PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite video game genre/s?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-26-2009, 05:14 PM
Everyone has their favorite video game genres, so please vote on my non-official poll and then post with more specificity, and be sure to share with us why, if you feel so compelled.

Please note:
1) Your votes are set to private so no one will know your vote. :cool:
2) You may vote for more than one edition, so go crazy.

What share you?

Thoth-Amon

Sascha
04-26-2009, 06:30 PM
<3 musical rhythm games ... durned Guitar Hero and Rock Band. (Though it did get me to pick up the real thing, so there's some good to 'em :P)

RPGs, well, yeah, easy pick; your Final Fantasy, your Seiken Densestu, your Elder Scrolls and Fallout, I lurves them. Engrossing storyline and actual character development, yay! Sandbox play with little to no characterization in the protagonist, sure! As long as it's fun, I'd play as a plank of wood against an army of chainsaw-wielding aquatic dam-building rodents~

Puzzles and platformers, the "chocolate" and "peanut butter" of video gaming - mix 'em in any other genre, and I'm all over it. Mix 'em together, and you'll not see me til the danged thing is solved.

MortonStromgal
04-26-2009, 07:05 PM
I can't stand the musical games because the interface (except percussion) is nothing like the real instrument.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-26-2009, 07:50 PM
I can't stand the musical games because the interface (except percussion) is nothing like the real instrument.
I have friends in bands, being musicians for over 20 years. The hate them too.

tesral
04-27-2009, 12:54 AM
Video games? They have games with video?

yukonhorror
04-27-2009, 08:56 AM
you don't have adventure games. They don't make them anymore, but that's one of my favorite genres. Like King's Quest or Monkey Island (I think that is what is was called) or hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy.

Talmek
04-27-2009, 07:55 PM
I'll let you all try to guess my favorite genre...

Lord of the Rings Online and Neverwinter Nights

Should be simple enough.

kirksmithicus
04-27-2009, 08:42 PM
Halo, despite all the Timmies.

tesral
04-27-2009, 09:20 PM
Halo, despite all the Timmies.

Timmies?

kirksmithicus
04-27-2009, 10:48 PM
A Timmy is a foul mouthed child or teenager. They are fairly common, if not rampant on player vs. player video games, Halo is especially bad for some reason. All they do is scream, yell and cuss at you because you have the audacity to kill them, or because you can't kill them.

Here is a link to some videos (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuAjSlxiN84) that'll give you the basic idea.

tesral
04-28-2009, 12:20 AM
A Timmy is a foul mouthed child or teenager. They are fairly common, if not rampant on player vs. player video games, Halo is especially bad for some reason. All they do is scream, yell and cuss at you because you have the audacity to kill them, or because you can't kill them.

Ah, the you can't punch me so I can get away with anything crowd. I know them.

Evilspike
04-28-2009, 09:26 AM
Gotta love the trash talking little ones but whats worse is when you find older people that feel the need to mouth off as well :P

kirksmithicus
04-28-2009, 10:15 PM
Ah, the you can't punch me so I can get away with anything crowd. I know them.

Yep that would be the crowd.

Gotta love the trash talking little ones but whats worse is when you find older people that feel the need to mouth off as well :P

Yes, it's sad but true. There are middle aged Timmies as well.

Mindbomb
04-29-2009, 01:12 PM
Trash talking is a must for FPS, it started with everyone playing 007:Goldeneye with their friends in the same room and has carried over to other peoples rooms with the advancement of tech. If you don't like it, I say, shut it off (the voice) it's a public game. And if you contend that you want to use the voice for teamwork/strategy join a gaming clan but don't expect everyone to accept your standards.