PDA

View Full Version : If you had unlimited funds, what would you do with it?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-02-2009, 12:36 PM
If you had unlimited funds, what would you do with it? We all dream about winning the lottery, so if you did, what would you spend the money on. Feel free to be as specific as you wish. Go crazy with your answers! :eek:

Me? Pick up my instructor ratings in both aircraft and helicopters. I'd also own a few aircraft. I'd also purchase one of the missile silo sites/homes that are up for sale. Why? It's the Underdark fan in me.

How 'bout the rest of you? Share away!

MortonStromgal
05-02-2009, 12:51 PM
Id fund a low-income housing project. Buy a house & a boat. Start a Linux company. Build my bar. And try to buy the Shadowrun licenses from Tops and Microsoft.

Dimthar
05-02-2009, 01:44 PM
I buy a bunch of land in Africa and play Real Sin City there ...

.... I mean SIM City!

:)

Was interested in setting Desalinization Plants, create Dams, Solar Energy (Wind if is good),

Super Public Transportation, with High Speed Trains connecting the Suburb (Houses) with the Industrial Areas. In the Coast create a High-End Resort City with Theme Parks, people will work there and live at least 150 miles away (use high speed trains to move them) Zero Private Beaches, all Buildings at least 300 yards from the coast.

For Housing was thinking in only apartment complexes (Hong Kong Type) but with lots and lots of Green land, pools, soccer fields (and other sports), between each building. Will try to make it Car Free.

ronpyatt
05-02-2009, 03:59 PM
Start off small and buy as many friends as possible. Then purchase a new planet. Once I get the hang of spending then I'll buy a galaxy or another universe. I'm not sure what would be next, but purchasing a couple dimensions or an entire timeline might be worthwhile.

Grimwell
05-02-2009, 04:09 PM
Spend it.

Pay off my mortgages. Do the same for my family. Invest a good portion of it. Give to my wife's church. Tour the world. Amass many more toys than I currently have.

Panthro82
05-03-2009, 02:03 AM
Buy a sick dream house. Buy some cars. Take care of my family?(like a pack of wolves, when I eat they do too). Create/start a comic book company with my friend as the head illustrator(cause he already does illustrate comic books professionally), and myself and 2 other friends as the head writers, and put out a comic book, book I have been working on. Publish my own books. extravagant fun things I would do is buy unopened booster boxes of Magic Alpha, Beta, Arabian Nights and bust them open. Do the same for sports cards old school boxes. I would purchase Scarlett Johannsen, Lyndsey Lohan, and various other hot women to be my servants ;) I would also fund space exploration, research, and technology to the max. I would also buy France and have it demolished, replacing it with a giant amusement park called Chris Land which would have a ton of roller coasters

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-03-2009, 03:06 AM
Heck, I'd fund Firefly, the television series, and sign them all on for lifetime contracts.

Etarnon
05-03-2009, 04:55 PM
I wouldn't do anything differently. I like my life the way it is.

Kaewin
05-03-2009, 07:20 PM
First I would give half of my winning to my mom as she would to me if she won the lottery and then buy a new home, somewthing with rooms for each of the kids and a space for my junk. Get a new car for myself. Nothing to big just something for the family. I would fix up my house and car and find some homeless or poor people who could use them as thier own. I would give about 100 thousand dollars to the local food bank, salvation army C-Cap (a charity program here in Winchester). A bit to a few of the local churchs. I would go to walmart and buy 100 $100 gift cards. I would then sponsor a food night at Salvation Army (cater from a BBQ place) and give out the gift cards to all of the people. For the holidays I would adopt a couple of families from social services.

I would have a HUGE party in Jim Barnnet park and invite anyone who wanted to show up (I would advertise on a couple of the local radio stations)

After that I would buy a house for my sister in laws and pay off the mother in law's house. I would then give each a quarter mil.

I would then set up a trust for each of my kids
I would have aprty for my firneds and slid them a bit o' cash.

And after that my wife would put most of it away for later use and leave me with a small bit of cash which I would spend foolishly.

I have this senerio set up in my head each time I buy lottery tickets

mrken
05-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Unlimited funds? That's like the more I spend the more I have. Would that make me a Senator?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Unlimited funds? That's like the more I spend the more I have. Would that make me a Senator?
Sure would. And you know what's best about being a Senator? After one term in office, you get 100% pay for your retirement for the rest of your life. Oh, and let's not forget, you get the extra special medical insurance that is immune to any socialized govt funded insurance ever to be inacted. Pretty cool, right? ...and some power too.

nijineko
05-03-2009, 08:58 PM
unlimited funds?

i would spread humanity throughout the stars.

Goreaddict
05-03-2009, 10:07 PM
I would do A LOT more than I could possible type. As far just dreams or something I'd like to achieve start a gaming company, and bring life into a lot of the ideas that me and my friends have past around. (a new shadowrun rpg would be nice, the newest game doesn't do the shadowrun world justice. I'd like to see the old snes or genesis version revamped with a more solid and realistic story line more open world etc.)

kirksmithicus
05-03-2009, 10:37 PM
I wouldn't do anything good with it.

Panthro82
05-04-2009, 12:32 AM
Im sort of a villain, so I guess another thing I'd do is create an Ultimate Extreme Bum Fighting League where 1 saturday a month bums would square off in a tournament and the winner would get 1 million dollars. No rules. Fight to the death if you'd like to. The losers would get sandwiches, pringles, and Shasta Diet Orange. It would be televised nationally. I don't need sponsers but my unlimited funds get that way somehow so I would have sponsers....I'm sure Mountain Dew would be all over it since I threw an extreme in the title. Between the sponsers and the ratings, my unlimited funds would become extremely unlimited(Thanks partially to Mt. Dew)

drewshi
05-04-2009, 05:20 AM
I'd start up my own multi-media company, with a television and movie division, audio division, and publishing division that would have its own comics, novels, and gaming imprints. Many of the works I'd produced would be tied into each division and I'd make sure that nobody could dictate the content of the works I developed but the original creators.

Hey, you said what would I do; I never said it would be realistic.

Smilin' Jack
05-04-2009, 07:45 AM
I would hire a bunch of professional D&D players to come over every day and play my home brew games, always... ALWAYS... praising my skill and creativity.

But I really like the Bum Fight idea, too.

GoddessGood
05-04-2009, 11:03 AM
Pay off the debts of my friends and family. Get my mom a better house, better car, give my brother enough money for college and then some. Fund my boyfriend's hairbrained scheme for a company :), take all my friends and family on a great vacation somewhere awesome. Then, start revitalization projects in Dallas as a non-for-profit company and include education scholarships and grants.

Skunkape
05-04-2009, 11:07 AM
I'd also purchase one of the missile silo sites/homes that are up for sale. Why? It's the Underdark fan in me.

How 'bout the rest of you? Share away!

Ah, you check out those sites too?!:lol:

I even bought the video tape they were offering, not sure if they still do or not.

But yeah, I'd probably buy the Titan site, if they still had it available, the size of it alone makes me drool!:D

I'd also have to buy an RV so that I could tool around the country from time to time! Beyond that, have one killer gaming room at every home I owned! I know I'd own at least two, the current one, with quite a few upgrades and the missile silo!:lol:

Oh yeah, forgot to add that I would have the best game store in the area where I currently live!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-04-2009, 11:21 AM
Ah, you check out those sites too?!:lol:

I even bought the video tape they were offering, not sure if they still do or not.

But yeah, I'd probably buy the Titan site, if they still had it available, the size of it alone makes me drool!:D

I'd also have to buy an RV so that I could tool around the country from time to time! Beyond that, have one killer gaming room at every home I owned! I know I'd own at least two, the current one, with quite a few upgrades and the missile silo!:lol:

Oh yeah, forgot to add that I would have the best game store in the area where I currently live!
Oh yeah! I want that one. I'm picking it up as soon as i have the fundage.

mrken
05-04-2009, 12:45 PM
A missile silo? I want a missile silo. Do they come with reloads?

Skunkape
05-07-2009, 08:41 AM
A missile silo? I want a missile silo. Do they come with reloads?

Yeah, but the paperwork and costs will kill ya!:D

Rook
05-26-2009, 09:24 AM
I'd clean-slate myself and all my friends, paying off all debts. Then I'd travel, first throughout the U.S., then the world. Life would be all about experiences. I'd also set up college and philanthropic funds, and probably volunteer time teaching with the PEACE fund. I know...boring. True, though.

GoddessGood
05-26-2009, 10:31 AM
Comission some character art from this place (http://avatarart.com) :). I like the art, but I'm too cheap and will likely just continue dolling.

Dytrrnikl
05-28-2009, 08:55 AM
My friends and I always joke about the winning the lottery.

By all of my friends and family's houses and sell them back to them for a new, shiny roll of freshly minted pennies for the current year.

Pay off my own debts.

Play golf 4 times a week.

Create my very own Bagend.

Start my own gaming company.

Pay George Lucas to make Episodes 7, 8, and 9 like he originally intended.

Moritz
05-28-2009, 09:23 AM
Leave

PhishStyx
05-28-2009, 07:31 PM
Wait, are we talking trillions or merely in the hundreds of millions?

If it's trillions, I would fund stem cell research until my team found cures for a half-dozen diseases and then shove it in the faces of Republicans.

If it's just something like $500 million or so, I'm starting a publishing company and buying up outstanding shares of GM, Chrysler, and Tesla until I have significant interest in the first 2.
Then. . . then my master plan begins.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Panthro82
05-28-2009, 09:51 PM
its unlimited Phish... spend to your hearts desire. I only wanted a few things...like bum fights and unlimited space exploration/research

GoddessGood
05-29-2009, 07:42 AM
Pay George Lucas to make Episodes 7, 8, and 9 like he originally intended.
If you do this, make sure he's not writing them.

Panthro82
05-29-2009, 03:20 PM
yea, I don't want to see George Lucas create a "new" lovable character who is goofy, and clumsy and his name is har har flinks....(ugh)

wulfdesign
05-29-2009, 04:02 PM
unlimited funds?
i would spread humanity throughout the stars.

not much different that I'm doing now...

start a gaming company...

build a floating island and live on it.
btw. think floating Missile silo for starters
start a sovereign nation.

start implementing the "Colonizing the Galaxy in Eight Easy Steps" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_Universe_Foundation)
in my own way that is...

start a self sustainable retirement community for gamers.
with each housing unit having it's own theme..

build a Sky House
(basically a large dome with enough lift to weight to act as a hot air/helium balloon)

fund the Methuselah Foundation (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.methuselahfoundation.org%2F&ei=WEkgSr6JMaHqtQO5y-SWBA&usg=AFQjCNEDzSmeFH7uB4OMBo5Mcgx92l4Q2g&sig2=nY7P4hUWxlBESV_16Pkpkg) (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.methuselahfoundation.org%2F&ei=WEkgSr6JMaHqtQO5y-SWBA&usg=AFQjCNEDzSmeFH7uB4OMBo5Mcgx92l4Q2g&sig2=nY7P4hUWxlBESV_16Pkpkg)

Build a Eden Dome (http://www.edenproject.com/) like Biosphere that is a fully sealed ecosystem.
take the design and move it off planet
preferably earth orbit, moon, or asteroid.

"Ad astra per aspera" - To the stars through difficulty.

William Murderface
06-06-2009, 12:21 PM
unlimited funds would allow me to build a nuclear shelter stocked for 250 years in the middle of the desert with distilled water and rations and three stories per person
then i would have the war room full of every conceivable weapon necessary to protect against home invasion with one little trophy, a F-22 jet with fuel ready to fly at any given moment then i would inject the worlds 10 smartest scientists with a 5 year strain of aids and watch the cure appear as if by magick and claim no knowledge at all then cancer would follow