PDA

View Full Version : Eldritch Ass Kicking Demo

MysticAges
05-01-2009, 10:10 AM
Hey there,

I'm new to Dallas. Been playing, writing, and running games for a few years now, and I'm starting to get a feel for the Dallas gamer community. Glad I found this site.

I am thinking about putting together a couple of demo sessions of one of my games, Eldritch Ass Kicking, at XMax Games on Sunday, May 10 around 6 PM. I can do a full four hour session or a couple of short sessions if need be. I'm just curious if anyone would be up for it.

You can find out about the game at my site: http://www.mysticages.com/

Thanks!

ronpyatt
05-01-2009, 10:56 AM
I'm interested.

GoddessGood
05-01-2009, 12:03 PM
Definitely get in contact with Andy (coyote5, I think), I'm sure he'd love to have you do a demo. Unfortunately I can't make it as I'll be out of town. Good luck and have fun :)

MysticAges
05-01-2009, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the initial response.

I'm sure this won't be the last time I'll run the game. It is up on the XMax Games Meetup page. It's good to see that thing coming to life.

I'm curious if anyone recommends any of the local cons for gaming. I've been thinking about checking out A-Kon at the end of the month.

Genesplicer
05-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Which is where? I can't find it on the Xmax Games website. Would like to attend, but have no clue when you're doing this. Might you just post it to our user group here?
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Oh, I see, there are two differant callenders. You have to click on the link above the callender that pops up when you click on News and Events.

6:00 PM Sunday the 10th. As a long time fan of magic and wizards, I look forward to it.
--- Merged from Double Post ---

I am thinking about putting together a couple of demo sessions of one of my games, Eldritch Ass Kicking, at XMax Games on Sunday, May 10 around 6 PM. I can do a full four hour session or a couple of short sessions if need be. I'm just curious if anyone would be up for it.

Or I could just learn to read...:redface:

Webhead
05-07-2009, 11:10 PM
Welcome to the forums. It's funny, when I saw the title of this thread, I found myself wondering if it was referring to the same game I had heard about years ago...and alas, it was!

I have also been tempted on several occasions over the years to pick up Barbarians Versus but never did as I didn't think I could really get my group to play it with me.

Anywho, I don't think I will be able to attend this time around, but certainly keep us updated as I would most certainly like to meet you and see some of your games in action rather than simply on the page/website.

Genesplicer
05-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Ooops...Not going to be able to attend after all.:sorry: I forgot, my cousin's birthday party is today at 6 PM.:ballchain: Oh well, I may not be able to blast anything with spells there, but at least I'll get to eat cake!:party:

If I'm lucky, you'll do another demo and I'll be able to attend then.:happy:

fmitchell
05-11-2009, 01:21 AM
I wasn't able to attend, it being Mothers' Day and all.

How did it go?

MysticAges
05-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Thanks for all the interest. We will do it again.

It was just Ron and me, though we had a good time and it gave me a chance to get back in the swing of things. It's been over a year since I've run anything (due to the birth of our first daughter and moves and new jobs, etc.).

I am thinking to maybe try again in the first of June. Sunday nights seem to be my best night. Maybe June 7?

I wouldn't mind making it a demo night in general, so if we wanted to get together and do a 1-2 hour EAK demo, then maybe another round of something else. Give us a chance to try out games we've been wanting to get a feel for. What do you think?

ronpyatt
05-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Yes, nice game. Simple and elegant. Items of note that stick in my head include resolving surprise actions and construct creation: Very cool. The 0 = 0 die roll is a nice touch and adds to the dramatic nature of the game. If you like playing over-the-top wizards that sling magical waves of elemental power that shake the very foundation of the universe, you'll like this game.

Must play again.

Genesplicer
05-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Be happy to attend of you're going to do it again. No current problems with June 7th, as long as it's in the evining.

ronpyatt
05-24-2009, 09:20 PM
When is the next demo?

MysticAges
06-02-2009, 11:28 PM
Unfortunately, I'm just swamped for the next couple of weeks.

And then I head to Korea for a bit. So, I am thinking maybe early July would be the next opportunity. I'll update when I can know more.

Ron - we should make it a two-fer. A little EAK at the beginning for new and old. And then maybe try some Mutant City Blues or something. What do you think?