PDA

View Full Version : At this very moment of reading this: where are you at and what are you doing?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-30-2009, 09:08 AM
Waiting for the pain to subside while deciding what i will do with my day.

Freejack
07-30-2009, 09:19 AM
Just finished painting two more drawer faces and put them and the other six drawers in the workbench I'm building.

Now I'm watching Cash Cab and getting ready to post more pictures.

Carl

Oldgamer
07-30-2009, 10:38 AM
Aye Cliff's rocking up there. I've never seen them live, sadly. Personally I haven't liked much off their last three albums, it's the old stuff I love.. that seems to be the case with a lot of fans.

Between the Black Album and the latest, Death Magnetic, I didn't care for them much(but bought them to judge for myself). But Death Magnetic brings back their old sound that everyone loves, I listened to it for a month solid to and from work right after it came out, it rocks.

Doom Crow
07-30-2009, 11:48 AM
Between the Black Album and the latest, Death Magnetic, I didn't care for them much(but bought them to judge for myself). But Death Magnetic brings back their old sound that everyone loves, I listened to it for a month solid to and from work right after it came out, it rocks.

I haven't listened to much from their latest album yet. I like Cyanide and the Day that Never Comes but that's all I've really heard..

Speaking of which, that leads me to what I'm doing now, which is listening to One by Metallica, which I plan to follow up with Orion. I am drinking a carb control protein drink and reading some information about creating my own CHaracter Traits for my PBP campaign.

tesral
07-30-2009, 12:32 PM
Arguing with the excitable insurance company.

Doom Crow
07-30-2009, 01:06 PM
What type of insurance?

tesral
07-30-2009, 03:29 PM
What type of insurance?

Health prevention.

Doom Crow
07-30-2009, 03:31 PM
Now I am listening to Boston's Peace of Mind, while eating my solid white abacore tuna and portion of whole wheat pasta with a few spritzes of Balsamic vinegarette and drink my water out of my 2.3 litre jug (been drinking 1.5 of those a day :spit: ). Afterwards I'll be heading to the store to buy lots of veggies and fish as I continue my quest to reach 18% Body Fat. So far I've lost 6% Body Fat in just under three weeks, but I need to go faster!
--- Merged from Double Post ---

Health prevention.

For some reason that makes me think of life insurance.. :laugh:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-30-2009, 03:33 PM
Thinking about pulling myself away from my computer and watch a little boob tube.

Oldgamer
07-30-2009, 03:41 PM
Now I am listening to Boston's Peace of Mind, while eating my solid white abacore tuna and portion of whole wheat pasta with a few spritzes of Balsamic vinegarette and drink my water out of my 2.3 litre jug (been drinking 1.5 of those a day :spit: ). Afterwards I'll be heading to the store to buy lots of veggies and fish as I continue my quest to reach 18% Body Fat. So far I've lost 6% Body Fat in just under three weeks, but I need to go faster!

Good luck, just remember to do it now ... the older you get the harder it is to lose.

Clerical_Errer
07-30-2009, 03:47 PM
Working on a 5th-9th lvl storyline chain of adventures for my non existent 4th edition D&D group, created tokens on Gimp2 and ate a whole mess of pizza rolls, just chillaxin atm posting on the forums.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-30-2009, 05:06 PM
Thinking about going on a Chipotle run then back to hw.

Tamburlain
07-30-2009, 05:18 PM
I am logging off just now to go take two puppies for a walk...

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-30-2009, 05:32 PM
Chipotle run it is, then maybe a walk around the lake. Later, hw... sucks. I'm so not in the mood.

Sascha
07-30-2009, 05:46 PM
Watching The Muppet Show, Season 2, disc 2: George Burns. Sometimes the old jokes are the best jokes :P

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-30-2009, 07:00 PM
Just sucked down a Chipotle burrito and was it good. Time to do a bit of light reading before hw and workout.

Angelus_Nox
07-30-2009, 07:16 PM
Currently writing that species summary I promised 2 or 3 weeks ago, since I can't sleep.

tesral
07-30-2009, 07:52 PM
Watching The Muppet Show, Season 2, disc 2: George Burns. Sometimes the old jokes are the best jokes :P

It';s time to put on makeup it's time to dress up right.

Doom Crow
07-30-2009, 07:59 PM
In my car waiting for my wife to get off work, and then it's off to the gym for an hour of hiking goodness cardio.

Freejack
07-30-2009, 08:00 PM
Got back from a raft trip with a minimum of damage (bruised back, scraped lower leg). Finished painting the handles of the new workbench.

Doom Crow
07-30-2009, 08:03 PM
Was it whitewater rafting? I love whitewater rafting.

Freejack
07-30-2009, 08:32 PM
Yea, it wasn't all that whitewater though. One level 4 rapid over the 8 mile run.

I was out of the raft and holding it for the guide when another raft bumped into it. I was knocked backward and the center of my right back muscle hit the point of a submerged rock. I think my lower leg was scraped there.

I was knocked breathless for a moment. I'm glad for the life vest. It was well padded and likely saved me from a more serious injury.

When I was able to get back up, I tried to get back into the boat but fell sideways. I held myself up and then got a lift back standing. I may have scraped my leg there but I think it was the first time down though.

Otherwise it was pretty cool, even temps wise. The Poudre River was running about 58 or 59 degrees.

Carl

traesin
07-31-2009, 01:46 AM
at work, like always. retraining my neinbor on graveyard. watching Sahara on tv. It only hit 100 today. two days till a day off.....

tesral
07-31-2009, 06:51 AM
Coming up on 8 AM, siting at the computer killing time one bloddly blow at a time.

Hot, I can live without hot. I just sank $1300 in to my car to not deal with hot.

Kaewin
07-31-2009, 08:44 AM
I just got a stare from my 14 yr old cause I called her a hip young groover. I guess i am out of touch these days.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-31-2009, 09:18 AM
I just got a stare from my 14 yr old cause I called her a hip young groover. I guess i am out of touch these days.
I believe the two words in question were hip and groover. That's so 70's. Or course, 80's terminology would have been rad and cool. After that, i lost touch. Don't know the proper terminology for the 90's and today. :laugh:

Oldgamer
07-31-2009, 09:46 AM
Yea, it wasn't all that whitewater though. One level 4 rapid over the 8 mile run.

I was out of the raft and holding it for the guide when another raft bumped into it. I was knocked backward and the center of my right back muscle hit the point of a submerged rock. I think my lower leg was scraped there.

I was knocked breathless for a moment. I'm glad for the life vest. It was well padded and likely saved me from a more serious injury.

When I was able to get back up, I tried to get back into the boat but fell sideways. I held myself up and then got a lift back standing. I may have scraped my leg there but I think it was the first time down though.

Otherwise it was pretty cool, even temps wise. The Poudre River was running about 58 or 59 degrees.

Carl

Lol, the last time I did that was when I was a kid and we went to West Virginia, I think it was called the Snake River. And there was a woman who had to pee once we were underway and she was told if she had to be modest to hang off the side. Some of us thought it would be really funny to yell "Snake!" and someone pointed behind her saying "Moccassin!". It made my 14 year old world when that naked woman bounced into the boat screaming like the hounds of hell were on here butt :biggrin:

tesral
07-31-2009, 10:07 AM

That's part of the parent job description. Be cluelessly out of touch to the utter embarrassment of your children. You need to bone up on at least 90s slang however. And ideally use such phrases in the hearing of her friends.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-31-2009, 10:22 AM
'Bout to check out the movie guide to see if anything good was released in theaters today. Also, seriously craving Kapt. Krunch cereal, for reasons unknown.

Doom Crow
07-31-2009, 10:23 AM
In my car waiting for the BX to open so I can pick something up for my wife. Been in my car for an hour now. Bored out of my mind.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-31-2009, 10:29 AM
In my car waiting for the BX to open so I can pick something up for my wife. Been in my car for an hour now. Bored out of my mind.
Haven't been to a base exchange for over 20 years, not since i was a kid. Brings back memories.

Freejack
07-31-2009, 10:36 AM
Just finished routing the laminate off of the table top then cutting a 45* angle in the edging and gluing it down.

Now I'm just waiting on 10am so I can open the garage and finish this thing up.

Angelus_Nox
07-31-2009, 10:46 AM
Sitting home and enjoying myself, now that I got my state certificate as bilingual administrative assistant.
Also, drinking coke and semi-involuntary switching my sleep/ wake cycle from European to American.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-31-2009, 10:53 AM
Here's something strange for everyone's enjoyment. It is sfw (safe for work): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N1_0SUGlDQ

Doom Crow
07-31-2009, 11:29 AM
Home now, eating and watching Thoth's youtube link with a raised eyebrow and a chuckle. Reminds me of the scenario when I imagined zombies outside my house on the lawn and wondered what I'd do in that situation.

Kaewin
07-31-2009, 01:59 PM
I have been informed by Katbutt that cool is still popular.

The hip and groove came from the fact I have been reading old Avengers and X-Men on DVD discs I have bought. They way they used to talk was down right funny daddy-o

Sascha
07-31-2009, 02:05 PM
Eve (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1469089/): [about Deanna's boyfriend] Her father totally freaked when he found out, and he told her to end it. Then she tried to be all rebellious and storm off the court.
Shawn Spencer (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0734442/): Eww! How grody of her.
Eve (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1469089/): Grody?
Shawn Spencer (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0734442/): Grody to the max. Grody with a spoon. Come on, work with me, I don't know what the kids are saying these days.
Psych, 1.13, "Game, Set ... Muuurder?"

Angelus_Nox
07-31-2009, 03:39 PM
Try phat?

Doom Crow
07-31-2009, 03:46 PM
I'm baking Tilapia, yay.

Angelus_Nox
07-31-2009, 03:55 PM
I just devoured the contents of www.comixed.com
Can't stop laughing.

Sascha
07-31-2009, 06:19 PM
Muppet Show, Season 2, disc 3: Elton John. (That's one voice that just gets better over time~)

Freejack
07-31-2009, 07:28 PM
Just got done moving stuff around and putting the new workbench into place. Still have a few more little things left to do. Now I'm eating dinner. Fried zucchini and onions. Waiting on a Santiago's Burrito to finish it off.

Carl

korhal23
07-31-2009, 08:05 PM
I just finished Tales of Vesperia... a brilliant game any XBox360 owner should consider picking up. And I'm already down half a fifth of Captain Morgan's Private Stock in celebration. This is what happens when the lady friend has other plans :P

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-31-2009, 08:11 PM
Try phat?
I believe phat is 90's, but truth be told, i never cared for phat and junk in the trunk. The latter always makes me think of something else that goes without a need to describe.

Doom Crow
07-31-2009, 08:38 PM
gotta go pick up the wifey from work and then off to the gym for leg workout!!

Freejack
07-31-2009, 09:15 PM
Painted last bit of cabinet doors. Once it's dry, I just need to screw it back together and fix the top.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-31-2009, 09:35 PM
Long walk around lake, dinner, gym, homework, 1 hour of Two-and-a-half Men, then 3 hours of meditation. Exciting stuff.

tesral
07-31-2009, 10:20 PM
Roll up 100 feet of cat5 with cat help.

Doom Crow
07-31-2009, 10:28 PM
Food Shopping. Dinner. Writing. Sleep.

Freejack
07-31-2009, 10:41 PM
Basically finished the workbench (still have to stain the edge of the table top and screw it down). What do you think?

http://www.schelin.org/jpgshow.php?DSCN1137.JPG

:)

Carl

Edit: all of the progress pictures are here: http://schelin.org/20090720/gallery.php

tesral
07-31-2009, 11:03 PM
Sweet. For what kind of work is it? I assume nothing too rough.

Freejack
07-31-2009, 11:12 PM
Sweet. For what kind of work is it? I assume nothing too rough.

Woodworking projects. I have a few more to do for the garage and my wife has a few for the house.

I've pretty much hacked out stuff over the years since I've moved a lot. No point in having nice _heavy_ stuff :) Since my wife has said we're not moving again, I've started creating a workshop instead of just hacking together stuff.

I might add a wood vice to this workbench or save it for the next one. We'll see. But it should be a lot of fun :)

Carl

Oldgamer
08-01-2009, 10:33 AM
Looks great Freejack ... what's your hourly rate? :biggrin:

Angelus_Nox
08-01-2009, 10:57 AM
Back at home, chillin after 4 to 5 hours of airsoft. It would have been longer, but one of our teammates accidentally shot another teammate with a sniper rifle. At close range.

Yep, chillin. Chillin and looking forward to gaming (RoX) later today.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-01-2009, 11:13 AM
Got a big day of walking, hw, gym, reading, and possibly a movie. Right now, i'm about to have breakfast and watching a SpongeBob cartoon. I find it strangely entertaining, dunno why.

Sascha
08-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Got a big day of walking, hw, gym, reading, and possibly a movie. Right now, i'm about to have breakfast and watching a SpongeBob cartoon. I find it strangely entertaining, dunno why.
It's smarter than it looks. Also, Tom Freakin' Kenny. (Ernie Borgnine and Tim Conway as Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, respectively, don't hurt, either ;))

Ezequiel
08-01-2009, 02:15 PM
Just sittin' here with a couple of spoiled old dogs curled up next to me.

Doom Crow
08-01-2009, 02:54 PM
listening to Dream Theater's Pull Me Under, eating lunch and conversing with friends, while working on my campaign setting.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Just walked 6 miles. Thinking about going to the public pool, then a nap--with painkillers(damn injuries), then gym, then homework, then meditation. I swear if it wasn't for all my meditation--and medication, the pain would be unbearable, but i digress. Doctor thinks i'm psycho. He says i will be losing 20 years off the end of my life, and i said, "i'd gladly lose 20 off the end if it gives me 5 tolerable & semi-functional years right now." The saying is true folks: If you don't have your health, you have nothing. Sadly, how true this is. :biggrin:

This was sent to me earlier today. I found it to be funny so i thought i'd share with the rest of you, enjoy!

The correct way to weigh yourself:
http://f301.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f2141568%5fACFFv9EAAPG8SnSZ0Qw07SG LIgg&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1
I can't believe I was doing it wrong all these years.

CEBedford
08-01-2009, 08:36 PM
Taking a break from digesting the Pathfinder Campaign Setting. Also digesting some chicken burritos from Taco Bell, those are damn tasty.

tesral
08-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Mosyin' my way toward bed.

I got this one today.

Boudreaux he been fish'n down by de bayou all day an he done run outta night crawlers.
He be bout reddy to leave when he seen a snake wit a big frog in his mouf.

He knowed dat dem big bass fish like frogs, so he decides to steal dat froggie.

Dat snake, he be a cotton moufed water moccasin, so Boudreaux had to be real careful or he'd get bit.

He snuk up behine de snake and grabbed him roun de haid.

Dat ole snake din't lak dat one bit.

He squirmed and wrapped hisself roun Boudreaux's arm try'n to get hisself free.

But Boudreaux, him, had a real good grip on his haid, yeh.

Well, Boudreaux pried his mouf open and got de frog and puts it in his bait can.

Now, Boudreaux know dat he cain't let go dat snake or he's gonna bite him good, but he have a plan.

He reach into de back pockt of his bib overhauls and pulls out a pint a his Uncle Fouchon's moonshine likker.

He pour some drops into de snakes mouf.

Well, dat snake's eyeballs roll back in his haid and his body go limp.

Wit dat, Boudreaux toss dat snake into de bayou, den he goes back to fish'n.

A while later Boudreaux dun feel sumpin tappin' on his barefoot toe.

He slowly look down and dere be dat cotton moufed water moccasin, wif two more frogs.

Life be good.

Oldgamer
08-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Just finished 3 1/2 hours of Ben Hur, good movie.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-02-2009, 02:47 PM
Just got up from a nap. Haven't been feeling right since yesterday and so this nap was in order. Now i'm watching a show about UFH's, which is Unidentified Flying Humanoids. I guess floating humanoids have been observed since the 40's around the world. Amateur video footage was pretty interesting too.

tesral
08-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Returned for getting Sister in law back from the Hospital (again).

Doom Crow
08-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Just got back from the gym after some intense carido, now drinking some protein and getting ready to continue working on the Pantheon page for my campaign wiki at Obsidian Portal. Why don't you take a look? Pariatas Pantheon (http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/pariatas/wikis/pantheon)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Having a steak craving. Must go to store and pick on up. Right now i'm watching Gene Simmons on TV.

Sascha
08-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Just got home from a quick trip to the campus; the walk is about as long, being out of shape, as my last school's, 'cept I'm not walking straight up a frickin' mountain to get to school :P

Then to unwind with Friday night's Eureka. Hooray for Hulu~

Mead
08-02-2009, 09:01 PM
Rolling up my WFRP character and feeling betrayed by the automerge function =)

Freejack
08-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Been gathering my gear for the trip to GenCon. Just found my basic mechanical stuff. Now I just need to get it organized and tested to make sure it all works.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-02-2009, 10:37 PM
Watching X-Games and getting ready for the gym. Just got some life changing news about 30 minutes ago and am still processing it. Hmm, isn't life interesting, or how i like to describe the unexplainable events that occur in my life: God's a woman and she has no sense of humor. Yep, that definitely explains it.

CEBedford
08-03-2009, 09:25 AM
I'm waking up and excited there's only 10 more days until Pathfindere releases.

Doom Crow
08-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Looking up air fares and about to boot up WoW to play with my wife on her day off.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-03-2009, 11:52 AM
Talking to my girl online. Wishing there was an online computer game that i actually liked. I envy those of you that get addicted. Sounds like a cheap way to be entertained.

Vodka
08-03-2009, 11:56 AM
Chatting in the chat room and listening to the Penny Arcade/PVP D&D podcasts. Also considering a bout of Guild Wars.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Wondering about the playability of www.myth-weavers.com for online gaming. Anyone want to give some input on said site?

About to have oatmeal, then watch TV.

Oldgamer
08-03-2009, 01:31 PM
Wondering about the playability of www.myth-weavers.com (http://www.myth-weavers.com) for online gaming. Anyone want to give some input on said site?

I use Mythweavers all the time, it's a great site for PbP games of all genre's. I used to run 2 on there and play in over a dozen, but I had to bow out of them when I lost my job because I wasn't able to put in a reliable amount of time into it. But I've recently started up another as a DM and am playing in 2 of the old ones I was in. I love it. Their tag codes are awesome for rolling dice, commenting OOC, PMing in game, etc ... it has great in-thread capabilities. Its also very easy to set up a game as a GM or find one as a player.

Sascha
08-03-2009, 02:15 PM
Just got back from CSU's transfer orientation. Debating what avenue to pursue to alleviate the rising heat.

korhal23
08-03-2009, 04:20 PM
Wondering about the playability of www.myth-weavers.com for online gaming. Anyone want to give some input on said site?

I have used Myth-Weavers as a place to store character sheets for PbPs and VTTs. Great site for that purpose, easy to use, and you can link your char sheet out to, say, the GM or other players and they can read it but only you can change it.

Doom Crow
08-03-2009, 08:17 PM
Just got back from 45 minutes of upper body lifting and 1 hour of cardio at the gym. I have salt crystals left on my skin after the sweat has dried. Going to finish this Powerade and take a shower, and continue entering the information on the deities in my Pantheon.

Turkey burgers tonight for dinner.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Having a major protein craving, streak preferably. Sadly, wont happen tonight. Just finished 3 hours worth of homework. Going to gym later for 30 minutes of weights and an hour of cardio.

Anyone familiar with Vista? I need to reformat and didn't create reboot disks do to some bad advice from Best Buy(i realize the terminology prob isnt right). How do i do it? Anyone who knows, please PM me. Thanx.

Ezequiel
08-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Chatting in the chat room and listening to the Penny Arcade/PVP D&D podcasts. Also considering a bout of Guild Wars.

Those guys are an absolute riot. Jim Darkmagic (of the New Hampshire Darkmagics) ftw! :biggrin:

traesin
08-04-2009, 02:51 AM
well it's tuesday morning, I'm at work and finally vertical. Got hme from work sat. at 9:30 and didn't get up till 1am Monday. (can you say tired?) so much for a day off.
I'm sitting here looking at the disaster the kitchen was. They tore it out today. ick. No sink till Thursday. oh well.

Can't help on Vista, I still run XP.

tesral
08-04-2009, 07:55 AM
Can't help on Vista, I still run XP.

Very little to help with Vista.

Doom Crow
08-04-2009, 09:53 AM
Having eaten a turkey and pepperjack cheese sandwich I am ready to tackle the day's challenge of writing and looking for manga spoilers.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-04-2009, 09:55 AM
Probably going to a flick today. Other than that, homework. Ugh!

korhal23
08-04-2009, 04:03 PM
Having a major protein craving, streak preferably. Sadly, wont happen tonight. Just finished 3 hours worth of homework. Going to gym later for 30 minutes of weights and an hour of cardio.

Anyone familiar with Vista? I need to reformat and didn't create reboot disks do to some bad advice from Best Buy(i realize the terminology prob isnt right). How do i do it? Anyone who knows, please PM me. Thanx.

Simply put, you MUST have the disc. So long as you still have your own key, you can borrow a friend's disc and use your key... I wish there were a better answer than that for you Thoth.

tesral
08-04-2009, 06:49 PM
Vista sucks. And I fele sucky. I must be vista.

I'm going to go shoot my boot sector now.

korhal23
08-04-2009, 07:28 PM
*shrug* I've had Vista on three machines (one 32 bit, two 64 bit)... it really only seems to cause issues on upgrades, rather than clean installs. Or if you have old hardware you're trying to plug into it. It's still too much of a resource hog for it's own good, but my Windows 7 box has no such issue... 7 is slick, fast, resource light, and user friendly. The general consensus on Vista though is that it is VERY secure... so secure it keeps you out of your own stuff from time to time. But I'll take "too secure" as a flaw in my OS any day of the week.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Actually, Vista doesn't suck. That parroted line is getting old, though if you're referring to it being a resource hog, then you and korhal23 are 100% right.

My problem is that my computer didn't come with a Vista software disk (why Microsoft?). I was told-wrong-that it was like XP in that you can go back to an original date-or date of your choosing-and have it reboot from there, no worries. Problem is, Vista cant do that (why Microsoft?), but rather needs a reboot disk. Problem, i didn't use reboot disks when originally purchased. Now i have a problem: No Vista software on disk to reinstall.

Thanks for the 411 on Windows 7, korhal23. I was curious.

Other than that, i just had an Ostrich Burger from Fuddruckers and it was a-okay.

tesral
08-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Actually, Vista doesn't suck. That parroted line is getting old, though if you're referring to it being a resource hog, then you and korhal23 are 100% right.

My problem is that my computer didn't come with a Vista software disk (why Microsoft?). I was told-wrong-that it was like XP in that you can go back to an original date-or date of your choosing-and have it reboot from there, no worries. Problem is, Vista cant do that (why Microsoft?), but rather needs a reboot disk. Problem, i didn't use reboot disks when originally purchased. Now i have a problem: No Vista software on disk to reinstall.

Thanks for the 411 on Windows 7, korhal23. I was curious.

Other than that, i just had an Ostrich Burger from Fuddruckers and it was a-okay.

Eatin'; dinosaur again eh?

Microsoft doesn't supply disks anymore, it's stupid. the recovery partition is worthless if, as in the case of my son's laptop, the hard drive physically fails. Recovery partition? Not so much. The recovery partition is a stupid idea that people have allowed the computer makers to get away with.

The Lenovo T-61 came with a OEM system disk that will work on any computer I put it in. SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop. No product key, no lock in, it just works.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-04-2009, 09:07 PM
Eatin'; dinosaur again eh?

Microsoft doesn't supply disks anymore, it's stupid. the recovery partition is worthless if, as in the case of my son's laptop, the hard drive physically fails. Recovery partition? Not so much. The recovery partition is a stupid idea that people have allowed the computer makers to get away with.

The Lenovo T-61 came with a OEM system disk that will work on any computer I put it in. SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop. No product key, no lock in, it just works.
I will admit to you, tesral, that Microsoft is and has been turning me off with there products more and more over the last couple of years-and i'm a big Microsoft fan. There are other options out there that are just as stable, if not more stable-and for less cost than Microsoft. If Microsoft was smart, they'd start paying more attention. This new thing about not giving the buyers a Windows disk, software that we paid for, just slaps us in the face.

Thoth wonders if he can put Linux on his desktop, and if so, which office programs work with Linux?

Sascha
08-05-2009, 12:14 AM
Sighing a breath of relief, finally finishing my fall schedule. Basic requirements, go~!

Doom Crow
08-05-2009, 12:21 AM
Playing rock band, currently on drums. Hard to type this at the same time :p

traesin
08-05-2009, 02:26 AM
I'm fighting a headache. the weather is changing, it's finally cooling down. I'm working on two characters for pbp. listening to skid row.

If you are one of the lucky ones getting to go to Indy for GEN CON. Say Hi for me. I miss that place..... Oh and one of the best pizza joints is Donato's.

Sascha
08-05-2009, 02:28 AM
Playing rock band, currently on drums. Hard to type this at the same time :p
Drummer ... they're the guys who hang out with musicians, right? ^_^

Angelus_Nox
08-05-2009, 05:10 AM
I too used to bash Vista. Then I started using it. Aside from a few issues, I actually think it's more comfortable than XP. My main gripes are the crappy search option, the control panel and the fact that I sometimes can't have the rights to alter folders, despite being on the administrator account.
Other than that, me is satisfied.
As to you not having a recovery disk: I take it you paid for the OS, as it was on your machine when you got it. Would it be illegal to download a program you already paid for?

Regarding myself: sitting at home and giving potentially illegal advice. ;) And contemplating dinner.

tesral
08-05-2009, 06:05 AM
Thoth wonders if he can put Linux on his desktop, and if so, which office programs work with Linux?

Well I'm using Linux right now. For free we have Open Office and I find it meets my needs.

If windows programs you must have there is wine. Or if you want wine in a box Crossover Linux (http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxlinux/)is your baby. There are also several flavors of virtualization, running windows itself as a virtual machine in a window on Linux.

Freejack
08-05-2009, 07:31 AM
Getting ready to pack up the bike for the trip. Getting new skins today and chasing down a few extras. I found out I need to have a character or two for GenCon so I'm scrambling on that.

tesral
08-05-2009, 08:00 AM
Post more. Posting builds Character.

Don't believe me?

Look at the Characters we have posting here.

traesin
08-05-2009, 08:41 AM
Getting ready to pack up the bike for the trip. Getting new skins today and chasing down a few extras. I found out I need to have a character or two for GenCon so I'm scrambling on that.

Take me with you!

couting down till i get off work..20 mins left. finished two characters for pbp. cursing my net card. debating what to have for dinner this morning.

Doom Crow
08-05-2009, 08:55 AM
Just woke up, thinking about what to eat for breakfast.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-05-2009, 10:32 AM
I too used to bash Vista. Then I started using it. Aside from a few issues, I actually think it's more comfortable than XP. My main gripes are the crappy search option, the control panel and the fact that I sometimes can't have the rights to alter folders, despite being on the administrator account.
Other than that, me is satisfied.
As to you not having a recovery disk: I take it you paid for the OS, as it was on your machine when you got it. Would it be illegal to download a program you already paid for?

Regarding myself: sitting at home and giving potentially illegal advice. ;) And contemplating dinner.
Sometimes Microsoft forces people's hands. I paid for it so i should have a copy. I was also given bad advice about resetting it to an earlier date, something XP allows you to do. So the way i see it, if they try to screw me on something i already own, then i will grab one from somewhere else. I'll be going to Dell first to see what can be done, then to Microsoft. If they tell me i have to purchase the software again, not only will Dell lose a customer, but i will look into a Microsoft competitor.

Look, i'm not unsympathetic to Microsoft, for they have gotten screwed by the courts in the international arena and at home, but they shouldn't lose site of their loyal and law abiding customers. If and when they do, it's not good for their business and loyalty is lost. Really, the only reason, now-a-days, i still use them is that my school accepts only certain software to be used for Word and Excel. If and when that changes, Microsoft will be in a world of hurt.

Well I'm using Linux right now. For free we have Open Office and I find it meets my needs.

If windows programs you must have there is wine. Or if you want wine in a box Crossover Linux (http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxlinux/)is your baby. There are also several flavors of virtualization, running windows itself as a virtual machine in a window on Linux.

I also have Open Office and have intended to try it out. It looks to be capable of doing things i need to do. I'll take a closer look at the link you shared when i have time so thanks for listing.

I gotta go to Best Buy later this morning so i will take a look at things to help better an upcoming decision.

Doom Crow
08-05-2009, 02:16 PM
eating sushi and dried apricots, and writing on my campaign

tesral
08-05-2009, 02:41 PM
Look, i'm not unsympathetic to Microsoft, for they have gotten screwed by the courts in the international arena and at home,

Screwed? Hardly. I follow such news closely, they haven't gotten half the reaming they deserve. They are guilty as charged and the "Justice" Department under Shrub let them off the hook, totally. We the People are the ones getting screwed. Ask yourself why you cannot go into any store selling computers and get one without Windows installed? If I am not going to use windows, why should I pay for it?

I gotta go to Best Buy later this morning so I will take a look at things to help better an upcoming decision.

Have you nothing better than Best Buy? I understand if that is the only choice, but the place reeks of people looking after their commission, not people looking after me. Never mind I have yet to find a floor sales rep or a Geek Squader that knows as much as I do.

Do yourself a favor and do not buy anything until you have checked a few on line sources. Best Buy in my experience is not the best buy, in fact seldom is. The fewer computer sellers in your area the worse they are. And yes, they have been caught hands in the cookie jar a few times on bait and switch schemes or one price here and another price there.

I deal with Best Buy like I deal with devils. Afterweards I count my money, fingers, toes, and relitives.

korhal23
08-05-2009, 04:33 PM
Actually, I'm in the "Microsoft was treated unfairly" camp. Back then, people didn't really know how IT was going to work, and thought that since IE came bundled with Windows, that Microsoft would control the internets (all 27 of them). That's simply untrue. And now the cycle repeats, as the justice department is setting its sights on Google, even though Google is only truly dominant in the realm of search engines (though there's plenty others out there).

As far as Best Buy goes, you have to know what you want when you walk in. If you go "I'd like a computer, please" and they go "what kind?", your answer had better not be "Um... not too heavy." or yeah, you just painted a giant commission bullseye on your back. If however you know what you want, you can easily get it, and usually fairly cheap.

As for buying a computer without Windows, it's simple... 90% of users USE Windows... and if you're buying a pre-built computer, odds are you want to pull it out of the box, plug it in and get going. The Linux nerds typically built their box themselves, (as do many gamers who use Windows, the only viable OS for games), and the Mac-philes, well their stuff is almost ALWAYS pre-built for extra shininess and smugness right in the box... but your average user who's going to Best Buy just wants an internet/email/porn box, and probably wants Windows anyway.

CEBedford
08-05-2009, 07:30 PM
Have you nothing better than Best Buy? I understand if that is the only choice, but the place reeks of people looking after their commission, not people looking after me.

Actually, Best Buy employees do not work on commission. The problem there is usually their rule of talking to EVERY customer who passes by you which often means a customer feels harrassed as dozens of employees constantly saying, "Can I help you."

I happen to work for a retail store and I personally do work on commission however I've never treated anyone like they were a paycheck. Perhaps I'm an exception but I pride myself on being well payed and always serving the customer first.

traesin
08-06-2009, 04:42 AM
I get left alone at Best buy. It's nice. I can go in and look around with out being hounded. Of coarse when I do need help I have to hunt someone down. I have never bought a computer from them and won't you their Geek Squad. I've put together most of my tower except the motherboard. My laptop I bought from Tigerdirect.com. Love those guys. I do most of my own fixing with help from my gamer friends in Indy. Unfortunately I got to put in a new motherboard in my tower. Haven't decided whether to pay someone or try it myself.

Right now I'm on my laptop typing up character backrounds and listening to random music on my media player.

Sascha
08-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Watching the Pink Panther movies again (skipping the first; starting with A Shot in the Dark). <3<3 Peter Sellers and Herbert Lom ^_^

Freejack
08-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Getting ready to watch Breakfast Club, required for the All Flesh Must Be Eaten game at GenCon.

Carl

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-06-2009, 08:52 PM
Trying to purchase two 6x9 Polk speaker grills off of Ebay, unsuccessfully. Strangely, i had mine stolen-not the speakers, just the grills.

Came back from the Oakland A's vs Texas game earlier today. Now i'm just sitting around eating dinner.

Doom Crow
08-06-2009, 09:42 PM
eating dinner, gotta stay up now that shift has changed to nights.. 7pm-7am

tesral
08-06-2009, 11:04 PM
Tired, going to bed.

amardolem
08-06-2009, 11:24 PM
hunched over my keyboard gloating, and bleary eyed, sucessfully not getting my halfling sorcerer into melee whatsoever after my elf wizard bought it last week from that sort of activity ("his brother WAS a March warden after all, it's not like he had never used a longsword before") in a fatal TPK

Why though? Why do I do this when the alrm is going to go off at 5:25am?

I guess that's why the gods made coffee! Praise Gorum! And old nerds!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-06-2009, 11:44 PM
Pondering life-my unlife--and wondering about its direction.

Sascha
08-07-2009, 12:00 AM
Pondering life-my unlife--and wondering about its direction.
The Brain (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005606/): Pinky, are you pondering what... you know.
Pinky (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0667326/): I think so, but... uh... something about a duck.
Pinky and the Brain

traesin
08-07-2009, 02:07 AM
eating dinner, gotta stay up now that shift has changed to nights.. 7pm-7am

Welcome to Graveyard.

I'm at work watching something on Nova.:confused: Eating tortilla chips and drinking a Pepsi.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-07-2009, 09:51 AM
Slowing waking up. Going through all my emails and thinking about breakfast.

Doom Crow
08-07-2009, 10:19 AM
trying to write with my cat sleeping on my left arm.

Oldgamer
08-07-2009, 10:53 AM
The Brain (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005606/): Pinky, are you pondering what... you know.
Pinky (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0667326/): I think so, but... uh... something about a duck.
Pinky and the Brain

Man I loved Pinky and the Brain, I wish they still made them.

trying to write with my cat sleeping on my left arm.

I have the same problem. I push her off, she just stretches her way back in a few moments.

Right now pondering whether or not to buy libation for this evening.

Sascha
08-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Man I loved Pinky and the Brain, I wish they still made them.
Brain-2-Me-2 (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005606/): This is it, Pinky-O, our moment of truth. Are you pondering what I'm pondering?
3-Pinky-0 (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0667326/): Um, I think so, Brain-2, but a show about two talking lab mice? Huh, it'll never get on the air.
Animaniacs

NarutoAngel221
08-08-2009, 08:44 AM
I am in my room right now doing some surfing and I am looking for some new games

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-08-2009, 12:15 PM
Got hit by some illness last night around 2am. This one makes my all time top 5, no question.

tesral
08-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Gaming tonight Yea!

Sascha
08-08-2009, 02:06 PM
Watching Alfred Kinsey and Renton separate a slave boy from his mother, and take him to see Jules Winnfield and a Muppet. Oh, and something about menacing, phantom-like Scottish senators.

traesin
08-08-2009, 03:42 PM
enjoying a day off while my cat insists on sheding all over me. made go to a movie tonight

tesral
08-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Gaming last night, and tonight.

Sascha
08-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Watching Renton, Jules Winnfield, and Stephen Glass beat up robots with the help of a one-man army. Also Dracula fights a Muppet.
Watching Stephen Glass kill Count Dracula, aid in Jules Winnfield's death, fight Renton, then get turned into Mufasa. Also a Walking Carpet is friends with a Muppet.
Watching the Joker's voice, Indiana Jones and a Walking Carpet rescue Debbie Reynolds, Jr. from Mufasa, then blow up Dr. Van Helsing's space station ... and Van Helsing, too. A Muppet does not appear.
Watching Debbie Reynolds, Jr., Indiana Jones and the Walking Carpet get captured by Mufasa, while the Joker's voice trains with a Muppet. Also a Big Reveal.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-09-2009, 12:22 AM
Ill, and not a bit happy about it.

Sascha
08-09-2009, 02:54 AM
(Get better soon, Lich! For whatever value of 'better' applies to the undead, that is.)

Watching Debbie Reynolds, Jr., Indiana Jones and a Walking Carpet beat up mooks with the assistance of teddy bears, while the Joker's voice turns Mufasa into the ghost of Stephen Glass. Also a Muppet dies.

tesral
08-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Ill, and not a bit happy about it.

You have my sympathy, also company. Ugh.

Watching Debbie Reynolds, Jr., Indiana Jones and a Walking Carpet beat up mooks with the assistance of teddy bears, while the Joker's voice turns Mufasa into the ghost of Stephen Glass. Also a Muppet dies.

Yes, yes, Return of the Jedi, we get the idea.

Doom Crow
08-10-2009, 02:49 PM
Got back from the gym, need to finish my pbp character for Arkhemedes' game and maybe write a bit.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Still sick and miserable, but hey, i'm looking better daily. There must be something to this no food diet i'm on.

How you holding up, tesral, my fellow immortal?

What comforts me is in knowing that even Zeus was poisened by Cronus. He lived.

Freejack
08-10-2009, 05:52 PM
Sitting in a motel room in Belfield North Dakota waiting for the JB Weld on the clutch lever to cure so I can continue on my trip to GenCon.

Yea, dropped the bike after leaving a campground this morning and broke the clutch lever. JB Weld takes up to 24 hours to cure so I'm idling reading my book, browsing forums, and reading eBooks.

Carl

tesral
08-10-2009, 09:59 PM
Still sick and miserable, but hey, i'm looking better daily. There must be something to this no food diet i'm on.

How you holding up, tesral, my fellow immortal?

What comforts me is in knowing that even Zeus was poisened by Cronus. He lived.

Feeling better the mold and weather issues are past. Digging out the floor of the foyer is likely to be no fun either, but forewarned I can keep the benydryil handy.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-10-2009, 10:23 PM
Excedrin is kicking in. Best pain killer on the market, even better than hydrocodone. Keep that death pill away from me.

Thinking about doing some homework and beginning to worry about a rare book i ordered from overseas that still has not arrived.

Ah, another day of no grub. I don't miss it.

mohini
08-11-2009, 08:06 AM
Listening to the rain, not sleeping. I'm not the only one in this house who couldn't sleep tonight.

I guess it's morning now.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-11-2009, 09:15 AM
Wishing it was raining here. I'm just coming around and thinking about my day. So far i have to take one quiz, write 2 letters and pick up my car from the shop.

Harwel
08-11-2009, 09:28 AM
I'm eating a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich on an english muffin. Mmmm. Bacon.

CEBedford
08-11-2009, 10:15 AM
Taking a break from management training.

tesral
08-11-2009, 11:01 AM
Taking my car back to the shop, grrr.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-11-2009, 11:21 AM
Taking my car back to the shop, grrr.
That sucks. I'm hoping to get mine back today.

What happened? They break something else while fixing your car or just didn't do a quality check on their work before allowing you to have it back?

Freejack
08-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Still stuck in Belfield North Dakota. I had to order the replacement clutch assembly. $85 to be next day'd to my motel. Then it's on to Gencon.

Carl

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-11-2009, 01:33 PM
Wondering when my car will be done, and watching some lottery movie where the cop shares half the winnings with a waitress.

tesral
08-11-2009, 02:06 PM
That sucks. I'm hoping to get mine back today.

What happened? They break something else while fixing your car or just didn't do a quality check on their work before allowing you to have it back?

The "fixed" AC leaked all its freon. So the leak must be found and killed with prejudice. Considering we are now getting the weather the Northwest had last week, AC is not an option.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Currently i'm looking for a killer chili recipe on the net.

Sascha
08-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Currently i'm looking for a killer chili recipe on the net.
Made with Killer Tomatoes, I'd wager.

tesral
08-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Made with Killer Tomatoes, I'd wager.

They attack hairballs.

FrederickL
08-11-2009, 03:55 PM
At this very moment I'm procrastinating.

I do that a lot.

tesral
08-11-2009, 03:56 PM
In half an hour I have to pick my wife up from work.

MortonStromgal
08-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Sitting on hold with HP...

tesral
08-11-2009, 04:00 PM
Sitting on hold with HP...

No doubt with their hold musick telling you how wonderful HP is.

Doom Crow
08-12-2009, 03:02 AM
Watching season 2 episodes of True Blood with my wife.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-12-2009, 10:06 AM
Need to do some hw projects and take care of some other business today. Now, time for breakfast.

tesral
08-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Yea, jump start day, or try to.

Doom Crow
08-12-2009, 12:53 PM
Just woke up, need to hit the library and write some.

tesral
08-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Second load of dishes in. The Kitchen falls before me.

MuslixtheMighty
08-12-2009, 06:39 PM
I am trying to decide if I want to go out to Karaoke tonight with people I haven't seen in a while but not very fond of.

korhal23
08-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Laundry :( Going over the official Fantasy Craft campaign. Initial impression: decent story, a few stereotypes but that's a good way to see how this game handles common situations differently from other games.

Tamburlain
08-12-2009, 07:04 PM
Chatting with my wife... just walked the pups... at this very moment, sniffing some Dahl cooking on the stove. Mmmm. Maybe a little too much cayenne.

Sascha
08-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Chatting with my wife... just walked the pups... at this very moment, sniffing some Dahl cooking on the stove. Mmmm. Maybe a little too much cayenne.
Wondering why anyone would want to cook an author of children's books. Or are you cooking the books themselves?

(Also staring at Tamburlain's new avatar ... purty~!)

Tamburlain
08-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Wondering why anyone would want to cook an author of children's books. Or are you cooking the books themselves?

(Also staring at Tamburlain's new avatar ... purty~!)

HA! We cook books in this house all the time. Tomorrow is my turn to do dinner. I'm thinking... hmm... maybe some Shel Silverstein.

As for the avatar, I was roundly taken to task for my last avatar's gender ambiguity, so I decided to take ambiguity another direction. Glad you likey! ;)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Just got back from watching the movie, Moon. How do i feel about it other than the fact that it was good and worth watching? Short answer: Dammmmmmmmmmmmmmit!

I was writing a scifi story that held great promise over the last year that is somewhat similar(barely, but close enough) that i feel my idea was stolen(not really, but you know the feeling). Well, on a positive note, my story was/is 10 times better.

I'm stewing about it now, but on another positive note, apparently when i listen to Rod Steward realllly loud and stew about something, i get epiphanies. This time i thought of a great book to write that hasn't been done yet-as far as i know. So there's a plus.

tesral
08-12-2009, 08:25 PM
H
As for the avatar, I was roundly taken to task for my last avatar's gender ambiguity, so I decided to take ambiguity another direction. Glad you likey! ;)

I liked it.

Tamburlain
08-12-2009, 10:00 PM
I liked it.

See! I can't win for losing. (You hear that, Arkhemedes?? Someone liked it.) :biggrin:

Doom Crow
08-13-2009, 03:00 AM
See! I can't win for losing. (You hear that, Arkhemedes?? Someone liked it.) :biggrin:

Is it supposed to be a depiction of "Muppets Adventure in the Garden of Eden"?
:boink:

traesin
08-13-2009, 06:42 AM
at work. just spent all night reloading software on to my new laptop. sigh. It's nice to be up and running again.

Tamburlain
08-13-2009, 07:25 AM
Is it supposed to be a depiction of "Muppets Adventure in the Garden of Eden"?
:boink:

In a real sense, yes. But it is the un-named garden.

Oldgamer
08-13-2009, 01:16 PM
Just got done creating a 3rd level Knight for a low magic Arthurian-esque (DM's word) game on Mythweavers. The DM wanted a helluva background and a Good Deed that he'd done (had to have done something good for the people to get Knighted) and it took me about an hour or two to write (as well as doing other games online).

Now getting ready to head to the grocery for some fat back to make a green bean, ham, and potato casserole with my wife later for dinner.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-13-2009, 02:01 PM
Just picked up the Vette from the shop. Nice to have a car again.

Sascha
08-13-2009, 02:20 PM
Wondering what The Spirit would have been like, with a different director. (Still, Sam Jackson hamming it up as the Octopus? Worth it~)

Oldgamer
08-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Wondering what The Spirit would have been like, with a different director. (Still, Sam Jackson hamming it up as the Octopus? Worth it~)

Would've been better if any different director had made it. You just can't beat Sam Jackson for roles of "Attitude", he has the best sounding F word in the biz.

Sascha
08-13-2009, 05:04 PM
Would've been better if any different director had made it. You just can't beat Sam Jackson for roles of "Attitude", he has the best sounding F word in the biz.
Yeah. The acting was enjoyable, in spite of the dialogue and direction, methinks, heh. It was like two different movies, competing for screen time - the cartoony 'newspaper comic,' and the darker 'Frank Miller comic'; maybe a different director coulda made it work, or maybe they'd have stuck to one or the other. Still, Sam Jackson, large ham! Always entertaining~

(And Scarlett Johansson, /sigh. I'd watch Congressional oversight committee meetings, if she were on-screen.)

Doom Crow
08-13-2009, 11:18 PM
Yeah. The acting was enjoyable, in spite of the dialogue and direction, methinks, heh. It was like two different movies, competing for screen time - the cartoony 'newspaper comic,' and the darker 'Frank Miller comic'; maybe a different director coulda made it work, or maybe they'd have stuck to one or the other. Still, Sam Jackson, large ham! Always entertaining~

(And Scarlett Johansson, /sigh. I'd watch Congressional oversight committee meetings, if she were on-screen.)

Well you know what they say, "In Scarlett we fap" :censored:

tesral
08-13-2009, 11:42 PM
Well you know what they say, "In Scarlett we fap" :censored:

Actually, I don't say that.

Doom Crow
08-13-2009, 11:58 PM
I know, it was a spoof :p

traesin
08-14-2009, 04:17 AM
at work. I wish i was home in my nice comfry bed. just got done watching the Bob and Tom Show. those guys always make me laugh. Caddyshack is on now, then History of the World Part 1.

Arkhemedes
08-14-2009, 05:55 AM
at work. I wish i was home in my nice comfry bed. just got done watching the Bob and Tom Show. those guys always make me laugh. Caddyshack is on now, then History of the World Part 1.
Wow, watching TV and goofing around on the computer. Dang, you sure have it rough at work.:p

traesin
08-14-2009, 06:08 AM
Wow, watching TV and goofing around on the computer. Dang, you sure have it rough at work.:p

Well I do have to do some cleaning....about 45mins worth. But I have a 68 year old that I have to help go to the bathroom. If he makes it.

Oldgamer
08-14-2009, 10:32 AM

I have to agree ... Scarlett is HOT!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-14-2009, 12:15 PM
Leaving in a few minutes to see Precinct 9.

emblasochist
08-14-2009, 01:50 PM
Do you by chance mean District 9 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_9)?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Just got back from Precinct 9. Conclusions: Almost disturbing, but a real good movie.

Sascha
08-14-2009, 05:00 PM
Watching NewsRadio on Hulu; can't wait til the episode they all find out Dave's Canadian.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-14-2009, 05:43 PM
Watching How did you get so rich? on television. Hoping i can learn something for i am tired of struggling. I am old enough now to appreciate some serious cash.

Doom Crow
08-15-2009, 03:17 AM
About to head for the airport, the wife and I will be vacationing back in our home states. I'll try to post every now and again while I'm gone on my iPhone if I can. Be back on the 30th.

Cheers! :rapture:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-15-2009, 08:56 AM
Waiting for the blood to circulate, then attack the day.

tesral
08-15-2009, 10:06 AM
Waiting for the blood to circulate, then attack the day.

Lichs have blood?

We are getting the day started as well. I have to make an appointment for Midnight to get her second round of shots.

Tamburlain
08-15-2009, 03:51 PM
Deciding whether or not to go get a haircut. Weighty issues, my friends...

emblasochist
08-15-2009, 04:11 PM
Trying to decide on seeing The Goods. Anyone seen it?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-15-2009, 06:20 PM
Just tried to watch Dan in Real Life, and failed. Ugh.

tesral
08-15-2009, 07:48 PM
Just tried to watch Dan in Real Life, and failed. Ugh.

That bad, or that "I failed to care?"

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-15-2009, 07:57 PM
That bad, or that "I failed to care?"
I've heard it was great... and probably it was. Perhaps one needs the perspective from having marriage and kids, two things i don't have. If you have one or both of those, then perhaps you'll love it. I dunno. :confused:

Arkhemedes
08-15-2009, 08:26 PM
Currently entrenched in two totally kick-ass play by posts at the moment and waiting for others to respond. Who says play by posts can't be exciting live games?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-15-2009, 08:39 PM
Currently entrenched in two totally kick-ass play by posts at the moment and waiting for others to respond. Who says play by posts can't be exciting live games?
I'm envious.

Me: Just finished 12 mini-reports for class and have yet to write an argument paper for my instructor. You see, i was marked down for a whole point (two half points) and i want them back. I am correct, after all, and have the proof. Yeah, i'm a point whore. Surprisingly, more times than not, that 1 point made the difference between a B & an A.

Okay, need a breather. Going to walk the lake before writing said letter. Need to unwind a bit. Again, i'm envious of your killer "totally kick-ass play by posts" games.

Game on!

Sascha
08-16-2009, 10:17 AM
Listening to Star Wars-themed music and trying to wake up. (The Presidents' "Death Star" makes me giggle like nobody's business ^_^)

tesral
08-16-2009, 11:31 AM
Reading pen and paper and trying to avoid real work.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-16-2009, 12:12 PM
You and me, both.

CEBedford
08-16-2009, 03:08 PM
I'm sitting at my dad's pondering where to set my Pathfinder game and also pondering what I will use to make my stomach stop growling.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-16-2009, 03:12 PM
Watching a Godzilla movie on TV. Apparently, he's bad in this movie. He just beat Mothra and now he's dealing with MegaGodzilla.

Oldgamer
08-16-2009, 03:20 PM
Just saw some of the horror classics that are going to be remade or are being remade ...

http://my.spill.com/profiles/blog/show?id=947994:BlogPost:1314516

CEBedford
08-16-2009, 03:44 PM
Just saw some of the horror classics that are going to be remade or are being remade ...

http://my.spill.com/profiles/blog/show?id=947994:BlogPost:1314516

Why the hell do they remake movies that aren't even old? Let the Right One In is fantastic as is. Damn lame ass filmmakers. Its funny that Versus is on the list, I love the movie but I miss the popularity that would dictate a remake.

As for the older films that irk me. Jekyl and Hyde with an emotionless lead actor? WTF, seriously WTF!? The BBC's version called Jekyl was amazing and I'd rather see another season of that show.

The only one on that list that interests me is Predator. I think it's hard to screw that one up, unless you're Paul. W. Anderson that is.

Oldgamer
08-16-2009, 04:12 PM
I had to ask WTF about Let the Right One In ... it's less than a year old. I'm not so sure about Predator, I liked the original and it will be hard to beat for me.

As one of the posters said somewhere on there ... where did all the original material go? I mean, c'mon ... did filmmakers and writers lose their imagination or something?

CEBedford
08-16-2009, 04:43 PM
I had to ask WTF about Let the Right One In ... it's less than a year old. I'm not so sure about Predator, I liked the original and it will be hard to beat for me.

As one of the posters said somewhere on there ... where did all the original material go? I mean, c'mon ... did filmmakers and writers lose their imagination or something?

There are plenty of foreign films on the remake slab that hardly need one. Battle Royale and Oldboy being too of my particular favorites. Oldboy is very nearly a perfect movie and deserves to be seen by more people before they inevitably soil it's legacy.

My point with Predator can be revised. Nothing will replace the first one, ever. However, the Predator itself is an infinitely cool antagonist and it should be easy to accomplish an entertaining film that does the series justice. Even at his "worst" RR makes some entertaining movies.

As for loss of imagination, Hollywood has always had it's fair share of coat tail riding mediocre talent. Now that there's so much money involved it's just way too easy for bad ideas to get made, and good ideas to get pushed aside as too risky and expensive. One has to wonder how many awful movies get made on skeleton budgets just so they can "afford" to make the next big blockbuster. Somebody should tell Michael Bay to stop making rediculously expensive effects movies and put even a fraction of his budgets into projects with more than just eye candy FFS.

Mind you I say "one has to wonder" because inevitably many of these crap films get shelved, money effectively burned that could have gone to better projects.

Sadly quantity trumps quality in this day and age.

Oldgamer
08-17-2009, 11:16 AM
There are far too many movies out there now that should've never made it into a film company's hand. We watched one the other night called "Last Resort" ... OMG that was horrible ... we started renting from this thing called Redbox that you can find at just about any Walmart around here, it only costs $1 a day to rent so it beats the competition ... but you have to be wary of what you rent because if it's not top shelf, it's the exact opposite ... some of the worst movies ever made are in those boxes.

korhal23
08-17-2009, 11:34 AM
As for loss of imagination, Hollywood has always had it's fair share of coat tail riding mediocre talent. Now that there's so much money involved it's just way too easy for bad ideas to get made, and good ideas to get pushed aside as too risky and expensive. One has to wonder how many awful movies get made on skeleton budgets just so they can "afford" to make the next big blockbuster. Somebody should tell Michael Bay to stop making rediculously expensive effects movies and put even a fraction of his budgets into projects with more than just eye candy FFS.

Mind you I say "one has to wonder" because inevitably many of these crap films get shelved, money effectively burned that could have gone to better projects.

Sadly quantity trumps quality in this day and age.

It's always been like that in the entertainment industry. Many "great" works of literature are actually BS. Dickens phoned in several books so to speak, and for many of his books he was paid by the word, hence his unnecessarily verbose wording. Shakespeare was considered the lowest of the lowbrow in his day, and almost none of his stories are original (many of them are remakes of old folk stories).

Michael Bay's movies are not cerebral, you won't learn anything about the human condition, or take away a valuable lesson. But you also will not be bored. Not every movie has to be life altering or deep. As long as you have a good time watching it, that's what matters. How else do you explain the "success" of campy B-movies? Trust me, I hated Transformers... I wanted to strangle every character in that movie with a bike chain. But I also was pumped up afterwards, and kind of wanted to go wrestle a bear while overhauling a transmission. It was fun. Therefore Transformers = Success but != Good. That happens sometimes.

And 500 years from now, maybe Michael Bay's cinematography will be taught in middle and high schools worldwide. At least there'd be a lot of cool action scenes.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-17-2009, 11:39 AM
Watching a movie on Lifetime with Ving Rhames. Planning out my day, thinking about three important letters i need to write, and drinking some coffee.

CEBedford
08-17-2009, 12:05 PM
Redbox is cool but Netflix can be much better if you watch a lot of movies. Especially if you use the instant offerings. Thanks to my XBox 360 I can watch something like 20-30 movies and/or TV seasons a month or more for about 9.50 a month.

As for Michael Bay's movies, I could go on but it suffices to say that Armageddon bored the hell out of me. The interview montage was pretty damn good though.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-17-2009, 12:11 PM
My buddy was bragging the other day to me about the benefits of Xbox.

CEBedford
08-17-2009, 12:55 PM
My buddy was bragging the other day to me about the benefits of Xbox.

It truly is a well rounded entertainment machine.

Sascha
08-17-2009, 12:59 PM
Getting the answer (http://iscaliforniaonfire.com/) to the burning question "Is California on fire?"

(Also, cursing my sister for sending me awesome links like that :P)

MuslixtheMighty
08-17-2009, 01:06 PM
Trying to figure out what the hell I am going to do with a drunken sailor in the early hours of the morning.

Oldgamer
08-17-2009, 01:18 PM
Trying to figure out what the hell I am going to do with a drunken sailor in the early hours of the morning.

Hair of the dog man, hair of the dog that bit him.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-17-2009, 01:27 PM
My buddy well telling me how simple it was to fix that screen death problem they had a while back. Go figure.

Q-man
08-17-2009, 02:30 PM
Staring at the clock, waiting for it to say 4:00PM so I can start the commute home from work. I'm also enjoying the photos my wife sending me as a reminder that her and my niece went to Steeler's training camp and are collecting autographs, while I'm stuck at work. Thanks hun, love you too.

CEBedford
08-17-2009, 02:55 PM
My buddy well telling me how simple it was to fix that screen death problem they had a while back. Go figure.

The one where you buy a drive on ebay for 20-30 bucks and presto?!

BSU_Mike
08-17-2009, 03:29 PM
At home, packing up to leave for Ball State next Wednesday. Browsing on Facebook a little bit to keep up with friends, but mostly planning on how to survive college.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-17-2009, 03:33 PM
At home, packing up to leave for Ball State next Wednesday. Browsing on Facebook a little bit to keep up with friends, but mostly planning on how to survive college.
Best of luck to you. My only advice: Stick with it for it is so much harder going back and finishing what should have been finished first time around.

BSU_Mike
08-17-2009, 03:39 PM
Best of luck to you. My only advice: Stick with it for it is so much harder going back and finishing what should have been finished first time around.

Thanks! :) I definitely want to get my Masters in English Ed before leaving, rather than going the "easy route" of holding a job for a while before going back to finish what I started.

CEBedford
08-17-2009, 09:36 PM
Listening to my Itunes library on shuffle while trying to get inspired to put some work into my upcoming Pathfinder game. Coheed and Cambria is crazy talented.

Sascha
08-17-2009, 09:45 PM
Playing Dragon Quest VIII again, while watching The Office.

(For those wondering, no, it's actually physically impossible for me to do just one thing at a time.)

tesral
08-17-2009, 10:15 PM
The one where you buy a drive on ebay for 20-30 bucks and presto?!

Better than a drive by on Ebay.

Frankly I don't touch drives when I don't know where they come from. Heart of the machine dude.

Me, once again the Earth rolls in space and bedtime approaches.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-17-2009, 10:25 PM
Listening to the 70's on cable. Feeling as though Death is at my door, or to put it in Lich terms, someone has found my soul and is about to collect it.

CEBedford
08-17-2009, 10:29 PM
Better than a drive by on Ebay.

Frankly I don't touch drives when I don't know where they come from. Heart of the machine dude.

I know a guy who makes really good money buying out of warranty red ring 360s and replacing them with cheap drives before reselling. So far he's only had to re-repair one of them IIRC.

korhal23
08-18-2009, 12:10 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su-agS-gWjI
Shave his belly with a rusty razor, put 'em in the hold with the captain's daughter, put 'em in the back of a paddywagon, throw 'em in the lock until he's sober.

Duh.

traesin
08-18-2009, 04:28 AM
ahhh..once again at my night job. i was typing up my charater stuff into Obsidian Portal, but I forgot to save it. Watching History channel program on Hades. wondering what to have for lunch.

emblasochist
08-18-2009, 08:08 AM
Learning "Management" from Dilbert cartoons.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-18-2009, 08:13 AM
Reading through the 45 emails i received in the last 12 hours and checking P&PG activity.

emblasochist
08-18-2009, 08:18 AM
Reading through the 45 emails i received in the last 12 hours

None of which are spam? Damn; I thought I got a lot of e-mails, but then again, a lot of responsibilities have been taken off my plate since I've been subbing in for an essential position that has been filled within the last month that I didn't get... It blows being a 23 year old college grad nowadays...

MarshamSane
08-18-2009, 09:29 AM
*sigh* waiting for MCH at 0830. Kill da dirt, clean the ship, make it last 35 more years!

tesral
08-18-2009, 09:43 AM
Watching my life go slowly down the drain.

templeorder
08-18-2009, 10:30 AM
I'll chime in again here.
Recovering from my father's death at home, working remotely, and just taking a quick second to do a few posts here to get back into the swing of normalcy. Off to work again, to ponder some of the more strange and complex elements of apache mod_rewrite.

MarshamSane
08-18-2009, 10:44 AM
Now I'm waiting for a 0900 meeting before having to hack into my shop's own Xylan Omni-switch because they lost all the login data years ago.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-18-2009, 11:20 AM
Watching my life go slowly down the drain.

You and me both, tesral.

As of right now, i am still waiting for the side effect of hydrocodone to wear off. Oh, so sucks! Yep, had another incredibly bad night last night.

tesral
08-18-2009, 12:56 PM
You and me both, tesral.

As of right now, i am still waiting for the side effect of hydrocodone to wear off. Oh, so sucks! Yep, had another incredibly bad night last night.

Sorry to hear that. I had an all too rare good night. I've been up since 6 AM puttering around the house and trying to get some real work done.

MarshamSane
08-18-2009, 03:42 PM
finally off work

Doom Crow
08-18-2009, 06:16 PM
About to go to the pier at myrtle beach, sc. Will play mini golf and dance for a bit with the wife. Ah, vacation.

BSU_Mike
08-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Putting everything I'll need for college in the car. Driving off at 10AM tomorrow.

MuslixtheMighty
08-18-2009, 08:42 PM
I am digesting great french wine, awesome french food, killer french desserts and clean Vermont air.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-18-2009, 09:15 PM
Dreading the fact that it may be another hydrocodone night. So sucks!

Doom Crow
08-18-2009, 09:46 PM
On a pier drinking and listening to live music. Mayhaps ice cream soon.

traesin
08-19-2009, 01:47 AM
Dreading the fact that it may be another hydrocodone night. So sucks!

dude that does suck. hope you feel better soon.

At work watching Rio Bravo, hoping my headache goes away soon.

Amon Alden
08-19-2009, 01:52 PM
I'm stuffing my face with leftover pasta... Lemon and cracked pepper noodles with chicken, mushrooms and pesto... so delicious... Oh and looking for a thread about someones ongoing creation of a homebrewed world.

Arkhemedes
08-19-2009, 06:08 PM
Waiting for a buddy to arrive so we can to the Paul McCartney concert.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-19-2009, 06:39 PM
Waiting for a buddy to arrive so we can to the Paul McCartney concert.
Very cool. I, myself, will be doing a bit of house and dog watching for the next 12 hours. Yeah, i know, i live in the fast lane.

BSU_Mike
08-19-2009, 06:55 PM
Tired in my new dorm room, discovering that I completely forgot my pillows... I haven't met my room mate, but I can see from his possessions that we might have a few things in common.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-19-2009, 07:16 PM
I miss my youth. Inside, i'm still young, but mirrors speak another story. Damn cursed mirrors! <Thoth shakes fist at the sky>

tesral
08-19-2009, 09:28 PM
Very cool. I, myself, will be doing a bit of house and dog watching for the next 12 hours. Yeah, i know, i live in the fast lane.

Speeder. I did laundry, cleaned house, did dinner and shopping with my wife. I am slowly strangling time at my computer right now.

Arkhemedes
08-20-2009, 12:25 AM
Just got back from the Paul McCartney concert. Very good. But man, Jerry Jones is squeezing people into the new Cowboy stadium like sardines. So if you ever go there, make sure your good friends with the guy next to you (and make sure he took a shower!).

tesral
08-20-2009, 01:27 AM
The problem with public events is the public shows up.

Amon Alden
08-20-2009, 02:33 AM
I got jerry jones' autograph this summer. I was very excited at the time, and I like what he has done in the off season, but it is only a matter of time until he signs the next michael vick. (capital letters left off of names on purpose) I grew up in the DFW area and love all sports DFW. I wish Cuban would step up and buy Rangers.