PDA

View Full Version : Illness. What's your secret cure-all?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-28-2009, 10:11 PM
With the flu, or worse, that we, as humans, can contract; what is your magick cure-all remedy to avoid getting sick, and if you were to get sick, your magick remedy to quickly get you back to health?

Mine:

1) Low caloric intake
2) No dairy, flour, oils, sugars, junk foods, soda, etc
3) Avoid the chills
4) Daily meditation
5) Positive and healthy attitude

Please share with the rest of us your secrets to health and vitality

Thoth-Amon

mrken
04-28-2009, 10:45 PM
I try to get my eight hours of sleep and two liters of water a day. If I do get sick, I will increase the sleep and eat chicken soup a few times as I am not a soup person.

Etarnon
04-28-2009, 11:17 PM
Hang out at home with the windows closed.

Only leave for food supplies, and gaming sessions.

If ill, drink lots of tea and water, and when I can handle it, unsalted crackers.

4 days after any illness arrives, go out for wonton soup.

Add rice after that, then in a week, stir fry.

Has worked out pretty well since 1994.

Kaewin
04-29-2009, 07:48 AM
Nice cold Can of Coke and bedrest anfd some kind of bread product, mmmmm sammies

GoddessGood
04-29-2009, 08:36 AM
Keep hydrated, get plenty of sleep (try for 8 hours a night). Don't worry about getting your hands dirty, or washing your hands every five seconds. Don't use anti-bacterial soap. Give your immune system plenty of opportunity to hone its defenses. Then, if you do get sick, keep hydrated, get lots of rest, and take in as much vitamin C as your body can use. Emergen-C is a good way to get extra doses of it, but you don't necessarily need to follow the dosing instructions. Your body will let you know when you've had too much :)

RMajere
04-29-2009, 11:29 AM
While not sick, I usually just take the general precautions of hand washing, decent amount of sleep, hydration, well fed-ness, and at least 1 nightcap a night (usually brandy)

If ill, stay home, rest, watch TV, Chicken Soup (my BF's homemade chicken soup is AMAZING), take showers once daily, take hot baths in bathroom with candles going and a hot toddy to sweat things out, Vicks vapo-rub on the bottoms of the feet and on your chest (don't ask why the bottoms of the feet, all I know is that it works), stay more hydrated usually by hot tea, take vitamin C...

I think that's it.

Once better, wash sheets and clean bedding, open windows if weather allows to air out house, take it easy so relapse doesn't occur.

pour over ice, enjoy.... ^_^

MortonStromgal
04-29-2009, 02:14 PM
when I feel like I'm getting sick I

1. Take vitamin C pills twice per day
2. Drink nothing but OJ and a lot of it
3. Eat pho & curry as hot as I can stand it.
4. try to sleep for 10 hrs rather than 7.

Once better, wash sheets and clean bedding, open windows if weather allows to air out house,

I add that if I actually get sick, make sure to air the room out and change the sheets every couple of days.

cplmac
04-29-2009, 04:39 PM
OK, since nobody else has said it yet:

Just don't get sick.:D

Panthro82
04-29-2009, 04:43 PM
Go to the nearest groundhog hole and when it comes out check to see if it spots its shadow. If it doesnt then you will be sick for the next 3 weeks. If it does then you will be healthy within the next 2 days.

Ok I was thinking of the Cosby show episode where they talked about this and laughed I have to do a post in tribute to it.

I would go up to the attic or down to the basement. Find a corner and look for cobwebs. When you find one ball it up and eat it. Then cover your entire body head to toe in vicks rub and then cover it up with plastic wrap. Stand on one foot for exactly 18 minutes while putting your left hand on top of your head and humming to yourself. Then after that, drink a whole pint of beet juice, eat a peanut butter and salmon sandwich, and then sleep for the next 41 minutes.(added some stuff to prove the point)

People are too superstitious when it comes to illness. Just drink lots of fluids, and get lots of sleep.

Or Roll D20 for health

Windstar
04-29-2009, 06:11 PM
Preventions: Wash hands, drink water, get as much rest as possible.

Cure: Shine and lots of sleep

Freejack
04-29-2009, 06:47 PM
Prevention: Standard stuff. Wash hands after going to the bathroom is about it. While I don't swap spit with someone who's sick, I don't go out of my way to avoid them either. I figure that getting sick (colds and such) helps my immune system stay strong. Heroic measures to prevent sickness (like anti-bacterial crud) just weakens my immune system leaving me more vulnerable to sickness and increases the severity of the sickness.

I ride my motorcycle all winter long here in Colorado so avoiding chills does nothing to prevent colds. It can leave you weaker and more susceptible if you're not prepared. Heck the longest living people live in higher altitudes (colder).

Cure: For colds, Tylenol Cold or Alka-Selzer Cold (the fizzy tablets). Drink a glass a couple of hours before bed. If I'm actually sick, I'm zonked for 14 or so hours and wake up in good shape.

For the Swine Flu that's coming, it apparently hits the younger folks. At 52 I'm even less worried :D

Carl