PDA

View Full Version : Desperate situations calls for desperate measures...

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-29-2009, 10:49 PM
Situation: Wielded a huge sword. Rolled 1's. Sword stuck in cranium of a Chaos Troll (can grow to 18+ feet in WFRP), and found there wasn't enough time to remove it w/o giving multiple Beastmen a free attack. Long, kinda sickly, but humorous story. :eek:
Remedy: Started throwing carcasses at the bad guys. Desperate times calls for desperate measures. It did buy him enough time till help arrived. Had to use a small tree truck after that as a club. Eventually replaced sword.

Race: Ogre, unofficial rules
RPG: WFRP, 1E

What precarious events led your character to do something desperate, clever, witty, or through just plain dumb luck, get him, her, or itself out of a precarious situation? If your character died, but the actions of said character were memorable, then please share anyway.

What share you? Please list specific rpg.

Thoth-Amon

yukonhorror
04-30-2009, 09:33 AM
I can share a plan my friend "WANTED" to do, but the dm wouldn't let us.

So he was polymorphed into a mouse and put into a cage with a bunch of other mice. He wanted to start up a mouse revolution and swarm the person who put him in the cage.

But DM wouldn't even consider it as a possibility.

D&D 1e.

RoryN
05-21-2009, 03:57 PM
Situation: Party of 7 had accidentally stumbled into the middle of a huge goblin lair in some subterrainian cavern (probably 300+ critters, not counting females and young)

Remedy: My half-orc fighter covered his face under the hood of his black robe and a druid cast faerie fire on him. The wizard cast a levitate spell on him, and then used ventriloquism to address the angered goblins from various areas of the cavern. Our hope was the goblins would think it was some god-like creature and would flee in fear. The DM played it very well and was really impressed with our quick thinking, so we were able to get away without a fight. Our party was varied in levels, with the higher ranges being 7th or 8th, but we had a couple of newer players with lower level characters as well.

Race: half-orc fighter, human druid, elven wizard

RPG: D&D, 2E

MortonStromgal
05-21-2009, 04:36 PM
Situation: Out numbered, out gunned and out classed by a fleet of starships, the "final battle" of a several month campaign.
Remedy: I had previously contained a computer system with an early form of "virus" on it that would shutdown a ship. I rewired the communication computer to be on its own then we hooked the viral computer to our coms system and opened communications with the enemy ships... It took out a good chunk of the ships but it came down to we were out of missiles and almost out of power. The engineer said we barely had enough thrust power to make it back home without crashing and thats if he took life support off line. There was only one enemy cruiser left so captain gave the order...

"Ramming Speed"

Race: Human
RPG: Traveller: The New Era

Interesting note, this was the first real RPG campaign I had been a part of.