PDA

View Full Version : Human echolocation is real. Thought i'd share.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-30-2009, 03:00 PM
Seen numerous videos of people that have learned echolocation. I've even found a site where an instructor will take on blind students for a day, promising them the ability to distinguish between trees, garbage cans, parked cars, and even bushes. The video was very interesting.

It is my hope that this picks up and all blind people are offered the opportunity to learn echolocation to such a degree. The freedom is deserved.

Here's the first video that got my imaginings going: http://thehumanmarvels.com/?p=88

I'll have to search a bit to find that instruction site, but i will find it in time.

Echolocation doesn't surprise me much, for whenever we as humans think outside the proverbial box, we always end up discovering, even if by accident, something incredible and once thought impossible.

There is even an Underdark scout class, name escapes me at the moment, where this is one of the talents I've included with the class.

Human potential never ceases to amaze me, so i thought I'd share the story of potential human echolocation with the rest of you.

Please feel free to share any insights, opinions, and/or amazing stories of human accomplishment, be it about echolocation, or other stories of amazing, once thought impossible, feats being successfully accomplished.

What share you? I don't even care if what you heard was unsubstantiated, please share it with us anyway. This could turn out to be a real positive thread... which is my hope.

Imo, this topic was just too cool not to share.

William Murderface
06-06-2009, 11:23 PM
effing sweet

Moritz
06-09-2009, 08:33 AM
*'`~'`''~"*``~'

that's me finding my way to the bathroom.