PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Saga Edition and the Yuuzhan Vong Invasion

Grazak
04-21-2009, 09:21 PM
I have been away from gaming for a while but have recently picked it back up. As I was going through some gaming stuff I had in boxes I found my notes for a Star Wars Campaign set during the Yuzzhan Vong invasion chronicled in the New Jedi Order books. It's pretty thorough notes and integrates well with the events of the series.

Here is the problem. Everything I have is based on the New Jedi Order Sourcebook for the old rules. I have picked up the Saga Edition Core and I think I like rules much better but I don't see much in there about the Vong. Is there much in the Legacy Era Sourcebook or is that focusing on the much later years? Is there anywhere online that has fan created stats for the Vong?

Any direction anyone can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Inquisitor Tremayne
04-21-2009, 11:40 PM
The latest and greatest stats for the Vong are going to be in the Legacy era CG. But keep in mind that it does very much cover the time period 135 years after EP IV. That is probably going to be your best bet. Otherwise there are stats in the core book for a Vong NPC I believe. The Legacy CG even has stats for Coral Skippers, shapers, and vong biotech.

If I had to venture a guess a New Jedi Order CG isn't due out until at least next year.

There is also a Galaxy at War book coming out that is to cover the major wars of the SW history and I imagine there might be some more info in there too.

But generally, I think Saga may be the best RPG I have ever played. i enjoy it immensely!

Good luck and good gaming!

Grazak
04-22-2009, 01:10 AM
That's what I was afraid of. I guess specifics can wait since I won't be running this campaign till fall at the earliest most likely since I am waiting until my group finishes our current D&D 3.5 campaign.

I will look into the Galaxy at War book too. I hadn't heard about that.

I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do with the campaign and I am hoping to be able to put together something like the DoD campaign that I can offer up to other GM's as a free download. But I will prolly run it as a PbP game here as a second run to tweak it first.

Inquisitor Tremayne
04-22-2009, 02:15 PM
That's what I was afraid of. I guess specifics can wait since I won't be running this campaign till fall at the earliest most likely since I am waiting until my group finishes our current D&D 3.5 campaign.

I will look into the Galaxy at War book too. I hadn't heard about that.

I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do with the campaign and I am hoping to be able to put together something like the DoD campaign that I can offer up to other GM's as a free download. But I will prolly run it as a PbP game here as a second run to tweak it first.

Cool, sounds awesome!

I am thinking aside from fluff and story information that there should be just enough info in the Legacy CG to give you a good basis and at least some good options for creating Vong opponents. I wouldnt rule it out just yet. I was kind of surprised by how much Vong stuff there actually was in this book. I'm thinking its their way of offering Vong stuff until they can get more out.

Grazak
04-22-2009, 05:29 PM
Awesome I will definitely check it out then. Luckily fluff and storyline are the parts that are completely unnecessary for me since I am addicted to Star Wars and have read all of the novels at least once. I already have loops to tie this campaign into the storyline of the books without having to change or contradict what happens in the books, which is essential for a nerd like me :p

Thanks for the help with the questions. I think I am going to have to make a trip to the game shop on Friday after work to check out the Legacy book :biggrin:

Citadel
06-27-2009, 01:24 PM
Try this link it's all home brew stuff but I found it usefull.
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1189650