PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Super Movie Character

Kaewin
05-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Out of all of the characters in the super hero movie which do you think is the best?

I'm going to go with the Joker from the Dark Knight.

For hero its going to be Roarshach, I loved the way they portrayed him. It was pretty faithful to the comic.

Webhead
05-07-2009, 11:43 PM
Though not exactly what I would call a "super hero movie", I would also have to go with Rorschach from Watchmen. Not only was his film adaptation strikingly faithful but the character himself has always fascinated me. Some of Rorschach's lines are among the best lines in the entire story.

"...there is Good and there is Evil, and Evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I shall not compromise in this."

"...Felt dark planet turn under my feet and knew what cats know that makes them scream like babies in the night. Looked at sky through smoke heavy with human fat and God was not there. The cold, suffocating dark goes on forever and we are alone."

LAST CRUSADER
05-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Really Don't get to watch a lot of movies, and I'm not sure if animated movies count; but if they do Ill pick Captain America from Ultimate Avengers, as the hero and the Hulk from Ultimate avengers as the villain. If animated movies don't count then I'll pick Mr Lee from Enter the Dragon as the Hero and Pinhead from Hellraiser as the villain

Dytrrnikl
05-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Heroes are not vigilantes that follow the mantra "the ends justifies the means". They are criminals plain and simple - Rorshach, Batman.

Superman all the way!!!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-12-2009, 07:48 PM
Out of all of the characters in the super hero movie which do you think is the best?

I'm going to go with the Joker from the Dark Knight.

For hero its going to be Roarshach, I loved the way they portrayed him. It was pretty faithful to the comic.
Can we vote on the same character? Put me down for the Joker, too.

Windstar
05-12-2009, 08:34 PM
Heroes are not vigilantes that follow the mantra "the ends justifies the means". They are criminals plain and simple - Rorshach, Batman.

Superman all the way!!!

Wholeheartedly disagree, Batman has always been a hero, even long ago at the begining. My vote goes for Batman as the hero and Joker as the villian.

:cool::cool:

Webhead
05-12-2009, 09:54 PM
...Superman all the way!!!

I love Supes, but there is not one of the "movie" versions of the character that I like much (yes, even the legendary Christopher Reeve). My favorite version of Supes probably comes down to his version from the Justice League animated series. And actually...my favorite version of Batman comes from the Batman Animated Series of the early 90's. None of the "movie" versions of Batman can hold a candle to Bruce Timm and Kevin Conroy's rendition.

Dytrrnikl
05-13-2009, 12:18 AM
Webhead, I agree that the movie versions of Superman have fallen short, though elements are in each of them that come close, if not spot on. My favorite portrayal of Superman comes from the made for TV adaptation of The World's Finest or whatever it was called, with the assemble cast of all the DC superheroes.

As for Batman, he's a little too close to crossing the line for my liking. willing to let someone die, even if it's the villain. However, he's always been portrayed as having a well-defined and definitive moral outlook. I just always viewed him (even though he's been around considerably longer) as being The Punisher Light...and the Punisher is a down and out murdering thug, nothing heroic whatsoever with that one.

Webhead
05-13-2009, 12:38 AM
...As for Batman, he's a little too close to crossing the line for my liking. willing to let someone die, even if it's the villain. However, he's always been portrayed as having a well-defined and definitive moral outlook. I just always viewed him (even though he's been around considerably longer) as being The Punisher Light...and the Punisher is a down and out murdering thug, nothing heroic whatsoever with that one.

This is the very reason why the rendition of Batman from the 90's animated series still sticks with me. It really emphasized how Batman distinguished himself as a hero because he refused to do such things. He would not kill the villain because doing so would make him into the very thing he was fighting. In fact, many of the best villains of the show turn out to be tragic characters; people that Bruce sympathizes with on some level and wants to "redeem" them rather than simply kill them. The origin episodes for Two-Face, Mr. Freeze and Clayface being some of the best. If you've not seen them, you really need to. Nothing else has so thoroughly solidified my concept of Batman as a heroic character.

I never cared for the Punisher. I understand his motivation, but never cared for the character.
--- Merged from Double Post ---

...My favorite portrayal of Superman comes from the made for TV adaptation of The World's Finest or whatever it was called, with the assemble cast of all the DC superheroes...

You're not by chance talking about DC: New Frontier are you? Though Supes' presence in the story was pretty minimal, it was most definately a spot-on characterization.

Panthro82
05-13-2009, 03:09 AM
Yea Spider-man started that trend, of villains the reader sympathized with because they were really good people who had just fallen on bad times and were in the wrong place. That is why Spider-Man will always be my all-time fav. He not only had to uphold justice and peace, but he had to deal with the conflictions of fighting people who were good people who had just run into a string of bad luck and made some bad decisions. This confliction, mixed with his own, made the comics amazing to me. It was the first set of comics that felt personal. Like the characters lept off the pages for me. It was hard to not feel emotions when reading those comics.

Webhead
05-13-2009, 08:19 PM
Yea Spider-man started that trend, of villains the reader sympathized with because they were really good people who had just fallen on bad times and were in the wrong place. That is why Spider-Man will always be my all-time fav. He not only had to uphold justice and peace, but he had to deal with the conflictions of fighting people who were good people who had just run into a string of bad luck and made some bad decisions. This confliction, mixed with his own, made the comics amazing to me. It was the first set of comics that felt personal. Like the characters lept off the pages for me. It was hard to not feel emotions when reading those comics.

Indeed. That is one of the reasons why Spidey has always been one of my faves as well.

Panthro82
05-14-2009, 12:06 AM
I sincerely hope that in the 4th Spider-Man movie Curt Conners is the main villain as Lizard Man. That to me was the most gut wrenching storyline in the entire series. Plus he has been in all of the first 3 films so far so they have kind of made it easy to feature him in the 4th.

magic-rhyme
06-21-2009, 10:53 PM
Favorite character from superhero movies? EDNA MODE of The Incredibles!

Favorite live action superhero interpretation is probably Toby Maguire as Spider-Man -- despite annoying changes in Mary Jane Watson, this first film captured both the wahooooo! joy and the dark angst of the comic books perfectly.

Overall favorite superhero interpretation from the movies would be The Batman in Mask of The Phantom.

Now, for favorite character from a live action superhero television series, I have only one thing to say:

O' Mighty Isis!

templeorder
06-21-2009, 11:14 PM
Best...Batman....Ever
http://www.theforce.net/fanfilms/nonsw/batman_deadend/index.asp
- I'm going with this one.

I have yet to see a super hero done to my taste. I want to see Green Arrow. The Iron Movie captured a good Tony Stark, but there's something missing. But, love him or not, Chris Reeve nailed the original superman and catapulted the genre forward. I'll choose that just because without it, the rest may never have seen the light of day, at least not in the same time frame.