 AM
Survey done, PP&G credited.
At least they did have a question which asked which eddition you played.

yeah... after asking what race and class you normally play... which all were from 4e, and didn't include any that weren't carried over from 3.5 to 4.

BrotherDog
05-07-2009, 03:31 AM
yeah... after asking what race and class you normally play... which all were from 4e, and didn't include any that weren't carried over from 3.5 to 4.

No such question was on my survey at all. !?!?!?!. What gives?

Skunkape
05-07-2009, 08:03 AM
Filled out the survey, not sure they'll like some of my responses.

cplmac
05-07-2009, 11:36 AM
Survey taken, and another plug added for P&PG, to include that I stated that I run an online game here as well as play a PC in another also.

stormytyca
05-08-2009, 03:04 AM
No such question was on my survey at all. !?!?!?!. What gives?

I'm starting to think they change the survey from person to person just to keep any possible problems from being noticed by more than one individual.

nijineko
05-08-2009, 06:58 PM
survey completed.

i imagine that the suits at hasbro issue the corporate decrees about profits per quarter, and wotc has to pony up to the goals. in any case, it makes business sense to go for the most profits, or where and what they think will generate profits.

jade von delioch
05-09-2009, 04:55 PM
I wish they had a note box so i could "really" tell them what i think.

It is becoming apparent in this country that what makes profit tends to be crap. And what i mean by that is that it has no substance and can't hold water. Does it make you think} no, Do you learn anything from it} no, Do you learn more about yourself through it} no. Is it enjoyable} only in the most mindless sense.

BrotherDog
05-10-2009, 04:52 AM
I wish they had a note box so i could "really" tell them what i think.

It is becoming apparent in this country that what makes profit tends to be crap. And what i mean by that is that it has no substance and can't hold water. Does it make you think} no, Do you learn anything from it} no, Do you learn more about yourself through it} no. Is it enjoyable} only in the most mindless sense.

Wow. Such poetry and intellectual candy for my starving brain. ;;D

Nocturne
05-13-2009, 03:05 PM
Took the survey plugged ol' P&PG, had the questions about which edition I play, told them, also got to tell them why I don't play 4E, including the fact that I know no one who likes it, and how we decided to switch to Pathfinder after trying 4E. Think D&D5.0 will be out soon?

Bob the Dalek
05-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Looks like the survey is closed. I tried to take it today.

cigamnogard
05-22-2009, 05:44 PM
This survey is closed.

Took the survey plugged ol' P&PG, had the questions about which edition I play, told them, also got to tell them why I don't play 4E, including the fact that I know no one who likes it, and how we decided to switch to Pathfinder after trying 4E. Think D&D5.0 will be out soon?

Cool! That's exactly what I was going to say! Well except I do know a few people that play it and like it but the majority...no.

Survey complete;

Perhaps its the overwhelming negativity within me, but i'm a little concerned with the survey. Its worrysome that WotC seems to have adopted an interest in what players want.

Please explain.

MrFrost
05-26-2009, 08:05 AM
I hope 5th is not due out any time soon, i mean really what happened to the days when an edition laster 6-10 years before then next? Just another ploy for our money.

cigamnogard
05-26-2009, 07:37 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

BrotherDog
05-27-2009, 04:18 AM
Arrgh, sumptin be smellin'o bad fish and moldy pears, I say.