PDA

View Full Version : At this very moment of reading this: where are you at and what are you doing?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Hoitash
05-17-2010, 11:12 PM
Wow, everybody's getting games going. I finally got into another group. Now I just need that blasted apartment and a bigger TV.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-17-2010, 11:27 PM
I have 5 gamers ready and willing for my dark, gritty, edgy, unfair, unforgiving, and unbalanced, WFRP and Traveler rpg campaigns. Whoever said life was fair had an ulterior motive. These players characters will wish they stayed in the relative safety of their respective cities. he he he <evil DM laughter continues.

Best of luck to you, Hoitash, for getting an apt and larger TV.

traesin
05-18-2010, 02:46 AM
I have 5 gamers ready and willing for my dark, gritty, edgy, unfair, unforgiving, and unbalanced, WFRP and Traveler rpg campaigns. Whoever said life was fair had an ulterior motive. These players characters will wish they stayed in the relative safety of their respective cities. he he he <evil DM laughter continues.

Best of luck to you, Hoitash, for getting an apt and larger TV.

If you don't want to face death, stay home.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-18-2010, 08:00 AM
e x a c t l y

tesral
05-18-2010, 10:02 AM
Ever notice the high percentage of civilian casualties in the average gritty action adventure? Even staying home is no assurance of safety.

Hoitash
05-18-2010, 10:40 AM
I got the apartment, and my 2010 Writer's Market, and my six frigates book, and a paper cut because whenever something good happens in my life something bad happens, too! Now Miley Cyrus won't die! And that girl will e-mail me some day maybe-not Miley.

For the Star Wars game I'm in lightsabers are discouraged, so I'm going to be a Jedi Guardian with either a vibrosword or a blaster. Or both. Yeah, both.

"Civilian casualties" in an action adventure is synonomous with "need for target practice."

Soft Serve
05-18-2010, 11:58 AM
I got the apartment, and my 2010 Writer's Market, and my six frigates book, and a paper cut because whenever something good happens in my life something bad happens, too! Now Miley Cyrus won't die! And that girl will e-mail me some day maybe-not Miley.

For the Star Wars game I'm in lightsabers are discouraged, so I'm going to be a Jedi Guardian with either a vibrosword or a blaster. Or both. Yeah, both.

"Civilian casualties" in an action adventure is synonomous with "need for target practice."

Civilians are the guys you make your villain kill so the PC's know he's the bad guy...

Hoitash
05-18-2010, 02:51 PM
Well, the girl emailed me, and now I'm wondering who of the following will die in the next eight hours because of my good fortune:

Emma Watson, Halle Berry, Miley Cyrus, Senator McCain's daughter, Rosario Dawson, Krista Allen, Amanda Tapping, Julia Benson, Jessica Alba, and anyone on cracked.com's best 10 racks that I haven't all ready listed, plus Angelina Jolie and Olivia Wilde.

If none of them die I will assume the universe is letting me be happy, which is kind of frightening but highly refreshing. Wow, I'm getting my crazy on the internet again.

tesral
05-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Civilians are the guys you make your villain kill so the PC's know he's the bad guy...

So being one is no easy day.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-18-2010, 02:53 PM
Just responding to grimwells thread. Ah, the memories.

Oh, wait... Angela Jolie has a rack? Maybe 10 years ago, now she is going the way of Karen Carpenter. Eat girl, eat!

Congrats on receiving the email from the potential future wife, Hoitash.

Sascha
05-18-2010, 03:46 PM
Waiting for the roommate to get back. Her plane's due in an hour and a half.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-18-2010, 04:00 PM
Where's my grilled cheese sammich, Sascha?

Sascha
05-18-2010, 04:56 PM
Del Taco today. No sammiches. (Though, they really need to build one closer than an hour-ish away :\)

tesral
05-18-2010, 05:13 PM
Just responding to grimwells thread. Ah, the memories.

Oh, wait... Angela Jolie has a rack? Maybe 10 years ago, now she is going the way of Karen Carpenter. Eat girl, eat!

A rack of ribs.

Hoitash
05-18-2010, 07:24 PM

She. Has. A. Boyfriend. Whose. Parents. She. Has. Met.

On an unrelated note, in which isle can I find the vermouth? I wish to make martini's.

Soft Serve
05-18-2010, 08:53 PM
Well, the girl emailed me, and now I'm wondering who of the following will die in the next eight hours because of my good fortune:

Emma Watson, Halle Berry, Miley Cyrus, Senator McCain's daughter, Rosario Dawson, Krista Allen, Amanda Tapping, Julia Benson, Jessica Alba, and anyone on cracked.com's best 10 racks that I haven't all ready listed, plus Angelina Jolie and Olivia Wilde.

If none of them die I will assume the universe is letting me be happy, which is kind of frightening but highly refreshing. Wow, I'm getting my crazy on the internet again.

MILEY,MILEY,MILEY,MILEY,MILEY,MILEY,MILEY, COME ON MILEY, NO WHAMMIES!

(Seriously my vote is for Miley.)

So being one is no easy day.

Oh contrary to popular belief...SERIOUSLY I VOTE FOR MILEY! Don't taunt me. Just do it. Just finish her... MILEY!!!!

MILEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY

Hoitash
05-18-2010, 09:26 PM
I forgot Natalie Portman, so, add her to the list.

Gee SS, do you wish Miley Cyrus to die, by chance?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-18-2010, 09:37 PM
She. Has. A. Boyfriend. Whose. Parents. She. Has. Met.

On an unrelated note, in which isle can I find the vermouth? I wish to make martini's.

boyfriend - smoyfriend, it's called dating. dating is just sampling w/o a commitment to buy.

Soft Serve
05-18-2010, 10:42 PM
I forgot Natalie Portman, so, add her to the list.

Gee SS, do you wish Miley Cyrus to die, by chance?

She never answered any of my e-mails...

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-18-2010, 11:07 PM
LoL :laugh: I didn't see that response coming.

traesin
05-19-2010, 01:49 AM
at work. I don't want to be here. someone want to work for me tonight?

TaiRei
05-19-2010, 02:58 AM
Watching Supernatural and procrastinating on my schoolwork again. Heh, I have until Friday, why shouldn't I cram? Hung out at my friend's the past two days. Probably do it again today. I find I have an easier time doing my homework elsewhere. Probably getting cabin fever a bit.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-19-2010, 08:31 AM
Going through emails. Have alot of homework to do and having procrastination problems as well.

traesin
05-19-2010, 09:00 AM
sigh. got to good to the other job now.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-19-2010, 09:31 AM
Increasing my write time beginning next week to 4-5 hours a day. Already have notes for 5+ books. 3.5 classes to go to complete the MBA, then it's on to the PhD come this January. Oh, and going to sell plasma for some extra cash. Cash = good. Track marks from giving plasma = not so good.

Hoitash
05-19-2010, 09:33 AM
I find this kind of sad: I got my 2010 Writer's Market-its basically a list of magazines and publishers to help unagented writers- and the science fiction section is like four pages. Most of those magazines I all ready knew about; there was a longer list of sci-fi mags on an internet search for "list of science fiction magazines." Although it lists agents and book publishers, too. I can't decide if I want to use an unagent required book publisher for my first book, or wait to get an agent. Publishing without an agent might be faster, and I wouldn't have to give them a cut, but on the other hand if I have an agent I can get published by a company people have heard of. Ace Science Fiction and Fantasy, whose heard of them , really. Del Rey, Tor, people know those names.

Oh sorry, I don't have real life problems yet. Well, I don't like my boss and I don't have a job that's more than one hour a week, does that count? And I'm probably going to graduate with 8 more credits than I need. Maybe I should drop that online class I got for an elective. I'll wait for my graduation audit.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-19-2010, 09:51 AM
I've heard of those publishers, Hoitash. When it comes to publishing, whatever is refused by publishers i will simply self-publish...most likely through LuLu. What's your story about, BTW?

Hoitash
05-19-2010, 10:47 AM
The one I'm editing write now is kind of stupid, really. I took a page from Wells' book and made it about something, but I started writing it by thinking about MASH, and somehow genetically enginered lizards became involved, and there's an alcoholic Sergeant, and so it's basically a story aobut messing with science, except the story is "if your going to mess with science, be prepared for failure. and you, know, if your gonna mess with nature, run some small scale experiments." Unfortunately to mae it not suck I had to focus more on the whole "inner demons" shtick, because the climax is foreshadowed, but its still pretty stupid. Wait, elt me try that without the depression:

In a world where rising temperatures have created vast food shortages, a scientific experiment to create fast breeding creatures capable of surviing in any envirenment goes horibly wrong. The world is overrun by this voracious breeding threat, but some palces are safe. Protecting North America from these reptillian abominations stands one battalion and a havily fortified position in Panama. But South America is running out of food for these creatures, and when there is no food they will swarm, and the only place to go is north. facing these hellish foes, its a wonder one sergeants only problems is a shelf of medals and a drinking problem.

I like that one better. It takes palce in 2065, so the only new tech is better video phones and sniper rifles use lasers-the real invisible kind. And I refuse to self publish on principle, mostly because there's no money in it and I want to sell more than one copy-as I understand it chain books stores don't accept self published books.

And I know people have heard of Tor and Del Rey, those are the names people know. Have you heard of Ace Science Fiction and Fantasy? Well, never mind, the people that have are the people who will buy my book. Wow, being positive is easier than I thought. Coffee msut have kicked in or something.

tesral
05-19-2010, 11:09 AM
Increasing my write time beginning next week to 4-5 hours a day. Already have notes for 5+ books. 3.5 classes to go to complete the MBA, then it's on to the PhD come this January. Oh, and going to sell plasma for some extra cash. Cash = good. Track marks from giving plasma = not so good.

Gonna pile it higher and deeper eh?

And I know people have heard of Tor and Del Rey, those are the names people know. Have you heard of Ace Science Fiction and Fantasy? Well, never mind, the people that have are the people who will buy my book. Wow, being positive is easier than I thought. Coffee msut have kicked in or something.

Ayup. Ace has been publishing Science Fiction since the 40s. Old well established firm. They have credits for L. Sprague de Camp, Robert E. Howard, A. E. van Vogt, Isaac Asimov, Andre Norton, and many others.

Sascha
05-19-2010, 12:03 PM
Watching The Powerpuff Girls, Season 5.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-19-2010, 12:20 PM
Gonna pile it higher and deeper eh? That's the plan.

Ayup. Ace has been publishing Science Fiction since the 40s. Old well established firm. They have credits for L. Sprague de Camp, Robert E. Howard, A. E. van Vogt, Isaac Asimov, Andre Norton, and many others. Double ayup.

Soft Serve
05-19-2010, 12:40 PM

Track Marks? Are you scared of being accused of something?

Watching The Powerpuff Girls, Season 5.

Silly... Animaniacs are better.

Learning how to make Scotch Eggs. They sound amazing and I want one...

Sascha
05-19-2010, 01:10 PM
Silly... Animaniacs are better.
I disagree. Animaniacs, while indeed awesome, can't compete for kindergarten superheroes fighting chimps. The pop culture reference level is about the same, though :P

traesin
05-20-2010, 02:43 AM
it's going to be a looooooong night.

I tried to donate plasma for cash. They wouldn't take me. My veins are too deep.
Did I mention it was going to be a long night? oh crap. client being whiny tonight. That and I have to give meds tonight. I love having to wake them up to shove stuff done their throats.

tesral
05-20-2010, 09:23 AM
Yo, it's a day. Another day of keeping ahead of the house.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-20-2010, 10:41 AM
At the library and doing homework... and checking emails. I can't wait till this day is over. Sooo boring.

tesral
05-20-2010, 11:23 AM
You could have an earthquake. That wouldn't be boring.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-20-2010, 11:28 AM
Actually, having lived here as long as i have, earthquakes are typically boring as well, ...as are forest fires. We just sit back and trust in California's Finest (police) and Bravest (firefighters) to do the outstanding jobs they do, and the rest of us just get out of their way.

Oh, and i do realize that you, tesral, know what i meant by "finest" and "bravest;" the specificity was directed towards our youngling gamers on this site.

Blydden
05-20-2010, 03:47 PM
I take offense at that...wait, why should I take offense again?...

Doing homework. BORING.

tesral
05-20-2010, 04:09 PM
Why not? It seems to be the chief hobby of say, half the world.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-20-2010, 04:52 PM
Sure does seem so. What always amazed me about it is that one can't make another offended, a person has to choose to get offended on his or her own.

tesral
05-21-2010, 12:33 AM
Exactly. One has to choose to be offended. I'm of the option that easily offended people should be offended as often as possible until they get over it.

traesin
05-21-2010, 01:06 AM
i agree. keep on offending others!

tesral
05-21-2010, 08:49 AM
Well that time of week again. Friday means gaming at Oakland U. Get out my nerd clothes and go to town.

traesin
05-22-2010, 09:04 PM
We gamed last night. I so tired. I couldn't sleep last night or this morning. Now should I just stay up or try ti sleep again.

Hoitash
05-22-2010, 09:30 PM
My game today got rescheduled due to the GM having some obligations in the afternoon and the group unable to meet later I guess, but we'll meet next week. I'm bringing pretzels because I can't afford beer. I need to buy some dice, I need some d4's, of all things.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-22-2010, 09:30 PM
Watching a sniper competition

Law
05-23-2010, 06:58 AM
At this moment I am at home in a small southern town, in the bed (still), sipping a cup of coffee, and listening to the rain come down outside in buckets.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-23-2010, 08:21 AM
Going through emails and planning out my day.

tesral
05-23-2010, 08:23 AM
Enduring Morning. Last DSO concert of the season today.

Hoitash
05-23-2010, 09:14 AM
Thinking about which day I'm going to buy dice. I want to say Wedsneday, but I might be picking up a cheap TV then.

Wonder if my coffee is cooled down yet.

traesin
05-23-2010, 10:53 AM
wondering what to do next. My brain is not quite up yet. Movie, book or video games. I have errands to run, but not at 9 in the morning. Got to wait till at least noon. i'd put them off again, but I'm out of cat food.

Hoitash
05-23-2010, 09:03 PM
Apparently Amazon.com is somewhat particular on who can sell first edition and signed copies of books. Fortunately they have an approval process to allow you to sell them, unfortunately I'm probably not high on the list of likely candidates. Worth a try, though.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-23-2010, 09:25 PM
Best of luck. I'm currently making some spicy beef and bean burritos.

Sascha
05-23-2010, 09:25 PM
Finished watching Jaws again - despite a rubbery mechanical shark, the film ages very well. Hard to beat storytelling that isn't all about the visual effects :P

tesral
05-23-2010, 10:02 PM
Made roast beef, fresh bread. Meal fit for gods. But they were mean, so I didn't invite them.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-23-2010, 10:42 PM
Finished watching Jaws again - despite a rubbery mechanical shark, the film ages very well. Hard to beat storytelling that isn't all about the visual effects :P

Can't go wrong with a classic.

Hoitash
05-23-2010, 11:05 PM
Cept Citizen Cane cuz it makes you cry.

Don't judge me.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-24-2010, 12:10 AM
Last i checked, the only two movies on the No Maams accepted list for a guy to cry is 1) Where the Red Fern Grows, and Old Yeller.

http://www.timmytaylor.com/blog/images/nomaam2.jpg

Soft Serve
05-24-2010, 03:35 AM

Visual Effects are always attacked by movie-watchers aren't they?

What's wrong with enjoying them? Something explodes and instead of gawking at it mindlessly and submitting to the hard work some CGI or Pyrotech put into it we all sit back and say "The movie revolved around eye-candy" in one form or another.

Granted some of them do, and they don't deserve to exist. But in most cases they're very stimulating. And I don't just mean explosions...

Davy Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean for example. He would have been a hard character to like if it was just a tentacle-y costume with a very obvious zipper in back...

I know at least one person will be able to give decent respect to that grey gnome corpse that followed Elijah Wood through that one movie with the robed dudes in it and something about a ring...

Any Star Wars fan will tell you a very iconic scene is the first one any non lucas-film employee ever saw. The Executor opening fire with those first few lasers on the Tantive IV. It demanded attention from everyone in that theatre, could not have been done without CGI.

tesral
05-24-2010, 07:13 AM
Can't go wrong with a classic.

Plan 9 from Outer Space is a classic.

Don't judge me.

Ol' Yeller

Visual Effects are always attacked by movie-watchers aren't they?.

When they are the focus, good of bad, yes.

Effects should never be the focus. The story, the characters. Those should be the focus. If the effects get noticed, you are doing it wrong. Gollum and Dave Jones were good precisely because they are seamless to the story.

And Star Wars: A New Hope didn't have any CGI. (At least before it was Lucused.) All optical effects were done the hard old fashion way. For CGI you need the C part. In 1977 the Commodore Pet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_PET)was the PC of the time. 1 MHz processor, and 4 kilobyte of RAM. NO graphics capacity at all. The Motion control used then called Mini Computers. We call them "Boat Anchors" Your phone has more computing power.

Hoitash
05-24-2010, 09:12 AM
It's impossible not to cry at Ol yeller, which is why I never watched it.

You're also right about Where the Red Fern grows, though the book was equally depressing. If I want a stoy about hope give me some happiness before the hope, I want happy hope, not depressing hope is all we have hope!

Finished a backstory for my Jedi in my new game, I can't tell if I made a Corellian Jedi or a guy who drinks too much, but we'll see come game time.

Sascha
05-24-2010, 11:36 AM

Don't judge me.
We had to watch Citizen Kane in film class. I can see how it'd be the number one American film, on the level of film craft ... but for entertainment value, can't see it. Casablanca is a much more watchable film.

Visual Effects are always attacked by movie-watchers aren't they?

What's wrong with enjoying them? Something explodes and instead of gawking at it mindlessly and submitting to the hard work some CGI or Pyrotech put into it we all sit back and say "The movie revolved around eye-candy" in one form or another.
Tesral already said it, but I'll expand. For some movies, it works very well - the point of the movie is the spectacle, not the plot or characters. (See the Transformers movies.)

For others, putting focus on effects pulls away from the meat of the movie; the story or characters existing to justify the effect makes for a weaker presentation. (See the Star Wars prequels.)

You can have an effects-heavy film with a story or characters to back it up, and all the elements work together for a great presentation. (See Star Wars.)

Davy Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean for example. He would have been a hard character to like if it was just a tentacle-y costume with a very obvious zipper in back...
Davy Jones has things going for him beyond CGI: an interest in him as a character, dialogue that supports that interest, and Bill Nighy performing. The tentacle effects work with those elements, instead of against them.

I know at least one person will be able to give decent respect to that grey gnome corpse that followed Elijah Wood through that one movie with the robed dudes in it and something about a ring...
Never did finish the series; it lost my interest somewhere during the beginning of the second film. The visual effects were good, but didn't draw me in. Still farther than I got with the books, heh.

Any Star Wars fan will tell you a very iconic scene is the first one any non lucas-film employee ever saw. The Executor opening fire with those first few lasers on the Tantive IV. It demanded attention from everyone in that theatre, could not have been done without CGI.
The Executor was Vader's Super Star Destroyer, appearing in Empire and Jedi. I don't think that first ship's name is known.

Also, all the ships were actual, physical models shot on film and matted together for scale. The laser blasts were hand-drawn.

It's impossible not to cry at Ol yeller, which is why I never watched it.
It's possible ;)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-24-2010, 01:06 PM
The horses head scene in Godfather was a tear-jerker too, let's not forget.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

It's possible

Only if you're a cold heartless bastard.

tesral
05-24-2010, 01:10 PM
You feel bad for the horse. Frankly a series of films I have not watched no have any interest in watching.

I like my entertainment light, action oriented, and good story.

Hoitash
05-24-2010, 01:13 PM
The horses head scene in Godfather was a tear-jerker too, let's not forget.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Amen.

Law
05-24-2010, 02:28 PM
Just got home from my first full-time day in my new position. Not bad. Not bad at all.

I'm ready for a vacation. :D

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-24-2010, 02:35 PM
Just got home from my first full-time day in my new position. Not bad. Not bad at all.

I'm ready for a vacation. :D

Congrats, Law. Glad to hear first impressions are good for your new job.

traesin
05-24-2010, 02:59 PM
i love star wars.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-24-2010, 03:28 PM
I admit it, i do too.

Sascha
05-24-2010, 06:13 PM
Watched the series finale of Lost. Not sure what I think just yet.

Or it takes more than a "boy and his dog" story to start the tears.

i love star wars.
Agree~

Hoitash
05-24-2010, 07:08 PM
Yay, common ground! No one say anything about the Prequels and we'll be fine...

Oh. Wait. Crap (ninja smokebomb goes off.)

This antique book dealing idea of mine may not suck. Tons more fun then any job I could get cept for Henry Ford Mudeum. I look forward to the day where I can look for jobs that require a Bachelor's degree. That day is April 26th, 2011.

tesral
05-24-2010, 07:15 PM
There was one Matrix,. There were three Star Wars.

Sitting here as my joints start to suck as the sun goes down.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-24-2010, 08:14 PM
Working on managerial economics, and watching the DIY Network.

tesral
05-24-2010, 10:50 PM
Somehow, painful joints don't sound nearly as bad...in comparison that it.

traesin
05-25-2010, 01:43 AM
Well the week work has begun. I'm ready for the weekend.

Soft Serve
05-25-2010, 04:07 AM
We had to watch Citizen Kane in film class. I can see how it'd be the number one American film, on the level of film craft ... but for entertainment value, can't see it. Casablanca is a much more watchable film.

Tesral already said it, but I'll expand. For some movies, it works very well - the point of the movie is the spectacle, not the plot or characters. (See the Transformers movies.)

For others, putting focus on effects pulls away from the meat of the movie; the story or characters existing to justify the effect makes for a weaker presentation. (See the Star Wars prequels.)

You can have an effects-heavy film with a story or characters to back it up, and all the elements work together for a great presentation. (See Star Wars.)

Davy Jones has things going for him beyond CGI: an interest in him as a character, dialogue that supports that interest, and Bill Nighy performing. The tentacle effects work with those elements, instead of against them.

Never did finish the series; it lost my interest somewhere during the beginning of the second film. The visual effects were good, but didn't draw me in. Still farther than I got with the books, heh.

The Executor was Vader's Super Star Destroyer, appearing in Empire and Jedi. I don't think that first ship's name is known.

Also, all the ships were actual, physical models shot on film and matted together for scale. The laser blasts were hand-drawn.

It's possible ;)

I assumed it was the Executor since Vader walks right off it onto the Tantive. Didn't look it up though.

Also didn't know about the lasers. Just assumed they were CGI, but I guess you learn something new everyday. The point remains as valid as it was before it died in the thread about 14 posts ago.

tesral
05-25-2010, 09:43 AM
I don't recall that the first Star destroyer is ever given a name in the film. It has been a long time since I read the book. A long, long time.

I found the refurbed films hard to watch, not for any reason on the screen.

Hoitash
05-25-2010, 09:43 AM
I think that SD was the Devastator. That may be the SD that was ionized at the Battle of Hoth, however.

Yeah, I'm a dork. Wookiepedia is in my favorites and I bought a build your own lightsaber kit a while back. Still practice my lightsaber forms from time to time.

EDIT: Looked it up on Wookiepedia, and it was the Devastator.

Law
05-25-2010, 12:41 PM
I am just home from work. I love my new schedule! I have to put in a few more hours this afternoon, but I just love it. :D

*does the happy dance*

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-25-2010, 01:16 PM
Still getting an "A" in class. 3 weeks to go.

Sascha
05-25-2010, 01:18 PM
Waiting to see if my dad's gonna call back; we're supposed to do something, at some undetermined time today.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-25-2010, 02:19 PM
I'm really feeling off today. What the heck?

Blydden
05-25-2010, 05:04 PM
It might be the rain outside. (At least outside MY house.)

As for me, I am eating some macaroni. The William-Sonoma cookbook is horrid in my opinion. They say to put egg on your macaroni, yet they forget that all macaroni really needs is bacon and PAPRIKA. PAPRIKAAAA~!!!!

Oh, and for my amusement, here is a link to a 2006 anime movie called Paprika.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0851578/

Sascha
05-25-2010, 06:55 PM
Oh, and for my amusement, here is a link to a 2006 anime movie called Paprika.
<3 Hayashibara Megumi's voice~

Soft Serve
05-25-2010, 10:33 PM
I think that SD was the Devastator. That may be the SD that was ionized at the Battle of Hoth, however.

Yeah, I'm a dork. Wookiepedia is in my favorites and I bought a build your own lightsaber kit a while back. Still practice my lightsaber forms from time to time.

EDIT: Looked it up on Wookiepedia, and it was the Devastator.

Love wookiepedia.

traesin
05-26-2010, 01:49 AM
wookiepedia is awesome. So people where in a better mood today at work. it's nice when customers aren't crabby. I'm supposed to clean the stove tonight. ugh. Someone want to do it for me?

Law
05-26-2010, 07:07 AM
I'm back from making my deliveries early, and I don't have an tutoring appointment until 9:30. If I can get all my paperwork done before I have to leave at 9:00, I can probably get out of work early again. :D

Still loving the new job. :D

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-26-2010, 08:08 AM
Going through emails, then watch a couple of movies from Netflix.

tesral
05-26-2010, 09:05 AM
Yet another day. I have characters to create.

Sascha
05-26-2010, 11:36 AM
Tentative plans with the father-figure later today; there was talk of seeing that movie with the man of iron, but we'll see what turns up.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-26-2010, 01:04 PM
Movie wasn't bad. In fact, i enjoyed it.

Me? I still haven't left the house to do errands. Perhaps in another hour or two.

tesral
05-26-2010, 02:54 PM
Back from Errands

Sascha
05-26-2010, 04:09 PM
Dad just left; no movie, but I did get him hooked on Wii Sports bowling and golf :P (Now if I can find Mii versions of the Dude and Walter, we'll be set~)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Beginning hw. Still have errands to go do at Sears and Sam's Club.

tesral
05-26-2010, 10:04 PM
I have new brushes!!!

traesin
05-27-2010, 02:18 AM
Work, work, work. Enough said.

Law
05-27-2010, 07:17 AM
Long day working today. :(

tesral
05-27-2010, 07:20 AM
It is date day.

Hoitash
05-27-2010, 09:13 AM
Am I the only one currently unemployed?

Eh, hazard of working for the school. Actually i am working, it's just I'm only working for money two hours a week. My writing takes more time, but that's more of an investment than a 9-5 job. And once again I'm rambling.

Law
05-27-2010, 05:19 PM
I just changed jobs. I left *coughwasfiredfromcough* a high paying teacher job at a prestigious private school to be an assistant manager at a franchise tutoring center.

Half the pay, half the stress, half the commute.

No complaints from me.

Sascha
05-27-2010, 10:33 PM
Going to watch Close Encounters of the Third Kind with the roommate in a few. Jurassic Park and The Lost World should be coming by the end of the week~ (It's a Spielberg/John Williams film fest, heh ... skipping E.T., of course, due to the fact that he still, to this day, scares the living heck out of me.)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-27-2010, 10:53 PM
Very cool. I haven't seen Close Encounters of the Third Kind since the 80's.

Currently, i am watching International House Hunters.

Sascha
05-28-2010, 01:08 AM
For some reason, the aliens in Close Encounters, while creepy, don't scare me like E.T. does. Probably 'cause they don't speak :P

Watching Life of Brian now.

traesin
05-28-2010, 01:56 AM
Watching history channel. "the little ice age"

Law
05-28-2010, 08:36 AM
I'm starting my long weekend . . . sorta. :D The center is closed today, but I do have two tutoring appointments today, which is fine, because my SO has to work anyway.

I have some errands to run today, and I need to get some work done around the house and in the yard.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-28-2010, 08:37 AM
Checking emails and hoping a good movie was released in theaters today.

tesral
05-28-2010, 08:48 AM
Friday gaming today. Gilgamesh is in the can.

Hoitash
05-28-2010, 10:15 AM
you threw out a bible?

I got a game tomorrow :). It's 25 miles away but worth it I hope. And I got some new dice yesterday, they must all learn the importance of rolling well, or I will be angry, and my dice wrath is strong. Well, against the dice anyway.

This Michigan heatwave is really annoying, but should end by Tuesday. Hate to think of what Virginia will be like in late June.

Law
05-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Hate to think of what Virginia will be like in late June.
It's 90F here today, and it will only get warmer. :D

tesral
05-29-2010, 06:42 AM
you threw out a bible?

Finished, ready to go. At 10:00 EDT I run the thing at the World Steam Expo.

Sascha
05-29-2010, 10:50 AM
Watching Planet Earth with the roommate. Snow leopards are adorable~

traesin
05-29-2010, 01:09 PM
sorta up. didn't get home till 4am. but I had a blast with the guys. It's raining and in the 60's here. below average. I can't type today. thank God for spell check. back to bed, got to work tonight.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-29-2010, 02:15 PM
Wish it was raining here. Doesn't rain here enough.

Law
05-29-2010, 07:56 PM
In my PJs and ready for bed . . . and it is only 9:00pm. I feel so old. :(

Hoitash
05-29-2010, 09:14 PM
Wow, I thought I was weird for feeling old at 21.

tesral
05-29-2010, 09:42 PM
Home, more Steampunk tomorrow.

traesin
05-30-2010, 12:20 AM
At work. picking up some overtime this weekend. gaming tomarrow.

Blydden
05-30-2010, 12:31 AM
Working on my secret project. (I'll let you know that it is a secret project, but as to what it is I am not telling ^_^. )

*fetches a box of TNT*

Law
05-30-2010, 07:22 AM
Working in the yard this morning (it needs a lot of work). Gaming this afternoon and tomorrow. We are driving into the city for another "Game Day" event.

tesral
05-30-2010, 07:36 AM
Cranking up the day to head back to the Steam Expo.

So far it's a light weight con with costuming the central theme. I ended up with a morning coat and a pith helmet (golly good, carry on) the dealer's area is every bit of over blown coustuming fluff in the quasi Victorian style and the bits to go with it you can find. So far fun.

I have a run of Gilgamesh at 1 PM.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-30-2010, 08:00 AM
Couldn't make the Con this weekend... sucks!

Hoitash
05-30-2010, 10:22 AM
I wonder if I could find a Mutant Chronicles game nearby...

So much gaming, so few games to join...

tesral
05-30-2010, 11:38 PM
Good session, even through the mad scienced themselves to the point they did not finish.

One more session tomorrow and I get to rest for a while.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-31-2010, 12:11 AM
Watching Mind of Mencia

Soft Serve
05-31-2010, 06:09 AM
I AM SO SORRY

Really...

Racial Humor from him is about as good as George Lopez...

Law
05-31-2010, 07:26 AM
Game day part 2 today. Then . . . off to our little town's Memorial Day meet-in-the-street celebration.

tesral
05-31-2010, 08:45 AM
Sinus sore throat. One more game to run. Corrections made to the balance of the key.

Hoitash
05-31-2010, 10:15 AM
My Star Wars game isn't meeting again for a while, And I won't be able to play until June 3rd anyway, so except for that bi-weekly game I DM I am gameless. I hate it when that happens. I blame DM of the Rings for getting me interested in gaming.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-31-2010, 11:55 AM
Looking at law schools...just playing with the idea.

Blydden
05-31-2010, 05:29 PM
Losing confidence in my ability to finish my secret project.

Sascha
05-31-2010, 06:42 PM
Spent some time with Dad. Gearing up for when my roommate most likely moves to Wisconsin.

tesral
06-01-2010, 12:18 AM
Looking at law schools...just playing with the idea.

What, being a soul sucking LICH isn't evil enough?

traesin
06-01-2010, 02:25 AM
recovering from the weekend. it may take me all week to do it too. I did have a blast though.

tesral
06-01-2010, 06:08 AM
I know how you feel. The weekend has me wrung out.

Hoitash
06-01-2010, 09:52 AM
That's why I did almost nothing yesterday except watch the History channel and sort a book shelf.

tesral
06-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Ugh....

Hoitash
06-01-2010, 01:17 PM
I'm unemployed, blame the University.

Law
06-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Waiting for dinner, getting caught up on posting.

Sascha
06-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Watching Desperate Housewives, season 5. Fixed Netflix queue.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-01-2010, 05:46 PM
Channel switching between Holmes on Homes and Heartbreak Ridge. Awaiting on a paper grade worth 13% towards my final grade.

tesral
06-01-2010, 07:57 PM
Back from Shopping. Heavy post Con thud.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Still waiting on my grade. Watching tennis.

traesin
06-02-2010, 01:45 AM
managed to crawl out of bed and get to work. This weekend is going to be busy too. whoop!

tesral
06-02-2010, 02:08 AM
I crawled out of bed for another pill. Damn the joints are hurting tonight.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-02-2010, 07:37 AM
Just had two Excedrin. Happy about my "A" grade in managerial economics. Two weeks to go.

traesin
06-02-2010, 08:23 AM
congrats! Almost done with this job then off to the next. need a nap.

moonwalker
06-02-2010, 09:47 AM
I'm reading about Natural Disaster's it's about Hurricanes, Earthquakes and Volcanoes.

tesral
06-02-2010, 12:21 PM
I'm waiting for my son to get up and playing with making battlemat graphics in GIMP. The main limiter is the size of my printer. Now, once I learn a fixed method of scaling the graphics (Which it looks like I have) I can make large scale PDFs to take to Staples to print on large format paper.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Ordered more Black Industries Warhammer novels entitled, Bloodborn (Ulrika the Vampire), Brunner, the Bounty Hunter (Omnibus), Zombie Slayer (Gotrek and Felix), and Temple of the Serpent (Thanquil & Boneripper).

Law
06-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Home from work early. Updating my games and getting ready for the next sessions.

traesin
06-03-2010, 01:53 AM
at work watching a program on the Forbidden City.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-03-2010, 08:03 AM
Just fed the dog. Have plenty of papers to write today.

Soft Serve
06-03-2010, 10:22 PM
Write papers on how to feed the dogs?

Sascha
06-03-2010, 10:45 PM
In between Jurassic Park and The Lost World. The effects hold up over time, compared to films released since.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-04-2010, 12:38 AM
I'm going to see Splice tomorrow. Scarrry!

http://www.aolcdn.com/mf_movies/36340_p_m

Trailers & Clips (http://www.moviefone.com/movie/splice/36340/trailers)
480 (http://www.moviefone.com/movie/splice/36340/hd/480) 720 (http://www.moviefone.com/movie/splice/36340/trailer/hd_720_splice-80236811001.qtl) 1080 (http://www.moviefone.com/movie/splice/36340/trailer/hd_1080_splice-80236811001.qtl)

traesin
06-04-2010, 07:11 AM
fixing my computer. sigh. I forgot most of my drivers at home. i was tired when i packed for the night. so i'm stuck using this frickin acer netbook. i hate this thing.

Malruhn
06-07-2010, 01:28 PM
I am presently taking a long lunch after 18 days straight of working 14-16 hour days.

I'm down in Louisiana with the Coast Guard, dealing with the oil spill...

and my sunburn has sunburn.

thomaswhodoubts
06-07-2010, 01:52 PM
I'm in the Latin Quarter in Paris, on the Rue de l'Arbelete, or Crossbow Street, which runs into Rue Gobelins - wouldn't it have to?:lol:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Awaiting for the mail to be delivered. Got some good stuff coming.

traesin
06-08-2010, 01:57 AM
I got sunburned on Sat. I was impressed. usually I go straight to rash. Sunday the group ran me into the ground. My Brains where jello when I got done with game. and today I couldn't sleep. Stage one of getting the "witch Queen" fired from work has been set into motion. So my brain wouldn't shut down.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-08-2010, 07:23 AM
Must begin writing my final today. Also awaiting a couple of books to be delivered. Still pissed at myself for missing an Ebay sale. It was such a great deal.

Jame Rowe
06-08-2010, 09:53 AM
I'm at my college, preparing to eat lunch and then get tutoring for my Spanish class.

Hoitash
06-08-2010, 11:53 AM
I hate Spring/Summer courses.

Although this Civil War battle tour should be fun. I'll need a healthy budget for drinks and souveniers. And food, the University isn't covering everything, even with almsot two grand of my money.

In a year though I can leave behind the expensive brain exhausting life of an undergrad and enter the more expensive brain killing life of a graduate student. Which reminds me, I gotta buy a GRE study book. So many expenses, so little money.

traesin
06-09-2010, 01:59 AM
is it Friday yet?

thomaswhodoubts
06-09-2010, 02:37 AM
I'm at the Hilton by Duke waiting for a conference, still on Paris time, but 6 hours until registration for the conference begins.

Is it here yet?

tesral
06-09-2010, 07:03 AM
Car's in the shop again. New brake lines. It's reaching that age.

traesin
06-09-2010, 07:41 AM
Ick that sucks.

Soft Serve
06-12-2010, 12:53 AM
The golden age?

Where you make up for the cars ineptitude by painting it gold...

tesral
06-12-2010, 07:29 AM
The car is 12 years old. Around the block a few times it has been.

Blydden
06-12-2010, 08:39 AM
Prowling the chat boards. Just diagnosed myself with self-diagnosed insomnia today. Haven't slept a wink the past 3 nights.

Though that may just because I am being forced to bunk with my brother as my room is being renovated.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-12-2010, 09:59 AM
going through emails... planning on how best to attack the day

Hoitash
06-12-2010, 10:49 AM
I recommend a shotgun and sword for backup. :)

tesral
06-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Game tonight, light on players.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-12-2010, 03:40 PM
Going to lunchie, then back to homework and tv.

tesral
06-13-2010, 12:05 AM
Someone has really taken the Lich to school. :biggrin:

Finished Saturday game, good session. They took down a 17 level Lich at 6th level, and his two pet Golems.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-13-2010, 12:34 AM
Watching Fright Night. Good times.

TaiRei
06-13-2010, 02:49 AM
Watching Diner's Drive Ins and Dives and salivating. Also getting recipe ideas. Oh yeah.

Soft Serve
06-13-2010, 04:45 AM
I recommend a shotgun and sword for backup. :)

Two close range weapons? What do you do when they hit you from far away?

Baldwin Stonewood
06-13-2010, 05:37 AM
I'm currently sitting at Il Brillo Parlante drinking a Perroni and waiting for my pizza. I highly recommend visiting ancient Rome. I feel a gladiator matching for my gamers is in the near future.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-13-2010, 08:53 AM
Reading through emails and posts on pnpg while looking at an old novel on my floor that i read years and years ago entitled Collision Course, by Robert Silverberg. A good fantasy novel with a twist in the end.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:WC1myN5ehkhn8M:http://www.majipoor.com/pimage/p0000322.jpg (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.majipoor.com/pimage/p0000322.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.majipoor.com/work.php%3Fid%3D168&usg=__nYd67X2PwMSQJBUG2K9GZWfUet4=&h=550&w=333&sz=40&hl=en&start=1&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=WC1myN5ehkhn8M:&tbnh=133&tbnw=81&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcollision%2Bcourse%2Bby%2Brobert%2Bsi lverberg%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client% 3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26tbs%3Disch:1)http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:54qpMxH9guLcpM:http://www.majipoor.com/images/collisioncourse_1982.jpg (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.majipoor.com/images/collisioncourse_1982.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.majipoor.com/work.php%3Fid%3D168&usg=__c_KXL_IooCIOuOuqCkEgo2dV-1I=&h=550&w=333&sz=38&hl=en&start=8&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=54qpMxH9guLcpM:&tbnh=133&tbnw=81&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcollision%2Bcourse%2Bby%2Brobert%2Bsi lverberg%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client% 3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26tbs%3Disch:1)

Hoitash
06-13-2010, 09:21 AM
Two close range weapons? What do you do when they hit you from far away?

Generally I duck. Or throw a grenade. But a rifle would be useful for backup, if only FPS let you have more than 2 guns.

That is the primary reason Resistance: Fall of Man is my favorite first person shooter. That and it's tons less depressing then R2.

Right now I'm debating whether to get Mass Effect now or wait tll after my exploring the Civil War battle sites of the east and the Lbrary of Congress' archive (it's a week long course with the University, Eagles still suck!)

It's a week away, so I have time to buy some stuff and get used to getting up at 6 in the morning. I'll get ME when I get back. If I haven't had so many mint julep's I forget who John Shepard is.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-13-2010, 02:21 PM
Responding to emails. Upset that my next textbook was lost in the mail and have to reorder - that's money i don't have! Sucks!

Why do people still choose to use USPS, anymore? They suck!

tesral
06-13-2010, 02:58 PM
Getting the last couple of decals on the USS Kongo.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-13-2010, 03:54 PM
Gettin' some Chinese grub, then hw.

TaiRei
06-14-2010, 03:00 AM
Sitting in the hot tub and star gazing on one of the first clear nights in a while over here in the Pacific NW. My cat is sleeping and enjoying the ambient heat in the sun room from the hot tub.

Soft Serve
06-14-2010, 03:03 AM
Reading through emails and posts on pnpg while looking at an old novel on my floor that i read years and years ago entitled Collision Course, by Robert Silverberg. A good fantasy novel with a twist in the end.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:WC1myN5ehkhn8M:http://www.majipoor.com/pimage/p0000322.jpg (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.majipoor.com/pimage/p0000322.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.majipoor.com/work.php%3Fid%3D168&usg=__nYd67X2PwMSQJBUG2K9GZWfUet4=&h=550&w=333&sz=40&hl=en&start=1&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=WC1myN5ehkhn8M:&tbnh=133&tbnw=81&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcollision%2Bcourse%2Bby%2Brobert%2Bsi lverberg%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client% 3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26tbs%3Disch:1)http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:54qpMxH9guLcpM:http://www.majipoor.com/images/collisioncourse_1982.jpg (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.majipoor.com/images/collisioncourse_1982.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.majipoor.com/work.php%3Fid%3D168&usg=__c_KXL_IooCIOuOuqCkEgo2dV-1I=&h=550&w=333&sz=38&hl=en&start=8&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=54qpMxH9guLcpM:&tbnh=133&tbnw=81&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcollision%2Bcourse%2Bby%2Brobert%2Bsi lverberg%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client% 3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26tbs%3Disch:1)

Is the twist that it doesn't actually collide with anything?

Generally I duck. Or throw a grenade. But a rifle would be useful for backup, if only FPS let you have more than 2 guns.

That is the primary reason Resistance: Fall of Man is my favorite first person shooter. That and it's tons less depressing then R2.

Right now I'm debating whether to get Mass Effect now or wait tll after my exploring the Civil War battle sites of the east and the Lbrary of Congress' archive (it's a week long course with the University, Eagles still suck!)

It's a week away, so I have time to buy some stuff and get used to getting up at 6 in the morning. I'll get ME when I get back. If I haven't had so many mint julep's I forget who John Shepard is.

As soon as I read "less depressing than R2" I immediately thought of Mass Effect 1&2 and then you brought it up and I instantly cried for you...

Play the hell out of ME1. Just dominate that game...love it for what you have.

And when you put 2 in just...know...that I feel for you...

Hoitash
06-14-2010, 09:42 AM
Thank you, I always apreciate warnings about games before I spend my money :)

You are not a fan of ME2 I take it?

Soft Serve
06-14-2010, 10:58 AM
No I love it. Gameplay, dialog, story, character advancement/development is all good. Great game, wish I could play ME3 right now. It's just big parts of the story are depressing.

It's maybe the first 1:30 of the game and neither you or your character ever honeslty recover from it, because right when you do you take another massive emotional beating for it.

I don't mean to say I cried, or threw my controller in rage or anything like that, I just mean it's like when you have a big pile of awesome ice-cream and you drop it on the sidewalk. The memory flashes before your eyes even though it's still just a big pile of ice-cream...

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-14-2010, 01:38 PM
Extremely pissed off that the seller of my textbook sent item media mail when i paid for expedited shipping. He totally screwed me. This mistake cost me an extra $50.

traesin
06-14-2010, 02:49 PM
Well between jobs right now. I had an awesome weekend and this is a short week for me. as of Wed. I'm on vaction. W00t! and when I get back, i start a 3rd job. At least it's only on sats and won't take that long. I need the money.

Hoitash
06-14-2010, 05:31 PM
Is "Thank God for Graduate School" a bumper sticker?

Cuz it sounds like I'm gonna get one.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-14-2010, 06:04 PM
If not, then make them to sell. Just remember your friends (me) when you make your millions, Hoitash.

Sascha
06-14-2010, 08:56 PM
Watching The Venture Bros., season 3. Forgot how good it was :P

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-14-2010, 09:12 PM
Finished my final. Yeah! Watching Property Virgins before going back and doing a final read-through.

Blydden
06-14-2010, 09:28 PM
Celebrating that my last day of school is over...by doing not very much celebrating at all.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-14-2010, 10:33 PM
Final turned in. Yeah! Next class begins tomorrow.

tesral
06-14-2010, 11:05 PM
Final turned in. Yeah! Next class begins tomorrow.

You are just cramming the classes down dude.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-14-2010, 11:28 PM
Oh it can sooo suck. No breaks. I graduate October 18. I begin my PhD immediately after. 3 more years and i'm done. Oh man, time is getting short.

Thoth's trivia for the day: Who, and in which movie was my last sentence (see above) muttered in?

Four hints:
1) It may not be an exact quote, but it's close enough.
2) The genre is science fiction
3) And this is a big hint for the well informed. They are seriously thinking about making another movie, but in 3D... strangely enough.
4) Very dark and gritty.

traesin
06-15-2010, 08:05 AM
one day till vacation.....

Thoth, did you roll a bit yesterday?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-15-2010, 08:24 AM
Yesterday will not go down as one of my better days. I blame Murphy's Law.

tesral
06-15-2010, 09:59 AM
Car bit me in the wallet again. Four new brake lines.

Blydden
06-15-2010, 03:33 PM
Had sushi today. I wish I had ordered more sushi.

Note to self: You can never have enough sushi.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-15-2010, 05:21 PM
Thinking about getting some grub. Watching A Star is Born.

traesin
06-16-2010, 07:37 AM
one hour and a half till vacation.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-16-2010, 08:03 AM
one hour and a half till vacation.

I'll give you some vacation, baby. :p

At this very moment, i am reading about vacuum coffee makers. I love the old perculators and the sounds it makes when it brewing some great coffee. I'm actually thinking about purchasing a vacuun coffee maker to see how well it brews coffee.

Anyone like to share their opinions said vacuum makers i'm speaking of. I'm curious.

Soft Serve
06-16-2010, 01:26 PM
haha perculators...

Ok I'll step out now for someone with real input to participate.

tesral
06-17-2010, 06:47 AM
I got my car back. Yet another day in the trenches.

Hoitash
06-17-2010, 08:58 AM
I hate seasonal allergies almost as much as being too tired to make breakfast.

At least I have coffee. How does a vacuum coffee maker work?

Soft Serve
06-17-2010, 10:39 AM

Pretty bad, it just sucks...

:drum:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-17-2010, 12:38 PM

Eat the local honey for your allergies. It will help.

Hoitash
06-17-2010, 02:25 PM
I've been using cough drops, they seem to help. It might be a mild cold, hard to tell when its this windy.

Its gonna be around 100 in Virginia next week. Hurray.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-17-2010, 03:00 PM
Local honey helps build your immune system from allergies caused locally, Hoitash.

I miss living in Virginia. I miss my friends out there.

Hoitash
06-17-2010, 08:20 PM
That makes sense. I'm pretty sure it's a midle cold, I'm almost over it. Besides I'm watching my sugar (family history of diabetes.)

I'll give it a try tomorrow though, to help me prepare for my Dad's and his girlfriends birthday party and my travel course.

Although that begs the question if the honey in the cupboard is local :)

tesral
06-18-2010, 01:09 AM
If bought at a chain market more than likely not.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-18-2010, 01:23 AM
Just watched Sounds of Thunder to help me think up some cool technology for my personally designed space/future game.

Hoitash
06-18-2010, 09:19 AM
Well, I've left the nasal drip/ fatigue phase and entered the aching body/ where in the name of Naboo does all this mucuc come from?!? phase. I may also have a low fever.

At least I'm sick now and not on the trip.

tesral
06-18-2010, 11:32 PM
Taking pictures for Starship Modeler.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-19-2010, 05:19 PM
HW... ugh!

Soft Serve
06-19-2010, 07:36 PM
Car show today. Can't go though because Katie is at work and I don't want to go alone. 4th saturday in a row...

Blydden
06-20-2010, 01:53 AM
Figuring out how I can watch anime (this week it is Kaze no Stigma) and America's Got Talent at the same time.

Also...
-My players cancelled for this weekend again for the 3rd-4th time in a row. (33rd cumulative I think. I lost count after 20th.)
-I am making more work for myself by helping someone learn 4e D&D who already hates 4e D&D.
-I am trying to figure out who the heck "James Bane" is. Honestly, if you know who James Bane is, please tell me. He keeps inviting me to join Facebook. Did I mention I hate Facebook? (That also goes for Myspace and Twitter.)

Hoitash
06-20-2010, 04:37 AM
There's a reason I lack accounts on all three :)

The sun isn't even up yet. I haven't gotten up this early in nearly a decade! That's literally half my life.

Anywho, I will soon be shutting my computer down, but every hotel we're staying at has internet access, so Ill try and psot every once in a while, maybe blog about the trip. I'm going to keep personal score of the following activities:
Beers killed (goal is three locals)
Mint Julip/julep (could a southerner explain that for me?)'s had (goal is three)
Bars thrown out of (goal is 0)
National battle sites thrown out of (see above)
Locals offended by my Order of the Stick Redcloak "Revolution" T-Shirt (goal is four)
And I wanted to add something aobut cougars, but I had to have some time for the tour itself. Yay History.

I'll be back. Enjoy your Father's Day for those of you that are fathers, and enjoy not getting up at five am the rest of you :)

Soft Serve
06-20-2010, 06:25 AM
There's a reason I lack accounts on all three :)

The sun isn't even up yet. I haven't gotten up this early in nearly a decade! That's literally half my life.

Anywho, I will soon be shutting my computer down, but every hotel we're staying at has internet access, so Ill try and psot every once in a while, maybe blog about the trip. I'm going to keep personal score of the following activities:
Beers killed (goal is three locals)
Mint Julip/julep (could a southerner explain that for me?)'s had (goal is three)
Bars thrown out of (goal is 0)
National battle sites thrown out of (see above)
Locals offended by my Order of the Stick Redcloak "Revolution" T-Shirt (goal is four)
And I wanted to add something aobut cougars, but I had to have some time for the tour itself. Yay History.

I'll be back. Enjoy your Father's Day for those of you that are fathers, and enjoy not getting up at five am the rest of you :)

Just take a tour of a cougar factory.

tesral
06-20-2010, 08:13 AM
-I am making more work for myself by helping someone learn 4e D&D who already hates 4e D&D.
-I am trying to figure out who the heck "James Bane" is. Honestly, if you know who James Bane is, please tell me. He keeps inviting me to join Facebook. Did I mention I hate Facebook? (That also goes for Myspace and Twitter.)

A dislike of Forry should not be discouraged.

A dislike of Facebook (et all) should not be discouraged.

Just take a tour of a cougar factory.

They build them in factories now?

I have a door to re-knob today. Home ownership is such fun.

Soft Serve
06-20-2010, 12:27 PM
A dislike of Forry should not be discouraged.

A dislike of Facebook (et all) should not be discouraged.

They build them in factories now?

I have a door to re-knob today. Home ownership is such fun.

We're talking about the animal right? Not the old lady? If that's the case then yeah they build those in factories now...

(side note : googling cougar factory produces less than interesting results.)

tesral
06-20-2010, 02:30 PM
They have factories for older women too. It's called "Motherhood". Ages one real fast.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-20-2010, 02:42 PM
My Management Information Systems textbook

Soft Serve
06-20-2010, 04:18 PM
My Management Information Systems textbook

Motherhood?

tesral
06-20-2010, 05:42 PM
He might be saying the textbook is a Mother....

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-20-2010, 06:48 PM
Motherhood?

He might be saying the textbook is a Mother....

You both could be right.

traesin
06-20-2010, 08:41 PM
At the beach. will be heading home either tonight or tomarrow. I do admit I have a facebook page. My gamer buddies are on it. don't have to be back at work till Tuesday night. yea.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-20-2010, 09:13 PM
Watching the X Games movie. I did scateboarding and BMX with - what i thought were - difficult tricks, but these guys take it about 10 levels beyond my imagination. Just no way i'd even think about doing what these guys are doing, not even for a cool million. They have my respect. A mans got to know his limitations, and i know mine.

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Well, I've left the nasal drip/ fatigue phase and entered the aching body/ where in the name of Naboo does all this mucuc come from?!? phase. I may also have a low fever.

At least I'm sick now and not on the trip.

Here's a great recipe that should work wonders:

Dry throat challenges, continual...off & on. etc.

one glass very warm 2 HOT (as one can tolerate) H2O.
Nat'l honey from your area, as much as will easily dissolve in warm/hot water.
Juice frm.@ least 1/2 to 1 lemon, freshly squeezed.

Drink immediately.

Healthy
Beneficial
Nat'l.Vit.C also, NOT chemical Vit.C.

all the positive benefits that your 'area' honey can give, if taken regularly.
Beats chemicals.

tesral
06-21-2010, 10:20 AM
Vitamin C or L-ascorbic acid or L-ascorbate is an essential nutrient for humans and certain other animal species, in which it functions as a vitamin. In living organisms, ascorbate is an anti-oxidant, since it protects the body against oxidative stress. It is also a cofactor in at least eight enzymatic reactions, including several collagen synthesis reactions that cause the most severe symptoms of scurvy when they are dysfunctional. In animals, these reactions are especially important in wound-healing and in preventing bleeding from capillaries.

Ascorbate (an ion of ascorbic acid) is required for a range of essential metabolic reactions in all animals and plants. It is made internally by almost all organisms; notable mammalian group exceptions are most or all of the order chiroptera (bats), and one of the two major primate suborders, the Anthropoidea (Haplorrhini) (tarsiers, monkeys and apes, including human beings). Ascorbic acid is also not synthesized by guinea pigs and some species of birds and fish. All species that do not synthesize ascorbate require it in the diet. Deficiency in this vitamin causes the disease scurvy in humans. It is also widely used as a food additive.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e7/L-Ascorbic_acid.svg/620px-L-Ascorbic_acid.svg.png

It IS a chemical, an acid, an inorganic acid in fact. Your body does not care how the chemical was synthesized. Does not know how it was synthesized. Any claims to the contrary are simply marketing.

Sascha
06-21-2010, 11:40 AM
It IS a chemical, an acid, an inorganic acid in fact. Your body does not care how the chemical was synthesized. Does not know how it was synthesized. Any claims to the contrary are simply marketing.
Beat me to it.

Fun Fact: Haplorrhines (dry-nosed members of the Order Primates) can't manufacture vitamin C on their own; it has to come from dietary sources. The best natural source is fruit.

Corollary Fun Fact: The sweetest, but shortest-lasting sugar is fructose - fruit sugar - and primates (barring really weird hominids) tend to go for fruits, if available, over other foods. Have a sweet tooth? Blame your haplorrhine heritage.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Just copy/pasting the recipe, you two heliolaters.

Waiting for the next season to arrive tomorrow of True Blood. Can't wait.

Soft Serve
06-21-2010, 02:08 PM
Just copy/pasting the recipe, you two heliolaters.

Waiting for the next season to arrive tomorrow of True Blood. Can't wait.

Heliohaters? Is that like anti-dentites?

tesral
06-21-2010, 03:30 PM
Just copy/pasting the recipe, you two heliolaters. .

Speak for yourself. I'm a veravaix erusincendia

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Speak for yourself. I'm a veravaix erusincendia

It's a weakness of the living to need/worship the sun. The Undead have no such need of it.

Blydden
06-21-2010, 09:53 PM
Just posted *GASP* my 2nd thread ever!

You can see it here. Bring your opinions.

http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php/16452-Downloading-your-books...right-or-wrong?p=143569#post143569

tesral
06-21-2010, 09:56 PM
It's a weakness of the living to need/worship the sun. The Undead have no such need of it.

What does the sun have to do with it. I'm hot enough without it.

And even the undead need the sun dude. There isn't much happening around zero Kelvin. Frozen solid for eternity. Sounds like a lousy gig.

Soft Serve
06-24-2010, 03:08 AM
What does the sun have to do with it. I'm hot enough without it.

And even the undead need the sun dude. There isn't much happening around zero Kelvin. Frozen solid for eternity. Sounds like a lousy gig.

Not eternity. Someone will find you eventually...

traesin
06-25-2010, 02:43 AM
hey me week is done.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-25-2010, 12:53 PM
Kinda sick - what the hell?! Looking forward to next weekends Twilight Zone marathon & BBQ.

tesral
06-25-2010, 01:40 PM
Having a day.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-25-2010, 02:19 PM
Having a day, too.

Soft Serve
06-26-2010, 01:32 AM
Kinda sick - what the hell?! Looking forward to next weekends Twilight Zone marathon & BBQ.

Love the zone. Love it...

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-26-2010, 08:12 AM
Okay, feeling a bit better this am. At this moment i am looking through this years movie releases.

traesin
06-26-2010, 03:18 PM
i'm listening to my downstairs neighbor's music. The floor is vibrating nicely.

Sascha
06-26-2010, 03:29 PM
Laundry and packing.

Or, more accurately, avoiding packing for as long as possible. Hate moving. (Again.)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-26-2010, 04:23 PM
Thinking about watching tv, getting some chinese food, and looking for my accounting book that seems to have gone missing.