PDA

View Full Version : A Case of an Immortal in American History...

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-25-2009, 04:43 PM
A few years back, I came across a link speaking of an unusual character in american history that lived for centuries, dealing with magick, and all that goodiness... he was eventually killed by the townsfolk. Whether or not this was to be believed, it was a very good story. If anyone is aware of the story in which i am speaking of, please list the link. Your efforts are appreciated.

Please list other interesting stories of folks that appeared to find ways to extend their normal human lifespans on this planet we call earth.

Being at a loss due to illness, i am also aware of a man from China that had lived for nearly 300 years, dying in the early 20th century, but cant recall his name. Another would be Rebazar Tarz, currently living today in India, and is around 600 years old. Please play along by submitting stories you've come across in your lifetime.

I'm aware of about 5, and will list them and their background when i get a chance. Until then, post away... and remember, this is all for fun. I'd like to blog this once i locate this story.

What share you?

Thanks for participating,

Thoth-Amon
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Here's a few more:

1. Li Chang Yun, died May, 1933 at the age of 256 years

2. Thomas Carn, died in 1568 at the age of 207 years

3. Elizabeth Yorath, died February 13, 1668 at the age of 177 years

4. William Edwards, died February 24, 1668 at the age of 168 years

5. Joice Heth, died 1835 at the age of 161 years

6. Petratsh Zartan (Setrasch Czartan), died 1724 at the age of 187 years

7. Thomas Parr, died 1635 at the age of 152 years

8. Kentigren, died January 5, 600 A.D. at the age of 185 years

9. Baba Harainsingh, died 1952 at the age of 176 years

10. John Rovin, died 1741 at the age of 172 years and his wife of 147 years of marriage, Sarah Desson Rovin, died 1741 at the age of 164 years

11. Henry Jenkins, died 1670 at the age of 169 years

12. Javier Pereira, died 1958 at the age of 169 years

13. Shirali Mislimov, died 1973 at the age of 168 years

14. Zaro Aga, died 1934 at the age of 164 (or 157) years

15. Robert Lynch, died 1830 at the age of 160 years

16. There was a monastery in Tibet in the early 20th century, before the Chinese takeover, that was referred to, and i'm going off of memory here: Monastery of the Ancients. Seems that the youngest monk in this monastery was required to be 100, many being 136-160 years of age.

I really am intending to go somewhere with this, so please participate in this thread.

Panthro82
04-26-2009, 03:25 AM
This cant be real?!?! The oldest recorded person in the worlds history was only like 136.

I realize this isnt American history, but it is the one case that sticks out in my mind as I read this post.

In the Three Kingdoms Era of Ancient China, there was one man named Zuo Ci who had no recorded birth year nor year of death. There were recorded sightings of him by numerous people that spanned over 300 years of time, however. He was known to practice medicinal Alchemy, and recorded historical texts speak of him both performing and having magical powers. The writings about him are pretty incredible. Numerous reports by many people living in that Era speak of things they witnessed him do that are astounding. Check it out sometime.

gajenx
04-26-2009, 09:11 AM
There is Methuselah, out of the bible. didn't he live for like 200+ years or something. you also have stories out of Irish and Scottish myth of people come back to their home town many decades later and not looking to have aged a day due to being brought to the lands of the Sidhe.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-26-2009, 10:49 AM
This cant be real?!?! The oldest recorded person in the worlds history was only like 136.

I realize this isnt American history, but it is the one case that sticks out in my mind as I read this post.

In the Three Kingdoms Era of Ancient China, there was one man named Zuo Ci who had no recorded birth year nor year of death. There were recorded sightings of him by numerous people that spanned over 300 years of time, however. He was known to practice medicinal Alchemy, and recorded historical texts speak of him both performing and having magical powers. The writings about him are pretty incredible. Numerous reports by many people living in that Era speak of things they witnessed him do that are astounding. Check it out sometime.
I'll definitely check out Zoa Chi, Panthro82. Thanks for listing him.

Actually, we only verify age with birth records. We have people alive today, btw, that claim longest lifespans, but are not recognized due to the lack of a birth certificate-not issues in the old days. So folks like Li Chang Yun cant be verified, even though there is some evidence( i use evidence loosely). No worries, though. Still interesting stuff, and i'm not trying to validate any claims anyway. That's not my point on this thread. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li_Qing_Yuen

Now, if only i can find that story of the alchemist in America.

Panthro82
04-26-2009, 04:03 PM
I do believe in mysticism so it is not too far fetched to me. I was most amazed by Zuo Ci, because it was back in that time frame, and in ancient feudal China to boot! This man reportedly lived at least over 300 years! I think the average life span then was only about 48-50 years! Definitely think Alchemy is an interesting subject.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-26-2009, 04:12 PM
You throw enough cool people onto the planet, you'll end up with some pretty cool things, not unlike underground cities. http://www.history.com/cities-of-the-underworld

Okay, my bad. I thread jacked my own thread, now :focus:

nijineko
05-03-2009, 10:22 PM
elijah the prophet still isn't dead. he was taken into heaven in a fiery chariot and never tasted of death. add to that john the beloved who is to remain until the savior returns. there are also stories of three native americans who are to remain until the end of the world.

Panthro82
05-04-2009, 12:39 AM
the three amigos?

nijineko
05-11-2009, 04:25 PM
=D they have hidden their names... but there was a list of twelve individuals, and it was known that those three were among those twelve. but that only helps if they still use their original names. ^^

Panthro82
05-12-2009, 11:12 PM
=D they have hidden their names... but there was a list of twelve individuals, and it was known that those three were among those twelve. but that only helps if they still use their original names. ^^

I'd have to go out on a limb here and say Keith Richards is definitely one of these 12! All the stuff this guy has done in his life and he is still alive??!?!?!? Must be immortal..

nijineko
05-12-2009, 11:31 PM
well, if he was around in the first century ad, then it could be. ^^