PDA

View Full Version : D&D D&D Miniatures Gallery: Player's Handbook Heroes

PnP News Bot
04-24-2009, 01:40 PM
http://www.wizards.com/books/images/dnd_logo_small.jpg

Check out this new article Wizards of the Coast posted recently:

D&D Miniatures Gallery: Player's Handbook Heroes (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mg/phh1)

Player's Handbook Heroes, Set 1 miniatures are available now, and inspiring adventurers everywhere to achieve new heights of dashingness and panache. Check out the complete gallery here, before making your trip to the store.

kirksmithicus
04-24-2009, 01:47 PM
I think that it is cool that they started selling minis in non-random packs. The only problem for me, is that I don't give a Winnie the Pooh about heroes. Does anyone know if they are going to start selling monsters in non-random packs?

yukonhorror
04-24-2009, 02:28 PM
they are semi-non random. You get to see one, but the rest are random.

kirksmithicus
04-24-2009, 03:11 PM
What?! that is just stupid :mad:. I wish they would sell the regular size minis in packs of 4 or 5, with different poses. Would certainly entice me to purchase them more often directly from WotC. That would be too easy and convenient to be able to create an encounter or series of encounters then go out and purchase only those minis that you wanted. I guess I'll stick to the secondhand online sources.

fmitchell
04-24-2009, 04:21 PM
they are semi-non random. You get to see one, but the rest are random.

Where did you get this? According to everything I've seen from WotC, each pack is the same three minis, as listed in the gallery. Noble Knight Games is selling them with the same names as in the gallery.

yukonhorror
04-24-2009, 04:40 PM
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mi/20090417

fmitchell
04-24-2009, 05:30 PM
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mi/20090417

That only applies to the "Dangerous Delves" line. As far as I know, the "Player's Handbook Heroes" are sold as given. (Maybe I lost the context of the original statement.)

yukonhorror
04-24-2009, 05:39 PM
right, but Kirk was wondering about the monster minis, not the player heroes minis.

Those you can see what you get, but the monster mini kits only allows you to view one.

@kirk

but you do get new powers to use (an at-will and a utility power) for each mini in the set. Is it worth it for that, no, but I am curious as to what the powers are like.

cigamnogard
04-24-2009, 06:28 PM
I still prefer to paint my own.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-24-2009, 08:45 PM
What?! that is just stupid :mad:. I wish they would sell the regular size minis in packs of 4 or 5, with different poses. Would certainly entice my to purchase them more often directly from WotC. That would be too easy and convenient to be able to create an encounter or series of encounters then go out and purchase only those minis that you wanted. I guess I'll stick to the secondhand online sources.
I completely agree. Give me packs of miniatures in different poses. Much more useful.

kirksmithicus
04-24-2009, 08:59 PM
I still prefer to paint my own.

I enjoy painting as well, mostly weird stuff though. Powder monkey, overburdened henchman, drunken Dwarves are among my favorites, but for bulk and price the plastic ones aren't that bad. Plus I can throw them in anything and they'll take a beating and still be okay after transport.

right, but Kirk was wondering about the monster minis, not the player heroes minis.

Those you can see what you get, but the monster mini kits only allows you to view one.

@kirk

but you do get new powers to use (an at-will and a utility power) for each mini in the set. Is it worth it for that, no, but I am curious as to what the powers are like.

Thanks for the link. I can't for the life of me figure out the rational behind the semi-random packaging. Sell the larges as singles and the rest in packs. Unless of course they are worried that some of the less useful things won't sell, and they'll be stuck with a bunch of minis no one wants as a result. The exploits and powers are interesting.

vic_kidd
04-25-2009, 03:16 AM
From what I understand is the the Rare will be the one that isn't random and the rest will be random which will make it easier for people to get the complete set of minis. I went and bought the Heroes mini and I really like them. I'd like to paint but my hands aren't steady enough.