PDA

View Full Version : Movies you wish were remade...

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Movies you wish were remade. There were so many movies made that i enjoyed as a kid, so i thought it would be interesting for all of us to share movies we thought should be remade.

Here of some of mine:

Forbidden Planet
Mysterious Island
7th Voyage of Sinbad
The Golden Voyage of Sinbad
Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger

What share you?

MortonStromgal
05-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Johny Neumonic... This time make it good...

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-03-2010, 12:50 PM
I would love to see The Lost Horizon done some justice in a remake. It's one of my two favorite books of all time and i would love a remake of it to be done.

I'd also like to see Will Smith play the main role in the remake of Blade Runner.

Arkhemedes
03-03-2010, 01:33 PM
I'll agree - another Sinbad movie, this time with modern computer graphics, would be great. And a few years ago, I would have said War of the Worlds. But that was before Spielberg and Cruise made their version of it. Who would have thought that a brilliant filmmaker like Spielberg could have botched up a classic like that so badly.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-03-2010, 06:19 PM
Who would have thought that a brilliant filmmaker like Spielberg could have botched up a classic like that so badly.

You got that right. Heck, i was also disappointed with the remake of Planet of the Apes.

Freejack
03-03-2010, 06:35 PM
Johny Neumonic... This time make it good...

No doubt! I looked forward to watching it and even went to the theater which I don't do often and got a poster on my way in.

I didn't even recognize it and made the joke that they were probably selling the DVDs in the lobby that's how bad it was.

Carl

Banshee
03-08-2010, 01:37 AM
I hear that they're remaking National Lampoon's Vacation- this time the kid, Rusty, is the one who will be taking his family on some sort of oddball adventure! Can't wait to see it! (from HSX.com)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-22-2010, 07:43 PM
I'd love seeing a remake of Outland. I felt it to be a great movie with a Traveller feel. With a healthy budget the second time around, I believe a remake would be remarkable.

Dytrrnikl
11-25-2010, 09:05 AM
Ok, here's a movie that as a kid, I loved but couldn't tell you why now: The Sword and the Sorceror. Update, no cheesy costumes, ham acting, and for goodness sakes, NO WIGS! I always thought the skysword was a cool concept.

Ice Pirates would be another.
I'm all for a modern updated version of any of the Sinbad movies.
An old Don Johnson movie, A Boy and his Dog.

I'd like to see someone redo Battlefield Earth. It's the only Hubbard piece of writing worth a damn, and Travolta botched it.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-26-2010, 01:43 PM
I really tried hard to like Travolta's version of Battlefield Earth. I just couldn't do it.

With a heavy script rewrite, directed and produced by the right people with vision, Battlefield Earth has some definite potential.

tesral
12-13-2010, 02:13 AM
How about a real challenge. Metropolis. Make a modern sound version of the Friz Lang classic true to the story without being cheezy as all Hell.

Elvis
06-21-2011, 02:00 AM
In my opinion the first movie of the history "the great robbery train" must
remade, because of the first movie of the history.

Baltimore Gym (http://www.neverstopfitness.com/baltimore-boot-camps/)

tesral
06-21-2011, 06:20 AM
This is a hard question because with the risk adverse nature of Hollyweird remakes is just about all there is. They are not only remaking true classics like True Grit, but true dogs like Clash of the Titans. (True t the origial in all the glorious lack of plot.

I'm waiting for Howard the Duck to make a comeback.

Sascha
06-21-2011, 07:40 AM
The Coens' True Grit wasn't technically a remake of the John Wayne film; it was a re-adaption of the novel. Functionally, the distinction is irrelevant, though :p (Beyond the radical tone differences between the films, that is. The Coen version is close to my perfect western film.)

For true remakes, though? King Kong. Good idea, but Peter Jackson, meh. Giant apes deserve a decent treatment. I hear Faye Wray isn't too shabby a lead...

CountChocula
07-03-2011, 06:18 PM
1. Phantasm
2. Watcher in the Woods
3. Silver Bullet
4. Flight of the Navigator
5. Short Circuit
6. The Dark Crystal
7. The Man Who Fell To Earth
8. The Hidden
9. I Spit On Your Grave
10. Altered State
11. The Changeling
12. Cujo
13. Something Wicked This Way Comes
14. XTRO
15. Children of the Corn
16. The Howling
17. Child's Play
18. Pet Sematary
19. The Lost Boys
20. The Brood

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-03-2011, 07:11 PM
With the special-fx of today, I would love to see a remake of Prophecy (muto-bear) that was originally done in 1976. Don't get me wrong, the original is and will always be a classic, but if remade...correctly, then it really has some extreme potential.

I would also love to see Disney's (I believe) The Black Hole that was made around 1980. It was great then, could be sooo much better today with all the available special-fx. I would however change one thing, have the ship go through the black hole intact, with everyone still alive from both ships still onboard. This would allow for a part 2 or even a series. Would be great... at least if measured in potential.

ocs123
08-01-2011, 01:51 AM
I'll agree - another Sinbad movie, this time with modern computer graphics, would be great. And a few years ago, I would have said War of the Worlds. But that was before Spielberg and Cruise made their version of it. Who would have thought that a brilliant filmmaker like Spielberg could have botched up a classic like that so badly.

Please don’t allow the term “Replica” turn you off!Womens Ralph Lauren polo shirts (http://www.rlpolos.net/womens-ralph-lauren-polo/shirts-en/) This term should

really not push you apart in any way,discount ralph lauren polo, situation or form. Today, there are countless grownup men and females who are on the way for replica stuff. Why

is that? primarily because belonging toward theRalph Lauren custom fit (http://www.rlpolos.net/mens-ralph-lauren-polo/custom-fit/) affordable prices! Besides, no just

one is actually on the way to know that you just are placing on affordable replicas Breitling watches, unless you inform them. You are not cheating in any way possible, so

possessing a replica should really really be Mens Ralph Lauren polo (http://www.rlpolos.net/mens-ralph-lauren-polo/) considered a massive turn on.
At JackCart.com, you are on the way to locate these Breitling timepieces for just about any great price. they are really timepieces of style. With groups such as Breitling

Navitimer, Breitling Aeromarine,Mens Ralph lauren polo shirts (http://www.rlpolos.net/mens-ralph-lauren-polo/shirts/) Breitling Avenger, Professional,Womens Ralph

Lauren polo, Breitling Crosswind,Womens Ralph Lauren polo shirts, Breitling Windrider, Kids Ralph Lauren polo (http://www.rlpolos.net/kids-ralph-lauren-polo/) Mens

Ralph Lauren polo, Breitling Bentley and Breitling Superocean. in the celebration you are seeking to inform time in style, then JackCart.com has the timepieces you need.

liza2010
08-08-2011, 05:54 AM
I wants to watch Titanic again...