PDA

View Full Version : WFRP (WARHAMMER FANTASY ROLEPLAY): Which is your favorite edition, and why?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-25-2009, 07:40 PM
Please note that i re-initiated this thread adding a poll. Even if you really dont have a response, please vote in the poll anyway. Thank you.

It's no secret that i love WFRP(Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay) and so i thought it would be interesting to start a thread for folks to share with me, and everyone else for that matter, which edition(1E or 2E) is their favorite, and why?

Me first: I love both editions and own everything ever published. If i had to choose an edition, I'd side with 1E, but i will be the first to admit that i started with 1st edition so my preference may just be sentimental.

I do love both and play both, but if i were to fall off the proverbial fence, I'd fall on the 1E side.

Please note: Your votes are set to private so no one will know your vote. :cool:

What say you?

Thoth-Amon

Fersboo
06-05-2009, 08:28 AM
I love the WHFRP system and setting. I had a few of the rule books and campaigns back in the early 90s but didn't have much luck in finding many to play. I haven't roleplayed in quite a long time and was looking forward to the new edition a few years ago. I would very much like to acquire the new edition but haven't found a group of people to game with and so I have really looked at 2E much.

Long story short, I loved 1E but don't know enough about 2E to make an informed decision, so I voted for 1E.

PS - I'd join your game Thoth, but 1- I'm not sure if I'd like to RP online and 2 - timezone difference.

templeorder
06-05-2009, 09:18 AM
I'm not familiar with the 2e rules, and i'm not that big of a fan of the 1e rules, but the setting scores the big points for me. Just the familiarity with the rules gave 1e the bump for me.

Parzival
06-05-2009, 01:44 PM
I loved the concept of the career ladder, but don't have the foggiest about the differences between the editions.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-05-2009, 01:55 PM
I loved the concept of the career ladder, but don't have the foggiest about the differences between the editions.
The basic concept is the same, so if you know one, the second is similar enough where you could jump right into a game.