PDA

View Full Version : D&D Miniatures Skirmish game is alive and well

Teclis44
04-22-2009, 08:29 AM
Wizards has give the license to continue the Miniatures skirmish game to a group of players who have for the DDM Guild. Check the Guild Web Site http://www.ddmguild.com They will be issueing revised Stat cards for all of the sets back to Harbinger by the end of the year. There is also talk of creating 1.0 cards for the newer sets. The entire rule book has been revised and condensed to make more sense. Also they are creating Guild versions of the stat cards which incorporate any Eratta that has come out. They have done a great job keeping the game alive and have a sound plan for moving forward.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-22-2009, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the news. Btw, i noticed your name being Teclis. Any chance you're a hard-core wfrp fan?

Teclis44
04-27-2009, 07:43 AM
LOL. Haven't played much WHFB in awhile but I was always the Big High ELf player. I think at one time I had over 50,000 points worth of High Elves. It was a running joke that I always had Teclis on the field.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-27-2009, 11:24 AM
There some great stories of Teclis, working along side with Gotrek and Felix, in the novels Gotrek and Felix.

Teclis44
04-27-2009, 01:53 PM
I should also add in that the Guild has issued Item cards for use in the Skirmish game. They can be found on the Guild website.

Also they have added a couple of new formats for playing. My favorite is Arena. 200 points 5 creature limit on half maps with half hour time limit. A couple of people can get in 5 or 6 matches real easy. Huge creatures are allowed. We have also done Epic Arena...500 points 5 creatures No size restriction.

Currently members of the Hordelings forum are participating in a Guild League played on Vassal. Matches every week. If you check on Vassal for Miniatures Skirmish you should find people playing there most every night.

Q-man
11-13-2009, 10:05 AM
So how is their version of the game? I had tried the WotC version of the skirmish, and it seemed ok, a decent way to pass some time at least. It seemed like the next day they quit.

I hadn't really payed much attention to them, and I'm curious how these new rules are? I grabbed a copy of all the new rules and updates, but you can't really tell how good a game is from that. So whats the scoop, how good is this latest version of the game?