PDA

View Full Version : Which Lord of the Rings character do you identify with?

Lucian-Sunaka
04-23-2009, 03:25 PM
Well, back by popular (or at least one other person lol) demand, here it is for Lord of the Rings.

I saw the threads with the quizzes, and they got me thinking. The problem with those quizzes is there are so many characters in the most fiction universes that no single programmed quiz could ever possibly hope to give the best match, so here's my idea.

Post which Lord of the Rings character you feel the most connected to, that you would be if you could choose to be any LotR character.

To make things more interesting, try to avoid doubling up a character, if a char has been taken, try to come up with an alternative (Feel free to note your primary choice as well of course.)

For the purpose of this little discussion, any Lord of the Rings character ever is fair game, if it had an independent personality (even animals, spirits, etc) it's an open choice.

Oh, and one more thing. Tell us why you feel tied to the character, a few traits you share, etc.

kirksmithicus
04-23-2009, 03:28 PM
Uruk Hai :D

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-23-2009, 03:33 PM
I'm kind of a split between Galdalf & Saruman, as portrayed in the animated version of LOTR. Heck with it, put me down as Strider.

Lucian-Sunaka
04-23-2009, 03:35 PM
Care to tell us why Urak Hai? (And who he is, I've got absolutely no idea lol, never read the books and only watched the movies once each.)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-23-2009, 03:36 PM
You have me curious, too. Tell us why?

GoddessGood
04-23-2009, 04:47 PM
He likes crooked swords and makeup?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-23-2009, 04:48 PM
He likes crooked swords and makeup?
Is this true, kirksmithicus?

...just playing. :laugh:

Lucian-Sunaka
04-23-2009, 04:55 PM
Maybe he likes crooked swords because they're not straight? :D lmao

GoddessGood
04-29-2009, 12:55 PM
Hmm, didn't mean for that to be the note this thread ended on. Lessee ... LOTR characters ... Merry/Pippin probably. They seem to go off on these odd little adventures where cool stuff happens that nobody ever sees and probably don't quite believe. Yeah, they don't save the world, but they're significant in their own right and they're good friends. In the end, that's pretty important, too.

Moritz
05-01-2009, 10:08 AM
I could totally identify with Liv Tyler. We could 'identify' all night long.

<see my signature line :) >

Dytrrnikl
05-01-2009, 11:05 AM
For me, it has always been Frodo...at least until he fails at the end. However, just before he fails, when Gollum tried to take the ring and Sam and Frodo fought off Gollum, in the book...Frodo clasped the ring in his hand, and called upon its power, and cursed Gollum saying 'If you try to take the ring again Gollum, you'll fall into the cracks of doom.' It would've been nice to see Jackson put that in, but he never did get the subtle power behind magic in Middle-Earth...The One Ring excluded of course, as it was the source of magic.

gajenx
05-03-2009, 10:17 AM
I think I would best identify with Tom Bombidil. I often seem to know to much of what is going on and have a very much whatever policy of life. Like him I think life in general should not be worth stressing over.

Plus hippy person here as well.

malchya
05-28-2010, 02:39 AM
King Theoden

Law
05-28-2010, 08:23 AM
I'm not very tall. I love food and food-related rituals. I am getting into gardening, and I like staying close to home.

Looks like I'm a hobbit. Does it really matter which one?

Arkhemedes
05-28-2010, 12:40 PM
That's easy. Smaug.

Lord Soth
06-03-2010, 11:11 AM
Witch-King of Angmar, Awesome fashion sense, everyone knows when i arrive on the battlefield, and weapons that overcompensate my already fantastic presence...only so i can be cut down by an uncharismatic, doe-eyed female and a midgit...way to go down like a champion. :biggrin: