PDA

View Full Version : Nyambe: African Adventures. Who's played it?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-02-2009, 03:35 PM
Nyambe: African Adventures. This is a DnD D20 game. Who's played it? I've been interested in playing said game for years. I think, finally, I'm going to break down and purchase it. Who here has experience with Nyambe, and what are your experiences and thoughts. Your opinions are important to me.

Here's a link i found on Google. So far, I've read only good things about it but wanted to hear it from P&PG members.

http://www.thegamekeep.com/nyambe.html

Ebay has alot offered. Here's a link: http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m37.l1313&satitle=nyambe&category0=

Please share?

BrotherDog
05-04-2009, 02:58 AM
I always considered using it for one of Ęber-Toril's unused continents, but never got around to it. I've only seen the free web preview material. I also wanted to find a good Ausie-like setting.

Otakar
05-04-2009, 09:02 AM
I've thought about getting this one too. I remember looking at it a couple of years ago and there was a small (unofficial) website dedicated to it. I just tried to "Google" it but did not see the web site within the first few pages. Let us know if you get it.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-04-2009, 10:36 AM
That web site you speak of, Okatar, is probably-hopefully-listed on the back cover of said modules. First one to pick it up, be sure to list the web address here. I, too, would love to know the web address.

Otakar
05-05-2009, 09:53 AM
That web site you speak of, Okatar, is probably-hopefully-listed on the back cover of said modules. First one to pick it up, be sure to list the web address here. I, too, would love to know the web address.

I've just spent about 30 Min looking for it with no joy. Sorry. It's bugging me a little because I remember it was a private site representing a small community that seemed to be running their own campaign. Again, this was back in 2003, 2004 when I was looking into it. I do have a copy of Testament for 3.5. I can't get my head around DMing something that doesn't include all the cool monsters and races. I just feel that I wouldn't be giving my players the full experience. Plus, I really need pre-generated adventures. I guess I lack in the DM department but I would definitely be willing to be a player in that type of game.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-03-2010, 12:56 PM
Anyone? Anyone played it? It looks great.

outrider
03-03-2010, 03:26 PM
I have read it and the magic item supplement. I have it somewhat included in my setting but haven't done anything with it.