PDA

View Full Version : LOL We are BAD gamers

Panthro82
04-30-2009, 05:43 AM
It just came to my attention as Ely was telling his POV for our last session, that the orc Walter(captain talky talk) stabbed, was supposedly unconscious and we totally never gathered him up to interrogate him.

Tyg
04-30-2009, 06:04 PM
I get the feeling that might have negative repercussions in the not-so-distant future.

And Walter talks a lot, eh? Good to know.

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
04-30-2009, 10:54 PM
Big Head -
It may come back to bite you...BUT you were kind of running for your lives, too.

Tyg -
The only reason Walter is Captain Talky Talk is that he isn't. He doesn't say much at all because I've been running him. I've been trying to keep him in the background.

Panthro82
05-01-2009, 02:37 AM
Yea Walter has actually never said one word yet! He is officially the Silent Bob of our campaign. I ran him last week and promised that he would talk for the first time, but I decided that it wouldnt be fitting unless we were in a situation where he looked to onlookers and said, "NO TICKET!!!"

Tyg
05-01-2009, 08:56 AM
Yea Walter has actually never said one word yet! He is officially the Silent Bob of our campaign.

If it's fitting, I think I'll run with that trait to a degree when I play him. Though he'll have to break his silent streak regardless.

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-01-2009, 09:18 AM
Do what thou wilt

Panthro82
05-01-2009, 08:14 PM
yea TYG I think it just started because Ben was running him kind of in the background and it became a running thing. Our friend was supposed to play this character, but hes a tool, so he doesnt play. Its fitting that he would talk when you run him, hes your character. He just wasnt comfortable speaking until he found his player :)

DM_Running_Farland_3.5
05-01-2009, 10:10 PM
That being said...I do like the idea of a very reserved (in speech) sorcerer

Tyg
05-01-2009, 10:49 PM
That being said...I do like the idea of a very reserved (in speech) sorcerer

Seems sorcerers are more commonly played as loud, gregarious types. Toss off some one-liners after a battle of spell-blasting, and so forth... Usually wizards are the taciturn mages.

It'd be interesting to be a bit counter-pattern with a sorcerer's skills and charisma. It could even fit the setting reasonably well given that magic and mages aren't often trusted, or are viewed with some suspicion.

Just speculating for the moment, anyway.