PDA

View Full Version : GM/Player looking for a group and a place to play (I'm 10 miles East of Denton/where 380 joins 720)

d_knight7
04-29-2009, 12:07 AM
Let me just lay out a big chunk of info I guess.

I'm 32, and have been playing for 21 years, GM'ing about 18 years. I'm originally from England, and moved here to stay 7 years ago when I married my wife. I went from gaming 3 times a week to zero and I miss it.

I have a young son who makes gaming at home impractical at best, so I am looking for a group (at least one of whom that can host in the Carrollton/Addison area).

I like to have a play period of at least 4 hours if possible, and consider groups of 4 players plus GM to be the perfect size. I can game any evening after 6, and maybe Sat or Sun. If we could play a couple of nights a week that would be awesome.

Games I have ran: CoC, oWoD, Star Wars d6, In Nomine, WFRP, Dark Champions/HERO, Marvel Superheroes, Space 1889, Deadlands Weird/Wasted West, etc

Games I've played: CoC, oWoD, Star Wars d6, In Nomine, WFRP, HERO, Marvel Superheroes, Deadlands Weird/Wasted West, Runequest, AD&D, D&D 3.5, Amber, 2300AD, Ars Magica, GURPS, TMNT, Dr. Who, Trinity, All flesh must be eaten, etc

I'm not particularly interested in joining a D&D heavy group, but I'd certainly play some 3.5 if that was what was available. I enjoy ongoing campaigns, but broken up over time with rotating games for variety. I enjoy both playing and GM'ing, and would like to game at least once or twice a week.

Claim to fame as a player: I role play my character, I don't just play myself with better stats.

Claim to fame as a GM: I dare you to find a better CoC Keeper.

d_knight7
07-13-2009, 08:37 AM
Oh come on, no group or players in my area, who think roleplaying involves something other than straight D&D?

For shame! :biggrin:

madcrazy986
07-13-2009, 10:26 AM
There are three of us who are looking for more players. Most of our experience is with D&D, but we'll play anything. I personally would LOVE to play some CoC. We usually play in Richardson near Custer and Rennar. Our ages range from 19-24, so we're a younger group, but I would say we're pretty mature and easy to get along with. I've played AD&D, D&D 3.5, d20 Modern, Darwin's World, Hackmaster, Call of Cthulhu, and Mutants and Masterminds. Let me know if you might be interested in meeting up to chat!

Webhead
07-13-2009, 10:14 PM
Hey there. I'm currently looking for another member for my game. I'm running a Star Wars D6 campaign currently with the probability of others in the near future based on the decisions of the group including possibly Deadlands, CoC, oWoD and others. We don't have any present interest in playing or running D&D campaigns. We'd rather spend time with other games right now.

It may be a bit of a drive for you but 2 of my current players come down from Denton and don't mind making the drive for a bi-weekly game. Specifically, we play near the intersection of Forest Lane and Coit Road in Dallas. We play on alternating Saturday afternoons from around 5:00 PM until midnight. We are all friendly and funny 20 to 30-somethings.

Feel free to check out my campaign invitation for more info if you're interested: http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10605

Also feel free to ask any questions that you may have. I'd hope to hear from you and best of luck!

d_knight7
08-24-2009, 05:16 PM
I'll stop when someone adopts me ;)

Anyone?

d_knight7
02-16-2011, 11:07 AM
Please just ignore this thread and let it die.

I thought it had let me change the title, but it only changed the sub-title (I'm too used to being a Moderator on another site :) )

New thread is HERE. (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php/18570-GM-Player-looking-for-a-group-and-a-place-to-play-%28Carrollton-Addison%29)