PDA

View Full Version : Alienese: 13 Alien Languages You Can Actually Read

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-27-2009, 09:13 PM
Alienese: 13 Alien Languages You Can Actually Read.

Alienese: an alien alphabet that was primarily used to write humorous graffiti in the background of scenes.

So if you are a Futurama viewer, you now can fully appreciate the humor of the writers.

Here's the articles, so peruse it and enjoy.

http://io9.com/5218119/13-alien-languages-you-can-actually-read?skyline=true&s=x

Writers, and artists, are always sneaking something into their films, why not be in the know. So, rather than slowing down hours upon hours of cartoon goodness, why not just read the alien graffiti on the walls. Enjoy!

Thoth-Amon

GoddessGood
04-28-2009, 08:57 AM
I'll add Klingon to my list of languages to learn :) It'll sit right after the elfin languages, which sit after Cyrillic/Russian, which is after Japanese, which is after German, which I'll get to right after I become fluent in Spanish. I've only been trying to learn it for, what ... 20 years?

nijineko
05-03-2009, 10:19 PM
japanese is easier to learn than spanish for an english speaker. i'd bump it up on your list. i can so say as i happen to be fluent in japanese, after having been raised speaking english.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-03-2009, 10:46 PM
I'd love to go to Japan and teach English. While i was there i would definitely make an effort to learn Japanese.

tesral
05-04-2009, 07:33 AM
You could include Esperanto and Lobjan. Both attempts to construct languages. Neither is likely to go anywhere.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-03-2010, 12:57 PM
I read somewhere that a psych hospital was looking for a therapist that spoke Klingon. Apparently, some patients do speak the language, ... go figure.

Umiushi
03-12-2010, 11:45 PM
I was impressed that the authors thought to include Ath, Marain, and Zentradi. It's also nice when there is a language to go with the alphabet, such as in Ath or Tengwar.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-13-2010, 12:43 AM
japanese is easier to learn than spanish for an english speaker. i'd bump it up on your list. i can so say as i happen to be fluent in japanese, after having been raised speaking english.
Really, i never would of guessed. Why is that, BTW?

russdm
03-13-2010, 01:16 PM
I read somewhere that a psych hospital was looking for a therapist that spoke Klingon. Apparently, some patients do speak the language, ... go figure.

I read that too! And the place was in Oregon by Portland, I recall. Maybe they have Klingon visitors? OR what about that kind in teh Eddie Murphy Daddy Daycare movie who talked in Klingon, was it?

Its an interesting thing, and one that should be investigated in case the klingons are here....