PDA

View Full Version : At this very moment of reading this: where are you at and what are you doing?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16

traesin
03-19-2010, 11:03 PM
Thoth should share that thought.....:eyebrows:

tesral
03-20-2010, 12:38 AM
He should guard it well less the unusual environment scare it. :spider:

And Gaming tomorrow as well. Me DMing this time.

traesin
03-21-2010, 01:07 AM
Will be heading to bed soon. I was a beautiful spring day today. tomorrow not so much. Tomorrow is game and a trip to the hospital. My friend Jen's mom is in there. She had surgery for colon cancer. This is the same Jen that lost her Dad last month to cancer. Man I feel for her.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-21-2010, 09:03 AM
Booleon (http://websearch.about.com/od/internetresearch/a/boolean.htm) Search results:

traesin AND bed = Mmm

On a different note: Yahoo sucks; their spam filters suck; their email sucks; Yep, yahoo sucks!

Hoitash
03-21-2010, 10:43 AM
Really, I've been using Yahoo for years and haven't had any problems. Well once with the spam filter but I just turned it off.

traesin
03-21-2010, 11:30 AM
I use yahoo all the time and I don't have any problems. Maybe it's an ID.10.T error. :)

Thoth are you being bad again....

tesral
03-21-2010, 11:31 AM
Booleon (http://websearch.about.com/od/internetresearch/a/boolean.htm) Search results:

traesin AND bed = Mmm

On a different note: Yahoo sucks; their spam filters suck; their email sucks; Yep, yahoo sucks!

Really, I've been using Yahoo for years and haven't had any problems. Well once with the spam filter but I just turned it off.

Yahoo sucks. I have been using the lists for years, they suck. But, they suck less than the others.

Getting use to the changes in the menus of PnP. I don't LIKE the changes because they are changes. It wasn't broken. GRRR!

The old look was like a pair of comfortable familiar slippers. The menus second nature. Now we have to learn it all over again. GRR! GRRR!

Blydden
03-21-2010, 02:25 PM
Posted up another blog entry.

http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/entry.php/1073-Partially-True-Sessions-11-Evil-DM-Raging-Nerd-%28Or...OMGWTFBBQ-!%29

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-21-2010, 03:35 PM
I use yahoo all the time and I don't have any problems. Maybe it's an ID.10.T error. :)

Thoth are you being bad again....

What can i say, i'm a Lich.

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Yahoo sucks. I have been using the lists for years, they suck. But, they suck less than the others.

Getting use to the changes in the menus of PnP. I don't LIKE the changes because they are changes. It wasn't broken. GRRR!

The old look was like a pair of comfortable familiar slippers. The menus second nature. Now we have to learn it all over again. GRR! GRRR!

Truth be told, i don't know a single soul that hasn't had serious issues with Yahoo. Oh, and i agree, tesral, there are others that suck more. Gmail works much better but still has its issues. I now use Hushmail - and i like their privacy - and, as of yet, have not had a single issue.

Have you tried Hushmail?

tesral
03-21-2010, 05:37 PM
Truth be told, i don't know a single soul that hasn't had serious issues with Yahoo. Oh, and i agree, tesral, there are others that suck more. Gmail works much better but still has its issues. I now use Hushmail - and i like their privacy - and, as of yet, have not had a single issue.

Have you tried Hushmail?

Hell no. I use Thunderbird, POP mail. And if you note my email is not @yahoo.com. Web mail is something else I do not like. I have a yahoo ID, but it is more for the mailing lists.

No, it is because Yahoo ganked Geocities way back when and I had to get one to get access to my website. I shortly thereafter shut down that geocities site and never again used it. Went to Freeservers and an happy with same.

My relationship with Yahoo has never been one of friendship. semi-hostile I need to deal with you, but never friendship. One step better han Microsoft. Then again Microsoft has never tried to lay claim to my IP, just my wallet.

traesin
03-21-2010, 11:37 PM
i just got home from game. It was fun. need more players though. sigh. almost time to go to bed and start another fun filled week at work.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-22-2010, 12:44 AM
Getting ready to go to bed. Unusually tired today.

Dytrrnikl
03-22-2010, 03:41 AM
Becoming irate that the Obammi Whammies and the rest of the greased pockets cronies and sycophants in congress pushing through a Health reform bill that will have this...

For the first time, most Americans would be required to purchase insurance, and face penalties if they refused. Much of the money in the bill would be devoted to subsidies to help families at incomes of up to $88,000 a year pay their premiums. 8th paragraph down in Article listed on Comcast.net, titled: Congress clears historic health care bill.

For me, there is only one interpretation of being required to buy insurance, extra money to cover all the free loaders and waste of skin and air that don't want to work. Yippee, one more step into turning this country into a welfare state in which we will have to work until we die of old age. I couldn't stand Bush, Jr. in office but he did have one idea I fully wanted to see happen - PRIVATIZATION OF SOCIAL SECURITY!!! My money going into an account from which I would be the only individual to allowed to draw funds from.

Well, since we live in the Corporate States of America, what can be expected. Voting is and always will be an exercise in futility for the simple-minded people who think it matters. I vote, and am constantly reminded of the pointlessness of doing so.

Sascha
03-22-2010, 10:41 AM
"Corporate States of America" may be more accurate than intended.

tesral
03-22-2010, 11:30 AM
Form everything I've seen so far it will cost me more money than I'm paying now. And I'm not "rich" by any measure of the word.

Hoitash
03-23-2010, 02:42 PM
There's talk on the Imperial Conflict forum of people not getting insurance then filing a suit when they're fined on the basis of constitutionlaity or not of the bill, if anyone is interested in that idea.

Now, on to the last four pages of my 15 page paper. And figuring out how to tell when a thread has new posts in my subscribed threads quicklink.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-23-2010, 02:57 PM
Form everything I've seen so far it will cost me more money than I'm paying now. And I'm not "rich" by any measure of the word.

Sadly, it will... and with less coverage.

Me: I'm dealing with an upset stomach. Haven't had one of those in years.

Soft Serve
03-23-2010, 04:43 PM
Sadly, it will... and with less coverage.

Me: I'm dealing with an upset stomach. Haven't had one of those in years.

Lich's have stomachs?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Lich's have stomachs?

It's indigestion due to some good magick.

Sascha
03-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Snow~!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-23-2010, 05:00 PM
Must be nice. Our last cool days are upon us. Next stop... a melting heat.

tesral
03-23-2010, 05:06 PM
For those that tend to rot....

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-23-2010, 06:15 PM
I'm not 70% water like the rest of you, so no worries here.

Sascha
03-23-2010, 06:18 PM
Making sure dinner's ready when the roommate comes home. Hopefully, she'll be pleasantly surprised ^_^

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-23-2010, 06:20 PM
Making sure dinner's ready when the roommate comes home. Hopefully, she'll be pleasantly surprised ^_^

What's for din-din, Sasha?

As of right now, i am watching The African Queen. Good stuff so far. Reminds me of Heart of Darkness.

Sascha
03-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Beef pot pies. Possibly making cocoa for dessert, though we haven't decided :P

Watching Desperate Housewives from the beginning again, too.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-23-2010, 08:08 PM
Wow. Haven't had a pot pie since 1981.

Watching Men who Stare at Goats.

Soft Serve
03-23-2010, 08:41 PM
Wow. Haven't had a pot pie since 1981.

Watching Men that Stare at Goats.

Tell me what you think of that because I don't know if I want to watch it or not.

Thinking about petting my girlfriends dog. Who thinks it's a form of torture and runs from me wagging her tail when I do it...

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-23-2010, 08:45 PM
Tell me what you think of that because I don't know if I want to watch it or not.

Thinking about petting my girlfriends dog. Who thinks it's a form of torture and runs from me wagging her tail when I do it...

It's got its funny side and George Clooney makes it. If you're looking for any real kind of remote viewing information, don't look for it here. Just sit back and enjoy the flick.

tesral
03-23-2010, 09:55 PM
I'm not 70% water like the rest of you, so no worries here.

Water? People are made of water?

Sascha
03-23-2010, 11:01 PM
I thought my Soylent Green was a bit weak ...

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-23-2010, 11:13 PM
I thought my Soylent Green was a bit weak ...

Classics are not weak! That will cost you one pb&j for your verbal crime, Sascha.

tesral
03-24-2010, 12:42 AM
Sacred Cows make the best steaks.

traesin
03-24-2010, 02:24 AM
At work. It's going to be a long week.

Sascha
03-24-2010, 09:44 AM
Roommate's home on a snow day, but my school refuses to close, dangit~

tesral
03-24-2010, 09:59 AM
Wow, spring is so white and fluffy this year.

Starting another day. I'm going to try and get some real work done. I need laundry. The Kitchen is on the clean side.

Hoitash
03-24-2010, 11:46 AM
Just two more pages for my fifteen page paper :)

It's due tomorrow so I kind of have to get it done, reviewed, and printed. And then plan how to turn every class I'm in from a C+-B into a B+-A. But for now, lunch.

Soft Serve
03-24-2010, 11:52 AM
I got new dice so I'm still rolling the carp out of them.

These dice specifically. http://www.chessex.com/Dice/Gemini/CopperGreen.htm

Sascha
03-24-2010, 12:14 PM
I got new dice so I'm still rolling the carp out of them.

These dice specifically. http://www.chessex.com/Dice/Gemini/CopperGreen.htm
Yeah, wouldn't want fish in my dice, either :biggrin:

Soft Serve
03-24-2010, 12:46 PM
Yeah, wouldn't want fish in my dice, either :biggrin:

Nice.

TaiRei
03-24-2010, 03:33 PM
Watching BSG and doing some Spring Cleaning, got a bunch of boxes in the Atrium now ready to ship out to the wastelands. Now to move some stuff around in my room and clear up more space. I'm getting a new desk too. That'll make two desks in my game room. Two computers, one has a desk, now the other one's about to get one.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-24-2010, 03:44 PM
Watching This Old House on the diy network.

Sascha
03-24-2010, 07:58 PM
Watching Desperate Housewives; doing laptop maintenance.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-24-2010, 08:37 PM
Watching Holmes on Homes on the diy network. Having been screwed by a contractor a few years back, i find this show interesting.

Hoitash
03-24-2010, 09:30 PM
Well I had a little adventure. See, my printer's tri-color cartridge died on me, so I switched to using jsut the black, ie, back-up mode. Unfortunetaly, the printer wasn't printing for some reason. Bare in mind this is for a 15 page paper due tomorrow morning. A paper that could make this class an A or a B. not to mention my honor's credit. Anywhoo, I walked to the library to finish printing, had to turn around before i left the library to print the title page, and the paper is stapled, as is the checklist and some other needed material.

Saturday I buy a new cartridge.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-24-2010, 10:00 PM
Watching House Hunters International.

tesral
03-24-2010, 10:50 PM
Well I had a little adventure. See, my printer's tri-color cartridge died on me, so I switched to using jsut the black, ie, back-up mode. Unfortunetaly, the printer wasn't printing for some reason. Bare in mind this is for a 15 page paper due tomorrow morning. A paper that could make this class an A or a B. not to mention my honor's credit. Anywhoo, I walked to the library to finish printing, had to turn around before i left the library to print the title page, and the paper is stapled, as is the checklist and some other needed material..

There is a reason I always have spare toner. You will run out at the most inconvenient time.

Watching Holmes on Homes on the diy network. Having been screwed by a contractor a few years back, i find this show interesting.

I like the guy, and his attitude.

traesin
03-25-2010, 01:52 AM
ugh. at work. didn't sleep much today. sigh. might make cookies tonight. need more caffeine....

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-25-2010, 07:11 AM
Where are my cookies, traesin? Thoth love cookies almost as much as... pie. :rolleyes:

Soft Serve
03-25-2010, 08:14 AM
Girlfriends cat woke me up. When she leaves I'm going to try and get him....

Hoitash
03-25-2010, 08:21 AM
Ah shotgun, is there anything you can't do?

Soft Serve
03-25-2010, 08:25 AM
Uhm...Cook?

...Love?

...probably can't change my underwear with one...

Probably....

Hoitash
03-25-2010, 09:11 AM
Well if by cook, you mean kill your dinner, yes it can :)

And I can't think of anything that would love you more than the Freudian symbolism of a pump action shotugn :)

I miss The Dail Show. Good thing new episodes start next week. I also need to work on an assignment from my editor. Well, one of my editors. Kissing tuchus to become an editor is challenging yet highly rewarding.

tesral
03-25-2010, 10:23 AM
Yet another new day. I hate spring.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-25-2010, 10:34 AM
Never knew anyone who hated spring.

Sascha
03-25-2010, 11:57 AM
Barely woke up, myself; this is going to be a long day, I can tell. (And I only have two classes, heh.)

Hoitash
03-25-2010, 12:10 PM
Waiting to see if I have to work today or not. I'm not sure what's worse, students who don't tell me there not meeting for tutoring, or the fact that the school paper is a laughingstock on campus. I fell so... helpless. Like nothing I do makes a difference.

Ah well, all I can do is keep trying.

Soft Serve
03-25-2010, 01:38 PM

I hate both Transitional Seasons. (Spring/Fall).

Working on learning a few new juggling tricks to show off later.

tesral
03-25-2010, 01:49 PM
Fall for me is much better, less allergy action going on. Spring is the worst, the allergies that have more or less let me be all winter are kicking in. The heat is off the AC not yet on, so I don't get the house air run over the filter as much. The changeable nature of the weather gives ol' Arther plenty of material to work with making my much abusaed bones ache.

Last night was "fun". We have rain now. Rain is fine, it's the switch from fair to rainly that gets me.

Right now I'm making an Old School Initiative track. Paper and cardboard

Hoitash
03-25-2010, 02:56 PM
I don't know about Dearborn, but here in Ypsi this rain is cold.

But it sounds like thats how you like it, allergens wise.

Freejack
03-25-2010, 07:47 PM
Local honey really reduces my allergies to almost nothing.

Just saying.

Carl

tesral
03-25-2010, 11:02 PM
Bees don't make honey from dust.

traesin
03-26-2010, 02:55 AM
sooo tired..... need sleep....

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-26-2010, 03:58 PM
Watching 25 Memorable Swimsuit Moments. They're talking about Fast Times at Ridgemont High. A fantastic movie with plenty of one-liners.

traesin
03-26-2010, 05:17 PM
just got home from spending time with the neibor. She likes it when we go out and wonder around on Friday mornings. It's fun for me too. tomarrow night is girls night out too. I got to do something to balance out all the time I hang out with guys...

Well off to bed.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Contemplating life.

Freejack
03-26-2010, 06:00 PM
Bees don't make honey from dust.

Agree. Dust isn't seasonal either :)

Just saying though that it does help me with seasonal allergies.

Carl

Sascha
03-26-2010, 06:19 PM
Home from class; my roommate apparently left a present on the lid of my laptop: Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter.

<3 the Roommate

tesral
03-26-2010, 10:37 PM
Back from the Friday game. Hit 16th level.

traesin
03-26-2010, 11:29 PM
temporally up. had to take neighbor to work (I'm so nice). then got hungry, the soup in the fridge was questionable so I settled for a pot pie. probably go back to sleep here soon.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-27-2010, 12:58 AM
I'll take some of your pie, my dear traesin... mmm. :rolleyes:

I'm planning to begin the script frenzy challenge beginning Thursday, see below. http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Hi!
Script Frenzy 2010 starts in less than a week!
That gives you a whole weekend and a handful of days to prepare.
A few things you may want to do:
Outline! Outline! Outline!
Find and join your local region. There are kick-off parties going on all over the world.
Invite a friend to sign up and write with you. Having a partner in crime is tremendously helpful!
Coffee. Get some.
Let everyone know what you'll be up to in April. You never know who has a story they've been dying to write. Don't keep it a secret! Grab a graphic and spread the word.
Remember to sign in to the website at least once to officially take part in this year's Script Frenzy. (If you haven't signed in by April 5, I'll assume that you're sitting this one out and I won't clutter up your inbox with pep talks.)
Excited,
Jen
Program Director
Keep your people in touch with our people!
Facebook | Twitter

tesral
03-27-2010, 01:10 AM
ugh....

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-27-2010, 01:15 AM
ugh....

What, no Script Frenzy for you, tesral? The living can be such wimps!

Blydden
03-27-2010, 02:36 AM
Praying that my fellow player will figure out my riddle before my character slaughters his character next session.

Oh, and being bored.

TaiRei
03-27-2010, 03:30 AM
Watching a marathon of random Zombie movies, from the very new(Zombieland), to the classic(Night of the Living Dead). I'm in the mood for some writing, and I've outlined a short story of about 5000 words or so(might go up to 10K or more, you know how it is), dealing with...you guessed it....Zombies! I'll probably be writing most of today(Saturday), so I've got to make sure I'm in the correct mindset. Gonna sleep on All Flesh Must Be Eaten(a great RPG) and I'll start writing after breakfast.

Good zombie fiction is so hard to find these days. I figure a good mix of myth and imagination will serve me well.

We shall see. Happy weekend everybody!

Dytrrnikl
03-27-2010, 09:08 AM

You've never met me. I detest mid to late spring, all of summer, and early to mid fall, and any other time temperatures exceed 70 degrees. It gets any warmer, the AC is going on at my house to keep things at a comfortable 60 degrees. Give me winter and colder temps...32 and lower. I don't like PA, not enough snow. I miss the lake effect snow from upstate NY - Oswego, NY to be exact. Summers there are awesome...70 or so during the day and 50 at night with wind pulling air off Lake Ontario.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-27-2010, 09:46 AM
Reading some potential good news from one of my secret WFRP circles that include folks from around the world.

tesral
03-27-2010, 10:16 AM
What, no Script Frenzy for you, tesral? The living can be such wimps!

Scripts are not my thing. I write narrative, scenario, or essay. No desire for frenzy in general either.

You've never met me. I detest mid to late spring, all of summer, and early to mid fall, and any other time temperatures exceed 70 degrees. It gets any warmer, the AC is going on at my house to keep things at a comfortable 60 degrees. Give me winter and colder temps...32 and lower. I don't like PA, not enough snow. I miss the lake effect snow from upstate NY - Oswego, NY to be exact. Summers there are awesome...70 or so during the day and 50 at night with wind pulling air off Lake Ontario.

I thought I was a Polar Bear.

traesin
03-27-2010, 10:52 AM
Script? no time and no talent. i'll stick to crafting thanks. this weekends callenge is to make dice bags out of leather. hand stich only. oh and finish the Niece's birthday present. (she is going to be 3) I might even make some more cookies...

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-27-2010, 11:00 AM
Script? no time and no talent. i'll stick to crafting thanks. this weekends callenge is to make dice bags out of leather. hand stich only. oh and finish the Niece's birthday present. (she is going to be 3) I might even make some more cookies...

Writing scripts are new to me too, but i won't let that stop me. One can only get better over time, not worse. Heck, i am even planning on writing a epic poem someday soon, just to see.

tesral
03-27-2010, 11:06 AM
Writing scripts are new to me too, but i won't let that stop me. One can only get better over time, not worse. Heck, i am even planning on writing a epic poem someday soon, just to see.

I've no love for the medium. For me scripts are a means to an end. A script is the plan from which a play or film is created. It's rather like laying out the plans for a house and calling it done. The house is not done until the house is built. As I have no means of getting any script ever "finished", I don't bother with the form. I'm far more likely to give epic poetry a shot.

First you need an epic story. No point in writing submyth.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Writing is writing, even when it comes to epic poetry.

Sascha
03-27-2010, 12:57 PM
Finished watching Ian McKellan's Richard III. My favorite role of his, methnks, right after Magneto.

Now continuing with Desperate Housewives. (Though I should prolly schedule Much Ado About Nothing and Titus for sometime this weekend, so we can send the discs back, heh.)

wbrandel
03-27-2010, 02:06 PM
Right now I am at the library pulling material off the DDI compendium for use in the game I am running on sunday. I am also checking my email for the character a new player sent me today (he's starting my game on sunday). And of course checking the posts here.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-27-2010, 05:31 PM
Watching Paul Blart, Mall Cop. It's better the second time through...and sucking down a 100 oz mug of Code Red Mountain Dew.

tesral
03-27-2010, 06:01 PM
Watching Paul Blart, Mall Cop. It's better the second time through...and sucking down a 100 oz mug of Code Red Mountain Dew.

Mind the undertow.

traesin
03-27-2010, 06:11 PM
just ordered pizza. now time to do some crafting.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-27-2010, 06:17 PM
When Chuck Norris jumped into the ocean, he didn't get wet, the water got Chuck Norris'ded.
Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is Hiding.
BC really stands for Before Chuck.
Chuck Norris was offered the role as Frodo. He declined, stating that only a wussy would take three movies to destroy a piece of jewelry.
When Chuck Norris gives you the finger, he's telling you how many seconds you have to live.
Before Chuck Norris was born, two pieces of wood connected by a chain was called nunbarrys, no one ever found out whatever happened to Barry.
Ghosts are actually caused by Chuck Norris killing people faster than Death can process them.

Come to think of it, i think i actually started a Chuck Norris thread a year ago.

Sascha
03-27-2010, 07:26 PM
Started season 2 of Desperate Housewives. I'm noticing more of the little details, since I'm not watching for the story this time 'round.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-27-2010, 07:37 PM
Watching The Dewey Cox Story. Funny stuff.

Soft Serve
03-27-2010, 09:09 PM
When Chuck Norris jumped into the ocean, he didn't get wet, the water got Chuck Norris'ded.
Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is Hiding.
BC really stands for Before Chuck.
Chuck Norris was offered the role as Frodo. He declined, stating that only a wussy would take three movies to destroy a piece of jewelry.
When Chuck Norris gives you the finger, he's telling you how many seconds you have to live.
Before Chuck Norris was born, two pieces of wood connected by a chain was called nunbarrys, no one ever found out whatever happened to Barry.
Ghosts are actually caused by Chuck Norris killing people faster than Death can process them.

Come to think of it, i think i actually started a Chuck Norris thread a year ago.

Chuck Norris once roundhouse kicked someone so hard his foot broke the speed of light, went back in time, and killed Amelia Earheardt while she was flying over the Pacific Ocean.

tesral
03-28-2010, 12:33 AM
Chuck Who?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-28-2010, 12:42 AM
Watching The Proposal. Funny stuff.

traesin
03-28-2010, 03:19 AM
just got home. Girls night out was canceled so I went out with the guys. I want to that Mark for the state I'm in now and was then...Did that make any sense? He bought the drinks :)

Arkhemedes
03-28-2010, 08:59 AM
just got home. Girls night out was canceled so I went out with the guys. I want to that Mark for the state I'm in now and was then...Did that make any sense? He bought the drinks :)

Nope. Didn't make any sense. :)

traesin
03-28-2010, 09:09 AM
That was supposed to be: I want to thank Mark for how I was feeling earlier and how I am feeling now.

Things get clearer after you sleep a little. :) It is going to be a good day today and I'm going back to bed now.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-28-2010, 10:30 AM
Didn't sleep a bit last night. Will try again in about 15 minutes.

traesin
03-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Didn't sleep a bit last night. Will try again in about 15 minutes.

I'm sorry to hear that....I'm now going back to bed too.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-28-2010, 12:46 PM
Thanks, traesin. It rarely happens, but when it does, it can ruin the next day for me.

Soft Serve
03-28-2010, 01:27 PM
I lost my pen...

Sascha
03-28-2010, 01:39 PM
Still giggling at Richard Roundtree on Desperate Housewives, as a PI named "Hafts."

Soft Serve
03-28-2010, 02:16 PM
Went through the last 24 pages of this thread looking for one link in particular because somebody was setting up some tower they got and it was from a site with some awesome maps on it that I could never afford in my life.

Also realizing I like run-on sentences.

tesral
03-28-2010, 04:34 PM
Just got back from the DSO concert. Schubert CEB Bach, and Beethoven's 4th. Nice light concert.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-28-2010, 06:10 PM
Also realizing I like run-on sentences.

It truly is the best way to get all ones ideas into one sentence. :biggrin:

Me: I'm about to run an errand that i have been putting off all day.

Dytrrnikl
03-28-2010, 08:19 PM
I thought I was a Polar Bear.

Let's just say I don't wear shoes or wear anything longer than knee length shorts unless there is snow on the ground. My wife gets angry at me, because in the middle of summer, I'm wearing sleevless T's and shorts, sweating inside with thermostat set to 60 and ceiling fan on at full blast and she's covered in head to toe in sweats and has to be covered in blanket. She ends up spending more time outside, while I'm hibernating indoors.

traesin
03-29-2010, 12:11 AM
just got home from game. IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!! We took on some higher lvl npc's and kicked their butt.

tesral
03-29-2010, 12:14 AM
WooT for good game.

I should be heading to bed. I have game with son tomorrow. A little one on one.

traesin
03-29-2010, 09:32 AM
weekend fun over. back to the grind

Sascha
03-29-2010, 09:42 AM
It's just another Manic Monday.

tesral
03-29-2010, 12:06 PM
Gaming once my son stirs.

traesin
03-29-2010, 03:19 PM
just got home. eat then sleep.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-29-2010, 03:40 PM
gettin' snacky in 5 minutes

tesral
03-29-2010, 10:18 PM
Should be in bed. I'm not.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-29-2010, 10:43 PM
Going above and beyond with todays assignment.

kirksmithicus
03-29-2010, 11:19 PM
Stayin' up late as well.

traesin
03-30-2010, 02:02 AM
At work. walked into a mess. no surprise.

tesral
03-30-2010, 02:33 AM
meh, all you west coast types where it is only 12:30. I need to fall down.

So, I am down falling.

Sascha
03-30-2010, 02:04 PM
Almost time to go back to class; cat doesn't seem to want to move off my lap, though. I'd entertain the thought of not going, but ... bones~

Soft Serve
03-30-2010, 10:08 PM
Invader Zim. Woo!

"The gangsta specter of defeat!"

Hoitash
03-30-2010, 10:22 PM
Being grateful that there is still one forum where the participants know how to be civil.

That is this forum :)

I don't know how long it will last, but it seems the other forums I frequent, one by one, fall to stupidity and rudeness. This forum is my Serenity Valley or my Helm's Deep, I'm not sure yet.

Soft Serve
03-30-2010, 11:26 PM
Being grateful that there is still one forum where the participants know how to be civil.

That is this forum :)

I don't know how long it will last, but it seems the other forums I frequent, one by one, fall to stupidity and rudeness. This forum is my Serenity Valley or my Helm's Deep, I'm not sure yet.

Well every now and again...

traesin
03-31-2010, 01:44 AM
At work. It's been a rough night already and it's not even midnight. Started with my cat taking off with my pack of contacts.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-31-2010, 10:01 AM
Have a couple of errands to due before hw.

tesral
03-31-2010, 11:18 AM
Tap tap. Is this thing on? Am I on? Still deciding. Way too late a night.

Soft Serve
03-31-2010, 12:31 PM
Waking up and playing with Katies bunny.

traesin
04-01-2010, 02:41 AM
wow no one on here all day. At work watching Mythbusters.

Soft Serve
04-01-2010, 03:13 AM
At work watching Mythbusters.

trade you jobs...

Hoitash
04-01-2010, 08:16 AM
seconded.

I miss Kari...

traesin
04-01-2010, 08:34 AM
No prob. I'll take that trade. However you have to be prepared to deal with ALL aspects of human hygiene. that does include wiping their butts, and cleaning up after them when they are sick, and dealing with temper tantrums, and dodging punches and hair pulling.

Hoitash
04-01-2010, 09:21 AM
Oh right, I forgot what you did.

tesral
04-01-2010, 11:08 AM
seconded.

I miss Kari...

She was back this week.

Also having a discussion with someone who is obviously a victim of the public school system, and has never read a book outside of D&D.

Hoitash
04-01-2010, 11:28 AM
So everyone between the age of 1 and thirty?

tesral
04-01-2010, 01:33 PM
(Deep earth moving sigh) Yea, some days it feels that way. Fellow uses text speak in the forum. He might consider it cool, but he comes across like someone with his verbal pants around his ankles.

Hoitash
04-01-2010, 03:26 PM
I fear for the Republic. I better stock up on Jonnie Walker.

I forgot how depressing Spring makes me. Ironic, isn't it?

I did a poem about the Unification War for Lit class, cuz I couldn't remember if it was due today or Tuesday. Eaither way I hope it does well. The Outer Planets will rise again!

tesral
04-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Unification War?

Spring sets off every allergy I have and a few on the waiting list.

Sascha
04-01-2010, 04:43 PM
I did a poem about the Unification War for Lit class, cuz I couldn't remember if it was due today or Tuesday. Eaither way I hope it does well. The Outer Planets will rise again!
... You're one of them Innepenents, aren'tcha? ...

Hoitash
04-01-2010, 07:05 PM
Well, I do aim to misbehave :)

Specially if I get a chance to shoot Vera.

Oh, it was due Tuesday by the way. apparently to parody Dickinson her use of the rhythm of "Yellow Rose of Texas" is more important than her rhyming scheme, which ends partway through the poem anyway. I am not looking forward to the end of the semester, I got to study for five exams to make sure I get at least a 3.4 this semester. If it pays off I'll get a 3.8, though, maybe.

traesin
04-02-2010, 01:33 AM
Unification War?

Spring sets off every allergy I have and a few on the waiting list.
well that sucks. i only have one allergy, sunlight. if i'm out in it to long, I get a rash.

tesral
04-02-2010, 08:40 AM
Wow our own resident Vampire.

Today is Friday. That means lunch with my son and GAMNG! (Which is not dead.)

Arkhemedes
04-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Took a paid day off. Needed a break from work. So what am I doing today?

Completely redesigning a character sheet for my Pathfinder games. Like the system. Can't stand the character sheets for it. Too many things missing from it and not enough room for other things. Looks like mine will be four pages long (not including a sheet for the spells of a spell caster), but it's very well organized and everything is easy to find and the math is easy to check. Can hardly wait for it to be done so I can start creating villains for my new campaign.

traesin
04-02-2010, 11:25 PM
drove down to the parents for the weekend. The drive wasn't too bad. My Mom surprised me with an easter basket. I haven't gottten one of those in years. So I'm right now on my Dad's brand new gaming computer. I should never have introduced him to Battlefield 1942. At least I can still kick his butt at it, it would so suck if my 70 year old Dad got better than me.

tesral
04-03-2010, 12:28 AM
Friday gaming: I get less enthused by every session. Two and a half years I still feel no real attachment to this world. It is getting worse all the time and I'm definitely of the opinion we are simple observers in the game with no power to affect the greater course of the world or game. 16th level mind you. I just feel like "super chode". I'm tired of monsters that use the game rules to beat you up. I'm tired of the "NO" ruleset. I'm not the only one.

One of the newer players is really starting to annoy me. He has a whole three months in the game (Player level 1 going on 20), will NOT shut his trap and is as indecisive as a politician with two polls.

Tired. Going out of habit. Need something better to do on Friday night.

Sascha
04-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Woke up to the roommate's computer needing service, blah. Stoopid technical proficiency.

tesral
04-03-2010, 11:44 AM
I don't do windows.

Soft Serve
04-03-2010, 02:39 PM
I don't do windows.

Don't have any windex?

Hoitash
04-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Discovered I like margarita's, too.

My ability to get a decent gpa this semester is gonna be tricky, I'm basically going to spend the next three weeks reading and practicing essay exams. Hope it pays off. I need two A-'s and three B+'s to stay in the honors college. Bt enough about that crap, Sherlock Holmes is on DVD!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Best of luck to you, Hoitash. I'm also struggling to keep my gpa in the high 3's.

tesral
04-03-2010, 04:37 PM
Don't have any windex?

I don't do windows. No mattert how much windex you have.

traesin
04-03-2010, 04:59 PM
I've decided to poison my relatives. I'm making my Mom's famous crescent rolls. Well I'm also listening to the waves crash too. It's a little stormy this weekend at the beach.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-03-2010, 07:59 PM
uh... where's my helping?

Soft Serve
04-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Uhm. Where's my beach?

traesin
04-04-2010, 12:56 AM
Uhm. Where's my beach?

you got Indy, you don't need the beach.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon

uh... where's my helping?

Waiting right here for you....

Sascha
04-04-2010, 11:02 AM
Woke up to breakfast, then the roommate's computer decided to get uppity again; hardware problems, turns out.

Now, Peeps time. (Or Super Metroid. I haven't decided.)

traesin
04-04-2010, 01:18 PM
about to start the drive home. stopping at my sister's in-laws for dinner first. it's really blowing and raining here today.

Sascha
04-04-2010, 09:05 PM
Recent news events making me increasingly thankful I left California, heh; earthquakes scare me to no end.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-04-2010, 09:07 PM
They were just mild rollers. Always fun stuff.

tesral
04-04-2010, 10:57 PM
Gravity is a myth. The Earth sucks.

traesin
04-04-2010, 11:24 PM
just got home. neighbors ordered pizza for all of us.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-05-2010, 12:11 AM
Had PapaJohns Pizza today.

tesral
04-05-2010, 02:34 AM
I have no pizza. Depression is upon us.

traesin
04-05-2010, 09:41 AM
sigh....beginning of the work week again. I DON'T WANT TO GO. Oh well must keep the cats happy.

tesral
04-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Life thing happening. Got to feed the cats. Well cats fed and petted this morning. I have gaming later today.

Soft Serve
04-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Spring break is over....boo....

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-05-2010, 02:20 PM
HW. No fun.

tesral
04-05-2010, 03:06 PM
My spring break is over when spring is over.

Hoitash
04-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Well, finished my census form. Something kinda odd I noticed, the Census Bureau seems to be under the Department of Commerce. They were part of the Department of the Interior. Wonder what changed.

traesin
04-05-2010, 08:10 PM
cant' sleep so i'm getting a snack. cats have now forgivin me for leaving them for 2 days. argh. I don't want to go into work tonight.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Thoth want snackie, too.

tesral
04-06-2010, 01:04 AM
Dude, you're dead. It's disgusting when you try to eat.

2 AM and just fooling around,m not tired enough for bed yet. It's raining Canis & Felis, thunder rumbling though the night.

Sounded good. It's been a while since we had a good storm.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-06-2010, 01:09 AM
We had a good storm earlier. Always nice. I wish it stormed here a few times a week, but we're probably not due for another drop of rain till November, at the earliest.

tesral
04-06-2010, 01:11 AM
California has climate. We have weather.

traesin
04-06-2010, 02:42 AM
so one of my clients is sick, and the great part is that it is highly contagious. yea. Can someone give me a winning lottery ticket?

Hoitash
04-06-2010, 08:15 AM
Tell you what, if it wins, I'll mail you 3/4, and keep the rest as a finders fee :)

It was lightning-ing last night, I saw it thorugh the blinds. It's been so long since i saw lightning it took me a sec to remember what was making the flashes.

UURich
04-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Waiting for my brother-in-law to get out of the shower and get dressed so I can take him to the airport. Also staring down two leather belts that I finished tooling that I have to take to my alma mater for a cancer benefit auction after I drop him off.

Hoitash
04-06-2010, 02:37 PM
Wow, could you make me a pouch and strap for my water bottle?

tesral
04-06-2010, 03:16 PM
I want a cow. Yea the whole cow. A nicely tooled cow. :thumb:

Bareing that I'll see about getting some inside of the cow.

UURich
04-06-2010, 04:41 PM
Cow's don't stand still without them walking off. They see you walking over with the hammer and they know the jig is up.

The image below is one of the two belts that I finished. This belt is tooled with a cancer awareness ribbon, a rising sun, the school initials and a long trumpet with wings. A carrier for a water bottle? I suppose it's possible. It would have to depend on if it was to be cow hide, pig suede, deer skin, stingray or something else. There are many different options.

EDIT: I added a picture of the stamps on the back. Those are the initials of the high school when I went there and after it was renamed.

Sascha
04-06-2010, 05:28 PM
Just got home from class. Artwork to follow (soon as I photograph it).

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/tulipssmall.jpg

Product of the cultural workshop for Japanese. It's harie, a form of collage using super-strong paper.

UURich
04-06-2010, 06:09 PM
That's an outstanding collage. Not often that you get artistic accomplishment back to back. I took Japanese for three years in college and did an independent study in Kabuki when I was in high school.

Sascha
04-06-2010, 06:16 PM
Thankie ^_^

Arkhemedes
04-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Just got home from class. Artwork to follow (soon as I photograph it).

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/tulipssmall.jpg

Product of the cultural workshop for Japanese. It's harie, a form of collage using super-strong paper.

See what can be done with hairballs and just a little imagination?

Oh, sorry. Wrong thread.

Hoitash
04-06-2010, 08:58 PM
Gee, all I do is write.

Well, sometimes I biuld models. Sadly they tend to be expensive.

UURich
04-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Well, sometimes I biuld models. Sadly they tend to be expensive.

Leatherworking isn't cheap really. The tools are the spendy part but a double shoulder of cow runs around $200 and you can make quite a few belts out of it. Then there is the hardware like buckles, stirrups, sheaths, eyelets or other things that can start to get expensive. Those belts would retail around $60 and I hope they garner over $100 each at the auction but that could be high hopes.

Hoitash
04-06-2010, 10:47 PM
Hence the old hobby phrase "crack is cheaper."

Where could I purchase a strap/pouch for my water bottle? Outdoor store like D1ck's?

traesin
04-07-2010, 12:56 AM
I scrapebook, sew, paint (sort of), and anything that looks cool to do. the down side of working in a craft store. That's my 2nd job.

TaiRei
04-07-2010, 03:00 AM
Watching Hackers and trying to write my essay but the words just aren't flowing tonight so I'll just read my Mage The Awakening book and watch movies.

UURich
04-07-2010, 06:10 AM
Where could I purchase a strap/pouch for my water bottle? Outdoor store like D1ck's?

That would be a good place to start. REI or Dicks. Most bottles have a loop that attach the cap to the bottle so it's just a matter of attaching something to that. I'd say check out the closest Tandy Leather Factory (http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/) but it's in Detroit. That's a haul from you. They might be able to give you some good suggestions about how to set that up.

Hoitash
04-07-2010, 08:26 AM
Is the loop secure enough to hold a strap without breaking? The bottle itself is pretty durable, and I was thinking about that, but wasn't sure if it would hold. Sounds like it would, though.

tesral
04-07-2010, 09:18 AM
I scrapebook, sew, paint (sort of), and anything that looks cool to do. the down side of working in a craft store. That's my 2nd job.

Man if I worked at a craft/hobby/book store, any of the above I would never take home a paycheck, and I would need a second house to store the crap.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-07-2010, 09:41 AM
I think if i ever came into alot of money, i'd buy a wharehouse in which to sell used books and items. The place would be huge... and great.

UURich
04-07-2010, 09:48 AM
Man if I worked at a craft/hobby/book store, any of the above I would never take home a paycheck, and I would need a second house to store the crap.

Plasma donation. It's supplemental income and it's all I have to work with each month other than the money I make from my projects. I do appropriately charge for my labor and the cost of my supplies but I don't have a whole lot extra for my hobbies.

Is the loop secure enough to hold a strap without breaking? The bottle itself is pretty durable, and I was thinking about that, but wasn't sure if it would hold. Sounds like it would, though.

I guess it depends on how rough you are with it. There are "pouches" that I have on my MOLLE pack that I had in the US Army that are nylon that stood up to Iraq and Bosnia. Those are amazing pieces of gear.

Hoitash
04-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Walking 36 miles through old Civil War battlefield doesn't seem too rough, but it never hurts to be prepared.

Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout, they say.

Sascha
04-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Off to class for another day. This week feels slower than last, heh (the post-class situation may prove differently :P).

tesral
04-07-2010, 01:09 PM
My house killed my razor saw. So I just got back from the hobby store replacing same.

Soft Serve
04-07-2010, 03:08 PM
I don't have any ideas for this Saturdays game. And sitting here thinking about games is way too much work for me right now...

Sascha
04-07-2010, 05:20 PM
Back from school.

Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter is roughly halfway done, and I believe the next Dresden book was what was sitting on my doorstep today. Hooray for literacy~

Hoitash
04-07-2010, 05:33 PM
I have to ask:

Is that book any good?

tesral
04-07-2010, 05:56 PM
I have a feeling it is either great, or sucks like black holes wish they could.

Literacy is wonderful, none of use would be here without it.

Sascha
04-07-2010, 06:06 PM
I have to ask:

Is that book any good?
It's certainly a different take on ol' Honest Abe, written as a "real" biography - excerpts of journal entries and letters to demonstrate the main flow.

Given that it's been, more or less, three hours of total reading for me, I'll wager it's towards the 'good' end of the spectrum. Maybe not for the quality of literary technique, but it's entertaining. (It also highlights the stumbling blocks I had with the author's previous book, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies - that is, it's the "Pride and Prejudice" part that I couldn't read, not the "Zombies" :P This book is breezing by~)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-07-2010, 08:14 PM
I actually picked up that book the other day. Once i finish Musashi, then it's on to PnPnZ.

UURich
04-07-2010, 09:46 PM
I am at home after teaching ESL to a class of 12 immigrants. My energy is drained after trying to explain my defense of free speech in the light of the indefensible acts of the Westboro Baptist Church on the ultimate, though idealistic idea that free speech must be upheld.

Sascha
04-07-2010, 10:08 PM
Heh, yeah, that would do it. (In that position, I'm not certain I could exercise restraint.)

TaiRei
04-07-2010, 11:21 PM
Reading Mage : The Awakening in preparation for an online game hosted here. Still need a few players. The more the merrier I always say.

Finished all the homework/quizzes that were assigned this week. Might just take a break from school until early next week.

Might just write up another scenario for my signature missions for a game I occasionally run tonight.

Hashbrowns and ribs for dinner tonight.

traesin
04-08-2010, 01:51 AM

Yea, I know. Working 2 jobs kills most of my time to craft, so I don't buy a lot. I tried to donate plasma for extra money, but I couldn't. My veins are to deep. I love crafting stuff. I'm always comeing up with new ideas.

UURich
04-08-2010, 02:03 PM
Heh, yeah, that would do it. (In that position, I'm not certain I could exercise restraint.)

The issue of free speech for many that were in that room required a bunch of empathy. Many came from countries where totalitarian dictatorships ruled for at least a few years of their lifetimes while they were there. It made it easy to sit back and treat it with a little more patience than I might have otherwise.

My time in Bosnia also ran me across situations of personal hardship that made issues like this pretty easy to stomach because there are whole hosts of more difficult situations in the world. Consider Pat Robertson's comments surrounding the Haitian earthquake. He is another lightning rod for the conservative brand of religion.

What am I doing now? Home from class and watching yesterday's episode of Oprah with the cast of GLEE.

Sascha
04-08-2010, 04:40 PM
The issue of free speech for many that were in that room required a bunch of empathy. Many came from countries where totalitarian dictatorships ruled for at least a few years of their lifetimes while they were there. It made it easy to sit back and treat it with a little more patience than I might have otherwise.
Indeed. There's a difference between a legal right and a moral right here, and the subject pushes me into "moral right" mode, even though intellectually, the legal right is the focus.

We had a group show up on campus, back when I was in California, that goes to a school, intentionally offends students and faculty, then sues on First Amendment grounds if/when they're asked to leave. In response, the school held a panel discussion and my ethics professor was on the panel. Interesting time, that.

traesin
04-09-2010, 01:23 AM
At work watchng Speeders. Ah the weekend is here. Girls night out Sat. Lots of sleep. and watching movies. that's the plan.

UURich
04-09-2010, 06:14 AM
Awake after six hours of sleep and showering. Will be at school from 7:30am to 9pm with a lunch and dinner break.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Have to write one paper today, then it's on to a few errands.

Hoitash
04-09-2010, 11:35 AM
One of these days I will learn that doing well in the beggining of the semester is vital to not wanting to stick my head in a bowl of Johnnie Walker and not come back up.

Fortunetely I have my senior year, grad school, and then more grad school to hammer the point home.

tesral
04-09-2010, 11:48 AM
Gaming canceled for the day. Too many conflict of schedule for the other players. So my evening plans are up in the air.

UURich
04-09-2010, 02:05 PM
I finished writing my reflection on Islam which is due for this evening's class. Now I have about 90 pages to plow through in the next 3 hours or more and another page to write before tomorrow morning. This weekend will be no slower with my brother's birthday and a funeral for a fallen Marine who was killed in Afghanistan last week.

Sascha
04-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Interesting news today, as I came home from school. My father's apparently moving back here to Colorado, and will be crashing on my couch for while. Not sure quite how I feel about this yet; it's somewhat sudden. (The 'staying with me' part, that is. He's been trying to leave California for a while now.)

Might get a bit claustrophobic here shortly.

tesral
04-09-2010, 11:53 PM
Good luck with that.

I have much simpler goals. Get that last nacelle end cap on the USS Kongo. That will finish the physical building. Only decals left to do.

Freejack
04-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Let's see. Bicycled down to Anthony's to get a slice of Pizza for lunch. Stopped and picked up Mouse Guard and another copy of Shadowrun 4th (6th Printing; I didn't have it). Bicycled back home. Installing Windows 7 now that the system is all backed up. Preparing to go to a funeral tomorrow as a family friend passed away on Thursday.

Had to cancel my Sunday Shadowrun game (does that really sound as bad as it looks?)

Carl

Hoitash
04-10-2010, 03:44 PM
Relaxing a bit before I tackle the coming last week of classes, where I have to:

finish a book review and turn it in By Wedsneday

Study for five exams in preperation for what may be the most mind numbing week ever.

Talk to my Lit professor to see if I have a chance of a B+ in his class.

And revise and print a 15 page paper-plus citations and bibliography- by Thursday, hoping that the one book recomended by name by the profesor arrives through MelCat on time- appaently its the least anti-Venetian of them all, not that i could tell. Do professor actually expect student to read there sources when writing a paper?

To top it off, I am in very real danger of getting kicked out of the honor's college, but fortunately I have both a very, very slim chance of not being kicked out, and a back up plan for if/when I am. I'm also accepting a scholarship Tuesday ten minutes before class.

But for now, I have laundry to finish. And 21 emails. And if I stay in the honors college I am so buying a bottle of Jonnie Walker red. Sorry, lot on my mind I guess.

tesral
04-10-2010, 03:59 PM
Well I got that end cap on. I gloss coated the ship with a pearl gloss paint prior to decaling. (Gloss prevents slivering of the decals.

We are cleaning the upstairs.

UURich
04-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Preparing to go to a funeral tomorrow as a family friend passed away on Thursday. Had to cancel my Sunday Shadowrun game (does that really sound as bad as it looks?)

Carl

Hi There,

Nope, doesn't sound as bad as it looks. I am now home after my funeral and proceedings. May it be peaceful and filled with the beauty and mystery that should come there. Two papers to write tomorrow for Monday's classes. I have a birthday party for my baby brother so that will commence in a few hours.

Sascha
04-10-2010, 04:12 PM
It seems the Bluth family has corrupted a few more minds. (That is, I loaned our Shadowrun GM Arrested Development Season 1, and now there's a request for Season 2. Poor, poor people.)

traesin
04-10-2010, 05:26 PM
let's see. today so far i have slept. took nieghbor to work and slept some more. may watch a movie here soon. hopefuly the girls are going out tonight. other than that I plan on doing nothing and enjoying it.

Hoitash
04-11-2010, 11:29 AM
Good news, I found the book I need on Google books. The edition may be a bit off but it should work, assuming I can find what I need. Three days to revise nine pages and write two more? Why not. Oh, and two days to finish the book review... I did not waste me weekend, I did laundry and cleaned part of room. Which sounds more impressive when you realize my bedroom has not been cleaned for 16 years.

tesral
04-11-2010, 12:58 PM
If you find any bodies, we don't want to know.

Hoitash
04-11-2010, 02:38 PM
I dunno, I think Jimmy Hoffa may be crammed in my closet.

traesin
04-11-2010, 02:40 PM
getting ready to head to game.

UURich
04-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Listening to the Buffalo Sabres v. New Jersey Devils hockey game on the internet while I write a paper based from Deeply Woven Roots by Gunderson. I wanted to finish the paper before the game but I've been looking at open source GIS software this morning.

Hoitash
04-11-2010, 05:42 PM
Oh, by the way, that poem I did based on Firefly got an A-. The professor felt it was more like something emmerson would have written, rather than Dickinson.

Wow. Only now, as a junior, do I feel I have wasted my minor.

Soft Serve
04-11-2010, 11:41 PM
Listening to the Buffalo Sabres v. New Jersey Devils hockey game on the internet while I write a paper based from Deeply Woven Roots by Gunderson. I wanted to finish the paper before the game but I've been looking at open source GIS software this morning.

Wow that must have been an amazing game...Brodeur vs. Miller...

traesin
04-11-2010, 11:50 PM
home from game. I ran. I almost got one of them to kill the other. tee-hee. Sitting in my massage chair trying to fix my back. I pulled a muscle and it hurts to move.

tesral
04-12-2010, 12:34 AM
I have coated the GK decal sheet with Future. Time to decal.

traesin
04-12-2010, 05:49 AM
sigh. can't sleep. I can't get comfortable. food and drugs then try again.

UURich
04-12-2010, 05:56 AM
Wow that must have been an amazing game...Brodeur vs. Miller...

Except Miller didn't play. Lindy Rupp didn't play because he thought it was better to rest him for the playoffs rather than to bettle for the #2. Instead they're in the #3 slot and battling Boston. The US Goalies from the Olypics are facing off in the first round.

tesral
04-12-2010, 09:38 AM
One of those nighs.

It looks like the powers that is have heard and the white has been softened.

Soft Serve
04-12-2010, 02:29 PM
Except Miller didn't play. Lindy Rupp didn't play because he thought it was better to rest him for the playoffs rather than to bettle for the #2. Instead they're in the #3 slot and battling Boston. The US Goalies from the Olypics are facing off in the first round.

I'm extremely happy for Tim Thomas. Or at least I was in the Olympics. When USA was smoking someone (I can't remember who) and they let Thomas in the net because Miller held the fort down so damn well. They were talking about how it's been his dream since he bought his first goalie pads from a local pet store. :D

I've actually got my cousin helping me save money to go to the next Winter Olympics just for Hockey.

traesin
04-13-2010, 06:05 PM
So the Dr. gave me Flexeril and Vicadin for my back. I'm also off work for a couple of days. This is going to suck come payday.

tesral
04-13-2010, 09:26 PM
My buddy is flying in from Spokane tomorrow.

Hoitash
04-14-2010, 08:31 AM
My mom used vicodin before the end, well before the tube before the end. Apparently it works, just be careful, I here its addictive.

Sorry, your doc probably all ready told you all that. I gotta lie to my RA becaue I missed last night's floor meeting.

Esxcuse: I was working, real reason: I forgot. Blame the 15 page paper I'm revising.

tesral
04-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Vicodin, nasty stuff. Hate it. Strong form of codeine.

Picking up Jay Hailey in a couple of hours. I stick a decal now and again and the kitchen is next.

TaiRei
04-15-2010, 04:44 AM
Just became a Community Supporter, oh, and watching the 1981 Clash of the Titans.

tesral
04-15-2010, 07:03 AM
Do you know know that there IS hope, in spite of everything it is unnecessary to do...oh, you would have finished it by now, the damage is done.

Well my friend survived the weather, TSA, and being hurled through the air in an aluminum tube. We are hitting the Henry Ford to day.

Hoitash
04-15-2010, 08:25 AM
What's with the whismy of the brainpan? Getting all "old and questioning place in universe?"

traesin
04-15-2010, 09:45 AM
Well back to work. Let's see if the back holds out.

Soft Serve
04-15-2010, 04:11 PM
Silly old people. I jump fences to get to where I need to be. :D

tesral
04-15-2010, 04:54 PM
Back from Greenfield Village and a nap is looking good.

Hoitash
04-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Wonderful place, shame they're not hiring an archivist...

I better double check that. I need a job this summer so bad.

TaiRei
04-15-2010, 06:52 PM
Headed out to my FLGS to pick up a rule book. Damn books costing me my soul!

Hoitash
04-15-2010, 09:06 PM
You cannot say that until you have to buy college textbooks.

Finished a take-home final, but it's not due till Monday. hope I got the really high score I need to get an a- in the class.

Sascha
04-15-2010, 10:22 PM
Just finished Avatar: the Last Airbender. Awesome show.

And our Netflix queue is empty ('cept for one disc on a long wait). What to watch next ... heh.

traesin
04-16-2010, 02:30 AM
at work. back is twinging. so far so good.

TaiRei
04-16-2010, 03:47 AM
Is Avatar all done now? I haven't seen it since the second season.

---------- Post added at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

You cannot say that until you have to buy college textbooks.

I'm currently going to college, will be going to law school here soon as well. I know the pain of textbook costs well.

tesral
04-16-2010, 07:24 AM
Up, kinda. Wrestling wit hte natural antagonism of windows vs Linux.