PDA

View Full Version : What's your Pet Peeve?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-25-2009, 05:41 PM
A pet peeve (or pet hate) is a minor annoyance that an individual identifies as particularly annoying to them, to a greater degree than others may find it. Examples may be; poor table manners, sloppy kitchen hygiene, smoking, grammatical errors in written passages, inconsiderate driving or lazy co-workers. -Wikipedia

I'll begin:

I hate waiting in line at a fast food joint and finding that the folks in front of me don't even begin making an attempt to decide what they want till they are asked by the cashier "how may i help you." Come on, folks! Show some courtesy. :mad:

Participate often, and enjoy the thread. :biggrin:

What share you?

Thoth-Amon

BrotherDog
04-26-2009, 03:05 AM
People who often type in nothing but never-defined acronyms. Especially when they cop attitudes when asked what they mean/stand for.

gajenx
04-26-2009, 08:25 AM
People who make plans and never tell you if they need to cancel them in advance or change them.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-26-2009, 10:54 AM
People who are late, especially to a game, and dont feel there a need to call and make the rest of the group aware they are going to be late. And here's another, but similar, one: People who are incapable of showing up on time. We had a group once where we told an individual that the game started two hours earlier than it did. It worked. I talk about this in great detail in another thread.

gajenx
04-26-2009, 11:02 AM
See I cannot get that mad if someone is alittle late to a game. I am notorious about being 15 minutes late where ever I go unless it is to work. Fate works against me for being on time. Though all my friends know this and so I try as well to plan to be at some place 15 minutes early every time. That way I end up meeting people about when I am suppose to be there give or take 2 - 3 minutes.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-26-2009, 11:08 AM
15 minutes dont bother me either, for i realize things come up. I'm talking about an hour or more, consistently. In a 4-5 hour game, an hour late or more late is significant.

Next pet peeve: Folks that merge onto the freeway at 30-40 mph, while the speed is 65. I see a trucker slam into these folks about once every 10 years.

gajenx
04-26-2009, 11:16 AM
my driving pet peeve is people who do not use blinkers, and people who use them and think that means they can instantly move into another lane regardless if the lane is clear or not.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-26-2009, 11:18 AM
I completely agree. Here's two more:
1) Sports cars that consistently go below the speed limit.
2) Monster trucks with oversized wheels and super shocks crawling over little bumbs at a mile an hour. What's that about? Geeez people!

Sascha
04-26-2009, 01:15 PM
English spelling "rules." If it were another language, sure, rules; as it is, English pops from the shadows, beats up other languages, and rummages through their pockets for new vocab. Hard to be consistent in spelling (plurals, how I hate thee!) when you have little consistency in word origins.

"I before E, except after C,
And when sounding like A, as in neighbor and weigh,
And on weekends and holidays and all throughout May,
And you'll always be wrong no matter what you say!"

Brian Regan, Live, "Stupid in School"

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-26-2009, 01:33 PM
Almost everything for your teeth has fluoride and sugar in it. H e l l o?

gajenx
04-26-2009, 02:55 PM
Wait everything has Fluoride in it? or do you mean it has either fluoride or sugar?

Grumpy Old Man
04-26-2009, 03:08 PM
Almost everything for your teeth has fluoride and sugar in it. H e l l o?
I'm confused too. Water has Stannous Fluoride but no sugar. Toothpaste has
Stannous Fluoride but uses sodium saccharin for a sweetener. What has both?:confused:

[/URL][URL="http://sci-toys.com/ingredients/stannous_fluoride.html"]
(http://sci-toys.com/ingredients/sodium_saccharin.html)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-26-2009, 03:18 PM
I was being vague in the peeve, and i should have said "and/or." My bad. Didn't mean to rattle up the accuracy police.

Fluoride is a big deal in mouthwashes and toothpastes. I wish they wouldn't put it in. As far as any kind of sweeteners go, i wish they would leave it out.

On another note, i wish they wouldn't put fluoride in our water.