PDA

View Full Version : At this very moment of reading this: where are you at and what are you doing?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-21-2010, 09:39 AM
Taking a day off of life. Maybe see a flick.

Saw the movie Devil, yesterday. It was pretty damn good. Check it out all of you when you get a chance.

Sascha
09-21-2010, 10:21 AM
Finished reading the Articles of Confederation for US Gov't. Those folks could have seriously benefited from a non-law editor~ (Article IX, I'm looking at you.)

tesral
09-21-2010, 01:07 PM
Fed cats, considering going to the grocery store.

Hoitash
09-21-2010, 08:28 PM
Finished reading the Articles of Confederation for US Gov't. Those folks could have seriously benefited from a non-law editor~ (Article IX, I'm looking at you.)

There's a reason it didn't stick :)

Except the Post Office, that stuck.

Wondering if I should get another game or just wait till New Vegas comes out. I'm nearly a third through Red Dead Redemption and almost done with Fallout 3, but I still have empire Total War and there's that Napoelon campaign...

I'll wait for New Vegas. Yay collectors Edition. 28 days to go :)

tesral
09-21-2010, 10:27 PM
Waiting for my wife to get ready for bed. I am working on an update of Gaming the Horse (http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com/fantasy/horse_chart.html). The new version will have illustrations of the various horse colors. It will get yet another editing pass to kill typos that have sprung up since the last editing pass (They breed, I know they breed.) There is a dead link or two to be laid to rest, and I might get a few more.

I don't normally announce "coming soon", but being as I have one more picture to edit, it should be coming soon.

My wife who is an enthusiast where horse color genetics is concerned had to be beaten off with a stick to prevent it from becoming an article on just that. She is the co-author.

Sascha
09-21-2010, 11:12 PM
There's a reason it didn't stick :)
The inability to fund a gov't really can't be blamed on the Articles' obtuse language :P

Except the Post Office, that stuck.
And the standardization of weights and measures~

poisongrin
09-23-2010, 01:58 PM
At this moment..listening to my stepdaughter talk about how a friend at school bit her.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-23-2010, 02:11 PM
Just finished watching Supernatural, Season 5, Disc 3.

Hoitash
09-23-2010, 04:23 PM
At this moment..listening to my stepdaughter talk about how a friend at school bit her.

Must... not make... Twilight joke...

Starting a short paper on Legalism. That and reading is pretty much all I have to do until Saturday. Oh and get a haircut. And buy scotch; I can fianlly afford a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black.

It's the simple things in life that keep you sane sometimes.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-23-2010, 04:41 PM
I'm currently writing two small papers. Normally, this would be easy except for the massive amount of research required. Ugh! Pour me a shot of Scotch, if you would, Hoitash. You know school has burned someone out when he is willing to take a shot of alcohol, and he doesn't even drink... nope... not even when he was a bartender.

Sascha
09-23-2010, 04:43 PM
First two initial exams out of the way; one to go, on Monday~ Looking forward to getting our Dresden Files game out of theoretical status this weekend, too.

(Also, wow, the D&D4E DMG2 is pretty impressive.)

tesral
09-23-2010, 10:29 PM
Busy run around day and the weather is killing me, my Doctor confirmed it. the last five weeks have been Hell fro anyone with Arthritis, chronic pain or allergies. Guess who that description fits?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-24-2010, 12:32 AM
Watch out for that avian flu, tesral. LoL

I couldn't resist. Even the undead still retain some of their sense of humor from life long ago.

tesral
09-24-2010, 01:01 AM
Abet badly strained. Flu? At my body temp the bug dies.

Hoitash
09-24-2010, 09:45 AM
At least its windy now.

It's 82 in my apartment. Al Gore, I have a comment (pumps shotgun.)

On the bright side, no class today, and my graduation audit says I only need 24 more hours (I'm doing 15 now.) So for the first time in three years I won't have to take an online course :)

tesral
09-24-2010, 02:42 PM
Bleh... Laundry, dishes and painting.

Sascha
09-24-2010, 04:11 PM
Another week down. Hooray. Time to relax. (Now, if I could only be able to catch up on sleep ...)

tesral
09-24-2010, 04:13 PM
One week closer to being dead, Hooray!

Sascha
09-24-2010, 04:25 PM
If life is any indication, I'll still be restless.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-25-2010, 07:52 AM
One week closer to being dead, Hooray!

Something I haven't worried about for 1000's of years. :biggrin:

Currently, I am going through emails and probably feeling just as crappy as tesral.

tesral
09-25-2010, 09:34 AM
Morning, could use two more hours of shut eye. It's a blustery, cloudy day. Blick.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-25-2010, 11:40 AM
Agreed. I don't care what the elves say, reverie isn't as efficient as good ole sleeping.

tesral
09-26-2010, 12:23 PM
That does explain elves you know, they are not distant and aloof, they are sleep deprived.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-26-2010, 12:52 PM
Watching Season II of Castle, then back to reading The Complete Chronicles of Conan, by Robert E. Howard.

Sascha
09-26-2010, 01:32 PM
Playing WoW, killing time for tonight's Dresden game. (Maybe we'll actually make it through character generation this time :P)

Hoitash
09-27-2010, 10:17 AM
My morning class was cancelled today, so I'm doing some course reading and online course work.

And watching MST3K giant Gila Monster on Youtube while palying Empire Total War before lunch and my afternoon class.

tesral
09-27-2010, 11:09 AM
Getting game move in my various on line games, contemplating food and the house work that needs to be done.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-27-2010, 11:31 AM
Going through my many emails.

tesral
09-27-2010, 06:06 PM
Headache, wishing I was face down.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-27-2010, 11:42 PM
I felt that way two days ago. So sucked! You have my undead soulless sympathies, tesral.

traesin
09-28-2010, 08:18 AM
Well I ache all over this morning. I think it was from getting sick the other night. ug.

Hoitash
09-28-2010, 08:24 AM
I hate the physical plant. Let my heater work you jerks! It's 66 degrees here and apparently I have the weather tolerance of those humanoids from Farscape whose name escapes me.

At least I get to wear my duster cuz it's raining.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-28-2010, 08:49 AM
Gotta go to the DMV this morning. Apparently, my drivers license expired just this last Saturday.

tesral
09-28-2010, 11:27 AM
Feeling better. It's a lousy day to feel better. Michigan is being Michigan.

Hoitash
09-28-2010, 03:04 PM
Indeed.

Duster kept me warm, and the apartment went up a degree.

Now for four classes of reading.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-28-2010, 11:05 PM
Finally cooling off out here. Watched alot of television.

tesral
09-29-2010, 01:11 AM
Sitting in front of the computer. Time to give you guys a look at the Seahaven map.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-29-2010, 01:24 AM
Finished watching Iron Man 2. Began my last class today. Bedtime now.

Hoitash
09-29-2010, 08:27 AM
Using the oven to keep warm. These words may be my last. If I don't make it, tell her I said...

Gotcha. Seriously, its cold in the apartment. I can barely feel my fingers. And yet I want my bicycle on campus.

I have a question: duster+bicycle= bad idea?

Sascha
09-29-2010, 09:55 AM
Wish it was significantly closer to freezing here. We're getting a heat wave this week :\

tesral
09-29-2010, 01:23 PM
Using the oven to keep warm. These words may be my last. If I don't make it, tell her I said...

Gotcha. Seriously, its cold in the apartment. I can barely feel my fingers. And yet I want my bicycle on campus.

I have a question: duster+bicycle= bad idea?

Usually, anything that flaps around a chain is a bad idea.

Go OUTSIDE! It's a beautiful warm day. I did lunch with a friend. It's sunny, it's warm but not too hot.

Hoitash
09-29-2010, 06:16 PM
It is impossible for me to not go outside. I have class and work.

To be fair, the duster does have leg straps. I want something warm for cycling in winter, but not as heavy as my winter coat, though the duster might work. I'll do a test someday, but for now my jacket'll work.

scored a victory against beuracracy today. My graduation audit said I needed 24 credits to graduate. turns out I only need 15. so the $300 dolla question is, what class will be the fifth (my honors thesis and minors'll be the first four.)

Webimpulse
10-01-2010, 06:59 AM
As I'm posting this I'm in bed with a head cold. I feel like the Tin Man. Or maybe a poorly lubricated warforged. :sick:

tesral
10-01-2010, 10:33 AM
Rolling up my already short sleeves and getting ready to venture forth (fifth even) into the world and do stuff, like get a haircut before animal control demands my wife get a license for me.

Hoitash
10-01-2010, 11:40 AM
I only get a haircut twice a year, so... is that bad?

Finished my Ghostbusters vidoe game playthrough last night (god forbid I read a book or find a job where what I do actually matters.)

Yeah, it's one of those years. At least I'll be leaving both jobs when I graduate. Anyone need a writer? I do windows.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Sitting in the local library hiding my water. Apparently, ever since i turned down the advances of the librarian, she has been making my life miserable.

tesral
10-01-2010, 03:40 PM
I only get a haircut twice a year, so... is that bad?

Keep an eye out for the dogcatcher.

Finished my Ghostbusters vidoe game playthrough last night (god forbid I read a book or find a job where what I do actually matters.)

Yeah, it's one of those years. At least I'll be leaving both jobs when I graduate. Anyone need a writer? I do windows.

Windows, ew. Don't get that stuff on me.

Sitting in the local library hiding my water. Apparently, ever since i turned down the advances of the librarian, she has been making my life miserable.

Is she cute? You never mentioned being attached. And you know what is said about a woman scorned.

Hoitash
10-02-2010, 08:56 AM
Okay, that's not fair. The rotting corpse gets a hot librarian who I presume must be wearing glasses and is of Asian extraction, because my life is like that, and I'm here. In a room. With coffee. About to barbecue.

Was she like stalking you or being creepy? Seriously man, why scorn a librarian? That's like me ticking of the bar owner.

tesral
10-02-2010, 11:47 AM
I have mine, Hot redhead that is as much a fan as I am and belly dances to boot.

Hoitash
10-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Well, at least the heater is working.

I've got an exam Wedsneday and the professor hasn't sent the exam questions yet. Oh boy.

I'm taking the GRE in November, any advice?

tesral
10-03-2010, 11:41 AM
There is hemlock.

Thinking about doing the shopping today.

Hoitash
10-04-2010, 08:27 AM
Got the exam questions yesterday afternoon, this'll be... interesting. Two questions, one about Bismarck, and another about certain dates in Prussian history (it's a German history class.)

Sascha
10-04-2010, 08:55 AM
It's just another manic Monday ...

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-04-2010, 10:13 AM
Big day of homework. Then it's back to Gotrek and Felix in Zombieslayer.

tesral
10-04-2010, 11:49 AM
An un-maniac Monday. Shopping later tonight. I needo t get the basket from my cart and see how well the Vulcan is going to fit, and if I need to make or do something unusual to it to mount it.

kirksmithicus
10-04-2010, 04:15 PM

Just jump on the grenade!

Right now, well I'm laughing about the fact that the no-brainer thread I started has over 9,000 posts. That would be a lot o' points baby!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Consider yourself an honorary Immortal, Kirksmithicus.

I've initiated alot of threads but, last i checked, mine weren't near the busiest. Congrats!

Hoitash
10-06-2010, 08:33 AM
That is an impressive number.

I have an exam at 11, then I need to do some work for my Art Appreciation class, a bit of work, finish my senior thesis proposal, maybe I can squeeze in some writing. I should make up for not going to Conclave's workshop.

tesral
10-06-2010, 08:50 AM
Cranking up the morning. It is cold in here. I need to check the furnace.

Soft Serve
10-06-2010, 01:54 PM
This thread is twitter with a higher entry space.

Also hi everyone. I forgot my password for a while and just got un-lazy.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-06-2010, 04:13 PM
Would you believe it's currently 48 degrees where I live? This weekend, it will be back to 85.

Just watched a show on the Terror Birds from our history. A group I am running in WFRP has gone off course and will make land soon. Time to add in some creatures from our history... and some made up ones as well. he he he <evil DM laugh continues>

Malruhn
10-06-2010, 04:38 PM
I spent the day reveling in the fact that I have reached a point in my career that I can give myself a day off without ramifications... (it's good to be an E-9). Of course I won't mention the hundreds of nights this past year that I've worked late - or how many weekends I came in when 99% of the rest of the unit didn't have to...

Hoitash
10-06-2010, 05:48 PM
Whoa E-9, thats... high. I think. May I ask which branch?

The things you learn when you become a writer.

Getting some reading and stuff done so I can play Read Ded Redemption guilt free before Mythbusters.

Malruhn
10-07-2010, 03:39 PM
E-9's as high as any of the services go for the Enlisted folks... and I'm in the Coast Guard, with some prior Army before that. My next promotion will involve either being named as a deity or as a retired curmudgeon... I haven't decided which yet. I'm equivalent to a Sergeant Major (Army/Marine Corps) or an Air Force Chief.

Hoitash
10-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Well, I can't make a Coast Guard joke, so moving on...

Dealing with the odd feeling that comes when having self published on Amazon kindle (it's a short story, don't get excitied.)

I'm still working at regular publishing. Is 21 too young to be a curmudgeon? Cuz I can settle for cynical shell of a man only kept going by hope for a brighter future and an Irish coffee.

Oh, and forty pages of reading for my classes.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-07-2010, 06:51 PM
Congrats, Hoitash! Keep up the efforts for one day you will be published.

What was the story about?

Hoitash
10-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Kid waiting for his first date to show up.

since most of the short stories I write now are serial, I probably won't list anything for a while, since going to amazon can screw up the rights with other publishers.

If you want to check it out at amazon its only 99 cents, just look for my username (which, incidently, is also my surname.) Its a kindle version, mind. I literally posted it because I'm not too fond of that story-but consider it decently written-and I need the money.

As long as I'm hawking my writing, I posted my better college papers at Associated Content.

tesral
10-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Tired, out of staples and I hurt too much to get more.

tesral
10-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Got staples. The upholstery job is not the best ever, but it will not be counted as the worst.

Soft Serve
10-08-2010, 11:26 AM
Actually it's twitter but you don't get to choose who you follow. Like when twitter ends up on TV. Why is that so popular? I don't like people in my age group...

This thinking outloud is kinda fun though. Damn you trendy trend-setters...and your trends.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-08-2010, 11:50 AM
As long as I'm hawking my writing, I posted my better college papers at Associated Content.

I just checked out this site... and your writings. Hm, maybe I should add a few of my own. Best of luck in all endeavors, especially with efforts towards your PhD.

Hoitash
10-09-2010, 08:39 AM
That bad, eh?

In my defense, most of those were in classes I got good grades in.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-09-2010, 09:19 AM
Wasn't implying anything negative, Hoitash. Just saying that I should also consider adding a few articles to the site... now that I am aware of its existence.

Hoitash
10-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Ah. Well if you do, they do pay per view of posted work. But unless your cranking out dozens of articles, I wouldn't do it for the money-although I did.

I'm doing a lot of brand building with my name right now, figure it'll help when I finally finish revising one of my novels. I was gonna do that this weekend, but my Dad convinced me to go to the Writer's Workshop at Conclave, which is good, too.

Angelus_Nox
10-09-2010, 09:53 AM
I'm at my place, having returned here after quite a hiatus and pondering what to say about the lack of news regarding RoX ;)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Almosty done with Zombieslayer. I'll have to wait another year for the next book in the series to be released. Sucks.

How much do they pay per viewing, BTW, Hoitash?

Hoitash
10-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Something like three cents a view. Every $1.50 they pay you, and you need 1000 views to get there, so I think the math is right. They do offer upfront payments for some things, but there really vague on what they'll take (they're articles on the site written about how to get upfront payments, ironically.)

They got a pretty detailed help section, so it shouldn't be hard to find any info you need.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-09-2010, 06:33 PM
Then I just got you paid 30 cents for looking at all 10 articles. You buying the beer and pizza with your new found wealth?

Hoitash
10-10-2010, 09:44 AM
I'd rather buy a plane ticket to Alaska and never be seen or heard from again. It's slightly less cowardly than suicide.

Apparently I'm depressed again. Good thing it's almost Monday.

tesral
10-10-2010, 11:30 AM
Back to the Con to picvk up a new Trilobite and some stuff, then home and stick the fork in me, I'm done.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-10-2010, 11:45 AM
Going to initiate another one of my famous Sunday-Funday threads in a bit.

traesin
10-14-2010, 02:25 AM
can i go with you to Alaska? i'd love to disapear again.

tesral
10-14-2010, 09:46 AM
Another morning in housework land.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-14-2010, 11:26 AM
I'd rather buy a plane ticket to Alaska and never be seen or heard from again

can i go with you to Alaska? i'd love to disapear again.

Count me in. To disappear into Alaska sounds great to me.

tesral
10-14-2010, 12:37 PM
Winters there bring new Hellish meanings to "cold".

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-14-2010, 12:42 PM
Ate a whole box of taquitos from stater bros. Ugh! Blood is slowing down. Must lay down. Mistake. Ugh!

Hoitash
10-16-2010, 12:15 PM
Wow... I had a similar experiance with a burger that had grilled onions and jalepeno's on it.

Getting my daily reading done. That's about it, really. Oh, and editing a paper due Monday.

Countdown to Fallout New Vegas: 3 days, 5 hours.

tesral
10-16-2010, 04:27 PM
Game starts shortly.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-16-2010, 07:50 PM
Always rubbing it in, tesral. Don't care what anybody says, there is evil in you.

Me: grub, tv, then back to reading my assignment. 3 weeks then done. Can't wait.

thursday next
10-17-2010, 01:12 AM
Sitting here trying to stay away from my secret dm notebook. I'm running my first campaign starting Friday, and I have been plotting and scheming it to death for three weeks. I swear it's like picking a scab. This is going to be one tortured mess if I don't calm down!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-17-2010, 01:19 AM
Placed my highest bid on a gaming item on eBay. Going to bed now. I'll find out tomorrow if I won. It be cool to have but I won't lose any sleep if I don't win.

Hoitash
10-17-2010, 09:02 AM
Ebay is not being kind to coin collectors right now :(

I did manage to sell some antique books at least.

Enjoying a banana nut muffin for breakfast, and deciding where to go for lunch (cabin fever is starting to set in, and I think I just heard a yeti.)

And yes, he does have a spark of evil. Get it, spark? Because he's a... never mind.

tesral
10-17-2010, 10:57 AM
Always rubbing it in, tesral. Don't care what anybody says, there is evil in you.

There is evil in the truth?

Last night's game went well. They found and "sent a message" to the mind flayers. A message the mind flayers are not going to like. That culminated in a fight with an invisible mind flayer wizard. All four of the mind flayers ended up wearing collars of domination. A vicious device that forces you to do the exact bidding of the holder of the matching ring. Like mind flayer hell here. those that dominate were themselves dominated. The prince of the city released a number of living spells into the depths below the city to wreck havoc among the denizens thereof.

In trying to release one god they inadvertently released another. In seeking someone willing to die ot free the three brothers they found the immortal lover of one of them. She could not die to free them, but touching the prison made Ta'ler realize who she was, and freed her from her prison.

They know that The Mother is beginning to awaken. They have to fix the damage done to the world in the last three hundred years or they could face a world-wide death by fire.

Hoitash
10-17-2010, 01:49 PM
So now your telling us about the game?

Anyone know a good cure for phoenix-itis?

tesral
10-17-2010, 11:35 PM
You would rather not know how the game is going?

Hoitash
10-18-2010, 08:23 AM
Don't get me wrong, its interesting, and its nice to hear what other gamers are doing, but it does seem kinda rub it in-ish.

It mght be jsut my paranoid nature. Must escape southeast Michigan. Must go west to where rich people live.

Maybe they'll need a history professor in four or five years :)

tesral
10-18-2010, 12:31 PM
Or you could come around and hang for a while.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-18-2010, 12:59 PM
Began my taxation class, again. Gotta recertify. Ugh! Boring... not to mention, the IRS found a way to make $80 per student more. Criminal!

tesral
10-18-2010, 05:42 PM
Infernal Revenue Service, we get that.

Hoitash
10-18-2010, 07:21 PM
Alaska looks better all the time.

Oh right, its Texas that wants to secede...

You know, Canada still has territories, they gotta be easy to hide in...

Oh, killing time until American Pickers. I really should review some reading for my East Asian history class, so... yeah I'll do it.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-18-2010, 08:02 PM
I like the idea of Texas or Alaska. Okay, back to my homework. I have two papers to write in 3 hours. I picked up an English degree years ago, and about the only thing it has really taught me is to be a master bs'er. I mean, come on! Compare and contrast papers were utter nonesense! I remember one of my last papers before graduating. We had to compare two different stories from two different centuries, from two different countries, from two different genders of writers, from two... well you get the idea. The paper was complete nonesense, and as far as I could tell, completely worthless as a skill in the real world. End rant.

East Asian history, you say? Wanna trade tonights assignments, Hoitash?

Hoitash
10-18-2010, 08:44 PM
I would, but its about the rise of the samurai in Japan, and that is totally worh it :)

Besides we haven't got the assignment sheet yet.

Why am I such a lightweight when it comes to beer...

I got two 3 or 4 page papers due next week, wish we'd get the offficial assignment on them soon. and two tests, but one is open book so I'm not worried. The other I'll worry about when my head stops spinning.

Countdown to Fallout: New Vegas- 19 hours 45 minutes (thats when I get it, mind.)

Malruhn
10-24-2010, 01:51 PM
I'm busy making bratwurst for a late lunch and wasting time here before I begin work on my campaign.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-24-2010, 02:01 PM
Just saw a Kelly Preston movie from 1989. She belongs to a coven of witches, and... I wont' spoil it for you. Good twist in the end.

tesral
10-24-2010, 09:50 PM
Getting read for bed here. My Maverick is about half painted.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-24-2010, 10:01 PM
Watching a classic Nick Nolte flick: North Dallas Forty.

Hoitash
10-24-2010, 10:28 PM
Thinking about all the girls I could have talked to and/or asked out and didn't.

Oh, and dealing with some coffee girl turmoil. That's after spending most of today playing Fallout New Vegas.

I have two midterms, a short paper to start, and a short paper to finish this week, so fun. Well, the one paper is on the rise of the samurai in Japan, so it kind of is :)

Whats the nearest airport to the Yukon Territory...

tesral
10-25-2010, 01:28 AM
Being married has some decided advantages. I don't have to wonder where female companionship is coming from.

Hoitash, I'll tell you the honest truth. I have been married twice. The first came and got me. I was not looking. When she died in 92, the second picked me up and kept me sane and alive. I was single a little over a year. In both cases the women involved were friends. The first more or less had to hit me over the head with the fact she was female. The seconrd I knew she was, but wasn't a primary consideration at the time. But both were friends first.

Look for friends. Love generally takes care of itself. And horny never has killed anyone.

Hoitash
10-25-2010, 08:23 AM
Yeah... I know I need to be a good friend for her. And in general. Sometimes having a conscience sucks.

I forgot there's a town in Yukon-Dawson- and they apparently have an airport. Go figure.

I have a midterm today, but its open book/note, so I didn't bother to study.

tesral
10-25-2010, 10:01 AM
Dark dreary day. I need ot take some pictures of the screw-up on the lawn that the city called a sodding job. Monkeys could have done better.

Malruhn
10-25-2010, 08:11 PM
I'm busy recovering from a day of watching 14 consecutive episodes of Season 1 from Stargate: SG-1.

It's a fine day!

tesral
10-25-2010, 08:56 PM
Winding down the day and being lied to by the cats.

Malruhn
10-25-2010, 11:07 PM
Ah - telling you they haven't eaten in days again??

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-25-2010, 11:57 PM
Just watched 5 episodes of Coach. Good stuff.

tesral
10-26-2010, 01:43 AM
Ah - telling you they haven't eaten in days again??

Ever been fed at ALL. Terrible lairs. I never do buy it.

Malruhn
10-26-2010, 08:24 PM
And yet you allow yourself to be their pet.

Feed me... NOW!
Pet me.
Pet me... NOW!
I SAID STOP PETTING ME!!! Oh, I didn't? Well, you should have known.
I left a gift for you in your slipper, pet, I hope you like partially crunched and soggy field mice.
FEED ME!!

Oh, Garry - just get a dog and give up the subservient lifestyle! ;-)

I slept like crap last night - so I'm going to bed. Goodnight!!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-26-2010, 08:34 PM
Still brainstorming what to write about in November's Book-In-A-Month contest. See blog.

tesral
10-26-2010, 09:45 PM
Oh, Garry - just get a dog and give up the subservient lifestyle! ;-)

You don't know me very well. I never replaced the dog so I could give up the subservient life style. Let me in, let me out, in, out, in out. All day every day. As bad as a freaking infant.

Cats; you want to leave for two days? Clean the cat box, put out a big bowl of water and a pile of food. They're good.

All three of my cats are indoor only. None wants outside. Ergo, no dead mice. The food issue comes from the fact they are not getting a constatly filled bowl. We have a few weight issues and don't wish them getting worse.

Now the snake, that is low maintenance. Feed him once a week and see there is water in the dish.

"Life doesn't begin at forty. Life begins when the kids leave home and the dog dies." --Erma Bombeck.

Still brainstorming what to write about in November's Book-In-A-Month contest. See blog.

No me, I'm constantly writing. I'd have to stop writing to start writing a book. "It was a dark and stormy night...."

Hoitash
10-30-2010, 02:01 PM
Having a bit of pre-Halloween movie fest. Watched THEM!, caught the end of the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear, next up is the 1954 Godzilla. After that a quick shopping trip and a run to Blockbuster to pick up Aliens.

tesral
10-30-2010, 02:27 PM
Hanging around the house.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-30-2010, 08:51 PM
Having a bit of pre-Halloween movie fest. Watched THEM!, caught the end of the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear, next up is the 1954 Godzilla. After that a quick shopping trip and a run to Blockbuster to pick up Aliens.

FYI: WalMart is currently selling Alien and Aliens on a single DVD for $5. I'm just sayin'

tesral
10-30-2010, 11:14 PM
Back from a Halloween party. Had fun is tired.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-31-2010, 08:10 AM
My Town Crier collection for the WFRP world runs from 1-23. All I need is 24-28 to complete the collection. On another note: I'm still angry at myself for not picking up Warpstone Intro issue, 1,2, and 4, to complete that collection when I had the chance. Grrr!

Malruhn
10-31-2010, 12:19 PM
ewww... laundry day. At least I can lessen the pain by watching season 2 of Stargate SG-1.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-31-2010, 02:17 PM
Oh craaaaap! Still need to decide on a topic for the one month writing contest. Contest begins tomorrow.

On another note: Noticed a new series is beginning tonight on AMC. It's called The Walking Dead. Could have potential. Undead flicks always do... have potential.

Hoitash
10-31-2010, 04:13 PM
Oh craaaaap! Still need to decide on a topic for the one month writing contest. Contest begins tomorrow.

On another note: Noticed a new series is beginning tonight on AMC. It's called The Walking Dead. Could have potential. Undead flicks always do... have potential.

It's based on a comic book series. I will let others decide the ramificatons about that.

Me? I hate zombies as it is, so I have no opinion, but I will not be watching it. At least not at night.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-31-2010, 04:47 PM
It's based on a comic book series. I will let others decide the ramificatons about that.

Me? I hate zombies as it is; I have irrational fear of them and scream like a little girl whenever I see them on the tv. I will not be watching it for my own sanity... and for the sake of my brand new Star Wars IV flannel bed linen I just aquired from eBay. Watching zombie movies before bed is akin to someone putting my hand in warm water whilst I sleep.

Well, at least you can admit your fear, Hoitash. That's something.

Hoitash
10-31-2010, 06:03 PM
I am heart a coward.

With a pornstache.

tesral
11-01-2010, 12:30 AM
I'm simply tired of the whole zombie thing, along with sparklly Vampires, smart-assed Wizard kids and I'm getting that way about Steampunk or "When Goth Discovered Brown".

Hoitash
11-01-2010, 08:25 AM
You'll love my fantasy paroday novel whenever its done, all the vampies were wiped out due to their children becoming angsty teenagers :)

And my dwarves use nuclear power. I agree with the zombie craze, btw.

Getting some computer stuff done before class.

tesral
11-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Getting more or less started, most likely less.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-01-2010, 11:21 AM
1) Reviewing Think and GROW RICH by Napoleon Hill.
2) Making percolator coffee. The only way to make great coffee!
3) Gotta write another paper today. This week will suck.
4) Beginning NaNoWriMo today.
5) About to have some porridge.
6) Watching an eBay item that ends in 15 minutes. Contemplating whether or not I wish to purchase it; I'm on the proverbial fence.

tesral
11-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Decide quickly. Off to yet another Doctor. Not beginning NaNoWriMoChaMaCallIt. Too busy writing.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-01-2010, 11:29 AM
Waving arms to keep my balance on the proverbial fence. Looks like I will fall on the side that is against purchasing the aforementioned eBay item.

Thoth's grump for the day: Why oh why does Yahoo always put this particular thread in my spam folder.

tesral
11-01-2010, 01:04 PM
It has good taste?

The above is why I don't use any external spam filtering.

Hoitash
11-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Speaking of e-mail troubles, I can't access my University e-mail account, and I have a course registration question, and registration begins tomorrow.

Oy vey.

Hoitash
11-06-2010, 04:26 PM
Took the GRE yesterday. Did not do as well as I wanted. On that thought I've been thinking about where to go to graduate school. Central, EMU, and Western are my three ideas right now. They all have their pros and cons, so I guess it depends on cost of attendance and cost of an apartment.

tesral
11-06-2010, 05:10 PM
Considering a nap frankly

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-06-2010, 08:01 PM
Took the GRE yesterday. Did not do as well as I wanted. On that thought I've been thinking about where to go to graduate school. Central, EMU, and Western are my three ideas right now. They all have their pros and cons, so I guess it depends on cost of attendance and cost of an apartment.

Preparing for the GRE must have really been distracting for you for how else would you let me get away with my Halloween prank, see post 3627. Can't see it? Look closer. :laugh:

Best of luck to you in all endeavors, Hoitash. Keep us all up to date re: schools and programs.

Hoitash
11-06-2010, 10:22 PM
...Wow...

I have a problem where my internet searches sometimes jump form where their supposed to go to somewhere else. Any ideas what will get rid of whatever is causing it?

Malruhn
11-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Crap.

I crawled between the sheets for an hour's nap today... and woke up seven hours later. Now it'll be a total battle to sleep tonight.

SONOVA CRAP!!!

tesral
11-09-2010, 10:14 PM
About to fight the battle of the knees yet again.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-09-2010, 10:34 PM
Just watched *The Kung Fu Kid. It wasn't bad. In fact, I enjoyed it. *What they should have called it.

If you want to see some great fight scenes and some super-crisp moves, here's two great movies to watch:

1) High Kick Girl http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1406157/
2) Ip Man http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1220719/

Hoitash
11-10-2010, 08:26 AM
Oh, you mean Karate Kid, and you say that cuz it wasn't karate.

sorry for ruining the joke. I haven't had coffee yet.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-10-2010, 08:41 AM
No worries. I'm currently making percolator coffee, pie, and thinking about going to the local campus to write some more for the NaNoWriMo contest.

tesral
11-10-2010, 10:13 AM
piiiiie....

Damn I miss Baker's Square.

It's a blah day. The weather looks blah, I feel blah and I have nothing of any real interest to do today; blah. If i can summon the gumption I'll do something with the Alden mysterious past. Oh say a Blue Beard or something of the sort.

Hoitash
11-10-2010, 11:37 AM
The whole company went bankrupt?

There used to be one where I lived, too.

Sascha
11-11-2010, 10:55 AM
Paper finished. Another due Monday. Group presentation in Japanese on Tuesday.

All I want to do is sleep.

Hoitash
11-11-2010, 12:14 PM
I'm working on three papers and a project right now.

and fighting a malicious computer virus that doesn't now when to die.

Its moments like these when the little things really help to keep you going :)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Had a problem similar. Couldn't get antiviral programs to remedy. Finally had to go to an earlier restore point to resolve said problem. Hope suggestion helps, Hoitash.

Hoitash
11-11-2010, 08:54 PM
My Dad wants to have a computer store solve the problem in eaxchange for manoey, rather than rely in his inexperiance with vista, my inexperiance with computers, and the fact that if they screw up he can yell and scream at them instead of himself :)

I'm not thrilled with the idea, but he wants to do it that way, and they can save my data, which is good because every time I try to back stuff up it counters me.

It's becoming self aware! Save yourselves!

tesral
11-11-2010, 09:07 PM
It seems I'm either getting up or headed to bed.

Let see. Federal Holiday, my wife was home from work. Hit the cider mill today and fed the ducks. World Steam Expo meeting, much done. Around the house, nothing done.

Hoitash
11-12-2010, 09:48 AM
I've had those days.

"What is growing on my bathroom floor this week? Why do I have fruit flies; I don't have any fruit! Oh crap that paper is due in three days."

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-12-2010, 09:58 AM
Watching Black Water, based on a true story of some folks that got overturned by a giant crock in Australia. Began with 4 folks, now down to three.

tesral
11-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Decent day, doing gaming stuff.

Malruhn
11-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Prepping for a game tomorrow... after over a month of no playing. I'm gonna set up some orcs to be KILLED!! Yahoo and woot, even!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Watching It's Always Sunny in... somewhere. I don't recall the exact name. It's zany, no question.

tesral
11-13-2010, 04:42 PM
Game in a few. I'm off to pick up a player.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-13-2010, 04:57 PM
Just watched The Walking Dead, episode 1. My thoughts? Slow, boring, and nothing to write home about. I'll give it one more episode before giving up hope for potential.

Hoitash
11-14-2010, 01:43 PM
Trying to get ahead on my papers so I can go without the computer when it gets fixed.

Cold windy day. If I could afford it I'd go to the nearest bar and sip Irish Coffee's till happy hour ended. Or I ran out of money, whichever came first.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-14-2010, 01:53 PM
Still in the game with Nanowrimo. Channel surfing Roku. Nothing great on.

tesral
11-14-2010, 02:05 PM
More than one computer is a good thing.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-14-2010, 02:43 PM
I'm considering trying this OS out on my older laptop. Any opinions on Ubuntu, anyone?

http://www.ubuntu.com/

I'm also watching foreign flicks on Roku.

Orange Pickles
11-14-2010, 08:44 PM
trying to find players in my area

tesral
11-14-2010, 09:32 PM
I'm considering trying this OS out on my older laptop. Any opinions on Ubuntu, anyone?

Decent, built to be installed by people that have only used windows. For those with good geek cred it is a Debian fork. So it fits into the Debian method of apt-get. (I'm a suse guy myself, rpm) I have heard much good and little bad.

Hoitash
11-19-2010, 09:39 AM
Getting my computer the way I like it following a hard drive reload.

I'm also waiting to install my Dad's Norton. MacAffee, you have failed me... for the last time!

tesral
11-19-2010, 11:12 AM
Getting my computer the way I like it following a hard drive reload.

I'm also waiting to install my Dad's Norton. MacAffee, you have failed me... for the last time!

AVG, seriously. Norton is a worse virus than most of the viruses out there. How to turn a 2.8 gig dual core into a Pentium 3.

Or Linux, and don't run a virus checker at all.

Hoitash
11-19-2010, 01:02 PM
I've heard bad things about AVG. Never really heard anything bad about Norton.

So Norton's a resource hog?

anytihng about AVG I should worry about?

tesral
11-19-2010, 02:34 PM
Norton is not only a hog, it is a cling-on. Harder than Hell to remove from your system. Worry about AVG? Not keeping up to date. Also, AVG free does not do spyware. My experience is you should have a belt and suspenders. Two virus checker (minimum) two spyware/malware checkers. Hope what the one missed the other gets. They must be kept up to date. Several hours a week seeing to security minimum. Or you can stay off the net.

Or install Linux.

Hoitash
11-19-2010, 05:24 PM
so would ad-aware and avg be enough?

tesral
11-19-2010, 06:13 PM
Barely. Just skin of the teeth barely.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-19-2010, 06:21 PM
FYI: With some users, there have been known to be conflicts between AVG and ad-aware, but if your saavy, then no worries between the two. I actually use both. Another antivirus system that I have heard great things about - even better things than AVG - is Nod 32. Something you should place your discerning Beholder eye upon before making any final decisions, Hoitash. In fact, when my AVG contract expires this December 25th, I plan to give Nod 32 a go.

Me? Hm, today - and at this time - am attempting to decide to take a drive on the 10 freeway under Friday rushhour conditions.

Hoitash
11-20-2010, 09:38 AM
Reviews say its kinda technical and worse, not free. Well worse for me.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Yep, you're right. It's not free, but it is supposed to be the best of the best in antiviral software.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-20-2010, 10:55 PM

http://www.ubuntu.com/

I'm also watching foreign flicks on Roku.

More ubuntu goodness for your perusal: http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20101120/tc_pcworld/12ubuntuderivativesyoushouldconsider

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-22-2010, 06:32 PM
Watching a xmas movie made in '84. It's okay so far.

tesral
11-22-2010, 09:26 PM
Feeling like crap. Sinuses, joints. The weather in Michigan is being the weather in Michigan. Near tropical and rain today, cold by the end of the week (get out your parka.) I'm learning why people move to Flordia as bad as THAT is.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-22-2010, 09:59 PM
Feeling like crap. Sinuses, joints. The weather in Michigan is being the weather in Michigan. Near tropical and rain today, cold by the end of the week (get out your parka.) I'm learning why people move to Flordia as bad as THAT is.

You still holding to the belief that being alive is better than being Undead? Come on over to the dark side, tesral. You can keep your general form, but your reds and shades of gold will be in grays and shades of black. Pretty cool, if you ask me. And I promise you: No more feeling like crap; no more sinus and joints being a problem.

Hoitash
11-23-2010, 08:25 AM
No more sense of taste or uh... physical... pleasure either.

Nice try, though.

Sascha
11-23-2010, 09:33 AM
Then again, with no sense of taste, cruciferous vegetation isn't as nasty. (Assuming one can taste PTC-like compounds at all, the bitter little molecular monsters.)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-23-2010, 10:47 AM
No more sense of taste or uh... physical... pleasure either.

Nice try, though.

Myth, made up by the living to discourage those seeking immortality.

tesral
11-23-2010, 11:18 AM
Thoth, we both know that to give up the pains of the flesh one must also give up the pleasures of the flesh. The two are linked and can never be sundered. Give it a few years and the renewing fire will erase all pains and make me young and strong again.

Your sympathetic link to coffee is just weird.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-23-2010, 11:42 AM
Thoth, we both know that to give up the pains of the flesh one must also give up the pleasures of the flesh.

Myth, created by the living to discourage those seeking immortality.

Your sympathetic link to coffee is just weird.

Are you referring to the "Dark Side" or "shades" comment?

On another note: Considering seeing The Other Guys at 12:10pm. Anyone in pnpgland see this? Comments?

tesral
11-23-2010, 03:45 PM
Undeath is not immortality really, it is being caught on the cusp of life and death. A taste of my elemental fire and you would be on the way to the great true death. Immortality is not being able to die. Strike me down as you will, by the next dawn I will return to find your smoldering remains. Old Greater Phoneixes are not a wise thing to "kill". If we are feeling really mean we might let you "win".

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-23-2010, 05:33 PM
Even if struck down, I will still return. As far as being caught on the cusp of life and death, the point is mute for my will knows no difference. I am existing, immortally. It's really no different than this example:

Guy: I wuve you.
Girl: You only think that.
Guy: What's the difference?

See my point?

Again, cross over to the dark side, tesral.

tesral
11-23-2010, 06:37 PM
I'm not sure that logic follows. I can think I'm a bunny, that doesn't make a me a bunny. You are comparing tangibles (I am a bunny. I am immortial) to intangibles (I love you. I like pie). The later fits your model, the former does not. Objective fact is not subject to wistful thinking.

And you don't have cookies, or popcorn hamsters.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-23-2010, 07:16 PM
It's only an island if you look at it from the water. The folks living on that "island" will always see it as land,

With the Undead, their is no limitations placed on it, unlike the living.

Truth be told, a living entity has no concept with what it is like to be Undead; whereas, an Undead entity remembers what it was like to be alive. The only credible opinion is from the Undead entity. I have all the senses you have, but better. I can also regulate them or even turn them off when need be. I'm also not a slave to them. I have complete control over them.

Oh, and lets not forget the savings for i require no food, drink, sleep, or comforts or any kind. :rolleyes:

I am Undead. Fear my magick for it is great!

ancientninja
11-24-2010, 04:07 AM
i am home bored wishing i had a group in this new town to play with, but alas it is below freezing and no one is awake

Hoitash
11-24-2010, 08:38 AM
Do you live on Hoth?

Oh and you two. Wow.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-24-2010, 09:01 AM
I wish I could go back in time. My group ages ago would play at any time. I remember getting a call once around 12am to game. I had a paper route at the time. Well, we gathered the gang together, they all helped me get the route finished and we began playing around 3am. That session lasted 18 hours. Ah, the good old days.

It's funny looking back for when we were kids we could rely on each other and game at crazy hours. Now that I'm an adult, I've been disappointed with the flakiness of other adults/gamers.

Hoitash
11-29-2010, 08:28 AM
Getting back into my daily routine after Thanksgiving break.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-29-2010, 08:30 AM
Me, too. I need to get a few flash drives today while the prices are good. Perhaps a Chipotle Burrito on the way home, as well.

tesral
11-29-2010, 08:57 PM
Home from shopping, food type shopping. Spend a hundred buck and get almost nothing. Time to start wending our way to bed.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-29-2010, 09:57 PM
Had another Chipotle burrito today. Damn, they're good!

About to purchase a $100. book. Yep, my library is pretty impressive.

tesral
11-30-2010, 12:01 AM
So what paperback did you get?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
12-02-2010, 05:35 PM
Slowing completing my collection of Traveller CT books.

tesral
12-02-2010, 05:36 PM
Sitting at my desk, not doing much.

Sascha
12-02-2010, 06:01 PM
Dexter, season 4, disc 3. <3 John Lithgow in all his creepy (creeeeeeeeepy~) glory.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
12-02-2010, 06:32 PM
Watching a flick. Gotta do some homework later on this evening.

tesral
12-03-2010, 01:18 AM
Being up way too late again. Trying to wear out my keyboard.

Hoitash
12-03-2010, 12:38 PM
Contemplating the crap I have to do for Christmas. And a door decorating contest. And work. And preparing for grad school. I know which professor's to ask for letters of recomendation, I just can't think of when to ask them. Yeah i know I should wait until next semester. Oh crap there's also the history section scholarships... I need a drink. And a pet to talk to.

I wonder if I talked to myself more I'd keep my trap shut in public more...

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
12-03-2010, 01:43 PM
Have plenty of xmas presents to wrap and send. I'll try to take care of it this weekend.

tesral
12-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Heading out ot microcenter to see a man about a hard drive.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
12-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Lets see: Threw in another 4GB Ram (8GB total, now) into my laptop (Yes, I know, tesral, if i weren't using Microsoft, I could have saved myself some cash), and am happy with the performance increase. I'm now considering adding another 500GB Harddrive into my laptop as I type - for all my music (near 500 cd's), ya know.

At this very moment: About to throw in the movie Knight and Day, for my viewing pleasure.

tesral
12-03-2010, 09:40 PM
Well no hard drive, but I did get a new back up monitor. It's currently hooked to my laptop being tested. The new 15 inch wide screen replaces the max 800x600 that has been the backup for some time.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
12-03-2010, 09:54 PM
Knight and Day was a fun flick. Going to watch Lake Placid 3, now.

Hoitash
12-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Baking cookies for a work meeting. The meeting is Wednesday but I don't trust my oven because I haven't used it yet and it doesn't have a preheat beep. Then I'm going to do some shopping. My Christmas shopping is next weekend, but I need Christmas cards and some stuff for a door decorating contest.

tesral
12-04-2010, 04:06 PM
Back from cloth getting and turning on every light in the house.

NickPendrell
12-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Sat in a bar in the Marina in my current home town (Hurghada, Egypt).

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
12-04-2010, 05:17 PM
Just swepted all the tree and grass fodder into piles. I remember it being easier when I was younger, go figure.

tesral
12-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Everything is easier when your younger. Youth IS wasted on the Young.

Gotthe new monitor in place. It has a smaller footprint than the old one. I like that. We need to get more done but I'm feeling the weather.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
12-04-2010, 08:38 PM
So true. First I heard that was in the movie It's a Wonderful Life.

Just watched Angel Heart. A classic.

tesral
12-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Well time to finish the window treatments. It's another Michigan day when you need the lights at noon.

Hoitash
12-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Yeah, I keep needing new lightbulbs.

Played a game of Anima, which was pretty fun, cept when the game ended due to Fireball. Or a psychic ability similar to Fireball, I should say.

Right now I'm not doing anytihng really. I want to do some work on my school papers, but I'm not sure I'm going to.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
12-05-2010, 12:48 PM
I love dark and gloomy days. My kind of weather. Out here, it's always blinding sun and air you can cut.

tesral
12-05-2010, 04:11 PM
You can keep the air you can cut. I just have to get passed mid January and it starts getting better. the Happy light is on as well as nearly every light in the house.

I have a beef roast a roasting.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
12-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Probably one of the few places you can fly into in the middle of the day and hear the pilot over the speaker exclaim: Not a cloud in the sky, with a 3 mile visibility.

You always know who the first time visitors are by their expressions. They actually believe the captain made a mistake with his announcement. LoL

tesral
12-06-2010, 04:58 AM
Being from Michigan I get that, summer humidity. You need scuba gear to go outside.

Malruhn
12-06-2010, 01:12 PM
I don't wanna hear about it, you danged Yankee. I've spent a sizable portion of my adult life in Louisiana, Alabama and Florida.

It's just called "liquid sunshine" and feels like you are walking into a blast furnace when you open the door. Entire months can go by without the humidity falling below 90%. What sucks is when the humidity is at a cool 100% and it doesn't even have the common courtesy to RAIN. For houses without AC, brush against the wall and you come away with wet clothes.

ANYWAY - back on topic.

I gave myself the day off today - and I'm heading out to watch Harry Potter. Not really... I'm heading out to stare at Hermoine Grainger, but I have to struggle past lots of scenes of Harry and Ron to get to her.

Sascha
12-06-2010, 01:22 PM
Waiting for class, listening to NPR podcasts. (How nerdy is that? :p)

tesral
12-06-2010, 02:45 PM
Yea, Louisiana. The place they manufacture humidity and ship it to the rest of the country.

Cleaning house, getting Christmas stuff up.

Hoitash
12-06-2010, 07:52 PM
I gave myself the day off today - and I'm heading out to watch Harry Potter. Not really... I'm heading out to stare at Hermoine Grainger, but I have to struggle past lots of scenes of Harry and Ron to get to her.

Mmm, Emma Watson...

Uh, what were we talking about?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
12-06-2010, 08:23 PM
She's sporting the Marcy Darcy cut now. Definitely dropped her charisma significantly.

crawford
12-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Sitting on my couch after snarfing some dinner.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
12-06-2010, 11:14 PM
Just watched In the Name of the Rose. A classic movie, no question.

tesral
12-07-2010, 12:19 AM
Loved it. I even have a copy.

Emma Watson is too close to cradle robbing as I see it. Besides, I'm at the bag limit.

Hoitash
12-07-2010, 08:11 AM
Yes, well I'm closer -possibly a lot closer- to her age than some others might be, so for me it's not a big deal.

Steak and egg breakfast today, paid for by the school comin up in an hour. I love the holidays.

Hoitash
12-13-2010, 09:17 AM
The High for today is 16 degrees.

Bring it on.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
12-13-2010, 09:38 AM
Nice! Our high today will most likely be 85. I miss winter weather. Cold weather is always good weather for snuggling with the girlies. You should go find yourself an attractive female human blankie, Hoitash.

I just finished watching another episode of Star Trek, the animated series. Good stuff.

Hoitash
12-13-2010, 10:28 AM
Well, I'm apparently late in applying to graduate school. No worries, I'll get it done in January.

EMU is pretty much garaunteed, but I'm also going to apply to U of M's PhD program. Either way next semester is going to be insanely busy.

And I just bought three video games...

tesral
12-13-2010, 11:37 AM
Sitting i nthe house listining to the windows rattle. Cold, windy icy, real old fashion winter outside. Good not go anywhere weather.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
12-13-2010, 11:59 AM
Very cool. I miss stormy winters.

Just watched the Southpark episode with Cartman and the Dog Whisperer. Hilarious. :laugh:

Hoitash
12-13-2010, 02:14 PM
That is a good one.

That show frightens me because every time I watch it, something horrible happens in the show, and I laugh, and I think "Why is that funny?"

Two final exams down, two to go. EMU graduate application sent. Holiday work Party at resturaunt at 6 pm. Playing Mass Effect, then Fallout New Vegas. My brain has checked out until tomorrow.

tesral
12-14-2010, 08:17 AM
Starting another day. I think some clean up is in order today.

Hoitash
12-14-2010, 08:46 AM
Ditto. Now that I'm not doing a bunch of schoolwork, ignoring the mess is a lot harder.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
12-14-2010, 09:23 AM
Playing with the idea of making a Home Depot run.

tesral
12-14-2010, 10:10 AM
Dude, that is something I HAVE to see. Getting one of those big box store to RUN? Now that is serious magic.

Hoitash
12-14-2010, 12:36 PM
Could you have it run by me, I need a washer still and the plumber hasn't come by yet.

Cleaned the bathroom. Right now I'm working on a take home final that's due tomorrow. Well, I will be working on it.

Oh and as a nerd aside, anyone else seen the trailer for Mass Effect 3?

traesin
12-15-2010, 09:57 AM
still at work. I hate training days....

Sascha
12-15-2010, 10:44 AM
Almost time for my second round of finals this semester. At least I'll get lunch out of today :P

Hoitash
12-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Turned in a take home final, and I've started editing my newest novel. Fun stuff.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
12-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Going to do some errands. Watch some Jennifer Aniston flicks later.

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

Turned in a take home final, and I've started editing my newest novel. Fun stuff.

What's it about, Hoitash?

Hoitash
12-15-2010, 11:45 AM
Basically its a fantasy story, but like one that was written by Mel Brooks, the writers from Frekazoid, and then you let a dungeons and dragons DM who loves world building and politics edit it.

There Empires falling and rising, nations rising, enough references to other media to get me sued, and an old wizard who hates his hat.

The best part, its a trilogy. Hopefully. Then i want to do some one shots. I have one in mind for a speghetti western in my Africa expy. It'll either be a cult hit or get me stoned by Tolkien fans.

tesral
12-15-2010, 11:49 AM
Here goes an attempt at yet another day.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
12-15-2010, 04:47 PM
Basically its a fantasy story, but like one that was written by Mel Brooks, the writers from Frekazoid, and then you let a dungeons and dragons DM who loves world building and politics edit it.

There Empires falling and rising, nations rising, enough references to other media to get me sued, and an old wizard who hates his hat.

The best part, its a trilogy. Hopefully. Then i want to do some one shots. I have one in mind for a speghetti western in my Africa expy. It'll either be a cult hit or get me stoned by Tolkien fans.

Sounds good! When can I read it?

Hoitash
12-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Warning: I am going to answer that question seriously.

Well, at the rate I'm editing now, accounting for at least 2 edits, maybe three, and so far the novel is 49,000 words or so... a month or two to edit, and God knows how long to get an agent, and then probably a year until publication. So anywhere from 14 months to the End of Days.

I've looked into a few agents, but I'm not going to submit my work until the second edit is half done.

Scribe of the Realm
12-18-2010, 06:24 PM
Just took delivery of two books. One on radio control aircraft. The other on safety management (a fire science book I've wanted for a long time).

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
12-18-2010, 09:35 PM
Just watched to Rock Hudson movies. Enjoying the rain.

tesral
12-18-2010, 11:27 PM
There is a name I have not heard in a while.

We did the family Christmas thing at my Mother's. The usual soul wearing chaos.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
12-18-2010, 11:54 PM
Now I'm watching Pushing Tin. This movie was made back when Angela Jolie was hot and had meat on her bones... and not the starved thing she is now.