PDA

View Full Version : The confession thread...

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-02-2009, 10:45 AM
The confession thread... Please share something about yourselves that very few people, if any, know about you. Remember folks, it can be anything, even secret ambitions. :eek:

What share you?

Sascha
05-02-2009, 02:48 PM
Despite the candy coating of cynicism, I'm a romantic at heart.

matosapanajin
05-02-2009, 03:14 PM
I want to form a fully self sufficient altruistic mercenary community where cars are illegal

kirksmithicus
05-03-2009, 12:04 AM
My name is not really Kirk Smith

Panthro82
05-03-2009, 02:07 AM
My name is not really Panthro. I also would love to replace elderly peoples medications everywhere with HGH, thus creating an army of super strong geriatric mega warriors used for my eventual world domination

BrotherDog
05-03-2009, 04:45 AM
My name is not really Panthro. I also would love to replace elderly peoples medications everywhere with HGH, thus creating an army of super strong geriatric mega warriors used for my eventual world domination

All we'd need do is close all the Country Kitchen Buffets, and your plan would be foiled. Muahahahahahahahahahahahaha....

I confess, I just farted.

kirksmithicus
05-03-2009, 11:59 PM
All we'd need do is close all the Country Kitchen Buffets, and your plan would be foiled. Muahahahahahahahahahahahaha....

I confess, I just farted.

I confess, I just laughed until I farted.

templeorder
05-08-2009, 04:05 PM
I confess to consuming heroic quantities of drugs and alcohol, like rock star levels and beyond, for a period of 3 years. I should be dead. Even my dealer cut me off. Thank the stars i have such good friends, though most of them have no clue the depth to which i had sunk.

cplmac
05-08-2009, 04:41 PM
although mentioned on the best bands thread, yes I have been in a country band. We played in bars and I was still in High School.

Panthro82
05-08-2009, 05:28 PM
although mentioned on the best bands thread, yes I have been in a country band. We played in bars and I was still in High School.

Lol, don't be ashamed CPL! I respect you much more then if you were in a rap group!

Talmek
05-08-2009, 07:01 PM
I must confess...

I've been at odds with myself on whether or not to begin writing again.

traesin
09-11-2009, 08:50 AM
I must confess.....

I Hate Oregon!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-11-2009, 12:21 PM
I must confess...

I'd love to be a musician in a band. If only i could find the time.

CEBedford
09-11-2009, 07:54 PM
I confess that I'm afraid, a lot. I'm not really sure why, and it's not a crippling phobia fear, just a regularly present anxiety.

-Crash-
09-11-2009, 09:29 PM
I must confess...

I HATE the Cadillac Escalade, and could rant on and on about how much of a waste of money it is, but thats neither here nor there.

1958Fury
09-11-2009, 09:34 PM
I must confess...

Sometimes I shower in the nude.

templeorder
09-12-2009, 08:30 AM
I must confess, i think i am OCD about gaming. Its the one constant in my life for the last 30 years. Its one of the only ways i truly i enjoy what i am doing.

traesin
09-12-2009, 06:12 PM
I must confess...
O have to wear socks to bed....something left over from childhood.

XeroDrift
09-12-2009, 10:07 PM
I must confess...

I poop an average of three times a day

CEBedford
09-12-2009, 10:11 PM
I must confess that I'm not really an angry guy.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-13-2009, 12:20 AM
When living alone, i not only liked to strip inside my door when getting home, but to sleep in the buff.

Epiphany: Come to think of it, once my secret got out, i had quite a few female friends visit unexpectedly.

Yes, Thoth has a very giving nature to his succubi. :rolleyes:

XeroDrift
09-13-2009, 08:09 PM
I sometimes to forget to was my pillowcase until it starts smelling like forehead

CEBedford
09-13-2009, 10:35 PM
I sometimes to forget to was my pillowcase until it starts smelling like forehead

I must confess that I was not aware a forehead had it's own smell.

Etarnon
09-14-2009, 01:40 AM
I have a tattoo of a unicorn with wings like a pegasus, leaping from a cliff with wings spread to fly off into the sunset.

Got this at age 18, San Diego, as a statement "I'm a fantasy gamer."

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-14-2009, 01:47 AM
I have a tattoo of a unicorn with wings like a pegasus, leaping from a cliff with wings spread to fly off into the sunset.

Got this at age 18, San Diego, as a statement "I'm a fantasy gamer."
Be sure to add it here, Etarnon.

http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10835

Dytrrnikl
09-14-2009, 03:38 AM
I must confess...

I despise anytime, no matter how minor, becoming a burden to anyone or asking for help, even if I really need it...which lead to me spending 9 months living on the streets in my early 20s being jobless and homeless.

XeroDrift
09-14-2009, 05:46 PM
I must confess...

I despise anytime, no matter how minor, becoming a burden to anyone or asking for help, even if I really need it...which lead to me spending 9 months living on the streets in my early 20s being jobless and homeless.

Plain hubris Dytrrnikl, "no man is an island unto himself". To take advantage of another person's generosity is wrong, to graciously accept aid born of that generosity when in need is not a shameful thing. One need only repay the kindness in turn whenever possible, whether to that individual or by passing the goodwill along to another. This makes the world, for all, a better place to live.

traesin
09-15-2009, 03:21 AM
When living alone, i not only liked to strip inside my door when getting home, but to sleep in the buff.

Epiphany: Come to think of it, once my secret got out, i had quite a few female friends visit unexpectedly.

Yes, Thoth has a very giving nature to his succubi. :rolleyes:

So what's you address again....

I confess....
I maybe the "crazy cat lady" in training.

Dytrrnikl
09-15-2009, 04:59 AM
Plain hubris Dytrrnikl, "no man is an island unto himself". To take advantage of another person's generosity is wrong, to graciously accept aid born of that generosity when in need is not a shameful thing. One need only repay the kindness in turn whenever possible, whether to that individual or by passing the goodwill along to another. This makes the world, for all, a better place to live.

While I see you're point and many will agree...I do in principle, just not practice. My thinking is, if I get into trouble of any sort, it's due to actions and choices I made consciously or subconsciously, therefore I'm responsible for getting myself straightened out. That same line of thinking also leads me in the direction that I'm not 'worthy' of another's assistance. I have good self-esteem and like who I am, so it's not a matter of self-loathing. I'm am not comfortable with others doing for me what I should be able to do for myself. Example - when I was 22, horsing around in my apartment with some buddies, I fell down a flight of steps and broke my right foot in multiple places. I sent my buddies home, hobbled to the hospital and then walked home with a "wooden" shoe thing over my foot. My thinking, my foot got broke because I was screwing around. Therefore it's my responsibility and no one elses to tend to it. I don't even let my wife take care of me when I get ill, or when I'm in so much pain due to my arthritic knees that I can't stand, yet it's ok for me to baby her when she's ill or hurt (fortunately she loves when I do). SO, I gues after all that, it is a good deal of hubris.

FrederickL
09-15-2009, 05:19 AM
I confess that I have a lifetime of regrets and confessions to make...

Probably why I'm always sick and mostly alone in life ;)

XeroDrift
09-15-2009, 08:55 PM
While I see you're point and many will agree...I do in principle, just not practice. My thinking is, if I get into trouble of any sort, it's due to actions and choices I made consciously or subconsciously, therefore I'm responsible for getting myself straightened out. That same line of thinking also leads me in the direction that I'm not 'worthy' of another's assistance. I have good self-esteem and like who I am, so it's not a matter of self-loathing. I'm am not comfortable with others doing for me what I should be able to do for myself. Example - when I was 22, horsing around in my apartment with some buddies, I fell down a flight of steps and broke my right foot in multiple places. I sent my buddies home, hobbled to the hospital and then walked home with a "wooden" shoe thing over my foot. My thinking, my foot got broke because I was screwing around. Therefore it's my responsibility and no one elses to tend to it. I don't even let my wife take care of me when I get ill, or when I'm in so much pain due to my arthritic knees that I can't stand, yet it's ok for me to baby her when she's ill or hurt (fortunately she loves when I do). SO, I gues after all that, it is a good deal of hubris.

I applaud your sense of personal accountability for your own thoughts and actions, a trait that is all too rare in our litigious "who can I blame" society.

traesin
09-16-2009, 04:55 AM
I confess....

I have trouble in the "dating" dept.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-16-2009, 08:15 AM
I confess....

I have trouble in the "dating" dept.

Sorry to hear, traesin.

I confess...

I have never had trouble in the dating department, just finding a quality date.

I guess there is really no difference for the end result is the same.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-16-2009, 10:21 PM
So what's you address again....

I confess....
I maybe the "crazy cat lady" in training.
An unexpected visit from a beautiful lady is always acceptible. Thoth may not be alive, but he surely isn't dead... just undead.

XeroDrift
09-16-2009, 11:29 PM
I confess...

I once coughed, sneezed and farted simultaneously, thereby rendering myself sterile (and earning an "honorable mention" in the Darwin Awards)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-17-2009, 12:11 AM
I confess...

I once coughed, sneezed and farted simultaneously, thereby rendering myself sterile (and earning an "honorable mention" in the Darwin Awards)
Sterility brought on by sharting. Never heard of that before.

traesin
09-17-2009, 03:24 AM
Sorry to hear, traesin.

I confess...

I have never had trouble in the dating department, just finding a quality date.

I guess there is really no difference for the end result is the same.

I meant Quality too.

I confess...
My real name in Theresa Ann Hensen. I go by Reese though

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-17-2009, 09:21 AM
I meant Quality too.

I confess...
My real name in Theresa Ann Hensen. I go by Reese though
Quality is a rare thing these days. Too bad for us.

XeroDrift
09-17-2009, 04:15 PM
Quality is a rare thing these days. Too bad for us.

Console yourself with quantity

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-17-2009, 05:01 PM
Console yourself with quantity
Always have. It's a wonderful thing. http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

traesin
09-18-2009, 02:20 AM
I confess...

I'm really lazy....

XeroDrift
09-18-2009, 05:54 AM
I confess...

I find Lady GaGa oddly attractive

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-18-2009, 08:34 AM
I confess...

I need to meditate more and for longer durations.

Angelus_Nox
09-19-2009, 04:59 AM
I confess that, despite spending about an hour telling a girl I know that the probability of a planet Nibiru suddenly turning up in the sky is around 0, I'm oddly curious what, if at all, will happen in 2012. "Prophecy"wise, that is.

traesin
09-20-2009, 09:42 AM
I confess....

I collect Smurfs.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-20-2009, 09:47 AM
I confess...

I have collected everything WFRP (both editions), everything Gamma World, and have quite the library of books of all kinds.

traesin
09-20-2009, 01:07 PM
i confess...

I'm a romantic at heart.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-20-2009, 01:42 PM
I confess...

Nuts on cookies, brownies, and cakes is just wrong. So is putting frosting on cookies and brownies. Just wrong i say, wrong, wrong wrong!

XeroDrift
09-21-2009, 09:54 PM
I confess...

Nuts on cookies, brownies, and cakes is just wrong. So is putting frosting on cookies and brownies. Just wrong i say, wrong, wrong wrong!

Variety is the spice of life good sir, while I prefer an unadorned cookie or brownie too, some nutty goodness or a tasty frosting from time to time can be a nice change of pace.

traesin
09-22-2009, 02:50 AM
I confess...

I wear a t-shirt to bed because my cat Toby likes to knead on my skin.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-22-2009, 08:32 AM
I confess...

That i am angry at myself for leaving a few WFRP books in northern california by mistake. These books together are not only hard to obtain but are worth in excess of $400. Sucks.

traesin
09-23-2009, 01:52 AM
I confess...

I like muscle cars!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-23-2009, 08:30 AM
I confess...

I like my Vette.

traesin
09-23-2009, 08:34 AM
:eek:YOU have a Vette!?!?!?!? details man details!!!!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-23-2009, 08:42 AM
I purchased it years ago. Wanted something to work on and have fun with. It's an '88 but everyone tells me it looks mint. I would agree if you stand more than 5 feet away when looking at it. It is 21 years old, after all. No dents, nothing. Paint is even still very nice. It is red with chrome vette rims. I do want to switch the rims out soon for some 5-spoke zr-1 rims with the super beefy rear tires, but all my money is going into school at this time.

I would have preferred a stick shift and a convertible top but where i was working at the time plus the california stop-and-go commutes, it made more sense to go automatic and have a top less likely for one to cut into. Next Vette will be a convertible and a stick, but until then, this one is alot of fun. It even runs perfect.

Okay, :focus:

traesin
09-23-2009, 08:46 AM
:jaw:
I confess....

I'm jealous of Thoth's Vette.

Sascha
09-23-2009, 08:04 PM
I confess ... I nearly fell asleep in statistics today.

(Also, I think my cultural anthro teacher is rather cute. But I never said it~)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-23-2009, 09:23 PM
I confess...

I'd rather be eating anything than what i am eating tonight.

traesin
09-24-2009, 01:42 AM
I confess...

I believe on ghosts.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-24-2009, 01:54 AM
I confess...

I've seen ghosts.

traesin
09-24-2009, 05:55 AM
I confess...

I've seen ghosts.
me too.

I confess...
I grew up in a hunted house.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-24-2009, 08:39 AM
I confess...

I worked in one, and it was great. Only thing, never saw the ghosts there but sure heard them playing pool all night in the next room. Very cool.

traesin
09-24-2009, 08:57 AM
I confess...

I used to hunt ghosts out in the boonies never where I grew up. Especially after I saw the two glowing eyes outside my bedroom door.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-24-2009, 09:40 AM
I confess...

I've seen spaceships (UFO's) numerous times in my life. Very cool.

There were people with me, and no, i wasn't on something. :D

XeroDrift
09-24-2009, 05:36 PM
I confess ... I nearly fell asleep in statistics today.

(Also, I think my cultural anthro teacher is rather cute. But I never said it~)

I wonder what percentage of people fall asleep in statistics class... heh heh

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-24-2009, 08:21 PM
I did it in calculus once. So i guess you can group me into the category that falls asleep in Stats.

traesin
09-25-2009, 01:45 AM
I confess...

i'm bored.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-25-2009, 08:14 AM
I confess...

i'm bored.
I confess...

I know a cure for boredom.

traesin
09-25-2009, 08:58 AM
I confess...

I'd like to know you cure...

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-25-2009, 09:04 AM
I confess...

I'd like to know you cure...
Be careful what you wish for, traesin.

I confess...

Thought about writing my memoires... of a sort, of all the weird and unusual experiences that i've had--sightings, etc. It would be very cool, but i'm thinking i need to use a name other than my own. Wouldn't want the religious right burning crosses in my front yard, after all.

traesin
09-27-2009, 12:15 AM
I confess...

I'm skipping class tomarrow to game.

XeroDrift
09-28-2009, 06:39 AM
I confess...

I slept for twelve hours last night, for no good reason.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-28-2009, 10:31 AM
I confess...

Longest i've been awake is over 3 days... naturally. No illegal supplements, none.

Malruhn
09-28-2009, 12:52 PM
I've met and surpassed ALL of my career goals.

When I enlisted in the Coast Guard, I set a goal of one day to become a Chief Petty Officer... and if the Maritime gods truly smiled on me, perhaps, one day, to be a Command Chief (1st Sergeant equivalent). Well, I've been promoted twice since I made Chief - and I spent a tour as a Command Senior Chief. I'm living in a world in which my only real goal is to retire some day - and as long as I don't screw up badly enough to go to prison, that's a done deal.

Can I mention that I love being a Master Chief? My daughter popped my ego-bubble when she told me, "Ooooh! Now you're a video game character! Maybe some day you'll be Mario!!" Danged kids!

Thinking about it - I've met and exceeded ALL of my goals. I wanted to get married some day, and hopefully have a child. Well, my best friend (and wife!!) and I are going to celebrate our 18th this year, and I have three kids... all of which are pretty, funny AND smart (unlike every other child on the planet!!). I wanted a job that I liked - that would pay enough to put food on my table... and I found that in spades. I wanted to see the world - and have been all over heck and creation.

I guess I only have one more goal to work on!!

FIND A DAMNED GAMING GROUP AND STAY THERE LONG ENOUGH TO REALLY GET A CAMPAIGN GOING!!! (e-mails are going out this week to hopefully start this weekend).

traesin
09-29-2009, 01:29 AM
I confess...

I like cheesecake wasy to much.

XeroDrift
09-29-2009, 05:20 AM
I confess...

me too

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-29-2009, 08:30 AM
I confess...

Especially with graham cracker crust.

me too

Me three.

traesin
09-29-2009, 08:35 AM
[quote=Arch Lich Thoth-Amon;112236]Especially with graham cracker crust.

that's the only way to eat it.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-29-2009, 08:49 AM
Sometimes i break down and buy a Calr's Jr cheesecake. Buying a whole pie--which i could eat, mind you--has just too many calories and since i went undead, my metabolism has slowed, if you can believe it.

1958Fury
09-29-2009, 09:51 AM
I confess...

I don't like chocolate.

Sascha
09-29-2009, 10:48 AM
I confess. I shot J.R.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-29-2009, 11:18 AM
I confess...

I killed Conan.

traesin
09-30-2009, 02:02 AM
I confess...

I fell asleep in class today.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-30-2009, 09:29 AM
I confess...

I haven't fallen asleep in class since the 80's, and then, i only drifted a bit.

Sascha
09-30-2009, 12:28 PM
I confess. I've had the same Elton John song stuck in my head all week, and no amount of listening seems to correct the problem.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-30-2009, 03:26 PM
I confess...

The only songs i really ever get stuck in my head are the bad ones, which sucks for me.

traesin
10-01-2009, 03:54 AM
I confess...

I've got the song "the night the lights went out in Georgia" running though my head.

XeroDrift
10-01-2009, 06:33 AM
"The Devil went down to Georgia" makes regular stops in my brain, and doesnt leave for days.

Malruhn
10-02-2009, 06:08 PM
I confess,
My research paper for Abnormal Psychology was supposed to have been a case study... I used Mr. Floyd P. (standard psych paper use of names), who was scarred by an overprotective, uber-controlling mother, and the loss of his Air Force bomber-pilot father during WWII, and ended up building a emotional wall around his feelings to stay in control and so he would never be hurt again. Four VERY corrupt psychiatrists attempted to medicate him into "normalcy" (Doctors Waters, Gilmour, Wright and Mason), with only more profound psychosocial problems arising from the botched medications. It was only through self-treatment (read: similar to bio-feedback, that resembled his own ego's trial at the hands of all the people that had harmed him, that Floyd P. was able to "tear down the wall" and re-enter society.

I was nominated and selected to be published on my very thorough treatment of the case... and only by my insistence that there was a LOT of re-writing that needed to be accomplished, was I able to avoid getting an "F" because I knew that I was going to be outed by music fans.

Thus, my treatment of Pink Floyd's, "The Wall", album would have been my quick trip to the unemployment line. Damn... I had 56 pages of amazingly thorough psychoanalytic work on that project! I considered doing a similar treatment to their "The Final Cut" album, but figured that discretion was the better part of non-failure.

Edited to add: This was in 1984, not recently!!

traesin
10-03-2009, 01:45 PM
I confess...

My ringtone is the Dukes of Hazzard theme song.

Arkhemedes
10-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Okay, first you tell us that you wear socks and t-shirts to bed. And now this.

(Shakes head in despair).

Alright, I confess...

I like Abba and the Carpenters.

And to Malruhn, maybe you should have gone with Pink Floyd's Animals which is their version of Orwell's Animal Farm.

Sascha
10-03-2009, 02:11 PM
Alright, I confess...

I like Abba and the Carpenters.
I confess. Arkhemedes has good taste in confessions.

traesin
10-03-2009, 04:05 PM
I confess....
:redface:

I own several seasons of Dukes of hazzard on dvd.

Arkhemedes
10-03-2009, 06:12 PM
Okay, I confess...

I wear Daisy Duke shorts.

traesin
10-03-2009, 07:16 PM
I'd like to see a picture of that

XeroDrift
10-03-2009, 11:52 PM
i confess...

My ringtone is the dukes of hazzard theme song.

yes!
--- Merged from Double Post ---

Okay, I confess...

I wear Daisy Duke shorts.

69 Boyz lyrics...
"c'mon baby kick them daisies!"
"look at them... (eh, dudes, in this case)... with the daisy dukes on!"

...and thats about as good as it gets... look it up, worst song lyrics ever...

traesin
10-04-2009, 10:12 AM
i confess...

I like John Wayne movies.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-04-2009, 12:49 PM
I confess...

I enjoy sharing a slushy with my date, whoever the lucky lady may be, when going to the movies.

traesin
10-04-2009, 11:52 PM
I confess...

I think my boss at Michaels is good looking. Of coarse so soes the rest of the female staff.

XeroDrift
10-05-2009, 06:33 AM
I confess...

I tend to sleep on the couch a lot, even though there is a perfectly good, and much more comfortable, bed right upstairs.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-05-2009, 10:00 AM
I confess...

I sleep on the recliner. It's just so much more comfortable.

traesin
10-05-2009, 03:14 PM
I confess...

I sometimes sleep out on my deck.

XeroDrift
10-06-2009, 10:10 AM
I confess...

Just replaced my busted water heater, about to take my first shower in four days...

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-06-2009, 10:51 AM
I'm sure your neighbors appreciate it. :laugh:

I confess...

I can't wait till next Monday.

traesin
10-07-2009, 02:36 AM
I confess...

I'm taking a vacation next week.

XeroDrift
10-07-2009, 11:38 AM
I confess...

Bacon is way too tasty for me to ever convert to Judaism or Islam

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-07-2009, 11:54 AM
I confess...

You and be both, XeroDrift.

traesin
10-08-2009, 01:02 AM
I confess...

make me number 3 on that

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-08-2009, 01:41 AM
I confess...

I'm curious where i will be this time next year.

XeroDrift
10-08-2009, 12:03 PM
I confess...

Time really does pass more quickly the older you get, and I'm only 29.

Arkhemedes
10-08-2009, 12:51 PM
I confess...

Toupees make me nervous.

Guess it's a good thing I still have a full head of hair and will never have a need for one.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-08-2009, 01:28 PM
I confess...

Time really does pass more quickly the older you get, and I'm only 29.
I'm 43, and trust me when i say that it goes so much faster in the next 10 years. Sucks.

I confess...

I love women.

kkriegg
10-08-2009, 02:51 PM
I confess...

I ate my mom's last couple cookies and blamed it on the dog. And everyone actually believed me.

Crocket
10-08-2009, 04:14 PM
I confess....

I once got 2 tickets for DUI within 2 weeks of each other. Been sober ever since.

I confess...

I love women.
hmm, ok, what's the problem with that?
Unless, of course, you are a woman...............

Sascha
10-08-2009, 04:38 PM

hmm, ok, what's the problem with that?

(;))

traesin
10-09-2009, 02:16 AM
I confess...

I am really tired tonight.

TheYeti1775
10-09-2009, 11:08 AM
I confess....

I collect Smurfs.
I confess....

I still have a Smurf collection along with the Rasinets. They are sitting on a shelf in the kid's room now. :biggrin:

I confess...

Who doesn't.
But I confess....
That I love my wife's Banana Pudding. So rich you can see the spoon coroding in the sugar as you scoop it out.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-09-2009, 12:42 PM
I confess....

I once got 2 tickets for DUI within 2 weeks of each other. Been sober ever since. Glad to hear it and congrats for making the right decision.

Nothing wrong with that. Heck, if i was a woman, i'd still love women.

And yes, i am 100% straight.

I confess...

I love obe's.

XeroDrift
10-09-2009, 06:09 PM
I confess...

I love SpongeBob

traesin
10-09-2009, 06:46 PM
I confess....

I still have a Smurf collection along with the Rasinets. They are sitting on a shelf in the kid's room now. :biggrin:

Mine are in my living room right next to the swords.
Who doesn't.
But I confess....
That I love my wife's Banana Pudding. So rich you can see the spoon coroding in the sugar as you scoop it out.

Ohhh banana pudding.....Yum!

i confess...
I own a crap load of Disney movies on vhs.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-09-2009, 06:57 PM
I confess...

I love SpongeBob
What the heck is it about that mindless garbage, XeroDrift? I have caught myself watching SpongeBob for long periods of time, too. Must be some subliminal naked babes on there pleading with me tantalizingly to continue watching. Only explaination that makes sense, anyway.

I confess...

I can create whole worlds with just a picture.

Crocket
10-09-2009, 07:30 PM
i confess...
I own a crap load of Disney movies on vhs.

Nothing wrong with that. I do too. Of course, I have 2 kids, but I like watching them too.

Of course I hated it when I was watching one and had dirty thoughts about Tinker Bell. I felt all wrong and felt like taking a shower.
*shudders*
:wacko:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-09-2009, 08:34 PM
I confess...

I own the complete series of Firefly.

kkriegg
10-09-2009, 09:41 PM
I confess...

I've watched every single "Star Trek: The Next Generation" episode twice. And I hate star trek.

Arkhemedes
10-09-2009, 10:02 PM
I confess...

I own the complete series of Firefly.
What kind of confession is that? Don't tell me you're embarrassed to admit it. That show rocked and I'm happy to say that I'm a proud owner of it too!

Sascha
10-09-2009, 10:32 PM
What kind of confession is that? Don't tell me you're embarrassed to admit it. That show rocked and I'm happy to say that I'm a proud owner of it too!
Indeed.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-09-2009, 11:01 PM
Okay, okay, here's another...

I confess...

I've seen every episode of MASH.

Arkhemedes
10-09-2009, 11:17 PM
Hmm. Somehow Thoth, I feel that you're just not digging deep enough.

How about this one...

I confess...

I thought "Star Trek: The Movie" was a good movie and that "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn" was the worst one.

(I got laughed at last week for saying this to some friends of mine.)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-10-2009, 12:10 AM
Okay, okay, here's another...

I confess...

I thought Wing Commander the best representative Traveller rpg related movie every released. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0131646/

Crocket
10-10-2009, 02:22 AM
I confess...

I've watched every single "Star Trek: The Next Generation" episode twice. And I hate star trek.

Star Trek: TNG was one of the greatest TV series ever IMO.
I've probably seen them all 3 or 4 times.
I never could get into the original Star Trek though. Didn't care much for it.

traesin
10-10-2009, 02:39 AM
I confess...

I own the first 2 seasons of Airwolf on dvd.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-10-2009, 08:52 AM
I confess...

I thought the most recent movie release of Star Trek was the best of them all.

traesin
10-10-2009, 04:18 PM
I confess....

I haven't seen the recent star trek yet.

Has it hit netflix yet?

Arkhemedes
10-10-2009, 05:56 PM
I confess...

I thought the most recent movie release of Star Trek was the best of them all.
I confess...

I think I'll have to agree with Thoth on this one.

XeroDrift
10-10-2009, 06:23 PM
I confess...

I haven't seen it either, and I like Star Trek

kkriegg
10-10-2009, 09:49 PM
Star Trek: TNG was one of the greatest TV series ever IMO.

That's what I used to think until I bought all 7 seasons and watched it through. To each their own.

I will confess, I did like Enterprise.

XeroDrift
10-10-2009, 10:02 PM
What the heck is it about that mindless garbage, XeroDrift? I have caught myself watching SpongeBob for long periods of time, too. Must be some subliminal naked babes on there pleading with me tantalizingly to continue watching. Only explaination that makes sense, anyway.

Heh, I wish I knew

Arkhemedes
10-10-2009, 10:37 PM
I confess...

...that I never really liked Dr. McCoy. No, let me rephrase that. I couldn't stand him and his bleeding-heart and his simple-minded country-doctor ways. Clearly meant to be an opposing force to Spock's logic (which wasn't always logical btw), it's obvious that the show's writers spent more time on that aspect than on trying to have McCoy's arguments make any sense. Every time I watched an episode I would pray that McCoy would just die and spare me the misery.

Oh, and then there's Spock, who supposedly could not tell a lie. Whatever! Watch all three seasons back to back and see how many times he lies.

Oh yeah, and then there's the annoying overuse of the word 'impossible.' There again, it wouldn't surprise me if at least half of the episodes has a character at some point say the line, "But that's impossible." You would think that after the first few times they'd realize it isn't impossible, and stop saying that!

Funny then that I was such a big fan of the show. :confused:

Sascha
10-10-2009, 10:46 PM
I confess: Ezri was the cuter Dax. By far.

Funny then that I was such a big fan of the show. :confused:
Shatner hamming it up doesn't cover all the bases?

Arkhemedes
10-10-2009, 11:39 PM
Yeah, I suppose we could throw that one in for the hat trick.

traesin
10-11-2009, 02:57 PM
I confess....

Not big on star trek. It's okay, just not on my top 20 list.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Blasphemer!

XeroDrift
10-11-2009, 05:32 PM
I confess...

I was never really a trekkie, but I did like the shows, my favorite was Deep Space 9. Much better story lines, lots of political intrigue, it played more as a continuous story then one off episodic adventures. It had a greater feeling of scale than the others, which is funny, because it mostly took place at the station rather than all over the galaxy.

traesin
10-11-2009, 11:33 PM
I confess...

I'm a Star Wars fan.

Sascha
10-12-2009, 12:34 AM
I confess...

I'm a Star Wars fan.
The Force is strong with this one.

Richard Littles
10-12-2009, 12:44 AM
I stole Kayeotic's chocolate candy bar...

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-12-2009, 12:45 AM
I confess...

i love 19th century french music.

traesin
10-13-2009, 01:15 AM
I confess...

I like trying to read middle age english texts.

Arkhemedes
10-13-2009, 08:43 AM
I confess...

...I was a bit disappointed in the U2 concert last night. Thanks to Bono's heavy political messages and the last few anti-climatic numbers, it seemed that everyone was leaving the stadium on a bit of a downer note, with their thoughts more on the problems of third world countries than on what a great show it could have been.

Oh well. I had a great time anyway, thanks in a large part to the buddy that went with me and the friendly people sitting around us who really made it a lot of fun (particularly the very cute girl who was there by herself and sat next to me).

Sascha
10-13-2009, 12:47 PM
I confess...

...I was a bit disappointed in the U2 concert last night. Thanks to Bono's heavy political messages and the last few anti-climatic numbers, it seemed that everyone was leaving the stadium on a bit of a downer note, with their thoughts more on the problems of third world countries than on what a great show it could have been.
Reminds me of this Onion article (http://www.theonion.com/content/node/43192), heh.

<snip> (particularly the very cute girl who was there by herself and sat next to me).
Cute girls make just about everything better ^_^

Arkhemedes
10-13-2009, 01:38 PM
That article is hysterical, especially after seeing last night's show. Thanks Sascha!

traesin
10-15-2009, 01:02 AM
I confess...

STAR WARS ROCKS!

Arkhemedes
10-15-2009, 02:38 AM
Ummm...Did you just get through watching Star Wars or something? Everything is all about Star Wars all of a sudden.

traesin
10-15-2009, 10:58 AM
oh. can you tell? ummmm how about.
I confess...

I love playing Anna.

XeroDrift
10-15-2009, 12:08 PM
I confess...

When I was a kid, I would often try to use the force.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-15-2009, 01:54 PM
I confess...

When i was a kid i wanted to be a Vampire. Probably explains why i was Dracula for so many years as a child for Halloween. That's okay though, being a Lich was the better choice later in life in 20-20 hindsight.

kkriegg
10-15-2009, 03:03 PM
I confess...

When I was a kid, I would often try to use the force.

Hey, me too!

traesin
10-16-2009, 01:29 PM
I confess...

I used to play Star Wars in my backyard.

Richard Littles
10-16-2009, 03:41 PM
I confess.....

I don't like any other gaming system besides Hero System. I'm severely addicted to it.

XeroDrift
10-16-2009, 11:41 PM
I confess...

I used to play Star Wars in my backyard.

I used to play Star Wars in my backyard, frontyard, neighbors yard, strangers yard... especially if they werent home, it was like an alien planet complete with a sense of danger (cuz they might come home). I never took or damaged anything (except that one little angel statue, and that was an accident!)

Arkhemedes
10-17-2009, 12:14 AM
I confess...

When Star Wars came out, I was too old to be "playing Star Wars". But I did go see it twice at the theaters. I also remember very distinctly seeing a movie poster for it in the 'Coming Soon' section of the movie posters at the theater long before there were any trailers or commercials for it. The poster simply said "Star Wars" - no picture, no illustration, no catch phrase, nothing but "Star Wars". I also remember being very excited when I saw that poster for the first time despite the fact that I knew absolutely nothing about the movie other than those two words. For me, that was enough. Those two simple words had me totally intrigued. But then, you have to keep in mind that back in those days, decent sci-fi movies were few and far between. We had 'War of the Worlds' and '2001: A Space Odyssey' and that was pretty much it.

kkriegg
10-17-2009, 02:56 AM
I confess...

When Star Wars came out, I wasn't even born. One day, when I was about 6, I saw it playing on the TV in the rental movie place. I was totally transfixed. I begged my mom to see it, and she asked the clerk, "Do you think he's old enough to see Star Wars?" He said yeah, and so we rented it. It was awesome.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-17-2009, 09:23 AM
I confess...

My 4 favorite games of all time are: WFRP, Traveller, Gamma World, old dnd.

traesin
10-18-2009, 01:40 AM
I confess...

I like the movie "it's a wonderful life."

Arkhemedes
10-18-2009, 08:00 AM
I confess...

I've never been able to get through the movie "It's A Wonderful Life."

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-18-2009, 10:00 AM
I confess...

I watch The Bishops Wife (original version) and It's a Wonderful Life every Christmas.

Sascha
10-18-2009, 11:54 AM
I confess. I can't watch most holiday fare. Thus, my favorite Christmas movie is Die Hard.

(Well, Die Hard and A Muppet Christmas Carol.)

Arkhemedes
10-18-2009, 12:51 PM
I confess...

I would have to agree with Sascha there. In fact, I'm thinking of calling the relatives and telling them to count me out on Christmas this year. Bah humbug.

...although oddly enough, I'm thinking about seeing the Trans-Siberian Orchestra again this year. But that's just a very good show.

traesin
10-18-2009, 01:10 PM
I confess...

I love watching "miracle on 34th st". the original one of course

XeroDrift
10-21-2009, 04:48 PM
I confess...

Humbug

traesin
10-22-2009, 02:16 AM
I confess...

I went to a ballet and liked it.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-22-2009, 09:48 AM
I confess...

I hate plays.

traesin
10-22-2009, 09:50 AM
i confess...

I don't like sushi

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-22-2009, 10:02 AM
I confess...

I like sushi. I just believe it is ridiculously and unjustifiably expensive.

traesin
10-22-2009, 02:10 PM
I confess...

I like watching disney's cinderella.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-22-2009, 02:27 PM
I confess...

I've watched Texasville at least 10 times. Great flick, BTW. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103069/

traesin
10-23-2009, 02:23 AM
I confess...

I can't wait for the weekend.

Sascha
10-23-2009, 10:55 AM
I confess...

I can't wait for the weekend.
I confess. I started humming Loverboy when I read this.

Arkhemedes
10-23-2009, 11:10 AM
I confess. I started humming Loverboy when I read this.
Hmm, yes. Unfortunately for me I'll be working ON the weekend.

Richard Littles
10-23-2009, 11:21 AM
I confess....

I take baths with my clothes on.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-23-2009, 11:55 AM
I confess...

I can't wait till 11:59pm, Monday.

Arkhemedes
10-23-2009, 12:21 PM
I confess...

I can't wait till 11:59pm, Monday.
Umm...let me guess.

You finally achieve the status of The Great Undead Pumpkin at midnight?

XeroDrift
10-23-2009, 03:35 PM
I confess...

I sometimes watch iCarly and The Wizards of Waverly Place, without the benefit of a child being around to provide an excuse...

traesin
10-23-2009, 04:05 PM
I confess...

I can't wait to kill someone off in my pbp.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-23-2009, 04:16 PM
Umm...let me guess.

You finally achieve the status of The Great Undead Pumpkin at midnight?
I confess...

I've been accused of worshiping The Great Pumpkin. http://www.hetox.com/mark/art/Linus_The-Great-Pumpkin.jpg

All lies, of course.

traesin
10-25-2009, 01:45 AM
I confess...

I don't want to go to work on Monday.

michaelsbagley
10-26-2009, 02:41 PM
I confess, I should be actually working instead of pretending to work while wasting time on forums to pass the rest of the day away.

traesin
10-26-2009, 02:48 PM
I confess...

I goofed off at job #1 today.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-26-2009, 03:00 PM
I confess...

I need to be doing my homework done instead of procrastinating.

kkriegg
10-26-2009, 07:12 PM
I confess...

There is nothing I need to do at all. Woo, unemployment!

Richard Littles
10-26-2009, 07:15 PM
I confess...

There is nothing I need to do at all. Woo, unemployment!

Except read my book.... :lol:

traesin
10-26-2009, 07:41 PM
I confess...

I can't wait till friday.

XeroDrift
10-26-2009, 11:03 PM
I confess...

I wish I was an electric ninja

traesin
10-27-2009, 01:28 AM
I confess...