PDA

View Full Version : Would like to start a new group

fmitchell
04-24-2009, 05:38 PM
My old game has petered out, and I'm looking to start a new game.

The old game died because I only had two players, and with one person or another not able to make it, it didn't seem worthwhile to continue. I'd rather not let that happen again, so I'd like to do a little "market research" first into what of the games I'm likely to run might actually attract players.

This would be a face-to-face, around the table game in North Dallas, unless someone else lived more centrally to the other members.

Please don't reply or vote unless you'd be willing and able to join the game, assuming it was in an agreeable time slot.

Thanks.

gryphonjjh
05-01-2009, 05:41 PM
I live in the North Dallas area and I am looking for a gaming group. I have played D&D, shadowrun, and call of cthulu campaigns. I have an odd work schedule that takes up my weekends. I can play Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Drop me a line if you are still looking for players.

gryphonjjh@hotmail.com

Baron_Samedi
05-13-2009, 07:05 PM
You may be able to kill a few birds with a 'magic stone'. If you are considering far-future and transhuman, you might want to look into mongoose games cthulhu-tech. It delves into the mythos, and talks about eldritch mecha technology developed at miskatonic university. it has magic, technology, political intrigue and a little bit of xenos-space opera...Reminds me of Heavy Gear, Call of Cthulhu, and Shadowrun...just a thought...

Webhead
05-13-2009, 07:13 PM
Assuming the game gets off the ground, a centralized location is found and it occurs at an amicable time, I am interested. Per my vote on the poll, CoC is the game I would be most interested in as a player but would also consider giving WFRP a try as well. I will also offer my services as GM if desired as there are a few RPGs that I am of the mind to run right now. Let me know.

fmitchell
05-15-2009, 10:30 AM
If you are considering far-future and transhuman, you might want to look into mongoose games cthulhu-tech.

I've heard of it, but I don't like mecha in my Mythos. (I don't like Reese's, either.)

Really, I'd like to do WFRP or some science fiction/space opera (system negotiable). I threw in CoC because I have a few modules, and my last game used BRP. d20/D&D was an outlier, and after considering my options I might do True20, but nothing based on the PHB or d20 Modern.