PDA

View Full Version : If you found yourself marooned, with 6 of your best gaming buddies, on a deserted, tropical island...

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-28-2009, 10:52 AM
If you found yourself marooned, with 6 of your best gaming buddies, on a deserted, tropical island, and had but one rpg game of your choice, which rpg game would it be? Keep in mind, you would have dice, mini's, pads of paper and pencils, and everything ever printed, in every edition, of your rpg game of choice. Which game would you choose?

What share you?

Thoth-Amon

yukonhorror
04-28-2009, 01:15 PM
i have thought about this, but in a different sense. If I had three wishes, I would use them in an appropriate combination to be able to escape to a timeless parallel universe with my best gaming buddies (and my wife), every game book ever published (for every system), and unlimited snacks and pop.

As for desert island. I say the test of any system is in the people and the game, not the system. With that in mind, i would choose DnD. As for edition, maybe 3.5 because there is so much more content out there for it than other editions. (I like options).

MortonStromgal
04-28-2009, 02:28 PM
If you found yourself marooned, with 6 of your best gaming buddies, on a deserted, tropical island, and had but one rpg game of your choice, which rpg game would it be? Keep in mind, you would have dice, mini's, pads of paper and pencils, and everything ever printed, in every edition, of your rpg game of choice. Which game would you choose?

What share you?

Thoth-Amon

Heck if I can have all the books... dang thats tough, can I pick the entire oWOD Dark Ages line? If thats out I would pick Shadowrun 2nd ed.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-28-2009, 02:51 PM
Everything of every edition of only 1 rpg. Example: everything dnd has ever printed, all editions, from the early 1970's, to today.

yukonhorror
04-28-2009, 05:13 PM
well then dnd.

I have dabbled in other systems, but that is the only one I have immersed myself in.

Freejack
04-28-2009, 08:47 PM
Shadowrun. But I already have all the books (at least English language ones; do I get foreign language ones :) ).

We've been playing for almost two years and still are going so that'd work for me.

Of course the team might get upset as they like other games. Now if each of us were able to bring the materials for the games we like, we'd probably have a pretty decent collection.

:D

Carl

Etarnon
04-28-2009, 11:25 PM
Not to be asinine, but I'd focus those guys on getting off the island... simply because it would be hell once starvation set in.

Just saying.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-29-2009, 01:01 AM
This is a tropical island with bananas, coconuts, wild boar, etc. No worries, there.

Freejack
04-29-2009, 07:06 AM
This is a tropical island with bananas, coconuts, wild boar, etc. No worries, there.

And the Professor and Mary Ann.

:D

Carl

Kaewin
04-29-2009, 07:43 AM
That would be hard, I just got the group into Classic Dungeons and Dragons, but I love Mage.

I have no dice nearby so I will flip the cat.

ow, he said hiss and clawed me gonna have to go with ......

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-29-2009, 10:32 AM
Oh, and an overpopulation of dodo birds, all wanting their neck scratched.

RMajere
04-29-2009, 11:17 AM
Ok, so while I'm a D&D freak/nerd, I'm gonna have to say in this particular instance...

I would choose Exalted, every single time.

And this is coming from someone who (for reasons that we can't figure out) doesn't totally get the d10 system. But maybe I'd have it down by the time the island rescue came by...

Webhead
05-07-2009, 01:49 AM
No surprise here. Star Wars RPG. If there's one RPG that has served me the best over the years and is so chock full of adventure ideas that it would drive a sane person mad, it'd be Star Wars. No contest. I wouldn't even have to think about it.

Now, I would certainly miss some of the other fantastic RPGs that I've played (Deadlands, Cyberpunk, Mage and Marvel Super Heroes), but in that scenario it would be a no-brainer for me. Plus there are over 150 books published for D6 alone. Plenty of material to work with.

agoraderek
05-07-2009, 07:11 AM
It's a toss up between D&D and Shadowrun, as far as my favorite system, but, if I can chose only one, I'd have to go with GURPS, since I could play every genre without having to convert anything.

mrken
05-07-2009, 03:24 PM
If I found myself marooned, with 6 of my new best gaming buddies, on a deserted, tropical island...

That would be easy. I don't remember what it is called, but it is the one where there are six beautiful women and this guy stranded on a deserted island... lol Yeah, you know the game. lol Except you women get to revers genders. :D

Kaewin
05-08-2009, 08:33 AM
That sounds like a good game.

templeorder
05-08-2009, 03:00 PM
There's a reason i went to all that work to write my own... it would be that.
I hope those are mechanical pencils i get :lol: