PDA

View Full Version : At this very moment of reading this: where are you at and what are you doing?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16

Sascha
04-16-2010, 12:13 PM
Is Avatar all done now? I haven't seen it since the second season.
Yeah, it ended in 2008.

Hoitash
04-16-2010, 01:11 PM
You ever get the feeling that no matter how much you dedicate yourself to your work, no one cares? Or the fact that no matter how much work you put into something, there's always someone better?

If you don't here back from me by Monday a bear ate me; I'm going camping. Why I don't know.

tesral
04-16-2010, 08:45 PM
If you don't here back from me by Monday a bear ate me; I'm going camping. Why I don't know.

Bear mind control? They are hungry coming out this time of year.

stygianangel
04-17-2010, 11:30 PM
At "home" (as much as a college dorm can be considered home, anyway), metaphorically shaking my fist at my computer...I've been having Internet connection issues (sort of) all day. That, and doing various gaming-related activities (making campaign maps/characters, reading various articles about the hobby, etc.). Not a very exciting weekend, I know, but I've had worse...

traesin
04-18-2010, 01:32 AM
awake for now. Pills have me sleeping lots. doing some research for a game idea. also considering going back to bed.

tesral
04-18-2010, 02:13 AM
Up, hurting as the weather does flip flops.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-18-2010, 02:15 PM
Thinking about what to do today, and planning on reading another story by Robert E. Howard.

Hoitash
04-18-2010, 03:22 PM
Not dead. Got back from camping last night, then slept for twelve hours. So imagine tesral's experiance plus being in a tent.

Exam week has officialy begun. I might be screwed.

Sascha
04-18-2010, 03:45 PM
Getting ready for the first TMNT session today; is going to be ... interesting, to say the least (for the very simple fact that I may have forgotten the rules nuances :P).

traesin
04-18-2010, 11:23 PM
just got home from game. sigh. I don't want to go to work tomarrow.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-19-2010, 01:30 AM
Watching Tin Cup, with Kevin Costner. Then it's on to reading an unusual book called Initiation, by Elizabeth Haich.

UURich
04-19-2010, 05:54 AM
I just had breakfast and am getting ready to take my car in for some unexpected repairs. Engine died in the middle of driving it home. I could restart it but the engine and alternator light both came on. Restarted the engine after I had it in the garage and just the engine light came one. Just hoping it's something electrical.

tesral
04-19-2010, 08:27 AM
Well Monday morning. What is doing today is slightly up in the air. If Jay is down early we head to the museum for a while and game in the afternoon.

Sascha
04-19-2010, 10:45 AM
Back to school today. Major projects (barring an essay for Shakespeare) all complete, though~

traesin
04-19-2010, 02:44 PM
home from work. back is twinging, oh well. Really nice temp outside. may rain though. Starting to get my sun rashes so I have to find my suntan lotion again. must sleep soon.

Hoitash
04-20-2010, 06:38 PM
Now I'm worried. I got an A in one class, finished a final, sent an email to girl I eat lunch with, got an answer, and now I've learned Eastern Michigan University will have 0% tuition, romm, and board increases for the coming year.

Truly the End of Days is upon us. I'm gonna need scotch.

If the above made no sense, whenever something good happens in my life, something bad usually follows. and I like scotch. Jonnie Walker being my preference.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-20-2010, 07:28 PM
Now I'm worried. I got an A in one class, finished a final, sent an email to girl I eat lunch with, got an answer, and now I've learned Eastern Michigan University will have 0% tuition, romm, and board increases for the coming year.

Truly the End of Days is upon us. I'm gonna need scotch.

If the above made no sense, whenever something good happens in my life, something bad usually follows. and I like scotch. Jonnie Walker being my preference.

Congrats on your A & no price increases. I live here in Ca., and we love to retroactively increase tuition, w/o notice.

tesral
04-21-2010, 01:27 AM
Had full day, am now down falling into bed.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-21-2010, 01:48 AM
Watching a Bigfoot show on tv, then it's on to bed.

TaiRei
04-21-2010, 02:50 AM
Finalizing my plans to go to PAX this year. Got my train tickets and convention badges reserved, just looking at hotel prices and man are they steep. Argh!

Anybody hiring? I do awesome office work, gopher'ing, and I can be a sycophant for hire. I live in Portland, OR and I'm awesome.

Gotta do the summer job thing and get some extra scrilla for the trip.

traesin
04-21-2010, 04:38 AM
really tired. My co-worker was nice and brought me coffee tonight. something with a double shot. My Friend Jen had her weekly blond moment. Thinking it was Wednesday, she started the burn pile at her Mom's place. Then realized that is was Tuesday, a no burn day. the fire marshal lives 3 doors down and her Mom had a doctor's appointment. So I had to go watch (play with) the burn pile till they got back. So I didn't get to bed till 4. I don't function well on 5 hrs of sleep. (I did satisfy the pyro in me for awhile though.)

tesral
04-21-2010, 07:29 AM
Up, a day. Got stuff, semi-plans and some errands to do. And I need to toss Jay to the maw of the TSA.

Jame Rowe
04-21-2010, 09:09 AM
I'm working on a story I've been writing, while waiting for the bus to go visit a game store in Boston.

Soft Serve
04-21-2010, 06:23 PM
Trying to take initiative...(failing)...

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-22-2010, 12:50 AM
Pretty much a wasted day. Going to go read some more from the books Initiation and Conan. Tomorrow is gonna be a big hw day for me, oh joy.

TaiRei
04-22-2010, 02:51 AM
Finished homeworkz and labz for two classes, procrastinating on my math project writeups. Not due until next week anyhow.

Just watched Angels & Demons on Netflix, not a bad movie, but not great either.

Watching Bones season one on Netflix right now. Just got done with a Pathfinder game on OpenRPG. My monk kicks drow arse.

Thursday, Earth Day, my parent's anniversary dinner. Ugh. I have a couple packages arriving tomorrow too, so I hope to receive them before my parents' dinner. I hate having packages arrive and sitting in my car port for hours. Some mook will try and steal my shizzle and that just don't fly.

traesin
04-22-2010, 03:14 AM
really tired. the f-ing apt. people decided to work on the Apt. below me all day today. I thought they were done with that crap! Nope. I guess it takes them a bloody year to remodel a frickin apt. I really shouldn't be surprised. The only reason our parking spots got repainted is because the fire marshal said so.

Hoitash
04-22-2010, 08:20 AM
Well, one more final and then I'm moving out of the dorm.

Manly tears will be reppelled. Maybe. Anyone wanna clean the bathroom? It hasn't been cleaned in about three months.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-22-2010, 11:03 AM
You finished school?

Hoitash
04-22-2010, 12:05 PM
Technically, yes. I move out at 3:15. Well, I check out at 3, then leave. You get the idea.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-22-2010, 01:32 PM
Hopefully, you finished school. Trust me, going back later on sucks.

tesral
04-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Eating

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-22-2010, 01:55 PM
Yep, eating is on my list too.

Hoitash
04-22-2010, 08:32 PM
Well, I'm home. Got a job interview tomorrow for editor of the Opinion's section of the Eastern Echo.

A road diverged in the wood, and I chose the one with ADD. I'm a dabbler. Hopefuly I'll be a dabbler with money to pay for my expensive drinking habits.

Expensive in terms of the alcohol, not the quantity. Scotch ain't cheap.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-22-2010, 11:56 PM
Best of luck on your interview, Hoitash.

Soft Serve
04-23-2010, 12:22 AM
This thread is nearing 3,000 posts.
Yay.

traesin
04-23-2010, 02:31 AM
well, my charging cable for my laptop is toast. so there goes more money. i'm so tired tonight. even coffee isn't working.

TaiRei
04-23-2010, 02:59 AM
Finished with preliminary planning on my Seattle trip this fall to PAX Prime. Looks like its room sharing for me. This way I save over 500 bucks in hotel costs.

I've decided I'm most likely going to attend UW (Go Huskies!) next Fall. I'll have completed my AD at PCC by then so I need to plan out my next step. UW seems like a good one. I'm considering a degree in Astrophysics. Because colliding protons is sexy awesome. I'm making black holes, biznatches!

And to all my Portland friends, Seattle isn't that far away. Only 3-4 hours on the train and I'll be visiting my parents all the time so there will always be drink night at least monthly. I travel alot, especially to Southern California, and the train goes all the way down to L.A. so you'll be seeing plenty of me. Besides, its not for at least another year. So stop freaking out.....Mark, stop cackling manically.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-23-2010, 07:17 AM
This thread is nearing 3,000 posts.
Yay.

Might Thoths Magick is Strong.

UURich
04-23-2010, 07:28 AM
Listening to post-reflections from the first night of the NFL draft and beginning my reading for my night class. The topic: Earth-centered theology and nature arts.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-23-2010, 07:41 AM
Going through email.

Hoitash
04-23-2010, 09:51 AM
Is the "Pen & Paper Games" banner getting bigger, or do I need more booze?

yukonhorror
04-23-2010, 10:15 AM
revising my self-assembly paper. 30 pgs is a LONG article.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-23-2010, 10:22 AM
Just aquired the Staying Alive soundtrack on cd. Now i'm trying to get a hold of the Blame it on Rio soundtrack on cd. Okay, now back to my Conan story entitled "The Devil in Iron," by the immortal Robert E. Howard.

tesral
04-23-2010, 10:42 AM
Gaming today, still have a house guest.

Sascha
04-23-2010, 10:46 AM
Roommate's off to Wisconsin today; I get the whole house to myself 'til Monday~

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-23-2010, 11:02 AM
Ugh, gotta go to school today to write some more papers. Glade will be a close A. Currently running a 94%, but the final is worth 25% of the final grade, ouch!

Hoitash
04-23-2010, 02:56 PM
Still don't have most of my grades, but the interview went well. I'll find out sometime early next week.

CD's, really? What's next, buying VHS copies of movies?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Ha! Arrogant graduate! LOL Next you'll be insulting my rad 8-track tape collection. Thoth prepares a boss death spell for Hoitash.

For you younglings on this site, the meaning of rad and boss can be found at www.urbandictionarycom (http://www.urbandictionarycom) http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Soft Serve
04-23-2010, 03:44 PM
Ha! Arrogant graduate! LOL Next you'll be insulting my rad 8-track tape collection. Thoth prepares a boss death spell for Hoitash.

For you younglings on this site, the meaning of rad and boss can be found at www.urbandictionarycom (http://www.urbandictionarycom) http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Noob.

Hoitash
04-23-2010, 04:04 PM
Uh, I'm an undergrad. Grad school is a year away.

tesral
04-23-2010, 10:40 PM

Dude, i'll add my groovy 45 collection to that.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-24-2010, 12:10 AM
Then i will raise you my 78's

tesral
04-24-2010, 02:32 AM
I have a few of those as well. Nothing to play them on mind you. My one turntable has a nasty AC hum and no 78 setting.

I did get rid of all the 8-tracks. Nasty format, the machines break easily and the tapes break more often.

I need to get that turntable fixed while I still can.

Hoitash
04-24-2010, 08:34 AM
As long as there is older technology, there will be someone, somewhere, who knows how to fix it. Which is good, because a few days ago I passed a farm with a rusty model T pickup in the barn. There's your greased lightnin'.

Oh, got some more grades back. Two A-'s, looks like my standing in the honors college will not go to "dropped." Which means I owe myself a bottle of Jonnie Walker red. One more grade to go, though.

tesral
04-24-2010, 11:50 AM
:cool: Someone heeds to rescue that old crate. Last week I took a ride in a Model T. Greenfield Village has Model T rides, and some of those cars are from 1914.

Well off to Breakfast. Got to get the day started.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-24-2010, 01:55 PM
Hm, breakfast is sounding good right about now.

I need to find something to do today. I know, i'll take the dog for a mountain hike. That should kill a few hours.

Never ridden a Model T before, or any car before the late 50's, for that matter. I have , however, been in a suped up CRX that went over 140. Yeah, i was the passenger and the thing was shaking like we were entering atmos. The aerodynamics were definitely not designed for that speed, no question; to be fair, i had no idea the driver would take it full speed. Just write that action off as a stupid human trick. Definitely blew my wisdom roll with that one. Yes, even immortals can fail their rolls from time to time.

traesin
04-24-2010, 04:42 PM
i just got up. slept like crap the last two days. I finally got a cord for my laptop. Trying to get motivated to do something.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-24-2010, 08:13 PM
Walked dog in mountains. Ran errands all day. About to eat a Chipotle burrito. Will watch two vampire movies i haven't ever seen.

traesin
04-24-2010, 10:12 PM
just woke up again. I've slept all day and I think I will sleep all night.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-25-2010, 12:09 AM
Sleep? What's sleep? Must be nice.

traesin
04-25-2010, 02:06 AM
it's that thing I rarely get. off to bed.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-25-2010, 08:10 AM
Just fed dog. Watch a vampire movie with Jack Palance in it, next.

Jame Rowe
04-25-2010, 08:16 AM
Listening to a well-used Yello CD and wishing I could remember the names of the bands I wanted to get CDs of.

traesin
04-25-2010, 10:44 AM
I'm up. got to go and pick up the neighbor from work. might watch a movie this morning.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-25-2010, 11:24 AM
Hm, Sundays can be kinda slow for me.

UURich
04-25-2010, 11:10 PM
Sleep? What's sleep? Must be nice.

Who needs sleep?
Well you're never gunna get it.
Who needs sleep?
Tell me what that's for!
Who needs sleep?
Well You're never gunna get it.
People have been awake since the Second World War.

Listening to the Sheryl Nome/Ranka Lee Fan Service Medley from "Macross Frontier". It's also the origin of my signature. I'm letting last.fm catalog a few of my song selections after getting the app off their site. Sleep will have to come soon.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-25-2010, 11:45 PM
[QUOTE=UURich;139521]Who needs sleep?
Who needs sleep?
Tell me what that's for!
Who needs sleep?

Listening to the Sheryl Nome/Ranka Lee Fan Service Medley from "Macross Frontier". It's also the origin of my signature. I'm letting last.fm catalog a few of my song selections after getting the app off their site. Sleep will have to come soon.

You've caught my attention and respect, UURich. Probable 1 in 10,000,000 are aware of the phenomenon you speak of.

UURich
04-26-2010, 12:08 AM
[QUOTE=UURich;139521]Who needs sleep?
Who needs sleep?
Tell me what that's for!
Who needs sleep?

You've caught my attention and respect, UURich. Probable 1 in 10,000,000 are aware of the phenomenon you speak of.

I'll admit that the lyrics are attributed to "Bare Naked Ladies" and the song is "Who Needs Sleep?". I will Intern at the VA Medical Center this summer so the song reverberates a little more than it would previously. Those threads are a legacy for many veterans, of any generation and I can't say that I haven't been there myself.

traesin
04-26-2010, 02:33 AM
i'm at work. got called in to work tonight. I'm not tired for the first time in days. watching ghost stories on tv.

TaiRei
04-26-2010, 02:56 AM
Watching Roswell, the teen drama from days bygone. Lying in bed, will probably be up in a few hours running out for breakfast. Can't decide whether I want restaurant food or fast food.

Logicmage
04-26-2010, 07:28 AM
Just go home from work and having breakfast and watching the History channel in Wolcott, CT

traesin
04-26-2010, 08:05 AM
Just go home from work and having breakfast and watching the History channel in Wolcott, CT

love that channel. Almost done for the night. a small nap then off to the other job.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-26-2010, 08:37 AM
Don't get scared, traesin.

Currently going through email. Big paper writing day for me.

tesral
04-26-2010, 09:09 AM
Yet another day. Working on the map for the Starbase 600 game.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-26-2010, 09:13 AM
Yet another day. Working on the map for the Starbase 600 game.

What's Starbase 600?

tesral
04-26-2010, 09:24 AM
What's Starbase 600?

Starbase 600. (http://trekcreative.wikia.com/wiki/Starbase_600_game)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-26-2010, 10:05 AM
Doesn't really say much about it. I take it you're running a Starbase 600 play-by email game?

Hoitash
04-26-2010, 12:49 PM
Sorting through my coin collection, tossing the junk and adding it to my coinstar change. I'm up to $25 dollars now. And while my last grade isn't in yet, I do know I have a B+ since I got the grade for my final- an A- but not as many points as I'd've needed before those two unexpected A-'s. So long story short: yay. I'll get the scotch tomorrow.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-26-2010, 03:07 PM
At school, doing homework, and periodically being disconnected from the net. So discombobulating!

Sascha
04-26-2010, 05:19 PM
Home again. Debating whether to make a snack, or wait for the roommate and decide what dinner will be. Legs are hurty today.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-26-2010, 06:59 PM
Okay, took 2 hours off due to net issues at school. Now I'm back and i have 4 hours to complete everything - Yikes!

Hoitash
04-26-2010, 08:41 PM
Godspeed, my fellow student, we've all been there at one time or another. I mentioned the story of my color ink cartridge dying and having to use the library the night before the paper was due because my printer refused to print, right? Yeah, thought so. Got a B- on the dumb thing, revised it to an A-, kinda.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-26-2010, 09:19 PM
Thanks, Hoitash. I just finished my rough draft on the elements of negligent torts. Exiting stuff...no really, i'm serious.

Damn fine paper, of you ask me.

Here's one for you. I had to turn in a paper 12 hours late due to being in the emergency room. Did i get a break? No! I lost 20% on my paper. Sucked to be me. Ordinarily i wouldn't be too bothered, but my final is worth 25% of my grade, and i am currently running a 93.5% in the class. The "A" will be close. Watch me get an 89% in the class. Oh, wont that suck.

Hoitash
04-26-2010, 09:37 PM
This last class I should get an 89.56%. The professor may round it to an A-; I've had it happen before.

I'd say this won't be a problem once I graduate, but between my Masters and my PhD, I'm looking at five more years at least, including two theses and a dissertation. and somewhere in there I better find a real job. Yay growing up...

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-26-2010, 10:38 PM
Hopefully he will. I once had a calculus class where i recieved an 89.48 (I'll never forget this). The professor would NOT round it up. So sucked!

UURich
04-26-2010, 11:53 PM
Just got home from watching two hockey games and having a little post-class discussion with six other students. Semester is starting to wind down with only about three weeks left to go. After that, it's right into my Internship. This is neverending now that I'm at the end of my second year.

traesin
04-27-2010, 02:10 AM
better to do it now than wait. I'm trying to go to school while working 56 hrs per week.

So I'm at work again. watching a show on the Black Death.

tesral
04-27-2010, 06:55 AM
Doesn't really say much about it. I take it you're running a Starbase 600 play-by email game?

Ayup. There is lots of information i nthe wikki at large. You cannot really explain it in one file. The game has been running over a decade.

Well I dropped said friend off at the airport, he will be heading back to Spokane today. I have chilli to make for the MDLUG party at Penguicon.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-27-2010, 10:15 AM
Body waking up...thanks excedrin. Then it's off to school to begin writing my final paper.

Sascha
04-27-2010, 12:17 PM
Finished the kanji journal entries due today; my fingers hurt from all the writing now :P Taking a little rest before heading out to class.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-27-2010, 02:45 PM
Sitting at the library perusing emails, then it's on to the final.

UURich
04-27-2010, 06:51 PM
Home from the dentist and trying not to eat anything for another hour or two. May have to play some Mount & Blade or Sins of a Solar Empire to kill the time.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-27-2010, 07:01 PM
Just got back from walking the dog on a mountain trail. It's been years since i came across a bear. It's just a matter of time.

Hoitash
04-27-2010, 07:12 PM
Waitiing to hear back from my boss about that job is seriosuly starting to strain my sanity. And by now there's not much left.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-27-2010, 08:05 PM
Best of luck to you, Hoitash.

Hoitash
04-27-2010, 08:41 PM
Thanks. Could someone hack a mac at the Eastern Echo for me? He might have a list or something.

tesral
04-27-2010, 09:26 PM
Well Jay was successfully flung through the sky in a metal tube. He landed safe in Spokane about 4 my time.

I'm currently looking about geting to bed. Long day.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-27-2010, 10:12 PM
Just watched Descent II. It wasn't bad, and it was set up for a part III. A definitely better than average Underdark story.

UURich
04-27-2010, 11:46 PM
I am now listening to the latest All Games Considered episode while looking through a few documents and reading the Turabian book about how to compose essays and books. I'm actively thinking about composing a modern warfare book for Palladium or an OpenD6 swashbuckling book.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-27-2010, 11:49 PM
Tired. Time for reverie.

templeorder
04-28-2010, 12:16 AM
Updating my blog on PnP... finished watching Avatar on blue-ray - not quite as good as 3D imax.

traesin
04-28-2010, 02:59 AM
at work. had a really intense dream today. weird. watching deadliest warrior. Attila vs Alexander winner is.... Attila.

TaiRei
04-28-2010, 05:13 AM
Lying in bed wondering why I woke up at 3 in the morning. So I post and surf till I get tired again. I have a calculus test tonight. Blargh.

UURich
04-28-2010, 07:02 AM
Just woke up after going to bed at 2am. It's a total of about 4 hours and I'll be interning tonight until late. This will be a long long day for me too.

Hoitash
04-28-2010, 08:56 AM
I didn't get the job. Apparently three years of dedicated service and timely column submissions doesn't count for much these days. I knew finding a job would be tough, but I'm trying to save for graduate school people, PhD's aren't cheap.

tesral
04-28-2010, 10:30 PM
Last batch of PengiCon chili does. Once that is frozen down I am done.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-28-2010, 10:34 PM
Watching The Next Generation. Why? I dunno.

Hoitash
04-28-2010, 10:53 PM
Because you can. Because someone, somewhere, believed in the science fiction genre, and they took that dream, and made it a reality.

If the cost wasn't my soul, I'd run for political office.

tesral
04-28-2010, 11:08 PM
You and me both. It is a true shame that the very nature of the political process drives off those we need and attracts the worse kind. Indeed I believe that anyone capable of getting elected president should on no account be allowed to serve in the office.

Sascha
04-28-2010, 11:13 PM
Doing a small happy dance. My history final has no essay portion, just matching. My Shakespeare class has the option of the 5-page essay *or* the final exam. Little to no essay writing, hooray~! (Intense dislike of writing essays. That is, formal, academic essays; I don't mind a much more casual essay, as I seem to write them easily as blog entries. Le sigh.)

Hoitash
04-28-2010, 11:22 PM
One thing they don't tell history majors is that writing formal papers is A:

A favorite of your profs, who love essay exams, and B:

The thing your going to be doing if you don't teach or dust bookshelves in an archive. Fortunately for me my love of writing transcends genre. I'll probably make my honors thesis a book.

This is a lesson for all Undeclared majors out there: Get the facts upfront, because 300 level classes are HARD. I've taken... eight of them, and gotten a single A due to an easy course, two B's, a B+, and the rest were A-'s. Okay, I'm rambling, time for bed.

Sascha
04-29-2010, 12:01 AM
I think, for me, it's just the social science papers that annoy. It's easier (read: more fun) to write about genetics patterns in populations, than to write about cultural beliefs. Or history. Or comparative analysis of Shakespeare's plays (which I can do, but 5 pages is a bit much, heh).

Unfortunately, Physical Anthropology is still Anthropology, so I'm stuck with the liberal arts college a while longer :P

traesin
04-29-2010, 01:46 AM
I couls write history papers all day long. LOVE history. did I metion I like history alot.

So they decided to work on the apt. below me again today. They didn't finish till after 6pm. so not a lot of sleep today. ugh.

TaiRei
04-29-2010, 03:07 AM
Had my calculus exam today. Went well I think. Only took 2 hours instead of the full 3 we were allotted. Then had dinner with my friends at Shari's and hung out until around 9:30 or so. Was going to start up my homewerkz for the week but I had an annoying phone call in the form of my parents lecturing me about acting more my age. They don't like the fact that I wear gaming-centric message t-shirts and possibly sacrilegious shirts (Penny Arcade, a gaming website sells some shirts. They've had Jesus in their comics usually as a laid back messiah that plays video games with the two guys that write the strip.So I bought a couple, and yes, they might be considered sacrilegious but only to stick in the muds who have no sense of humor.). I responded with the usual, I'll wear what I damn well please thank you, I'm a gamer and I like to celebrate my culture so back off. And this leads to a nice two hour long argument.

Which drained all my energy for the night and now I can't do my homework because I'm still a little cheesed.

Going to try and get some sleep. Maybe I'll feel better in the morning. Have to stuff all my work into one day for the week. Not going to appreciate this.

UURich
04-29-2010, 07:33 AM
Writing a paper this morning at a coffee shop otherwise I'd have too many distractions at home. I have heaps of books around me on a small table and my netbook is pumping out heat. Thank goodness for my extended life battery also performs as a lift.

tesral
04-29-2010, 10:36 AM
I responded with the usual, I'll wear what I damn well please thank you, I'm a gamer and I like to celebrate my culture so back off. And this leads to a nice two hour long argument.

You're not going to change them. You're best bet is to steer conversations away from the subject, or simply not argue.

Writing a paper this morning at a coffee shop otherwise I'd have too many distractions at home. I have heaps of books around me on a small table and my netbook is pumping out heat. Thank goodness for my extended life battery also performs as a lift.

Oh UGH! Major typing on a netbook? My hands hurt thinking about that. Laptops are bad enough.

templeorder
04-29-2010, 10:49 AM
Working from home, waiting for appliance repair people

UURich
04-29-2010, 05:19 PM
Oh UGH! Major typing on a netbook? My hands hurt thinking about that. Laptops are bad enough.

I wrote a paper on "Early Christian Narratives in Ireland" on my netbook while riding on Amtrak between Minneapolis and Chicago last spring. It was seven hours from start to finish. My military experience taught me how to type on machines that are pretty small for a pretty long time and I type on it in my classroom at the Seminary for six hours, three days a week so I'm more than used to it.

I'm now at home after getting home from my friend's place where he has one of those WoW ergonomic gaming keyboards. I don't get it. I might get some gaming in but I have my U.S. Navy Application to finish and another cat or two to herd.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-29-2010, 05:24 PM
Watcing Holmes on Homes. Just scheduled my Vette to get its antenna mast replaced. It only lasted 4 years. Damn, Chevy makes crap parts. Heck, my Honda Del Sol's electric antenna still works 17 years later... you just can't break 'em.

tesral
04-30-2010, 12:37 AM
I wrote a paper on "Early Christian Narratives in Ireland" on my netbook while riding on Amtrak between Minneapolis and Chicago last spring. It was seven hours from start to finish. My military experience taught me how to type on machines that are pretty small for a pretty long time and I type on it in my classroom at the Seminary for six hours, three days a week so I'm more than used to it.

I'm now at home after getting home from my friend's place where he has one of those WoW ergonomic gaming keyboards. I don't get it. I might get some gaming in but I have my U.S. Navy Application to finish and another cat or two to herd.

I use ergonomic keyboards as a matter of habit. I'm an over sized Dwarf. 6 foot tall and 3 feet wide. Most keyboards are too small.

Watcing Holmes on Homes. Just scheduled my Vette to get its antenna mast replaced. It only lasted 4 years. Damn, Chevy makes crap parts. Heck, my Honda Del Sol's electric antenna still works 17 years later... you just can't break 'em.

Not fond of Chevy myself. Mr. Holmes is my kind of guy.

traesin
04-30-2010, 01:27 AM
Well it's my friday. I'm at work. Was nice today and took one of my adopted Mom's around town a bit. She doesn't drive and her real kids treat her like crap. Had to chase one of my cats off the roof of my apt. Treats are great for that. Took back a genuine hp charger for my latop. I bought it last friday and it broke. I'm running on a generic one right now. got to make sure my character is updated. Game is tonight instead of Sunday.

TaiRei
04-30-2010, 03:07 AM
Typing up a scenario just in case I'll be running the game tonight. Though if the whole gang is showing up, I'm pretty sure our fearless leader has something planned. Or somebody else will. It's always good with a group of people that are all really good at GM'ing that you have a quickie one-shot to run.

Have to make sure I send out my Netflix dvd today, I'll probably get on it when I head out for breakfast at Shari's at some ungodly early hour like I do every week. Watching V for Vendetta tonight. Getting Surrogates next.

Watching Drunken Master on Instant Play right now, while typing away at my one-shot.

What else? Not much. Got my tickets for w00tstock tonight. May 8th at the Aladdin Theater. Wil Wheaton, Adam Savage and Paul & Storm. Oh yeah. 3 hours of geek.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-30-2010, 07:56 AM
Just found out that my credit card company has begun charging me $46.31 a month, beginning last month, for no reason. Gotta call them today to find out why. Heck, i don't even have a balance... my account is at zero.

tesral
04-30-2010, 08:42 AM
Getting ready for Penguicon 7. I shall cruise down there a little later and start enjoying the meet and greet.

traesin
04-30-2010, 08:58 AM
Almost out of here. Watched BBC's Robin Hood. I peaked at the next season and the kill off Marian. What's up with that? pfft. I guess I just won't watch the whole next season. The third season looks even cheesier. no wonder it got axed. People don't you know you got to follow the generally storyline and don't replace 2/3rds of the cast. Sigh. I hope the new movie is good. yea I admit it, I love the Robin Hood stories. Also King Arthur, Zorro and Swamp Fox. What can I say? I'm Chaotic Good by nature.

Nice to see someone was working on a short-run Adverture. I got one in mind but have been to tired to write it up.

tesral
04-30-2010, 11:42 AM
I'm tired of Aurthur. Everybody dies.

Hoitash
04-30-2010, 11:52 AM
Cept Percival. Well, at least in Excalibur.

Good movie, that and A New Hope made my Lit class worth it. Well, the A helped. Still a waste of a minor, though marginally usefull if I can teach a sci-fi lit course some day.

UURich
05-02-2010, 07:22 AM
Jusr got done importing the Cowboy Bebop Four-Disc Box Set to iTunes because I sunk five hours into Beat Hazard on my PC yesterday. It was a $10 foray through Steam that uses your own music (ala Audiosurf) to determine the output of your blasters and how many enemy ships to throw at you.

My Billboard Top 100 of the 80's collection and Minibosses albums that they sent me while I was in Bosnia got a workout and TANK! The Best got some attention.

I'll play another thirty minutes and then I have to finish my curriculum for my class next weekend. No other papers due this week. Two seven-page papers due next week though.

traesin
05-02-2010, 09:48 AM
Well I actually up and showered. I got a crap load of things to do today. 3 mothers day cards to make, crickets to get, apt to clean, tarp t put up, resumes to send out, and work on a game to run next Sunday. Oh and the usual cat herding.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-02-2010, 10:04 AM
Resumes to send out? Looking for a change?

Sascha
05-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Cat woke me up again, and is now currently sitting on me.

Jusr got done importing the Cowboy Bebop Four-Disc Box Set to iTunes because I sunk five hours into Beat Hazard on my PC yesterday. It was a $10 foray through Steam that uses your own music (ala Audiosurf) to determine the output of your blasters and how many enemy ships to throw at you.

My Billboard Top 100 of the 80's collection and Minibosses albums that they sent me while I was in Bosnia got a workout and TANK! The Best got some attention.
<3<3 the Bebop soundtrack~ We were talking about it last night (after we realized we weren't going to get any gaming done, heh).

traesin
05-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Resumes to send out? Looking for a change?

trying to get a job in my field while I'm going to school.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-02-2010, 12:26 PM
Best of luck to you.

UURich
05-02-2010, 12:40 PM
<3<3 the Bebop soundtrack~ We were talking about it last night (after we realized we weren't going to get any gaming done, heh).

You know it's bad when you look at last.fm and see than you have 20x more listens of Yoko Kanno than almost anything else other than Glee Soundtrack stuff. The Cowboy Bebop Special Edition Soundtrack kept me alive in Bosnia until I sent a fan email to the minibosses and got a personal replay for my APO box. Now I run 2-4 miles a few times a week to a mix of Bebop, Macross Frontier, Glee and rockabilly.

Gibson8088
05-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Let's see... what am I doing right now? Finishing off a Monster energy drink, fighting allergies and contemplating jumping into a game of Borderlands.

Sascha
05-02-2010, 04:32 PM
Now I run 2-4 miles a few times a week to a mix of Bebop, Macross Frontier, Glee and rockabilly.
I'm not the only fan of rockabilly, either, wuwu~!

traesin
05-02-2010, 05:19 PM
i hate migraines.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Sucking down a Chiplotle extra hot sauce burrito, mmm.

Yep, meesa gotta headache, too, traesin. Definitely, nooo fun.

traesin
05-02-2010, 07:41 PM
kinda ruined my day. the only thing that gets rid if them is sleep. my head is nowdown to a dull roar. i still want to curl up and cry though.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Mine still keeping me company, as well. No fun.

traesin
05-02-2010, 10:51 PM
well it's almost 9pm and all i got done was putting up the new tarp and herding the cats off the roof. Neighbor just got home and I went over to get some Excedrin for my head (and some fruit snacks). been on the couch all day and it sucked. did watch most of "Rio Bravo". may finish here in a few mins. it doesn't require a lot of thought and it's not an intense movie with lots of visual effects. Can't tell if I'm hungry or just nauseous. thus the fruit snacks. man this sucks.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-02-2010, 11:59 PM
Hm, still battling a headache. Thinking about watching some more Netflix. Got a big day tomorrow.

TaiRei
05-03-2010, 02:35 AM
Posted my peer review draft essay for writing class tonight, need to hook up with someone else and do a peer review for them to. Just listening to my Shadowrun playlist. Candle Nine is an awesome group.

Gonna watch Clerks 2 and head to bed I think.

traesin
05-03-2010, 09:37 AM
headache gone! Rain storm came though. Now it's off to work. Will have to fix the tarp when I get home, but at least the rain will keep the cats off the roof.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-03-2010, 11:00 AM
Reading through emails, then it's off to school to finish my final. At this very moment i am eating grits, and drinking an energy drink thats chasing some excedrin.

tesral
05-04-2010, 12:38 AM
Surfacing from the Con. Good Con, lots of fun. I'm feeling a bit crunched right now.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-04-2010, 07:15 AM
Have a Con in May, cant wait. Just reading though my emails at this moment.

traesin
05-04-2010, 08:08 AM
You want to come to my con Thoth? :eyebrows:

Almost done with my shift at work. What a night. One client was being REALLY whiny. The night went by quick though.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-04-2010, 09:13 AM
Tempting.

I'm getting ready to head to my local library to begin my Economics course. 2 Chapters to read, then 2 essays to write, oh joy!

Hoitash
05-04-2010, 09:19 AM
All I wanted was to come hom for the summer one last time before I get a twelve month lease. And then my Dad decided to get serious aobut the neighbor.

She hacked his tree, which sort of extended over the property line. On the bright side, finally meeting that girl for coffee again.

She still has a boyfriend. She knows his parents so it must be somewhat serious. If I wanted to date I'd shave my mustache.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-04-2010, 10:24 AM
Hoitash,

Follow Clints advice in the movie in Gran Torino: If she's worth it, then make whatever effort is necessary to woo her.

Girls love confidence. I remember a few years back where this drop-dead beauty was talking with three guys at some restaurant. My buddy's wife (Me, my buddy, and his wife were talking about beginning a business) made a joke about how i missed my opportunity with the aforementioned beauty. I laughed, walked right up to her, introduced myself, then began a conversation. Her and the three guys were surprised, but in the end, i led her away from and we spent the rest of the evening together. We dated for quite some time after that. I almost married this gal.

Funny thing was, those three guys were giving me death looks the rest of the night, which, i guess, was to be expected. LOL

Hoitash
05-04-2010, 10:30 AM
For now friendship is enough, besides I think she values it as much as I do.

Besides it took me three years to meet this one, so I figure in two years I'll meet a single girl :)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-04-2010, 10:47 AM
No worries.

Currently, i'm sitting alone in the library reading chapter 1 in my economics textbook. Why, oh why, can't they spice it up a bit with say... some pics of nice looking ladies. Ah well, i guess i am ahead of my time.

Sascha
05-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Last lecture in my Human Origins and Variations class. We discussed nutritional issues (largely body weight), and how Barbie dolls stack up to real data. (Hint: Not well. Or, in fact, at all. :P Ken fared slightly better.)

UURich
05-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Home from running around. Signed my contract because I'm officially a student intern with New Spirit UCC in Savage, MN. I will preach a few sermons and lead the middle school Sunday School in a multi-faith program of my own design. Christian, Buddhist, Unitarian, Wiccan and many other denominations will all be pulled together.

I also got fingerprinted by the VA Medical Center in Bloomington for their Chaplain Intern (CPE) program this summer. It's all electronic, no ink with 12-point matching. It was pretty damn sweet and I came up with no matches in their database which is always a plus.

Hoitash
05-04-2010, 08:05 PM
So if people accuse you of being preachy you have a good reason, neat.

I got some work this summer, but not much. Gives me more time to write at least. If only I had money for postage.

tesral
05-05-2010, 12:44 AM
Funny thing was, those three guys were giving me death looks the rest of the night, which, i guess, was to be expected. LOL

He that dares, wins. In fact the very thing that got you the girl is the reason studies have shown that girls go for the bad boy. He has confidence, even if it is the confidence of the total asstard.

Last lecture in my Human Origins and Variations class. We discussed nutritional issues (largely body weight), and how Barbie dolls stack up to real data. (Hint: Not well. Or, in fact, at all. :P Ken fared slightly better.)

Barbie was built to get the clothes on and off of her. Her features are exaggerated. Funny thing but attempts to market dolls with more realistic features do not work as well.

Meanwhile I sit in the Sanctum and type. My big old kitty boy curled up on the chair beside me. Another day, and not much done.

traesin
05-05-2010, 01:47 AM
Barbie was built to get the clothes on and off of her. Her features are exaggerated. Funny thing but attempts to market dolls with more realistic features do not work as well.

If that was the case, why was it so hard to put clothes on the darn thing.

"Currently, i'm sitting alone in the library reading chapter 1 in my economics textbook. Why, oh why, can't they spice it up a bit with say... some pics of nice looking ladies. Ah well, i guess i am ahead of my time. "

just stick a couple of the pics of me in between the pages.

Ah. another day at work. so far so good. It's Stars Wars day. May the Fourth be with you.

Hoitash
05-05-2010, 10:30 AM
That. Was. Terrible.

Really, a kitten just died for a pun that bad. Fortunately one was born for its cleverness. Ah, the circle of life.

Right now, thinking about why my computer restarts when I accidently kick the power strip, and waiting for an Amazon buyback gft card to buy a new Writer's Market (mine is from 2006) among other things.

Sascha
05-05-2010, 10:42 AM
Sort of. The original design was based off a German doll (sold to/for adult men, as gag gifts), itself based on a German comic strip character. Lilli became popular with children, but they weren't the target market initially. Given that (and that Barbie's design still isn't much different), I'd say the design isn't intended for the ease of changing the doll's clothes, despite the ability.

The point of the exercise was to demonstrate the connection between culture and biology, and the potentially harmful effects of malnutrition (in this case, being underweight). The popular forms of beauty in modern culture skew towards a fat/thin binary descriptor, while ignoring the real data of human body proportions. And cultural pressures can override biological drives, such as eating, in pursuit of an (unobtainable) ideal.

traesin
05-06-2010, 02:05 AM
So at Michael's today, the new so-called assitant manager tried to tell me how to do my job. Yea. that didn't go over well. She is now on my s- list. That's not a good place to be. We will soo how it goes Sat.

Blydden
05-06-2010, 03:39 AM
Watching the...109th episode of Bleach. Too many Bleach episodes!

Soft Serve
05-06-2010, 01:19 PM
Not work anymore computerizing it up with the internet all modern-like and what-not.

tesral
05-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Having a day. Not much else to say.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Working on some econ hw.

Sascha
05-06-2010, 03:39 PM
Watching The Powerpuff Girls, season 1.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-06-2010, 07:05 PM
Catching up on emails, then it's back to the books.

traesin
05-07-2010, 01:42 AM
it's my Friday. Witch-Queen wasn't in today. talked to manager about her. got total support from him. Right now got a client up. thank God it's Friday.

Soft Serve
05-07-2010, 08:23 PM
The damn Incans moved onto the continent I was so happy about having all to myself...despite it being mostly Tundra with very little coastal resources. It was easy enough to defend...

Stupid scientists didn't research Optics quick enough and with me being so slow to oceanic travel the rest of the world already found, and loved, and traded with Huayna Capac so when I went to war the entire world was against me...Stupid cultural flipping....You can stack up multiple machine guns, and soldiers, and planes and bombers, attack choppers. Even nuclear weapons...None of it helps against an army of stupid people with the power of free will.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-07-2010, 08:34 PM
Trying to find a hard-to-get book.

Morcant
05-07-2010, 09:16 PM
I'm watching sports on TV.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-07-2010, 10:42 PM
Finding it interesting, thought not surprising, that one can de-baptise oneself: http://www.expatica.com/de/lifestyle_leisure/lifestyle/Following-atheist-trend_-Britons-seek-_de_baptism_-_14067.html?ppager=0

traesin
05-08-2010, 12:07 AM
temporarily up. was nice and took neighbor to work. couldn't sleep today. ugh. off to dream land now.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-08-2010, 12:22 AM
Watching Wanted. Someone needs to tell Angela Jolie to eat something.

tesral
05-08-2010, 01:52 AM
Finding it interesting, thought not surprising, that one can de-baptise oneself:

That is taking religion entirely too seriously. A form over function failure.

Watching Wanted. Someone needs to tell Angela Jolie to eat something.

Being undead yourself I thought you might like the basic skeletal look.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Just watched The Civilization of Maxwell Bright. Actually, surprisingly good.

Sascha
05-08-2010, 11:16 AM
Waking up, thinking about breakfast. And laundry. (Hopefully the two concepts won't be combined in my still-asleep brain.)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Just watched a little SouthPark. Trying to decide which mp3 player to purchase. Thinking about getting one from Honk Kong or Korea. They have some pretty cool models. What i'd really like is an AM feature and wi-fi, but those two features are pretty rare. No, don't want I-crap!

tesral
05-08-2010, 10:38 PM
Thinking about going to bed, again. Waiting on laundry. Scritching my cat.

Two projects this week. Build my sword plaque, finish decaling the USS Kongo.

traesin
05-09-2010, 12:14 AM
just got home. worked then stopped by one of my Mom's and dropped off Mother's day gift. It made her day. Still need to make 2 maps for game. probably not tonight. Nothing like waiting till the last minute.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-09-2010, 01:40 AM
Just watched Marked for Death. Going to bed now.

tesral
05-09-2010, 05:30 AM
Up early. Might as well get things started I want started.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-09-2010, 08:59 AM
Fed dog, now i'm going through emails.

Soft Serve
05-09-2010, 01:31 PM
Transcending Sleep and Spatial Awareness.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-09-2010, 02:21 PM
Just watched an episode of Firefly.

Talmek
05-09-2010, 02:35 PM
I am currently working on my campaign's adventure log in one IE tab, and reading/writing in this forum on another. It's been a long time since I was able to get into gaming, but I'm really happy I got a group together (and to think, it only took two years!)

I'm on my laptop in my dining room, enjoying the sound of my toddler arguing with my wife :D

A fun day so far.

Sascha
05-09-2010, 03:18 PM
Home now from taking in a movie with mom. I'm still debating whether this Stan Lee cameo or the one in the first Iron Man is the better one; leaning pretty heavily towards this one. (Somewhat less Scarlett Johansson than I expected, but can't say it was disappointing ^_^)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Just watched another episode of Firefly. Noticed that the ending on this one from Roku was cut different than the one i have on dvd.

traesin
05-10-2010, 01:36 AM
i gamed today, so it was a good day.

UURich
05-10-2010, 02:14 AM
Well, it's after 2a.m. local and I'm still awake. I finished working on my second paper of the weekend over four hours ago and it's getting annoying that I'm still awake. I left computer games (Civ IV, Beat Hazard) alone over an hour ago and started daydreaming about a visitation to the Tsubaki Grand Shrine in Washington State this summer or early fall.

So right now I am staring at my "* and Harry Potter" books. Throw in whatever faith tradition you like for the wildcard. I got them for Winter Solstice last year. I may look at one of those in the hopes that sleep comes in the next 45 minutes. My alarm is due to go off in 3 and a half hours.

tesral
05-10-2010, 06:51 AM
Have a day. I'm having one right now.

UURich
05-10-2010, 07:30 AM
Have a day. I'm having one right now.

I will try by best. Got under four hours of sleep to find out that Lena Horne has passed away. I have to gather my books and head out to school soon and finish my first eight-page paper of the week. There is another behind it.

traesin
05-10-2010, 09:37 AM
getting ready to leave for work. Set my alarm for PM instead of AM. good thing I woke up at all.

tesral
05-10-2010, 10:13 AM
Still having a day over here. Working on the maps for the Trek game. Scarfing some food. Downloading openSUSE 11.2 from what has to be the slowest server on the web. With my luck it will fail the checksum test meaning I have to do it again.

Soft Serve
05-10-2010, 11:03 AM
getting ready to leave for work. Set my alarm for PM instead of AM. good thing I woke up at all.

Nothing Alarms the Punchmaster.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-10-2010, 11:46 AM
Just found out i received a "A" in my Business Law class.

Have to write an Business Economics paper and get it turned in by 9pm tonight.

Hoitash
05-10-2010, 12:11 PM
Congrats on the A. Hope your doing better than I am, I haven't gotten more than one A a semester for a while now.

My Honors Thesis shall be captioned "Perseverence meets stupidity mixed with Johnnie Walker."

traesin
05-10-2010, 03:33 PM
getting really for bed. watching Rio Bravo. I did get my desk cleaned off finally.

Blydden
05-11-2010, 09:02 AM
I am freezing. Why does it have to be so cold in the mornings? Brrrr.....

WILL WORK FOR WARMTH.

...Warmth pl0x0rs?

tesral
05-11-2010, 09:16 AM
Trying to get a lunch date.

Sascha
05-11-2010, 10:48 AM
Perused an article on the Supreme Court hooplah, then read the comments. All the comments.

Why, oh why, did I read the comments?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-11-2010, 11:19 AM
Going to see Iron Man II today.

At this very moment? Making coffee and reading emails.

Sascha
05-11-2010, 01:17 PM
Re: Iron Man - Sam Rockwell is fantastic~

Half an hour til my first final of the week.

tesral
05-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Housework Hell. Second load of laundry, second load of dishes.

Hoitash
05-11-2010, 02:35 PM
I hate dishes. I refuse to do them every day simply because if I had to, I would kill myself.

That's one reason I've avoided the fast-food industry for emplyoment. That and like almost all other fields, they won't hire me, either.

tesral
05-11-2010, 03:17 PM
The joy of home ownership. If I don't do it, it doesn't get done.

traesin
05-12-2010, 01:09 AM
i'm at work. really tired. didn't sleep well. might have to make coffee tonight.

Sascha
05-12-2010, 09:30 AM
Two finals today. So close to being done with this semester~

Soft Serve
05-12-2010, 10:09 AM
The joy of home ownership. If I don't do it, it doesn't get done.

The joy of living with lazy parents. If I don't do it, neither do they.

I imagine their trash is overflowing on their back porch while they constantly have to drive to Wal-Mart to buy paper plate cause they can't figure out how to clean the real ones. They must get lost on the way to their cars through the jungle that became their front yard after I moved and no one was around to cut it...

I expect a phone call soon full of broken pride and tears going something along the lines of "PLEASE MOVE BACK AND CLEAN EVERYTHING! PLEASE!!!!"

tesral
05-12-2010, 02:49 PM
Dude, my Dad bought a power mower the week after I moved out. The old heavy, uselessly dull push mower was not an issue as long as I pushed it.

Soft Serve
05-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Dude, my Dad bought a power mower the week after I moved out. The old heavy, uselessly dull push mower was not an issue as long as I pushed it.

My parents did the same but I moved back in and they expected me to use it more often like it was an act of charity... Except Power Mower in this case means Riding mower cause they got a bigger house.

Arkhemedes
05-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Planning my itinerary for a two week trip to Egypt in November and a cruise down the Nile River. Yep. Life is rough.

Sascha
05-12-2010, 10:21 PM
Watching The Powerpuff Girls, Season 3. "Bubblevision," I do believe, is my favorite episode; well, that and "Los Dos Mojos."

Planning my itinerary for a two week trip to Egypt in November and a cruise down the Nile River. Yep. Life is rough.
Just don't fall into any hippo-infested waters :P

templeorder
05-12-2010, 11:51 PM
Seattle, WA, updating my campaign materials online, seeing if theres worthy conversations to add to on the PnPG forums

tesral
05-12-2010, 11:55 PM
Just don't fall into any hippo-infested waters :P

Yes, keep you head about you and deny nothing. We don't want you lost in denial.

traesin
05-13-2010, 01:08 AM
oh that's bad....

I used a push mover that had power drive that didn't work. after I moved out, Dad bought a brand new mover.

Bring me somthing back from Egypt. Are you going to see your mummy?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-13-2010, 09:51 AM
Looking for the Quotes that resonate thread and wondering why i am not getting pnpg emails sent to me anymore.

Robperez
05-13-2010, 10:54 AM
Looking for a new set of dice and some books.

Sascha
05-13-2010, 10:59 AM
Five hours before my last 20 minutes of test. Cheers for matching-question history tests~

Looking for the Quotes that resonate thread and wondering why i am not getting pnpg emails sent to me anymore.
Happened to me once; the mail service flagged them as spam. Have you checked there?

UURich
05-13-2010, 04:18 PM
Just got done watching an hour of Dwarf Fortress videos on YouTube and my friends are trying to talk me into a community game. Too little time with everything else going on. My finals are next week and then I'll have one weekend to party hard before I start at the VAMC.

Also grading English assignments on LiveMocha, community-based language learning. I wrote critiques of the assignments or record responses to spoken words. It's a good time and something for me to really do once my current internship is over where I've been teaching English as a Second Language for four months.

Sascha
05-13-2010, 06:00 PM
Finals are officially over for the semester~

Watching the Indiana Jones saga now.

traesin
05-14-2010, 03:48 AM
last day for the week. the net here has been crashing on and off all night. it's going to be a long night.

Arkhemedes
05-14-2010, 07:49 AM
Bring me somthing back from Egypt. Are you going to see your mummy?

Actually, I'm taking my mummy with me. Hopefully she doesn't get mixed up with the ones there and I bring the right one home.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-14-2010, 07:54 AM
Sascha,

Yep, but nope... not the problem. I went into my account and just confirmed everything again, and now things are fine again.

I have a fun-filled day of reading and doing economics homework.

Sascha
05-14-2010, 03:33 PM
Enjoying summer break. Have plans sometime today with my dad, and gaming tomorrow, but no getting up before I'm awake, wuwu~!

traesin
05-14-2010, 03:37 PM
I'm going to meet my older sister. She needs my discount for some stuff. then back to sleep. I love Fridays.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-14-2010, 04:45 PM
Watching Caribbean cops

Robperez
05-14-2010, 05:02 PM
watching gladiator in blu ray

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-14-2010, 06:14 PM
watching seinfeld

tesral
05-14-2010, 09:54 PM
Got back from Friday gaming.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-14-2010, 11:44 PM
The Arch-Lich must take his magickal death pills entitled, hydroconius lichicus.

Only another immortal would know of what i speak, tesral being one of them.

Sascha
05-15-2010, 12:49 AM
Watching Monk, starting from the beginning.

traesin
05-15-2010, 05:39 AM
I just woke up....12 hours later. I think I was tired. ah well back to bed.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-15-2010, 08:18 AM
Reading a raja yoga book

Soft Serve
05-15-2010, 08:22 AM
Reading a raja yoga book

Is that like a Karma Sutra?

tesral
05-15-2010, 12:59 PM
The Arch-Lich must take his magickal death pills entitled, hydroconius lichicus.

Only another immortal would know of what i speak, tesral being one of them.

I don't do pills. Clean living, and an occasional fiery reboot.

traesin
05-17-2010, 01:02 AM
just got home from game. it was awesome. I should had died, but I'm not really alive. it's great! Ah yes the twisted mind of Mark and Chase. love it

tesral
05-17-2010, 07:14 AM
Morning...good is under advisement.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-17-2010, 07:53 AM
Going through emails and considering going to see Robin Hood before writing a paper due at 9pm.

traesin
05-17-2010, 09:39 AM
Oh I loved Robin Hood. it was awesome. I might go see it again this weekend.

Getting ready for work. it's time for my Monday whine. "I don't want to go to work." okay I feel better. I stayed up way to late reading. man I'm going to pay for it this morning. thankfully everone at work is used to seeing me tired. It's been so long since I have been fully awake at work that I'd scare them if i was.

Hoitash
05-17-2010, 09:45 AM
Thinking about this game that might get started, but we need another player. Also annoyingly awaiting the acceptance of my application for a University Apartment- I hope.

And considering going into the antique book business. Apparently my stupidity knows no bounds. Oh and I gotta get another Dsicworld book cuz I finished The Light Fantastic, and maybe send out some short stories, and then I'll hit myself for rambling on the internet again. But now I go shave, then I'll buy replacement heads for it online, since the model is no longer sold in stores.

tesral
05-17-2010, 09:52 AM
Writting the steampunk version of the tomb of Gilgamesh. Just finishing up the sheet for Mallory Mordent, the big bad. Evil Mad Scientist of course. Rule the World of course.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-17-2010, 10:04 AM
Looks as though i have 4 interested in a WFRP game. The epic campaign will begin in June. If you live in the Inland Empire area, be sure to contact me. I have room for a few more. We will be playing as often as weekly for 4-5 hours per session.

tesral
05-17-2010, 10:07 AM
There is that continent thing getting in the way again.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-17-2010, 10:13 AM
There is that continent thing getting in the way again.

Distance can suck at our TL (tech level).

tesral
05-17-2010, 09:21 PM
Thou kiddith not.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-17-2010, 09:34 PM
Thou kiddith not.

Thought you'd appreciate the Traveller rpg terminology.

Soft Serve
05-17-2010, 10:26 PM
Thought you'd appreciate the Traveller rpg terminology.

I did...:rolleyes:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-17-2010, 10:29 PM
Having a hell of a time finishing my assignment. I have 30 minutes left, oh noooo!

On a better note: I now have 5 gamers ready to begin WFRP, and maybe Traveller. 1 more and it's on!