PDA

View Full Version : Tear Jerkers....For Men?!?!?!?!?

Panthro82
04-26-2009, 04:40 PM
Well the one and only legendary Thoth-Amon was reading one of my replies and he PM'ed me mentioning an idea for this thread so he definitely gets majority of credit for its creation. (I think its an awesome idea!)

Men don't often like to admit that they get choked up sometimes when they see something that gets them emotional, but it happens to us all. So the question is what movie, show, book, or song have you heard as a man and it made you at least once get teary eyed? You dont have to explain why, but if you want to feel free. (Oh and if youre a female, feel free to mention a boyfriend, husband, or guy you know that this thread applies to)

Ok I will break the ice and go first. I'm strong enough to admit that in the movie, "I Am Legend", in the scene(spoiler ahead) where his dog saves him from the vampire/zombie dogs, but gets bit instead, and then Will brings him back to his house and he holds the dog as it starts to turn into one of them and he has to kill it. Yep, I definitely had tears coming down throughout that whole part of the movie. Ok now its your turn. Dont be ashamed...

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-26-2009, 04:46 PM
Here are a few of mine where dust had gotten into mine eyes, and that's the story i'm sticking with:

1) Old Yeller
2) Where the Red Fern Grows
3) At the end of It's a Wonderful Life

Freejack
04-26-2009, 08:35 PM
It happens all the time really. Most recently Rita (my wife) was watching In Search of Neverland. I came in about 20 minutes before the end of the movie and teared up at the end.

Carl

Dimthar
04-26-2009, 08:47 PM
Well, I shed tears easily at the movies, but more often since I became a Dad.

The one that always get me no matter how many times I see it is the End of an Episode of Scrubs, the one where they are desperate for organs and end transplanting those from a girl who died of rabies, all 5 patients die (they put "How to save a life" - The Fray in the background).

My wife makes fun of me since I discovered that the "Imperial March (Star Wars)" and other movie themes give me the goosebumps...

Talmek
04-26-2009, 09:25 PM
We Were Soldiers Once...

The scene where the battalion commander's wife has to help break the news to the wives of fallen soldiers.

Not only was it fantastically captured on film, it was also absolute fact.

Put yourself in that situation. Could/Would you be able to do something like that?

tesral
04-27-2009, 12:33 AM
Ones I Use to Know. (http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com/startrek/stories/Jerry_Shorts.html#ones)

I write on the theory that if something I write fails to move me, it cannot move anyone else. I am in effect my own audience. So far this theory works for me. I have fan letters from grown men that admit to weeping while reading my stories.

This very short piece came out of my "pen" five years ago. I was barely able to type it.

Panthro82
04-27-2009, 02:12 AM
Talmek, the We Were Soldiers comment is right on. I cant even watch that movie anymore just for the reason of having to break that kind of news to someone. I had to wake up my dad to break the news to him late one night, that his dad(my grandfather) had died. I spent a half hour with tears coming down trying to come to grips that I had to tell him. Probably the toughest thing I have ever had to do in my life. I can definitely sympathize with the wife in that movie.

Dytrrnikl
04-27-2009, 02:27 AM
For me there are two:

The first is a scene from "The Patriot" - Mel Gibson/Heath Ledger movie, not the dumb<censored> Steven Segal movie of the same name. The scene where after everyone is leaving the beach after recuperating the little girl, Gibson's character's youngest child, speaks up and doesn't shy away from him. I get choked up everytime I see that.

The other, and it kind opf surprises me, is the movie "P.S. I love You". The idea that the guy, knowing he was going to die, left final words for his wife to heal and move on was pretty damn classy.