PDA

View Full Version : Suck day rants... thanks for listening.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-01-2009, 11:09 PM
Suck day rants... thanks for listening.

Here is mine for today:

~In the cashiers line at the grocery store and waited 5 minutes for a lady to dump all of her change on the counter to look for that one penny.

~Let a driver in from the gas station to the main blvd, only to have him block 3 lanes to try to turn left. You gotta be kiddin' me!

~Picked up pizza that a friend ordered. They tried to sell me a combination when the order was for pepperoni. Keep in mind I overheard the order being given, not to mention the employee actually tried to argue with me. He lost.

~Here's one i bet has happened to everyone at least once in the last 6 months: Went to get gas only to find out that the gas nozzle keeps clicking off when trying to pump gas. Had to eventually go to a different pump.

Weird but funny day.

What share the rest of you. Feel free to pick out any Murphy's Law day from your memory. :eek:

What share you?

Freejack
05-01-2009, 11:18 PM
I have two gas ones for you but not from today, sorry.

I do a lot of touring on my bike, just rolled over 86,000 miles. The bike has that liner in the opening of the tank with the hole that just fits the nozzle and a smaller hole to let air escape without letting too many fumes to get out. I put the nozzle in the tank but it popped out as I started the flow. The gas splashed backward over the bike and me. I smelled like gas all day.

Another one that's pretty bad that might have happened to others but isn't quite the same on a bike. The release spring was missing on this one so the catch dropped down to hold the handle. I let go as it it got close to the top but it didn't stop. I pulled it out and splashed gas on the side of the bike before thinking and pushing it back into the tank so it clicked off on its own.

Carl

mrken
05-01-2009, 11:30 PM
Night before going to renew my tags the van won't start when I have to go get my daughter from school. She got a ride home.

Play with the car for half an hour checking fuses and all what not. Something told me it might have a voltage drop so I go get the charger. Charger don't want to charge. What??? Wife suggest I use a different extension. What? This cord worked for years hooked to the freezer. Well, she was right, cord was bad. Started to charge the battery and the amp meter went down from four amps to two to zero. Figured it had to be a bad battery. Had a buddy take me to get it checked. Sure enough a bad cell. New battery, starts right up, cept my dash is wacked. All the lights in the A/C still blink for 14 minutes b4 they stop.

Today went to get the emissions checked. Wait in line for half an hour to find they don't take plastic, What??? Go to the bank and get cash. Wait in line another half an hour. The guy drives the van out of the building and goes to honk the horn and nothing. Saw him mouth the words, "Beep, beep." He did pass it, but now I have no horn. :(

Go to renew the tags. Wait in line half an hour when I see they take cash, checks or money orders. :( Go to bank and get more cash. Go back and wait in line again.

But I did get two packages of Axis and Allies minis in the mail. Guess it wasn't all that bad of a day. lol

GoddessGood
05-04-2009, 09:15 AM
Not so much a bad day as a bad week with my cats. For some mystery reason, the older one has decided that the bed is a fine place to do his business. I've washed sheets 5 separate times in the last week. We tried locking him out of that room for a few days and making sure to chase him off the bed when we see him, but he still managed to do it. Was he unhappy with the new food? Changed it back, no dice. Was he unhappy with how often I cleaned the litter boxes? Doubled the frequency of scoopage with no return on investment. Got a new-fangled, automatic, water filtration water bowl (he loves it), gave him extra attention, played with him more ... nothing doing. In desperation, I put a rubber sheet (and nothing else) on the bed and got a giant rubbermaid tub (the kind that slides under the bed) and filled it with fresh litter and sat it right next to the bed. So far, so good (knock on wood).