PDA

View Full Version : In Game Thread



Pages : [1] 2

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-02-2009, 07:32 PM
The next morning, you are greeted by some of Chobry's more experienced troops. They show you to the common room.

As you all gather in the great room, you are met by Hroald, Chobry's lieutenant and commander of today's watch. He is a veteran adventurer; of what variety, you cannot immediately tell by looking at him. While (like Chobry the night before) he is decked out in full armor, he seems oddly, more at ease in his armor. Like it is part of him.

He bids you good morning and shows you to the table. Cold, gamey chicken with stale bread, too-fresh cheese and watered-down beer. Even the "well to do" in Elder Daven are not eating well these days.

Hroald is a story-teller and a bit of a braggart, but not to the point that it is annoying. His early days were spent in the Sin Lord's army as a conscript. He defected after a particularly gruesome assignment and wandered for a while.
"That's when I heard of Chobry. I've been with him for…nigh on 30 years now."

Manimal6
05-02-2009, 07:43 PM
Ely is rather disturbed on hearing he fought in Lord Sin's army. Will defenitly be keeping an eye on him.

Tyg
05-02-2009, 08:07 PM
Walter absorbs the story quietly, ruefully reflecting on how many did what they "must" to survive under the Sin Lords. Hroald's defection seemed to show some moral sense at least, provided the story was true.

Panthro82
05-03-2009, 12:38 AM
Rana for the first time since he has set foot in this place is at ease after hearing this information and his mind is racing with good possibilities. Rana would consider him before now as misguided and unsure of where he fit into lifes grand schemes, which is something Rana can relate to greatly. He thinks that this is a major advantage for us. If the sin lord is in fact who did this to Ely's mother then Hroald has inside information that could be incredibly advantageous to our cause. (I would definitely say this quietly to Ely, knowing that he would be suspicious of Hroald)

Manimal6
05-03-2009, 10:45 AM
Ely: I am all for information about Mother, let's see what he knows.

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-03-2009, 07:37 PM
I would definitely say this quietly to Ely, knowing that he would be suspicious of Hroald

I am all for information about Mother, let's see what he knows.

(As DM) Alright then. Ask away.

Manimal6
05-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Ely: Where did you operate when in the service of the Sin Lord?
sense motive

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-04-2009, 07:59 AM
OUT OF GAME
(take out the periods)
[.roll.=.".1d20.".]The description text for your roll[./.roll.]
So that to roll a d20, it would show up like this
Sense Motive
Remember to add any modifiers to your roll "1d20+3" or "1d6-2" or whatever.

Try again
--- Merged from Double Post ---

Ely: Where did you operate when in the service of the Sin Lord?
sense motive
Hroald - Perhaps you have heard of the Naga War? It is really a series of skirmishes with only one pitched battle.
As I am sure you are aware of, Saithith, being a vampire, disliked running water. As such, he employed massive armies of workers to dam, divert and otherwise modify nearly every major river and stream in Daven.
In 8162, the very year Valanduil and Bartarius slew him with Oakheart, my company was sent to provide military cover for such an army of workers in the Southwood.
Barely a week into the work, we started losing entire crews of men. They just wouldn't return.
We typically had defectors (they were, after all, slaves to Saithith, may he rot). But this was exceptional. The guards assigned to them would disappear, too. This was less common, as undead, Dark Folk or both were assigned to watch over every squad.
We were sent out to hunt down the defectors.
It ended up being water naga's and their merfolk allies from down the river in Great Daven Lake.
They were killing the dark folk and freeing the slaves.
The nagas and merfolk harried us and worked against us for months. The one battle we fought them was statistically even. But they won. The merfolk never left the water, pummeling us with crossbow bolts from the middle of the river. The nagas were using their magic to great effect with their barrages of magical missiles and sweeping use of sleep spells.
We would wade into the river and find our legs and feet being attacked from the mud and muck. Once we tried to retreat up the banks, we found we had been flanked by two or three nests of Dark Nagas...who, up to this point, we had not encountered. They must have come out to support their brethern.
It was at this point that the few of us left carried out our final orders.
On our way out of the river, we dropped capsules in.
Poison capsules.
We broke though down river and made camp a day's forced march away, where the river met Great Daven Lake. As I sat on watch that night, I saw the bodies start to float up. The fish first, they were small. They were on the banks when I arrived on watch. During my shift...the children. Mrefolk children. Then their grandparents. Then their parents. Entire settlements were dead.

I swam across the river that night, prefering to die of my own poison over being in the service, forced or no, of this unholy abomination any longer.

I know. I know I could have left. I could have not followed orders. But they numb you. First it is perimeter security while they "put down a rebellion". Then it is guarding "rebels". Then it is "putting down rebellions". Then it is executing "rebels". Before you know it, you don't have a soul anymore. Every once in a while, your conscience creeps on you. You want to stop. But now, you are in too deep. Nevermind that, you are afraid of what will happen. You have participated in the torture of defectors from the army. You know what they end up being. Death is better than that.

He stares hard at the wall.

Ely - PM me to get the results of your roll.

Panthro82
05-04-2009, 02:03 PM
Rana: Hroald, what matters most is that you are on the side of good now. Your past was necessary to make your resolve to abolish the Dark lords as powerful as it is today. You may not be proud of what you have done, but know that youre a valuable asset to our side. The knowledge you posses of them gives us an advantage! Did you have any experiences with any of the other Lords?

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-04-2009, 02:38 PM
Hroald -
I wandered the river basin between the Endless Well and the Arudun River for years. I learned the ways of the semi-nomadic warrior tribes of that wilderness. Most people would not want to settle there. But I'll tell you one thing. There aren't any living dead there, either. The tribes coagulated breifly to destroy that scourge. Lying as it does between two rivers, it is one of the least infested places in Farland.

It was on such a mission that I first heard the name Chobry Von Schultz. And it was on such a mission that first met the man.

Panthro82
05-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Rana(saying this loudly enough for all to hear and trying not to think about what Hroald just said about Chobry because it was slightly sketchy): Hroald, We found evil relics in Ely's home recently and we believe a ceremony was performed there while we were away. It was while Ely's troop were here visiting with Chobry. Only his mother was home, and the next door neighbor saw her wonder off with an object tucked under her clothes as dusk was approaching. The neighbor commented that Ely's mother looked pale. Might you have any insight?

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-04-2009, 03:10 PM
His brow furrows thoughtfully.
No. I have none.

He looks at Ely.

Nate, roll Sense Motive again.

p.s.
That means, add your modifiers in the roll.

Panthro82
05-04-2009, 03:17 PM
Rana: Hroald, You mean Chobry was on the mission with you?(confused, and slightly concerned about who we are dealing with now)(whispers to Ely, We need to keep a very close eye on Chobry) Sense Motive May we speak with the priestess now?

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-04-2009, 03:27 PM
Chobry? No. As far as I know -and I know more about him than anyone excpet maybe Erline- he never served as a conscript for Sainthith. I met him in the Plains of Aldradin (OUT OF GAME: The wedge of land between the Endless Well and the Arudun River) while fighting by the side of the semi-nomadic tribes living there.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Rana, Hroald stared at Ely, looking as if he pitied him.

Panthro82
05-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Rana: OH! Hroald I missunderstood you. You were helping the nomads AFTER you defected from the sin lord. I didnt mean to question lord Chobry, I just missunderstood the situation. Part of why we are here is to have the priestess help us understand these relics we have and gain insight into what it is we are up against. Ely's mother is a great woman, and we need all the information we can gain in hopes of saving her.

Tyg
05-04-2009, 04:31 PM
Breaking his silence, Walter leaned into the conversation he had been watching.

Walter: (nodding, after Rana spoke) It wouldn't be right to leave be the potential danger to such a woman after those disturbing finds...

But back to your story for a moment, Hroald. Both you and Chobry were fighting alongside the northern tribes when you met? Seems they left you impressed.

sense motive

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-04-2009, 06:06 PM
Tyg, you are lucky to understand that Hroald might have a motive at all.

Manimal6
05-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Ely studies Hroad through the story
[noparse][roll=1d20+8]Sense Motive[\roll][\noparse]
Whisper to Rana. You better start giving me some good reasons about why you don't trust Chorby, the man who was resonsible for saving my life, so much.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
[roll=1d20+8]Sense Motive[\roll]

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Put quotes around the 1d20+8 and you are good to go

Manimal6
05-04-2009, 07:54 PM
Sense Motive[\roll]
--- Merged from Double Post ---
[roll="d20+8]sense motive

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-04-2009, 09:09 PM
Rana, Ely...play this one out.

Panthro82
05-05-2009, 02:15 AM
Rana(quietly to Ely): I missunderstood what he(Hroald) was saying and the look he gave you. It came off to me at first as if he and Chobry had worked together on the side of the Sin Lord and perhaps he was concerned with Chobry himself. Like he now questioned Chobrys intentions. Mix that in with Chobry confusing you for a woman, and your men staying here with two men who potentially "used" to work with the Sin Lord and at the same exact time there is an evil ritual at your home and your unguarded mother disappears? It all seems too connected to me. Maybe I am wrong. I am not used to the kind of behavior I have seen since I left the Summervale. All this treachery and evil is not something I am accustomed to. It makes me very leery. Why were contracted assassins trying to kill you? And how did they know where you were? Why did Chobry confuse you for a woman? I was right there and I could only think of two things. 1) It was a form of dissrespect, like he was marking his territory. Or 2) Something very strange. It didnt seem like a mistake. I don't know. I feel like someone here had the information that your mother was unguarded, because all of your troop was here. For some reason I think that Hroald can be trusted. Which leaves someone else here who is possibly a spy. It could be anyone of the guard. Theres just something about Chobry that doesnt add up to me since he referred to you as a lady. And if one of them is in fact a spy for the Sin lord we are seeking out. Then we need to find them before we leave here, because any advantage we gain here is lost if a spy can relay that we are coming.

Sense motive Chobry

Manimal6
05-05-2009, 08:37 AM
It wasn't as if we or my men were being secretive when we left our family home. The spy could be anywhere along the route. It's not like we quitetly passed through towns on our way. The Thieves Guild, the ones responsible for my attempted assassination, I am sure have every resource to track us. And I am don't think Mother is an innocent party in all of this. She sent them all away on her own order. I am not totaly removing the possiblity of a spy being amoung anywhere. I do think whatever action you take it should not isolate the only potential allies we have in this whole Damned country.

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-05-2009, 08:45 AM
Mid-discussion, you are interrupted.
Gold-threaded robes, those of an acolyte of Reeanan, adorn a woman of surpassing beauty. The scowl on her face detract from her pleasant features though and you are immediately drawn to her companion. In shining mithral plate worked with gold filigree, a man of impressive build and stature shines as a beacon of protection. On his chest is a sun haloed by a blue field.
She stares directly at Vilhelm, ignoring the rest of the room.
"The Oath Protector is expecting you."
--- Merged from Double Post ---


Sense motive Chobry
You sense nothing worth noting.

Manimal6
05-05-2009, 03:53 PM
Ely rises and waits for Vilhelm.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Ely rises and waits for Vilhelm.

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-05-2009, 04:33 PM
(We'll have to wait until we can do this live, I guess)

Panthro82
05-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Rana(quietly to Ely): I'm not trying to turn away our allies. I am simply stating that erring on the side of caution is a good option in these times based on everything that has happened recently. Your life was just almost taken. It is not wise to just openly give everyone your back. Plus how can you be so quick to judge your own mother as a villain? You snap at me for being concerned about the intentions of these people we have never met before, yet in the same sentence you cast suspicion on your own mother? This woman gave birth to you, raised you properly, and cared for you all of these years! She has only treated all of us with respect and care. I am suprised at how quick youre to accept strangers and cast out your own flesh and blood!

Manimal6
05-05-2009, 10:38 PM
Don't speak about Mother, leave that to me. The only reason we are here instead of tracking her down and finding out exactly what is going on is you.

Tyg
05-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Hearing the quiet, near whispered discussion rise in tension, Walter turns to Rana and Ely, his voice very low and soft.

"We are unlikely to be very effective at tracking down people or information with loud whispers. We are here now, and can come to a consensus later... when we are not among an audience."

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-10-2009, 06:00 PM
Everybody who has ranks in Geography, roll.
(by the way...who brought home which characters???)

Tyg
05-11-2009, 05:07 AM
Walter and Heinrich reflect on geography, as a contrasting outdoorsy-ranger and bookish-mage Odd Couple.

Heinrich's Geography Check

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-11-2009, 10:37 PM
Walter slowly comes to the realization that

maybe

they

might

be

off track.

Crap.

Panthro82
05-14-2009, 03:59 PM
Rana: Heinrich is there anything that can be done? Can you determine how far off course we are? Or do we go back to the last place that we knew we were on track?

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-14-2009, 04:35 PM
Who has Heinrich...can they email it to tumblingdice?

Steve...jump on in.

Panthro82
05-15-2009, 02:35 PM
Paul does, but...


"Steve's not here man"


Wilhelm: Well we were on the right track when we approached the field, so we couldn't be too far off....Shouldn't we have been approaching a town soon? Where is that located in reguards to where we were as we approached that field?

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-15-2009, 03:45 PM
(Steve is tumblingdice is new guy)
Since Paul is being a slacker (finals?) I'll pull Heinrich's weight.


-----
Heinrich flips through his notes on the local flora and fauna that he has been noticing on their travels through the southern planes.

Hmmm...
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Heinrich stops the group one night as dawn breaks:
Between Walter and I, I have determined that we are about two or three days off track. The only sure way we know to get to Baronsdoom is to follow the Baronsdoom River north. So I suggest we travel due west until we arrive at the river. By traveling at about half-speed, I can almost certainly forage and hunt enough food for all of us.

Does anyone have any thoughts or gripes?


(we're going with the first die roll...I don't know why it automatically rerolls the dice)

Panthro82
05-15-2009, 05:17 PM
Rana: No, and I would be happy to help you with the foraging and hunting Heinrich. Living in the deeper, more secluded woods of the Summervale most of my life I have become quite good at it myself!(+6 survival)

(P.S. Ben I think it does that everytime you edit a message in which you rolled a virtual die)

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-15-2009, 05:44 PM
Rana - Roll survival

Panthro82
05-15-2009, 05:46 PM
Rana survival check

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-15-2009, 05:49 PM
You have more food and shelter that you can possibly use in a day. (Four or five days' worth, in fact)

Panthro82
05-15-2009, 05:54 PM
Rana: Now if only I could forage a good book....

Manimal6
05-15-2009, 06:52 PM
Ely follows the advice and leadership of people more suited in such matters.

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-15-2009, 06:58 PM
Heinrich -
We travel west on the setting sun.

Panthro82
05-15-2009, 08:18 PM
Rana: sounds good. If anyone needs rations I am more than happy to give them to you, seeing as how I planned ahead and bought 10 days worth in addition to the 4 or 5 days worth I just foraged. (Rana will look to offer up food especially to Carol and the two troops that were assigned to us by Chobry. He feels bad about the way he talked to the female who wanted to stop and rest, and he feels gratitude towards Carol)

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-15-2009, 08:47 PM
She smiles at you and pushes her past you.
"I have my own rations.

"And by the way, your foraged food that you foraged? It won't last."
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Kyril:
I thank you kindly for the offer of food and sustenance, kind Elhan. But, rest assured, I have brought enough rations to last me. quite a while.

Tyg
05-15-2009, 10:53 PM
Walter, to Rana: "Forgive my inexperience, but might we dry or smoke your catch with what fuel and time we have?"

Panthro82
05-15-2009, 11:30 PM
Rana: Absolutely. This way we save our rations we bought for times when we might really need it. (verns oil might come in handy now :) ) Does anyone know anything about Baronsdoom? I obviously have never been there and I wonder what kind of town it is?

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-16-2009, 10:03 AM
Everybody who has RANKS (knowledges, you must have Ranks) in Knowledge (local) and is from Daven (or lived there a large portion of their life) roll.


---Paul...take Heinrich back...at least until Steve shows up---

Manimal6
05-16-2009, 11:44 AM
Ely:Rolls Knowledge:Nobility
Briallara:Knowledge:History
Knowledge:Local

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-16-2009, 12:04 PM
Frankenpoop!
Why didn't your rolls show up? Grr. I kill computer now.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
While pausing for a day to smoke the foraged, hunted and caught rations, you are approached by a woman. She wears a bright yellow robe and carries a javelin. She is the most beautiful woman any of you have ever seen.

Woman - Well and truly met, kind travellers. What might a lonely traveller such as myslef do to earn a rest beside your fire?

Panthro82
05-16-2009, 03:27 PM
Rana: I believe we haven't gotten your name?(smiles, as he extends his hand to greet her) What brings you to this area?


Sense Motive sexy lady

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-16-2009, 03:47 PM
You sense nothing but the best of intentions.
Extends her hand, palm down, as if for you to kiss her rings.
Woman - The name mine mother bestowed upon me is Jayen. (Pronounced Jae-yen)

Panthro82
05-16-2009, 03:56 PM
Rana: Will oblige her and take her hand and (go through the motion of kissing her rings). We have enough for everyone to eat and sit by the fire.

Wilhelm, History check
& Nature check of area leading up to and around Baronsdoom?

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-16-2009, 04:07 PM
Nate...reroll, please

Manimal6
05-16-2009, 05:51 PM
Ely:Rolls Knowledge:Nobility
Briallara:Knowledge:History
Knowledge:Local[/quote]
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Briallara watches Jayen's every move.
Ely: What Church are you from?
Sense Motive

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-16-2009, 06:28 PM
Jayen looks Ely over and smiles slightly.

"Attendant, my assumption that thy art an Attendant Sword Bearer is well-founded, yes?
Attendant, to you, I am Marshal Brigade Commander of Heshtail's Shattered Jewel Army."


Ely, you think long and hard about the Nobility of Baronsdoom. Last you knew, an evil man by the name of Andrew McGillam had claimed the Barony for his own.

Brillara, you think long and hard about the local history and history in general. You know that Baronsdoom and it's twin city, Victoria have long been contested between Orland and Daven, with both cities changing hands numerous times. As for recent history, you know that shortly after the fall of Saithith, McGillam raised an army of ne'er do wells and took Baronsdoom in a bloodless coup.

Ely, you sense that you had better take a knee and rise at attention.

Panthro82
05-16-2009, 06:36 PM
Wilhelm: We are fortunate to have such company! It is a shame we have nothing more to offer you. (Bows deeply) Please, sit by the fire.

Knowledge:Religion check for Heshtail's Shattered Jewel Army

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-16-2009, 06:37 PM
It is an archaic term.
Nurion is old Alatarian (elven) for Shattered Jewel. Heshtail's Shattered Jewel Army is the name given to the last Crusade endeavored upon by Heshtail and Reeanan's followers.

Manimal6
05-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Ely bows and takes a knee. He rise at attention. What are your order, Ma'am?

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-16-2009, 07:26 PM
My orders art not for thine ears at this time.
Simply rise and stand at the position of honor (describe to me exactly how this is done...whatever you do to stand at a position of honor...her honor...is fine, just make it nice and militaristic)

Manimal6
05-16-2009, 07:50 PM
One stands/rides on the shield side and slightly behind the higher ranking member. At the first sign of danger one takes up defensive posistions infrom of higher ranking member. One speaks only when spoken to or give permission to speak.

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-16-2009, 07:54 PM
One speaks only when spoken to? Period? Or just in direct regards to the higher ranking member?

Write this code down.

Manimal6
05-16-2009, 07:58 PM
Speak only when spoken to by the high ranking member. When spoken to by anyone else, the high ranking member must give your permission to answer them.

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-16-2009, 08:23 PM
Jayen - Good. And to the business at hand.

She sits almost as if floating to the ground.
And the meal this fine dawn is what?

Panthro82
05-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Rana: Oh, nothing special unfortunately. Just some things I foraged earlier. Four good sized rabbits and some edible berries I found nearby.

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-16-2009, 08:47 PM
Elhan, it smells of the heavens themselves.

Where is it that your party is headed? (she looks everyone in the eye, including Ely)

Manimal6
05-16-2009, 08:55 PM
The Stonewall Mountains, Ma'am.

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-16-2009, 09:00 PM
The Stonewall Mountains, says you? And what dost thou seek in such rugged terrain as Belos rapidly approaches?

-She daintly, but not unshyly tears a piece of rabbit from the bone and chews it between comments-

Manimal6
05-16-2009, 09:02 PM
An abandoned castle, Ma'am. The name escapes me at this time.

Panthro82
05-16-2009, 09:35 PM
Wilhelm: Yes we are going to procure items from the castle that are needed in the fight against evil my lady

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-16-2009, 09:38 PM
WHICH evil? There is so much evil around that I can barely sit without it getting in the way.

Manimal6
05-16-2009, 09:40 PM
Ma'am, we were sent by Oath Protector Harnet, of Elder Daven. These are said to be able to clear of streets, and hopefully the surrounding land, of the undead.

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-16-2009, 09:42 PM
Truly a worthy endeavor. And yet, you cannot remember the name of this ruined bastion of old?

Manimal6
05-16-2009, 09:47 PM
No, Ma'am. I belive Keiral(sp?) does, though.

Panthro82
05-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Rana: It is said to be haunted and have many strange happenings. I would have to believe there aren't many castles like that in the Stonewall Mountains. I am fortunate to have people around me that know where they are going, because every land outside of the Summervale is foreign to me. Jayen, in order to get to the Stonewall Mountains we must travel by or through both Baronsdoom and Victoria. Do you have any insight into these places you could share with us?

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-18-2009, 08:55 PM
Kieral -
Yes. It is the Castle of Baron Von Cedric. Shrouded in legend and myth, not much is known of this ancient fortress. That is known, none have made it back. Of course, some may have made it, but they kept quiet.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Jayen - Elhan, I am a traveller new to this realm. I know not these towns except by their names.

Tyg
05-20-2009, 12:15 PM
Walter takes a moment to think on this "Jayen", and the conversation thus far.

History Check--Baronsdoom
Nobility Check-- Baronsdoom
Local Check-- Daven/Baronsdoom
Nature Check-- Area of Baronsdoom
Geography Check-- Area of Baronsdoom

Religion Check-- Shattered Jewel Army
History Check-- Shattered Jewel Army
Nobility Check-- Jayen and Shattered Jewel Army

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-21-2009, 06:01 PM
Paul-can you PM me some specific questions?



Alright...

You are still lost, heading East to find the river.
It is day time. Who is on watch?

Panthro82
05-21-2009, 07:01 PM
I know Rana would be. Wilhelm would probably be fast asleep at this point. (is it human sleepy time?)

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-21-2009, 07:04 PM
It is during the day. Are you still traveling by night? Then yes.

During today's watch, Rana sees at first one, then three, then ten, twenty...in all 28 people come over the horizon. They look tired, scared and beaten. They travel slowly and aimlessly, not even noticing where they are going. But they are headed right at your camp.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
p.s.
I wasn't being a jerkface. Just answering your questions as I read them.

Panthro82
05-21-2009, 07:11 PM
I will tell my familiar to go wake up half of the group while I wake up the rest. I'm assuming Heinrich and Brillara are awake as well?

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-21-2009, 07:16 PM
Brillara is.
Who, exactly, is your familiar (name him/her) waking up?

Panthro82
05-21-2009, 07:42 PM
My familiar is a cat. She is named Calypso. I would have her wake up Walter, Wilhelm, the two guards assigned to us by Chobry, and Heinrich. Rana would attempt to wake up Ely, Keiral, and Jayen

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-21-2009, 07:49 PM
OK...everybody is up.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
They are now about 50 ft from you. The man in the front, carrying a smith's hammer and wearing a bloody leather apron and leather woodsman chaps finally notices you.

He wearily raises his head to greet you.

Smith - unfh.
He nods and sits down in front of Rana.

Panthro82
05-21-2009, 07:52 PM
Rana: Hello...smith...is everything ok? you've got blood all over you

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-21-2009, 07:57 PM
Er.
Yes. The village, it. Well, they came in the night, didn't they? Of course they did. But who would have thought? I mean, Saithith (whispers now) Saithith, he been dead for 30 aught years by now. I be saying really dead, not the part dead he was being. And now, here come these sons of whores. Hairy and orange and beastly. Of course we've seen 'em, haven't we lads? And we gave them whatfor. But...

-He begins to cry-

But, you see sir. They killed them. While we defended, more came from behind. Our women are gone. Our children. Oh HESHTAIL!!! My Jainie. Poor little Jainie.

HAHAHAHA!!! I wish them luck with Lucinda. She'll make their life just a'bad'a mine, I tell you. HAHAHAHAHA!!!

-cries some more-


The laughter weaves with the tears. The tears melt the cold and the laughter chills the bone.

Manimal6
05-21-2009, 08:01 PM
Briallara: What direction did they come from and where did they go back to?

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-21-2009, 08:03 PM
They attacked from the west. Almost due west. We put our women and children to the east. That is what we have always done. Yeah, we have a plan, ma'am. We do.
But they came from behind. We never knew. Like raping thieves in the night. And then they burnt it all down around us.

We left immediately. But everywhere we've been. It is all the same.

Manimal6
05-21-2009, 08:06 PM
Briallara: Heinrich, should we scout ahead, see what we can find?

Panthro82
05-21-2009, 08:07 PM
Rana: Smith, who is Lucinda?

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-21-2009, 08:12 PM
out of game- you're an insensitive bastard

Smith - Lucinda? She's me wife.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Heinrich (until Paul shows up...if he does) - yes, let's.

But we stay together.

Manimal6
05-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Bri: What of the villagers? Should they be left alone? Is there anywhere safer we can escort them to?

Panthro82
05-21-2009, 08:18 PM
(out of game I had no clue what you were talking about. it sounded like they left the town and the only person to fight off the orcs was a woman named lucinda)

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-21-2009, 08:19 PM
Heinrich - Brillara, we would not be leaving them alone. Ely, Walter, Wilhelm, Jayen, Rana, the guards, they will all be here.

Manimal6
05-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Bri: Understood.

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-21-2009, 08:22 PM
OOG-Does anyone know Heinrich's ranks in Move Silently and Hide? Paul is eventually (and I want you two to do the same) going to email me his character sheets, but in the meantime...?

Manimal6
05-21-2009, 08:23 PM
I forget, sorry.

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-21-2009, 08:25 PM
ballpark?

Manimal6
05-21-2009, 08:25 PM
9 or 10

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-21-2009, 08:30 PM
ok
Heinrich slinks low and attempts to meld in with the grass and shrubs.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Heinrich walks forward gingerly, searching the ground as much as he searches ahead and to the right of him.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Spot

Panthro82
05-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Rana: Smith, sorry I missunderstood you. My heartfelt sympathy for your loss. Do you think any of the creatures might have followed you here?

Manimal6
05-21-2009, 08:33 PM
Bri silently slips away
Bri blends into the surroundings
--- Merged from Double Post ---
spot
track

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-21-2009, 08:35 PM
Everybody watches Heinrich leave silently, scouting forward and right. They do not see or hear Brillara, though she was right next to Heinrich only a second ago.



The smith to Rana - I doubt it. We have travelled all night and not been attacked once.

Once we discovered our women gone and children murdered, they broke away. Soon after, everything went up in smoke.

OOG-Kelco, remember, you've got Wilhelm, too.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Brillara - you notice everything, from the smallest bug to the largest deer on the horizon. However, due to the tracks of the refugees, you cannot make out anything on the ground.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
or...is that what you were tracking? Let me know, silly man.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
* Heinrich takes a 10 on all his tracking, spotting, hiding and moving *

Panthro82
05-21-2009, 08:41 PM
yea Wilhelm this whole time has been kind of in a state of shock. To be awoken by a mob of bloody people talking about their town being demolished has just hit him hard

Manimal6
05-21-2009, 08:45 PM
Ely is walking around tending to any wounded.
heal wounded
Bri: Looking for signs other than villagers.

out of game: What are the rules on taking 10?

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-21-2009, 08:48 PM
Ely finds that most villagers here are pretty much fine. Bruises and minor scrapes. A more serious wound here and there, but nothing life-threatening. Nothing.

Bri doesn't see any other villagers.

OOG-taking a 10 happens when the DM says it can.

Panthro82
05-21-2009, 08:52 PM
Rana: Smith, do you or anyone you travel with know anything of the situation in Victoria or Baronsdoom?

Manimal6
05-21-2009, 08:52 PM
Bri takes 10 on hide, move silently, and spot and stops tracking because she sucks at it

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-21-2009, 08:53 PM
Situation? There's a situation!! Oh GODS!

Manimal6
05-21-2009, 08:53 PM
Ely reports the strange findings to Jayen.

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-21-2009, 08:56 PM
OOG- so...uhm...report it.

Manimal6
05-21-2009, 09:00 PM
Ely walks up to Jayen and takes a knee. (loud enought for Jayen's ears only) Ma'am, upon treating the wounded I found no serious wounds on any of the people. I found this strange for being in such a fierce encounter. Do these people have a healer in their group or is something more sinister abound?

Panthro82
05-21-2009, 09:06 PM
(Heinrich, Brillara, Ely?)

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-21-2009, 09:07 PM
Jayen lays a gentle hand on Ely's shoulder - Attendant, I believe that you have yet to see something.

I have faith that the elhan and the duthan will come back with your answer - only the strong made it through the night.



oog- yes, that is them

Manimal6
05-21-2009, 09:08 PM
Ely: Yes, Ma'am.

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-21-2009, 09:15 PM
Brillara, you are about half a mile out when you and Heinrich come across the burnt out husk of a farm.
Nothing but the foundations and some cinder are left.

Oh. And a splintered, charred doll clutched to the breast of the skeletal remains of a little human girl.


roll Wisdom

Heinrich tries to make sense of it. Tries desperately to understand how the gods could let this happen.


A couple deep breaths and Heinrich is fine.

Manimal6
05-21-2009, 09:17 PM
Bri: still move silently and hiding Briallara searches for the cinders for clues, inhuman footprints, other bodies, marks on the girl

Panthro82
05-21-2009, 09:18 PM
Rana(walks over to Ely to talk with him): Sorry to interrupt, but Ely you are looking for a crew to help with the construction at Beckenhausen. Perhaps these people might make good, strong, workers. Plus they have no home so I am sure they would be most grateful. Maybe when Brillara and Heinrich come back we should possibly go back to Beckenhausen for the time being..

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-21-2009, 09:22 PM
Briallara - between your having just seen such horror and the condition of the ground, you can find nothing

Manimal6
05-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Bri:wisdom

Ely looks to Jayen for permission before answering Rana.

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-21-2009, 09:26 PM
Brillara - You barely cling to sanity, skipping in and out for a minute.

Manimal6
05-21-2009, 09:27 PM
Bri: (whispers) Heinrich, what do you make of this horrid site?

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-21-2009, 09:35 PM
Jayen nods.


---------------

Heinrich - at least one ogre, I'd say a dozen or so orcs. and a...hobgoblin?
--- Merged from Double Post ---
He points here and there. Demonstrates where some damage to the girl's skeleton was probably done by an orcen axe.

Manimal6
05-21-2009, 09:41 PM
Bri: Hobgoblin lead Darkfolk? If they did this then... anyone who could do this could do whatever... to whoever... they want... we got to get out of here... I need to get a hold of myself.

Ely: I agree that the extra labor will be useful. I am not comfortable with the idea of pressing hard labor on these people after such an ordeal, though.

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-21-2009, 09:42 PM
The smith - labor? What need have you of labor, sir?



---------

BRI!
Hobgoblins OFTEN lead darkfolk. You know that! Get a hold of yourself.

Panthro82
05-21-2009, 09:44 PM
Rana: No I wasnt suggesting we put them to work right away. Rather bring them to a safe place like Beckenhausen and give them time to recover from this tragedy. We still have to ask them of course.

Manimal6
05-21-2009, 09:44 PM
I am currently hiring laborers and men at arms for my hamlet of Beckenhausen. We are constructing a canal to stem the tide of the Undead.

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-21-2009, 09:45 PM
OOG - Hey guys...hop into the chat room in another window...

Manimal6
05-21-2009, 09:46 PM
Bri: Yes, of course. This is not just some raid then. How many days are we from the border?

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-21-2009, 09:47 PM
The smith kneels at your feet. Milord, if you'll have me, I will make thousand thousand nails and hundred hundred braces for you. I need to leave this border country. I need to leave this all behind me.

What is the canal for?

Heinrich consults his maps and memory

About one day.

Manimal6
05-21-2009, 09:49 PM
Please, stand up good sir. The canal is to try to establish a safe haven from Undead around Beckenhausen.

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-21-2009, 09:51 PM
Jeenus, lord, jeenus.

Panthro82
05-21-2009, 09:54 PM
Rana: I say once Brillara and Heinrich come back we head back to Beckenhausen.

Manimal6
05-21-2009, 09:55 PM
Ely: Agreed. I would want anything further happen to Jeenus and his people on the way to Beckenhausen.

Panthro82
05-21-2009, 09:57 PM
Rana: It is early in the morning, so I would recommend we travel for a bit, and then rest. Then wake up as dusk approaches to continue on our travel

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-21-2009, 09:58 PM
Jeenus, lord? Who is Jeenus?
You are jeenus, lord. Liken being really smart like. Jeenus.
Me, I'm Trod Smithman.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Jayen - agreed.
Shes looks Ely in the eye. Coldly.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Heinrich to Brillara - perhaps we should head back and tell them what we know?

Manimal6
05-21-2009, 10:00 PM
Bri: One day... So at least they are not ranging to far into the border, but still any incursion into Daven should be taken seriously.

Ely: Either way the night will be dangerous. It will be a challenge reach Beckenhausen unscathed.

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-21-2009, 10:01 PM
Jayen touches Ely's shoulder not ungently.

Panthro82
05-21-2009, 10:02 PM
Rana(snickers at Ely over thinking the mans name was Jeenus): Nice to formally meet you Trod. We travel by night typically, because of the undead. Do you think you and the people that are with you would want to travel a little now to get further away from everything? And then we can all rest until dusk?

Manimal6
05-21-2009, 10:03 PM
Ely kneels. Forgive me, Ma'am.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Bri: Yes, I think we should inform the others.

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-21-2009, 10:05 PM
Trod - to be honest, elf sir, we only travelled by night the night that ...that night. Last night.

We only travelled then becausin we had to. We don't want to do it agin. I can speak for us all when I say that we'dabeafraid to do that agin.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Jayen - Rise.

-------------

Heinrich takes off at a good lope, not even trying to hide.

Panthro82
05-21-2009, 10:11 PM
Rana: well, unfortunately there is no safe place to stay on our way to Beckenhausen Trod, and we are a good few days from it. When we rest we have to rest out in the open and we would have to travel by night. You are with us now though, so you should be completely safe.

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-21-2009, 10:12 PM
Aye, lord. As you say it.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Heinrich arrives. Out of breath.

Manimal6
05-21-2009, 10:13 PM
Briallara follows Heinrich.

Ely rises and assumes the Position of Honor.

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-21-2009, 10:16 PM
Jayen - We move out now. Professionals, position yourselves among the civilians and everybody send up a count every 500 paces. We travel single file with two scouts out - TOGETHER - at all times.

Understood?

Manimal6
05-21-2009, 10:23 PM
Ely: Yes, Ma'am
Bri: *Running in*

Panthro82
05-21-2009, 10:25 PM
Rana(to Jayen): Two in the rear and two on point?

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-21-2009, 10:30 PM
Jayen to Ely - take charge, I'll ride ahead to Beckenhausen and have a party come out and meet you. Give me your signet.

Manimal6
05-21-2009, 10:31 PM
Ely hesitates... *Hands over the signet*

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-21-2009, 10:32 PM
You travel thusly for a day. At dawn after the watch the next day, Brillara notices that a farm that has been attacked is right over the hill.

Panthro82
05-21-2009, 10:34 PM
Rana: I will offer to travel in front

Wilhelm(Hearing Rana say this): I would like to as well

Manimal6
05-21-2009, 10:34 PM
Bri: We found a burnt out farm house and... and... Anyways, as far as Heinrich could gather it was a party of around a dozen Orcs led by a Hobgoblin.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Ely: Let's have half stay back and half investigate the farm.

Panthro82
05-21-2009, 10:54 PM
Wilhelm: What about the people? We couldn't leave them here. I think only a few should go investigate.

Rana: I agree. I will offer up my services to investigate.

Tyg
05-22-2009, 11:28 AM
Walter: Wilhelm's right. Those checking that farmhouse probably should not linger if they do not find anyone there. *Walter quickly adds* Anyone not of the dark folk, that is.

Heinrich: I'll go with Rana. As Walter suggested, we should search quickly and then rejoin the group. Staying apart for too long leaves us open to be hunted down in detail.

Panthro82
05-22-2009, 06:29 PM
Wilhelm: Perfectly put Walter. Plus, if needed I can detect the whereabouts and status of an ally. So sending half of the party would only serve to play into the enemies hands.

(Rana smiles after hearing the composure and thought Wilhelm put into this strategy.)

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-26-2009, 10:58 PM
Welcome! You have entered [General Chatter] at 10:04 pm+
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:04 pm: The Chat Room will be offline this Wednesday, April 1st from 6PM PST to 7PM PST. In its stead, there will temporarily be a shoutbox up on the main forum page for the April 1st Login Event.
Welcome! You have entered [Farland 3.5] at 10:04 pm+
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:05 pm: fyi commie you can clear it without leaving
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:05 pm: :)
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:05 pm: oh...fag
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:05 pm: i think it is / and then clear
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:05 pm: http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=79170#post79170 (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=79170#post79170)
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:06 pm: that is the in game thread
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:06 pm: from the past
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:06 pm: schweet
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:06 pm: OK. Where to? Onward to Baronsdoom? Or back to Beckenhausen?
[] 10:06 pm: I thought we were headed to Beckenhausen.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:06 pm: www.farlandworld.com/index3.html (http://www.farlandworld.com/index3.html)
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:07 pm: that's the campaign
[] 10:07 pm: we were currently on our way back to Bechenhausen and we came across a barn that had been burnt down
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:07 pm: Right...I meant...checking out the barn, or what? :)
[] 10:07 pm: Who was staying back. Ely said half and half and everyone else seemed to agree.
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:07 pm: schweet
[] 10:08 pm: actually you were being out voted ely
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:08 pm: Wait wiat wait
[] 10:08 pm: most of the people thought it would be safer to send a few scouts so that the commoners wouldnt be exposed
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:08 pm: Introduce your PCs to JD
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:08 pm: then I'll clear it
[] 10:09 pm: ok, I am playing Rana an elven male monk and also Wilhelm a human male cleric
[] 10:10 pm: Lord Ely Van Furst of Beckenhausen, human Paladin. Brother of Briallara Van Furst.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:10 pm: You said "brother"
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:11 pm: I know
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:11 pm: Huh?
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:11 pm: on purpose?
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:11 pm: Yes. Kelco doesn't know
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:11 pm: I'm playing Heinrich Jagerorcen, half-elven ranger and Walter Radermacher, male human sorc/wiz
[Farland 3.5]: has left at 10:12 pm+
[Farland 3.5]: has left at 10:12 pm+
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:12 pm: Should Kelco know?
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:13 pm: During the watch one day, Rana notices a farm that you didn't notice in the dawning light as you made camp. It, like many others, has been attacked.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:13 pm: Kelco thinks there is a consipiracy.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:13 pm: if Kelco thinks that, Rana thinks that
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:13 pm: I know. Let him keep on with that?
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:13 pm: they travel at night because everything is infested with undead.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:13 pm: yeah
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:13 pm: whats my chara's full name?
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:13 pm: just replay from there
[] 10:14 pm: Send Bri and Heinrich forward to scout ahead.
[] 10:14 pm: Rana also offered up his services
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:15 pm: speak in the present tense, please...speak as if speaking
[] 10:15 pm: ahead as in destination or ahead as in going to the farm that was torched?
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:15 pm: Brillara Von Furst
[] 10:15 pm: To the torched farm.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:15 pm: let me check if I have her elven name somewhere.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:15 pm: She was orphaned
[Farland 3.5]: Mead has left at 10:15 pm+
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:15 pm: ok i was wondering about the human sibling lol
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:15 pm: yeah.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:15 pm: she was raised by multiple generations of the von fursts
[] 10:16 pm: Rana: I will go along with you Brillara, and Heinrich
[] 10:16 pm: Wilhelm: I will stay with the commoners
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:16 pm: Roll the rolls you wish to roll.
Chris, you first, so the others can see the protocol I want
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:16 pm: okily dokily
[] 10:17 pm: Ely will be patrolling around the group of villagers.
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:17 pm: ok that makes sence
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:17 pm: oh where can i find bri's stats?
[] 10:17 pm: Rana hides...
[] 10:17 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d20+9)
[] 10:17 pm:
-> 1d20 (12)+ 9 (9) = 21


[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:18 pm: roll spot
[] 10:18 pm: rana moves silently as he hides...
[] 10:18 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d20+7)
[] 10:18 pm:
-> 1d20 (1)+ 7 (7) = 8


[] 10:18 pm: Ely: Spot
[] 10:19 pm: rana looks around carefully as he moves(spot)...
[] 10:19 pm: (waiting on chara stats before acting)
[] 10:19 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d20+8)
[] 10:19 pm:
-> 1d20 (14)+ 8 (8) = 22


[] 10:19 pm: Spot
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:19 pm: / roll (d20+3) except take the space out from between the / and the "roll"
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:19 pm: Warning ! Only IRC subset can be used (Type /? or /help for list of IRC commands)
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:20 pm: where am i going wrong?
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:20 pm: /
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:20 pm: Warning ! Only IRC subset can be used (Type /? or /help for list of IRC commands)
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:20 pm: slash roll (d20+3)
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:20 pm: crap
[] 10:20 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d20+3)
[] 10:20 pm:
-> 1d20 (17)+ 3 (3) = 20


[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:20 pm: forgot about that
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:20 pm: i just messaged nate on how to roll
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:21 pm: kinda importanto lol
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:21 pm: nate...can you get JD Bri's stats some how?
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:21 pm: yup
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:21 pm: the brambles and dry brush inherent to this terrain and this time of year (late fall)make it easy to hide but almost impossible to move quietly
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:21 pm: Ely...
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:22 pm: On the edge of the farm, under a rock wall, you find a baby. Still alive, sucking on a blanket.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:22 pm: Brillara and Heinrich and Rana, you see all you can see immediately. There is nothing left but nothing.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:22 pm: danke
[] 10:23 pm: Ely posts the Chorby's two warriors on opposite flanks of villagers to keep and eye out.
[] 10:23 pm: Ely dimounts to pick up child.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:23 pm: Bright orange hair and red skin. Leathery wings and long claws. It appears to be about 7 months old.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:24 pm: Half-fiend
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:24 pm: What the...?!
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:24 pm: you got them?
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:24 pm: no
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:25 pm: Heinrich - Ely, what have you found?
Heinrich approaches Ely.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:25 pm: roleplay...if you need to roll, ask me if you succeed
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:25 pm: k
[] 10:25 pm: Ely shows Heinrich the child.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:25 pm: just describe what you do in the post and I'll decide
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:25 pm: we'll go that way until you get your stats
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:25 pm: Oh GODS!
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:26 pm: Heinrich yelled the last
[] 10:26 pm: Brillara will check to see if the barn was burned the same way the other buildings were.
[] 10:26 pm: (search)
[] 10:27 pm: Ely prays to Heshtail for guidance on what to do with such a child.
[] 10:27 pm: (oops i hope that didn't pop up)
[] 10:27 pm: Rana(hears the yell and still is hiding near the barn, he turns to move closer to the yells but keeps a slight distance)
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:28 pm: whats the roll command?
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:28 pm: slash roll (d20+whatever)
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:28 pm: The barn was torched using lamp oil, just as all the others
[] 10:28 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d20)
[] 10:28 pm:
-> 1d20 (11)


[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:29 pm: Rana. You can see Ely praying over a baby that looks...odd
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:29 pm: you can't quite place it, though
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:29 pm: I already told you there is nothing here. You can get up
[Farland 3.5]: has left at 10:29 pm+
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:29 pm: yeah...like that
[] 10:30 pm: Rana scans the area around the group and ely(spot)...
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:30 pm: Is a half-fiend child automatically evil? What would a paladin do with such an offspring?!
[] 10:30 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d20+8)
[] 10:30 pm:
-> 1d20 (15)+ 8 (8) = 23


[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:30 pm: Bright orange hair and red skin. Leathery wings and long claws. It appears to be about 7 months old.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:30 pm: That's what you see Ely holding and Heinrich avoiding
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:30 pm: got the stats from man thank you
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:31 pm: and it is safe to get up.
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:31 pm: yea i know i just rolled spot around them did i notice anything?
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:31 pm: Bright orange hair and red skin. Leathery wings and long claws. It appears to be about 7 months old.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:31 pm: that is the baby
[] 10:31 pm: Brillara shakes her head. "There was no need for any of this desctruction..."
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:32 pm: ok i meant i scanned the area all around them to see if there is anything/body lurking around them like an ambush
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:32 pm: Bri, the livestock are gone, nothing remains of them. No adult bodies can be found
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:32 pm: oh
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:32 pm: no...they are out in an open field
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:32 pm: ok
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:32 pm: more or less
[] 10:33 pm: (Rana walks back to the party)
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:33 pm: Guys, unless I say otherwise, this is open terrain.
[] 10:33 pm: Rana:.........what is that?
[] 10:33 pm: Brillara will follow rana.
[] 10:33 pm: Ely: It appears to be a Half-Fiend child.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:34 pm: as you get closer, you see this
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:34 pm: Bright orange hair and red skin. Leathery wings and long claws. It appears to be about 7 months old.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:34 pm: Heinrich.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:34 pm: Walter - yes, we can see that, Ely. The question is, what are you doing with it?
[] 10:34 pm: Rana: are you telling me these sick bastards raped women?
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:34 pm: you tell me
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:35 pm: sorry rana is heated...hense the curse
[] 10:35 pm: Ely: Yes, fiends from the Hells rape women.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:35 pm: Walter-the Lord of Lust has raped many. The offspring tend to be like the demonic patronage. But sometimes they are more human than demon.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:36 pm: Heinrich - I have heard that some women willingly take such beasts into their chambers
[] 10:36 pm: Ely: The question is can the child be saved?
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:36 pm: Can you play by post Friday nights?
[] 10:37 pm: "We cannot abondon the child.... no matter how it was created."
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:37 pm: Heinrich-No, the question is SHOULD the child be saved?
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:37 pm: yeah should be no problem lol
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:37 pm: Heinrich- And I say no
[] 10:38 pm: Wilhelm: I will detect its alignment. even as a baby it will have an aura. Wilhelm detects evil(level 1 spell)
[] 10:39 pm: Ely waits for what Wilhelm uncovers.
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:39 pm: do I roll for a level 1 detect? or is it automatic?
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:39 pm: It comes back red...absolutely Neutral
[] 10:40 pm: Wilhelm: Well this baby doesn't appear to be evil or good...
[] 10:40 pm: "The enviroment that one is provided will decide where what alignment will stray towards, not one's birth..."
[] 10:40 pm: Ely: This child will be brought back to Beckenhausen to be raised. Heshtail will guide it.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:40 pm: Are you in the 101 now?
[] 10:40 pm: Ely checks for the sex of the child.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:41 pm: midthigh
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:41 pm: Good lord!
[] 10:41 pm: Rana: I am not fond of the idea of killing a baby...however...taking this child with us is an extreme danger to us and where we stay... Are we sure we want to do this?
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:41 pm: and hooked...truly the offspring of the Lord of Lust
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:41 pm: the posts?
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:42 pm: Heinrich. I say this child is dangerous, too
[] 10:42 pm: Ely: Mericful Heshtail! It is male.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:42 pm: in the 101st Airborne
[Farland 3.5]: cplmac has left at 10:42 pm+
[Farland 3.5]: has left at 10:42 pm+
[] 10:43 pm: Rana: Even though this child is neither evil nor good. Its brethren will be able to detect its presence. if we bring it back to Beckenhausen we put Beckenhausen and all those who are within it in direct danger
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:43 pm: nope i just got out
[Farland 3.5]: joe.marcum has entered at 10:43 pm+
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:43 pm: well sorta out i've been hired as a GS 11 now
[] 10:43 pm: Ely: I will not allow any harm to come to this child.
[] 10:43 pm: Rana: I am not suggesting we harm the child. I merely think it unwise to bring it to Beckenhausen
[] 10:44 pm: "I aggree with my brother"
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:44 pm: Walter - I believe in saving lives, not killing unwarranted
[] 10:44 pm: Ely: Heshtail damn anyone who would abandon such a defensless being!!!
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:45 pm: Heinrich - It seems I have been outspoken
[] 10:45 pm: Wilhelm: perhaps we can bring it back to Beckenhausen and then have one or both of chobrys men bring it to elder daven?
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:46 pm: My best friend is a choking chicken now. Demoted from the 82nd
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:46 pm: his name is GRUNDLE!
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:46 pm: aww lol
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:46 pm: Grundle? How do I know this?
[Farland 3.5]: Grundle has left at 10:46 pm+
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:46 pm: The guy... nevermind
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:46 pm: heh
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:47 pm: Walter - if indeed anyone will take him
[] 10:47 pm: Rana: I agree with Wilhelm. I do not condone killing the baby or necessarily abandoning it, but we would be exposing Beckenhausen if we let it stay there, and in Elder Daven it could be properly cared for by Priestess Harnet
[] 10:47 pm: Ely: Possibly. I would have to get the Oath Protector's blessing before setting such a burden on her door.
[] 10:48 pm: Ely: Until then I will place this child in my personal care.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:48 pm: Jayen, up until now silent, not willing to let her rank affect too much, finally speaks.
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:48 pm: Jayen went ahead to beckenhausen
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:48 pm: Ely. You will adhere to your true nature and take care of this child
[] 10:49 pm: Bri looks at the child, touching it's hand softly.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:49 pm: it wraps its clawed hand around yours and cries
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:49 pm: ***around your finger
[] 10:50 pm: Rana: My main concern is we are painting a bullseye on Beckenhausen with this childs presence. We will have to be extremely alert until this child leaves for Elder Daven
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:50 pm: We play every Friday night...sometimes in person.
[] 10:50 pm: Ely: Raise the child, Ma'am?
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:50 pm: but we can play by post on the nights we play in person, if you want to join
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:50 pm: i miss having a group lol
[Farland 3.5]: has left at 10:50 pm+
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:50 pm: Raise the child. As is your nature.
[] 10:50 pm: Ely: For some unknown reason there is a bullseye painted on me already. How do we know such forces don't already target Beckenhausen?
[] 10:51 pm: Winces at the sound and tries to make a funny face... as if elven's didn't have enough of one in the first palce..
[] 10:51 pm: Rana: Very true friend, but we might be attracting those who do not target you or us already
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:51 pm: Walter - Perhaps it is hungry?
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:52 pm: Heinrich - "it"? We should name it.
[] 10:52 pm: Ely: *kneels before Jayen* I swear to Heshtail the Merciful I shall adopt this child into the Van Furst family and raise it as my own.
[] 10:52 pm: Instinctivly covers her chest with her arm without thinking.
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:52 pm: youre evil!
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:53 pm: :)
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:53 pm: what?
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:53 pm: lol
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:53 pm: let's keep up the pace
[] 10:53 pm: Whispers under her breath, "fangs..."
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:53 pm: let's keep up the pace
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:53 pm: let's keep up the pace
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:53 pm: yeah
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:53 pm: hehe...fangs
[] 10:53 pm: Ely: We must find some milk. All the livestock are slaughtered here... We must find some food for this child.
[] 10:54 pm: Rana: Once this child grows up it will learn what it is. Instincts could take over
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:54 pm: do you have any children?
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:54 pm: yup 3
[] 10:54 pm: Ely: Name? Hmm...
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:54 pm: this child is 7 months old...do you need to find milk?
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:55 pm: one of them was a mage right?
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:55 pm: If instincts make the person, then all half-orcs would be murdering rapists
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:55 pm: That's what Heinrich says
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:55 pm: yeah for first year pretty much milk/formula is what they go off of
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:55 pm: My kids were eating small foods at 7 months
[] 10:56 pm: Rana(sighs heavily): .....ok, I will go find food.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:56 pm: Walter's a mage...Wilhelm's a cleric
[] 10:56 pm: Ely: Asks the child, 'How does Rudiger Van Furst sound?'
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:56 pm: RUDY RUDY RUDY
[Farland 3.5]: joe.marcum has left at 10:56 pm+
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:56 pm: cries louder
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:56 pm: Rudiger was my name in German class.
[] 10:56 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d20+6)
[] 10:56 pm:
-> 1d20 (3)+ 6 (6) = 9


[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:57 pm: You kill a mouse by stepping on it, but otherwise have no luck
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:57 pm: modern ages have processors and stuff i didn't think that would be avalible back in those days
[] 10:57 pm: Wilhelm: perhaps we should keep moving? we are exposed and this child is only serving to bring attention to where we are
[] 10:57 pm: hmmm...
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:57 pm: yeah...but someone could prechew...
[] 10:58 pm: Takes out the waterskin and looks to the mage. "Perhaps you can flavor the water as milk..."
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:58 pm: I don't know...just trying to get someone other than me to suggest that maybe he can eat
[] 10:58 pm: Ely: The name will become apparent eventually. Yes. Let us continue.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 10:58 pm: Bri helped raise two hundred years worth of Van Fursts...I think she would know
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:58 pm: lol
[] 10:59 pm: Rana: I can't find anything around here. Unless the baby eats dead mouse I agree we should keep moving to Beckenhausen. Whatever lost this child will surely come looking for it
[] 10:59 pm: Ely: Maximilian Van Furst?
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:59 pm: Walter takes something out of his pouch and mumbles over it.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 10:59 pm: Bites into and begins to chew as he makes faces and mumbles some more.
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:00 pm: prestidigitation can reflavor food and drink that would be the easiest way
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:00 pm: He spits it out and places it on the baby's lips. The baby stops crying and eats the cud
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:00 pm: Alright.
[] 11:00 pm: Ely: Thank you, Walter.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:00 pm: Of we go. Marching order?
[] 11:00 pm: Rana: I will take point
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:01 pm: Jayen - I will again ride forward. She gallops away faster than any of you can even thikn of riding
[] 11:01 pm: Wilhelm: I as well. Although we might want to toughen up the rear from here on out
[] 11:01 pm: Ely: Keiral take the rear.
[] 11:02 pm: Bri and Heinrich on the flanks
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:02 pm: Walter - I will hide among the refugees.
He digs out a dirty robe and drops behind the rock wall, reappearing and looking like a peasant. A clean peasant, but a peasant
[] 11:02 pm: "I'll take the west flank."
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:02 pm: As you command, Sword Bearer Attendant.
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:03 pm: Sword Bearer now?
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:03 pm: Keiral is an NPC looking for adventure...following them
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:03 pm: He's playing you up
[] 11:03 pm: Ely remains in the middle with (for now) Maximilian.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:03 pm: You travel like this for many miles through the dark of the night.
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:04 pm: oh
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:04 pm: stalker lol
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:04 pm: Every once in a while there is a zombie or wight that you happen upon, but with such a large group, it is always quickly dispatched. Just past midnight, Jayen rides back to report something
[] 11:05 pm: Ely rides to meet her. Bows in saddle. 'Ma'am?'
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:05 pm: Jayen - Ahead, there is a farm that is still standing. I did not get close enough to see if there is anyone living there, but I think there is. I heard livestock
[] 11:06 pm: Rana: We need to move past it. There will be conflict if they see that baby...
[] 11:06 pm: Ely: Cordon and search, Ma'am?
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:06 pm: Cordon and knock.
[] 11:06 pm: "We can head towards it but it would be more wise to confirm who is there before getting the others on the property..."
[] 11:07 pm: The baby must stay out of their sight
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:07 pm: ignore my last post
[] 11:07 pm: Ely: Agreed.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:07 pm: Jayen - I will attend Maximillian
[] 11:08 pm: Ely: Battle Order....
[] 11:08 pm: Rana: I suggest you cordon Ely, I will accompany you
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:08 pm: Heinrich - I will go first. I am the sneakiest that can deliver battle effectiveness.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:09 pm: Bri, will you accompany me?
[] 11:09 pm: Best spotters on the flanks... Rana with me to search...
[] 11:09 pm: "Aye"
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:09 pm: Bri and Heinrich, being two of three half-elves in town, have a deep friendship
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:10 pm: If you say so, but I disagree, Ely.
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:10 pm: ahh
[] 11:10 pm: What do you suggest Heinrich?
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:10 pm: Advance
[] 11:11 pm: Rana: Prudence is necessary. This whole are around this is ravaged. Who is to say this isnt a trap?
[] 11:11 pm: Bri with you to cover each other?
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:11 pm: Rana and Ely...you are about 60 ft away from the barn before you see it
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:11 pm: We will cover each other.
Draws his longbow
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:11 pm: Strings his longbow
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:12 pm: Draws five arrows, one notched, four in his offhand
[] 11:12 pm: Rana: It is not wise for you to draw your weapon Ely, I will draw my quarterstaff
[] 11:12 pm: Ely readies his lance...
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:13 pm: way to ignore Chris
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:13 pm: huh?
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:13 pm: Do you approach?
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:13 pm: Walter is following behind Ely and Rana, 15 feet
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:13 pm: Where is Wilhelm?
[] 11:14 pm: Rana listens intently..
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:14 pm: Keiral is with Walter
[] 11:14 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d20+9)
[] 11:14 pm:
-> 1d20 (6)+ 9 (9) = 15


[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:14 pm: You hear...burrowing?
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:14 pm: trying to listen inside the barn
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:15 pm: didn't say that
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:15 pm: 4 badgers the size of grown men come tearing out of the ground at Ely's, Walter's Keiral's and Rana's feet. Roll Knowledge Nature.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:15 pm: if you have ranks, that is
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:16 pm: Walter thinks quickly about what he sees...
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:16 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d20+6)
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:16 pm:
-> 1d20 (7)+ 6 (6) = 13


[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:16 pm: Their bloody dire badgers!
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:16 pm: illumi allumi, illuminatum
[] 11:16 pm: (Wilhelm stayed with the villagers)
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:17 pm: does wilhelm see this from where he and the villagers are?
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:17 pm: The barn area lights up in a globe of light.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:17 pm: no...he hears the yell, though
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:17 pm: give me your initiatives...not rolls...your + or your -
[] 11:18 pm: Ely: +0
[] 11:18 pm: Rana +7
[] 11:18 pm: even the ones by the villagers?
[] 11:18 pm: Bri:+4
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:19 pm: no
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:19 pm: ok...let's get your actions
[] 11:20 pm: Ely: Casts Bless
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:21 pm: what's up with Bri?
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:21 pm: What's up with Rna?
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:22 pm: who has max right now?
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:22 pm: max?
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:22 pm: oh
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:22 pm: who exactly is the guy playing Bri?
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:22 pm: Jayen...in the rear...out of danger
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:22 pm: No idea
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:22 pm: some guy
[] 11:22 pm: Rana(with quarterstaff in hands) goes after the closest badger, jumps up and comes down on it with the quarterstaff and then thrusts his foot into its sternum with his second action
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:22 pm: ok
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:22 pm: Heinrich looses a shot at the badger coming out of the ground at Walter's feet
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:23 pm: how many are in the back to protect the villagers?
[] 11:23 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d20+7)
[] 11:23 pm:
-> 1d20 (13)+ 7 (7) = 20


[] 11:23 pm: (+1 for bless makes 21
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:23 pm: Jayen (who is a power house) plus the smith, who is pretty good, plus two lower level warriors
[] 11:23 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d20+7)
[] 11:23 pm:
-> 1d20 (18)+ 7 (7) = 25


[] 11:23 pm: (+1)
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:23 pm: all npc's?
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:23 pm: Roll damage
[] 11:24 pm: Ely: /roll (d20+3) concentration
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:24 pm: Heinrich puts an arrow through the badger's thigh and he goes down on one side
[] 11:24 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+2)
[] 11:24 pm:
-> 1d8 (7)+ 2 (2) = 9


[] 11:24 pm: (+1) for bless
[] 11:24 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+2)
[] 11:24 pm:
-> 1d8 (1)+ 2 (2) = 3


[] 11:25 pm: (+1)
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:25 pm: all NPCs...oh...and WIlhem...not an NPC
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:25 pm: What is IWlhelm doing?
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:25 pm: k
[] 11:25 pm: (14 damage total)
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:25 pm: wilhelm is with the villagers
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:25 pm: The pierced badger and the dented badger both fly into a rage.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:25 pm: I know..he heard the yell...is he staying?
[] 11:26 pm: (Wilhelm hears the commotion and decides to move towards the barn)
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:26 pm: we going off of inititave order?
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:26 pm: crap. how do you roll again in chat?
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:27 pm: I have decided to forgo initiative lately...we go off of party initiative
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:27 pm: ahh k
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:27 pm: slash roll (d20+whatever)
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:27 pm: nothing else in the line
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:27 pm: You come upone the globe of light and see the melee
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:27 pm: What is Bri up to?
[] 11:27 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d20+3)
[] 11:27 pm:
-> 1d20 (6)+ 3 (3) = 9


[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:28 pm: You can attack from where you are or move closer and attack next round
[] 11:28 pm: Wilhelm sees the angry badgers and casts calm emotions on them (level2)
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:28 pm: how far is the action from her location
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:28 pm: The badger tries to bite Ely's leg and you expected it to bite your arm. You missed as it went too low.
[] 11:28 pm: Bri will ready her longbow.
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:29 pm: calm emotions takes away their rage right?
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:29 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d20+17)
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:29 pm:
-> 1d20 (15)+ 17 (17) = 32


[] 11:29 pm: Ely will take out his Battleaxe.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:29 pm: Wilhelm's spell failed
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:29 pm: The enraged badgers attack
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:30 pm: cant roll to make the spell succeed?
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:30 pm: The one with three legs bites at Walter...
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:30 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d20+4)
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:30 pm:
-> 1d20 (11)+ 4 (4) = 15


[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:31 pm: The pierced one tears flesh from Walter's chest...
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:31 pm: with 100' to work with she'll start pecking off the rats from a distance. thats why i'm asking
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:31 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d4+4)
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:31 pm:
-> 1d4 (3)+ 4 (4) = 7


[Farland 3.5]: has left at 11:31 pm+
[Farland 3.5]: Manimal6 has entered at 11:31 pm+
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:31 pm: go ahead
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:32 pm: Your chance is based on your level plus 15. They defeated your ability.
[] 11:32 pm: Takes aim at the badger attacking Ely (+11 to hit)
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:32 pm: The dizzy one reaches forward with both claws and bites at Rana's neck...
[] 11:32 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d20+11)
[] 11:32 pm:
-> 1d20 (18)+ 11 (11) = 29


[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:32 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d20+6)
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:32 pm:
-> 1d20 (6)+ 6 (6) = 12


[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:32 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d20+6)
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:32 pm:
-> 1d20 (4)+ 6 (6) = 10


[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:32 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d20+6)
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:32 pm:
-> 1d20 (2)+ 6 (6) = 8


[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:33 pm: It tears at Rana's skin and bites at his neck, but cannot puncture his trained skin
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:33 pm: Go ahead and describe your attack...it succeeded
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:33 pm: wow ok
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:34 pm: thanks for clarification
[Manimal6] 11:34 pm: Ely attacks badger attacking him
[Manimal6] 11:34 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d20+11)
[Manimal6] 11:34 pm:
-> 1d20 (16)+ 11 (11) = 27


[] 11:34 pm: Pulls back on the string extra tight and lets an arrow set sail towards the badger that assulted Ely. As it pierces the rat she notches the next arrow.
[] 11:34 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+3)
[] 11:34 pm:
-> 1d8 (5)+ 3 (3) = 8


[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:35 pm: The two remaining badgers assail their targets
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:35 pm: Rana, you just took 12 points of damage as an arrow lodged in your right shoulder
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:36 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d20+6)
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:36 pm:
-> 1d20 (3)+ 6 (6) = 9


[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:36 pm: Ely's badger can not claw through the plate mail
[Farland 3.5]: korhal23 has left at 11:36 pm+
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:36 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d20+6)
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:36 pm:
-> 1d20 (1)+ 6 (6) = 7


[Farland 3.5]: parsleyfirefly has left at 11:36 pm+
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:37 pm: Walter's Badger took too long to attack and by the time it did, Walter had stepped aside, readying another spell
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->Manimal6] 11:37 pm: You succeeded
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->Manimal6] 11:37 pm: describe away
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:37 pm: did you read that?
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:37 pm: yea
[Manimal6] 11:38 pm: After the badger bounced off my plate mail and landed Ely placed a solid blow to the badgers back.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->Manimal6] 11:38 pm: An arrow slides between your plates, quivering to a stop among your chainmail beneath. No damage. Acknowledge receipt
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:38 pm: roll damage
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:39 pm: roll damage
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:39 pm: oh you didi
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:39 pm: lol
[Manimal6] 11:39 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+5)
[Manimal6] 11:39 pm:
-> 1d8 (5)+ 5 (5) = 10


[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:39 pm: don't you think you should let your cohorts know?
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:40 pm: didn't want to roll sneak attack damage due to not knowing how far away i was so i assumed the maximum of 100' away
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:40 pm: Nate...check your PM
[Manimal6] 11:40 pm: Ely tears the arrow the just stuck into his chainmail and tries to find the source.
[] 11:40 pm: Wilhelm(sees an arrow go through rana) in this moment he casts bulls strength on rana
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:40 pm: you weren't close enough...SOP is 50 ft from the party
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:41 pm: sop?
[Manimal6] 11:41 pm: Ely *spot*
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:41 pm: roll spot
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:41 pm: standard operating procedure
[Manimal6] 11:41 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d20+3)
[Manimal6] 11:41 pm:
-> 1d20 (9)+ 3 (3) = 12


[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:41 pm: It came from somewhere in front of you
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->Manimal6] 11:41 pm: Beth is probably laying in bed...mad
[Manimal6->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:42 pm: Why?
[Farland 3.5]: korhal23 has left at 11:42 pm+
[Farland 3.5]: has left at 11:42 pm+
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->Manimal6] 11:42 pm: I am going to the gym in the morning
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->Manimal6] 11:42 pm: early
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:42 pm: next round
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:42 pm: i can't believe i didn't notice that rofl
[Manimal6->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:42 pm: Aye...
[] 11:42 pm: Rana (in a fit of might and power attacks the closest badger with two blinding fast blows)
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:43 pm: forgot i have mil players in group lol
[] 11:43 pm: from his quarterstaff and then comes down with a roundhouse kick
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:43 pm: yeah...we have another, too. two others...but one more military guy
[] 11:43 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d20+12)
[] 11:43 pm:
-> 1d20 (16)+ 12 (12) = 28


[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:43 pm: and again
[] 11:43 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d20+12)
[] 11:43 pm:
-> 1d20 (8)+ 12 (12) = 20


[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:44 pm: damage one? or both?
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:44 pm: The quarterstaff catches the badger along the jaw right as the kick comes the other way and connects on the temple.
[] 11:44 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+7)
[] 11:44 pm:
-> 1d8 (5)+ 7 (7) = 12


[] 11:44 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+7)
[] 11:44 pm:
-> 1d8 (1)+ 7 (7) = 8


[Manimal6->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:45 pm: How many badgers are left?
[] 11:45 pm: (20 total)
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:45 pm: As the badger falls to the ground, it disappears.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->Manimal6] 11:45 pm: 3
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:45 pm: magum projectum!
[Manimal6] 11:45 pm: Ely continues the attack againist the same badger.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:45 pm: two brightly colored missiles slam into the badger in front of Walter
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:46 pm: that Badger disappears
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->Manimal6] 11:46 pm: 2
[Farland 3.5]: has left at 11:46 pm+
[Manimal6] 11:46 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d20+12)
[Manimal6] 11:46 pm:
-> 1d20 (9)+ 12 (12) = 21


[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->Manimal6] 11:46 pm: roll damage and describe
[Farland 3.5]: has left at 11:46 pm+
[Manimal6] 11:47 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+6)
[Manimal6] 11:47 pm:
-> 1d8 (5)+ 6 (6) = 11


[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:47 pm: One badger left
[Manimal6] 11:48 pm: Ely swings axe downward and to the side striking the badger in the side of ribcage.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:48 pm: what's Bri got?
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:49 pm: longbow, club, and sword, highest bonus on the bow
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:49 pm: Do it up, yo
[] 11:49 pm: (Rana looks to the area where the arrow came from that hit him)
[Farland 3.5]: has left at 11:49 pm+
[Farland 3.5]: has left at 11:50 pm+
[] 11:50 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d20+8)
[] 11:50 pm:
-> 1d20 (18)+ 8 (8) = 26


[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:50 pm: waiting for ely to finish his attack
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:50 pm: You see a man-shape in all black, standing in a darkened doorway in the farmhouse
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:50 pm: Ely's done
[] 11:51 pm: Aims again, letting another arrow fly towards the remaining badger (+11 hit)
[] 11:51 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d20+11)
[] 11:51 pm:
-> 1d20 (17)+ 11 (11) = 28


[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->Manimal6] 11:51 pm: What level, total are you?
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:51 pm: describe and roll
[] 11:51 pm: Rana(Yells): THIS IS POINTLESS ATTACK THE MAN STANDING AT THE FARMHOUSE DOORWAY!!!!
[Manimal6->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:51 pm: 4 Paladin 2 Aristocrat=6
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->Manimal6] 11:52 pm: so you only get one attack per round, right?
[Manimal6->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:52 pm: yup
[] 11:52 pm: (Rana still full of might and rage goes after the man)
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:52 pm: DUDE...you
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:52 pm: are
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:52 pm: a
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:52 pm: monk
[Manimal6->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:52 pm: 2nd attack at 6th lvl Paladin
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:53 pm: rage is not a monks thing
[Manimal6->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:53 pm: I guess
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:53 pm: hes got bulls strength
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->Manimal6] 11:53 pm: Does Kelco know he is a monk? Rage isn't their thing
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:53 pm: has nothing to do with rage
[Manimal6->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:53 pm: He is special. Very special.
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:53 pm: i thought that would increase his hormones temporarily
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:53 pm: describe hit or was that message meaning describe attack?
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:53 pm: sorry
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:53 pm: OH...play it that way...cool
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:54 pm: You are quickly peppered with two arrows.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:54 pm: 10 points of damage and 7 points of damage
[] 11:54 pm: (I mistyped, it is power....not rage)
[Manimal6->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:54 pm: Wait my base attack is +6. On the Paladin chart I gain an extra attack at +6.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:54 pm: you hit...describe the hit and then roll for damage
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->Manimal6] 11:54 pm: yeah...everybody does when they get +6
[Manimal6] 11:54 pm: Ely lines up for a charge.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->Manimal6] 11:54 pm: you should have +6/+1
[Manimal6->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:55 pm: I do!
[] 11:55 pm: Arrow slams into the badger's waist. Piercing half way up the shaft.
[] 11:55 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+3)
[] 11:55 pm:
-> 1d8 (4)+ 3 (3) = 7


[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:55 pm: Rana gets knocked on his haunches by two quick arrows to the chest
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:55 pm: no badgers
[->DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:56 pm: down to 6 hp roll will?
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:56 pm: Suddenly, you hear a voice.
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:56 pm: WAIT
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:56 pm: You are not them
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:56 pm: yes
[] 11:57 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d20+11)
[] 11:57 pm:
-> 1d20 (20)+ 11 (11) = 31


[Manimal6] 11:57 pm: Ely starts his charge put pulls on the reins to stop
[Manimal6] 11:57 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d20+9)
[Manimal6] 11:57 pm:
-> 1d20 (16)+ 9 (9) = 25


[DM_Running_Farland_3.5->] 11:57 pm: you stay awake
[Manimal6] 11:57 pm: Ely rolls ride
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:57 pm: Ely...roll for ride
[DM_Running_Farland_3.5] 11:57 pm: ohkay

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
06-01-2009, 01:01 PM
Man from the shadows-
Explain yourselves. Why have you attacked my farm?

Manimal6
06-01-2009, 03:00 PM
Ely: Good sir, you misunderstand us. We are traveling back to Beckenhausen. This is the first farm that we have come across that has not been burnt to the ground. My friends and I were just checking the farm before we carried on. I am Lord Ely Van Furst of Beckenhausen. Who are you, sir?
Diplomacy

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
06-01-2009, 04:49 PM
His voice softens. Only a nudge.

The name is Yoland Killian. You are on my land. How is it that you are alive out here?

Panthro82
06-01-2009, 05:28 PM
Wilhelm: With some luck, and some skill. Who did you think that we were Sir Killian?

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
06-01-2009, 06:03 PM
In a deep Scot-like brogue:
Why, the dark folk that have been raiding! Step into the light.

Manimal6
06-01-2009, 06:18 PM
Ely dismounts, leaves all weapons on Donner, and steps into the light.

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
06-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Sheild Bearer of Heshtail! You are, of course welcome here.

Manimal6
06-01-2009, 11:17 PM
Judging by the dire badgers that appeared amoung us you are strong in the faith yourself.
*Ely tries to determine what deity from holy symbols or anything else visible*
knowledge:religion

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
06-02-2009, 07:15 AM
You can see nothing of the man.
To call him a shadow is an understatement.

Manimal6
06-02-2009, 07:11 PM
When did the Darkfolk begin the raids around here, again?

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
06-03-2009, 10:31 AM
Killian - any friends of Heshtail are friends of mine. Come in come in. Quickly, before we get caught up in a real battle.
Are there any more with you, Shield Bearer?

Manimal6
06-03-2009, 11:09 AM
We have many many more with us, good sir. Do you have room to put up 40 people? As a Sheild Bearer of Heshtail I must check the purity of your soul before I can accept your generous offer. This would not be a problem would it?

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
06-03-2009, 11:52 AM
I can assure you two things:
I have room.
I have nothing to hide.

Manimal6
06-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Good to hear, sir.
Ely faces the man in the door and begins to pray to Heshtail.
*casts detect evil*

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
06-03-2009, 04:18 PM
--There is a moment where there seems to be some resistance. But it disappears almost as quickly as you noticed it. He is a good as they get.--

Panthro82
06-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Rana(whispering to Ely): You might want to mention to this man that we are in possession of a half demon infant. I will go to get the others. Perhaps this time, show more tact then charging at a barn with your weapon drawn before you even know if there is an ally inside it or not...

Manimal6
06-03-2009, 08:42 PM
When walkting back to the group Ely waits until he is out of ear shot of the cleric. 'I an not sure anyone should be told of the child, we may want to keep that between us for now.' Ely smiles at Rana, 'And wasn't it you you led the battle cry about the false attack and to charge the barn?'

Panthro82
06-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Rana: How will we keep it a secret? This man seems to hold a decent amount of power. I think lying or keeping something from him might be a bad idea. If you recall, I suggested as we walked towards the barn in the first place that you not draw your weapon. People tend to fight when they see people charging at their homestead with weapons drawn.

Manimal6
06-03-2009, 08:53 PM
Agreed. We will not hide the child but we will not advertise him either.

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
06-03-2009, 09:02 PM
Trod meets you as you return.
Milord, we heard the fittin. Weda come but. We so tired, lord.

Manimal6
06-03-2009, 09:06 PM
Ely: Trod, everything is under control. Leave the fighting to us. We will be staying here the night.

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
06-03-2009, 09:07 PM
Out in the open, lord?

Yes, lord.

Manimal6
06-03-2009, 09:09 PM
At the farm, good Trod.

Panthro82
06-03-2009, 09:12 PM
Rana(to Ely): I honestly think we should come right out and tell Sir Killian. This baby is a bullseye, and we could be drawing him into a situation he deserves to know about beforehand. He should be told by either you or Wilhelm.

Manimal6
06-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Heinrich himself wanted to kill the child and I know and trust him. You of all people, Rana, should be weary of stangers.

Panthro82
06-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Rana(laughs heartily): It is true this isn't the summervale. It seems as if danger comes from all sides in this land...If he doesn't want us to stay after he finds out about the child, then we leave. We were intending on traveling at this time anyways. I just feel like we could be drawing additional attention to his homestead by having this child here. I don't know. I think it is attention he deserves to know about before hand. Maybe I am thinking too much of it...

Manimal6
06-03-2009, 09:26 PM
I am not sure how much of a bullseye this child even is. We may be jumping to conclusions with this as well. Trod and his people need to rest though. Look at them.

Panthro82
06-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Rana(looks at commoners): Agreed. I will not help in deception if the topic comes up though..

Manimal6
06-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Nor will I, good friend.

Panthro82
06-03-2009, 09:44 PM
Wilhelm: It is refreshing, Sir Killian, to find someone of the cloth of Heshtail! Let us go inside. It is dangerous in this area at this hour...

Manimal6
06-03-2009, 09:47 PM
Ely sees to it that Trod and his people get settled in. Then finds Jayen and Max.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Bri sticks to Ely's side.

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
06-04-2009, 08:09 AM
Killian - I? A servant of Heshtail? Nay. I follow Bestra and the natural world. I am woodsman by trade who has come to a deeper understanding of Nurion and the land under our toes.

Panthro82
06-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Wilhelm: My apologies for the mistake. In any case it is nice to find a haven for the night. This land seems riddled with treachery. Tell me how have you managed to avoid the chaos the land around you has seen?

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
06-05-2009, 08:32 PM
The man smiles.
Those badgers?
That was but the tip of the goblin's nose.

Roll Spot.

Panthro82
06-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Wilhelm Spot

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
06-07-2009, 07:12 PM
You see his hands blur and hear the faint (very faint) sound of metal on leather.

Manimal6
06-07-2009, 07:27 PM
I assume everything was alright with who Ely was checking on, so he joins the rest of the group. Bri keeps and eye on likely avenues of approach to the farm.

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
06-07-2009, 07:47 PM
Bri - roll spot.
Ely - you arrive just in time...roll spot.

Manimal6
06-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Ely's Spot
Bri's Spot

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
06-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Ely - refer to Rana's spot
Bri - you notice that there are others watching the same lanes you are

Manimal6
06-07-2009, 08:04 PM
Bri- Who are they? Are the human? spot
Ely- Impressive handwork, friend...

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
06-07-2009, 08:05 PM
They are...humanish. They are in the shadows. Probably human, elven, half-elven.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Killian - Thank you.

Does it more slowly, but with no less grace.

You see a scimitar and a rapier float from their until then unnoticed scabbards, twirl in his hands and find their homes again.

Manimal6
06-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Bri feels comfortable that it's being handled and joins Ely.
spot

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
06-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Everyone roll fortitude
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Huddled, cheek by jowl, you see a see of humanoids in Yoland's ranch.
Mostly humans, but you see a family of ogres, a smattering of half-orcs, some elves and of course half-elves. Most seem scared, some seem confused and all seem wary of the new arrivals.

Manimal6
06-07-2009, 08:13 PM
Ely Fortitude
Bri Fortitude
This is what Bri sees?

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
06-07-2009, 08:14 PM
Try again for Bri's fortitude.
This is what Bri and Ely see.

Manimal6
06-07-2009, 08:19 PM
[roll=1d20+3] Bri FORT[/roll"]
Ely- What is the meaning of this?!

Panthro82
06-07-2009, 08:20 PM
Rana Fortitude
Wilhelm Fortitude

Manimal6
06-07-2009, 08:22 PM
fort

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
06-07-2009, 08:25 PM
hehBri Fortitude

These are families that have either sought me out for refuge or I have sought out. As soon as I Meunydayn and her Bloody Hand wandering Baron's River Valley, I knew they could be up to no good. I harried them as I could, but eventually fell back to defend my own family (he nods over to a graying woman and some teenaged children attending to some wounded people). As I fell back, I collected up the familes I could. No sooner had I begun to fortify my ranch, than a squad of her ditch licking scum came a knocking on my stoop. You'll see they only managed to scorch my out buildings. The crows finished them off.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Rana and Bri, roll 1d4-1

Manimal6
06-07-2009, 08:29 PM
Ely- The Ogres?! Did they come or were they brought here?

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
06-07-2009, 08:30 PM
Yoland casually places his hands on his blades.

They were brought here.
And?

Panthro82
06-07-2009, 08:31 PM
Rana ???

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
06-07-2009, 08:32 PM
Oh. And d4+1

Panthro82
06-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Rana ???

Manimal6
06-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Ely- Why would one shelter Ogres?

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
06-07-2009, 08:39 PM
Bri - roll 1d4-1 and 1d4+1
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Ogres that have done nothing wrong?

Panthro82
06-07-2009, 08:44 PM
Rana sense motive
spot

Manimal6
06-07-2009, 08:44 PM
?!
?!

Ely- And you can vouch for them?

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
06-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Yoland's motive is two-fold:
Let you know he's in charge, not you. And to ease your mind about the ogres.

- Can I vouch for them? Do you think I would allow killers and rapists into my house with my wife and children?
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Rana - you don't see anything

Manimal6
06-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Ely- No, that is why I am confused.
Bri- What is happening to me?

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
06-07-2009, 08:51 PM
You don't look well, Elhan.

Panthro82
06-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Rana(To Wilhelm quietly): Something isn't right. I don't feel right.

Wilhelm Spell craft

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
06-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Everything seems normal enough.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Yoland - do you mind?

*Reaches out a hand towards Bri*

Manimal6
06-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Ely borrows Bri's longsword and watched Yoland very carefully.
Bri stares at Yoland with a mix of distrust and plea for help.

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
06-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Yoland scoops a handful of dirt from the floor and rubs it on your arm. While rubbing it, he starts to pray to Bestra. A feeling like burning lava on ice rolls over you.

You still feel weak, though.

Panthro82
06-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Wilhelm: What is causing this?

Manimal6
06-07-2009, 09:06 PM
Ely- Yoland... You better start explaining some things pretty fast. What is happening to my sister and our friends?

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
06-07-2009, 09:09 PM
He says very slowly and (so far as you can tell) truthfully:
I do not know. It is not by my hand. It seems that she has some sort of disease. The Elhan back there. He seems ill, too.

Panthro82
06-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Rana: It appears then that you have no control over anyone here. You say you wouldn't allow an ogre here unless you knew that they were someone that you could trust. Yet there is someone right under your nose causing pain to innocent people...If you do not know this...then how can you be sure of anything?

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
06-07-2009, 09:15 PM
Elhan, I would watch your tone with me for one. And for another, how dare you accuse a guest of mine without knowing anything about whether it was them or not?

Anyone with knowledge religion, roll.

Manimal6
06-07-2009, 09:16 PM
Ely- You swear to Bestra that you are not in league with those raiding these lands?
sense motive

Panthro82
06-07-2009, 09:18 PM
Wilhelm Knowledge: Religion
Rana Knowledge: Religion

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
06-07-2009, 09:20 PM
I swear to Bestra that I am not in any way involved in the raids. Except to destroy them. - his words are truth -

You realize that maybe this is a disease that you can find out more about (hint...look at your spells available and your skills available)

Manimal6
06-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Ely Religion

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
06-07-2009, 09:24 PM
You realize that there are gods.

Manimal6
06-07-2009, 09:25 PM
Ely- Good enough for me. *Ely shealthes Bri's sword into her scabard and begins to look her over.*
Heal

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
06-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Her skin is looking thin and she is sweating bullets. She obviously has something.

Panthro82
06-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Rana (casts level 0 detect magic)

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
06-07-2009, 09:31 PM
There is no magic detectable other than that which is always present around those who can tap into the maelstrom.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
A second look around the room shows you that most, if not all, of the people in the room are injured to a greater or lesser degree.

Manimal6
06-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Ely cast detect poison

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
06-07-2009, 09:35 PM
On whom?

Manimal6
06-07-2009, 09:39 PM
Briallara

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
06-07-2009, 09:41 PM
She has not been poisoned.

Panthro82
06-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Wilhelm Knowledge:Plains
Knowledge:Nature

Manimal6
06-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Ely tries to think of everything he has ever learned about disease.
heal
religion

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
06-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Wilhelm - your musings reveal nothing to you.
Ely - she has flu-like symptoms and possibly has a supernatural disease.

Panthro82
06-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Rana: Where did you get your arrows from Sir Killian?

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
06-07-2009, 09:56 PM
I made them myself. I have for years. As I made my bow. As I told you before, I have nothing to hide. You may inspect them if you'd like.

Panthro82
06-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Rana(Whispers to Wilhelm)
Wilhelm(Detect Poison level 0: Arrows)

Manimal6
06-09-2009, 08:48 AM
Ely- I have a plan. Have Heinrich help Briallara around. Bri will gather all the information she can from all those infected. When this came on? Does everyone have the same thing? Does elven blood have anything to do with it? Whatever else she can find. With that information Ely, Rana, and Wilhelm will put there heads together and try to find the supernatural cause behind it (knowledge:religion). I am not sure of other skills from others that may help.

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
06-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Where is the baby?

Manimal6
06-09-2009, 11:32 AM
With Jayen. Ely will inspect the wrap the child came in and the child himself.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Ely takes Max from Jayen and brings him to see Yoland.

Panthro82
06-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Rana: I don't think it involves being elven. Heinrich isn't affected. Also I think with Brillara being affected it might not be wise to have her do anything but rest. If she goes up to others she might infect them as well. Maybe we can ask Yoland if anyone else here has the same symptoms as Brillara that he is aware of...